[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no gorosaurus >no titanasaurus >no zilla >no king
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: godzilla ps4.jpg (167 KB, 513x640) Image search: [Google]
godzilla ps4.jpg
167 KB, 513x640
>no gorosaurus
>no titanasaurus
>no zilla
>no king kong
>no varan

only a few kaijus

still love this game
also Kaiju thread
>>
>>13668043
if you go it, how was the game that came before this?
>>
King Kong will never appear in a Godzilla game because Toho doesn't own the rights.

Also why the fuck would you want Zilla.
>>
>>13668087
From the interview i read they wanted to add king kong in but time restraints

also it was tohos king kong

plus despite the shitty movie i have nothing against zilla
>>
>>13668099
Even if it's "Toho's" King Kong, Universal still owns the rights to the name.
>>
File: 1450946494359.png (163 KB, 270x330) Image search: [Google]
1450946494359.png
163 KB, 270x330
>watched gameplay

Looks like shit desu
>>
What is this? Looking at the trailer, it doesn't look any different from the Godzilla Simulator that came out half a year ago
Also, no Titanosaurus is a problem
>>
>>13668126
not even a baragon

it seems like they just put in all the bad guy kaijus and then the ones godzilla allies with

also for whatever reason they treat the mechs like separate being they had no idea existed or involvement in
>>
>>13668167
Gorosaurus would be cool too. Kangaroo kick OP

Seriously though, this looks like the exact game that came out in July, but with "VS" tacked on to the title.
I mean the PS4 game was enjoyable if you're a superfan, but admittedly not a good game, very repetitive and not even local multiplayer. But it was fun in the sense that most Godzilla fans wanted to be able to put on the suit and smash a city until we all learned how much it actually sucked to do. But that's what the game recreates. My joy was palpable when I figured out I could simultaneously fly and shoot beams as Ghidorah in the exact same style as the movies, because I've always wanted to do that. In that sense the game is really fun, but only for diehard Godzilla fans.
>>
>>13668200
>Seriously though, this looks like the exact game that came out in July, but with "VS" tacked on to the title.

Because it is? Japan got the original release a while before English speaking places. When they announced the PS4 version with the multiplayer, they essentially just re-released the game on PS4 (with the multiplayer and bonus monsters) under Godzilla Versus.
>>
>>13668221
So "Godzilla VS" is the JP title, while in the US it's just "Godzilla"?
>>
>>13668108
Then put a character that looks the same but name him something different. I bet even "Kong" would suffice.
>>
File: angry stare.jpg (24 KB, 473x357) Image search: [Google]
angry stare.jpg
24 KB, 473x357
>>13668200
yeah

admittedly, this game isn't all that good by the casual point of view but that's because this game was more specifically for the diehard fans

that's what makes it fun.

Also i doubt we're ever gonna get Gorosaurus because there are no plans for extra content

>mfw
>>
>>13668231
Godzilla Versus is the name of the PS4 version in Japan, yes. The original PS3 game was just Godzilla.
>>
>>13668108
kong king
>>
>>13668236
Other anon here, but thanks - that explains some stuff. Damn, I feel like an idiot - I thought the Japanese PS4 version was an actual update, so I just decided to wait until that one hit. I might not have enjoyed it anyway, but I would have at least rented it and given it a shot.
>>
>>13668099
That didn't stop the greatest rap song ever made.

IF YOU HEAR ME FO YOU SEE ME I GOT KING KONG IN DA TRUNK
>>
>>13668108
Eh... it's a little more complicated than that. Universal was only able to get the rights from RKO by arguing that Kong was public domain.
>>
When it was about to come out in Japan and I had gotten the PS3 demo which I think it was unplayable. Is it more playable on PS4?
>>
>>13668251
>Damn, I feel like an idiot
Don't, the re-naming was stupid as hell.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.