[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like Gundam Barbatos? hmm I think G self is cooler than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 1492x1203) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 1492x1203
Do you like Gundam Barbatos?
hmm I think G self is cooler than Barbatos
>>
>>13665600
Barbatos is cool.
G-Self is cute.
>>
>>13665600
It's very low energy for a main Gundam. Very little presence. Doesn't have the same gravitas the other suits have.
>>
>>13665600
i like rx78
>>
>>13665600
I like Barbatos a lot more. The battles are actually about the pilot's ability to fight, not JIGEN RAYHUNTON SECRET BACKPACK TECHNIQUE. It's got the as-of-yet undisclosed special ability provided by the twin Ahab reactor system that can no longer be duplicated, but they're apparently saving it for something big later later instead of waving it as a magic "I win" function in every battle right from the start. I lost all faith in G-Reco when Belliri just put his hands together, spread his fingers, and yelled "SU-CORD!!" and the G-Self just attacked without Belliri's hands even being on the controls.
>>
>>13665669
I lost all faith in this board when I saw that this wasn't a copypasta from MAL or some other shithole. baka
At least I know it is b8 then
>>
>>13665600
Exia > all
>>
A bit too generic. G-Selfs design was a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>13665600
I like Barbatos because its like the classic UC Gundams where there is no doubt that it's a higher spec of machine than most other MS at least at the start of the series, but it's not this insane untouchable god machine that can drop multiple enemy MS per second like most AU Gundams do.
>>
File: destiny.png (311 KB, 640x362) Image search: [Google]
destiny.png
311 KB, 640x362
Destiny Gundam > all
>>
File: image.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
No beam rifle No beam sabre No beam weapons.
Barbatos suck.
>>
I'm indifferent to how it functions in the story, I don't like the design that much. I thought I might like the hourglass shape of it, but animated it doesn't look or move fluidly.
>>
They both have their merits.

G-Self has a rather interesting design, especially since it does the Noh mask thing where it looks like it has a different expression when seen from different angles(Best shown in the ED).
Barbatos does the whole modular frame thing decently, and also isn't like the average Gundam since, like the G-Self, they have the parts that identify them as a Gundam(V-fin, etc), but they aren't similar to your regular Gundam, they spin their own style into the design of the parts and the result is a rather non-conventional Gundam design.
>>
>>13665600
I do, I really like the head and torso design. The mace and sword are cool, too.
>>
>>13665716
>wanting generic
>>
I think this is just another bait thread to force the most contrived fanbase war of the year.
>>
>>13665600
I'm really not into it. I don't like the V-fin or the head in general. The rest is great. Someone draw a more standard head on Barbatos, I think it'd look great.
>>
>>13665720
>>13665644
this
>>
>>13665689
>At least I know it is b8
No, it isn't bait, just an opinion that differs from yours. Bait is when you post something you don't believe just to get people to reply. Honestly I'd much rather you state your own opinion to OP and just hide my post if it bothers you. In fact, I will ask you to please not respond to this post at all.
>>
File: PEjsMdT.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PEjsMdT.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
>>13665644
>G-Self is cute.

I was getting some murderous vibes in the earlier episodes, pic related felt more insidious than bug-cuteness and in the parts where Bellri kills his mentor and his sister's lover I thought the show had hinted to the g-self taking over in the split seconds and killed them.
I was predicting the g-self would kill everyone in the show by the end.
>>
>>13665600
I dont like it's design. My previous encounter with the designer's work was the Thrones but i didnt like their design as much as well. The "alien" like design of the Thrones fitted team Trinity's but only that.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 320x480
>>13665714
you are why the world sucks, fuck you and fuck destiny

gundam 00 > seed all day
dont agree? im sure theres a dick floating around for you to eat somwhere :D
>>
>>13665600
I don't hate it but since it never moves and its action sequences suck I don't really care either.
>>
>>13665692
>G-Selfs design was a breath of fresh air.
G-Self is a RX-78-2 with forward horns and thruster pods on the legs
>>
>>13665644
>G-Self is cute

Agreed

>Barbatos is cool

Personally prefer Kimaris. Barbatos' Mace spear thing is cool as all hell though.
>>
>>13665600
It hasn't grown on me yet. I like that it is pushing to be somewhat different in terms of design and using parts from other machines, but it still has yet to "wow" me.
>>
>>13665600
I like Barbatos, the mace is pretty cool, eh.
>>
File: 1449341739119.jpg (57 KB, 320x640) Image search: [Google]
1449341739119.jpg
57 KB, 320x640
>>13665978
>>
Barbatos looks a bit like an old-school super robot to me.
>>
>>13665600
Weren't we supposed to see Barbatos "consuming" enemy mechs and getting new parts from defeated foes frequently ?
>>
>>13675236
>Weren't we supposed to see Barbatos "consuming" enemy mechs and getting new parts from defeated foes frequently ?
Feel free to post a source for your crazy ideas.
>>
>>13675240
it was in the promo materials.
>>
>>13675236

It was modified with enemy MS parts in the first 10 episodes in case you werent paying attention
>>
>>13675236
>>13675240
>>13675249
See >>13675306
>>
>>13675306
It had different shoulder pads for a bit, but that was about it.
>>
>>13675309
>>13675306
>>13675249
>We jump to conclusions based on incorrect assumptions
>>
>>13665600
I like Barbatos' design better. G-Self looks too cutesie for me.

To be honest, I even prefer the AGE 2, 3, and FX over G-Self.

G-Self is too clean and curved, rather than having the more usual blend of angular and curved elements present in other Gundams. Not to mention, has big moe-eye level eyes for its face.
>>
>>13665600
I think the V-fin and the waist look absolutely stupid. Worst is they keep shoving armor everywhere except the waist.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.