[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you /m/, you told me this was a comedy Does it get less
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (525 KB, 620x410) Image search: [Google]
image.png
525 KB, 620x410
Fuck you /m/, you told me this was a comedy

Does it get less depressing after episode 6?
>>
>>13656868
This post makes me want to watch this show
>>
Oh it's very much a comedy.

It may have moments of real talk dead seriousness but they never drag the show out of its tongue in cheek space opera corner, at least not until the events of the movie.

It's kinda schizo like that.
>>
>Watching this on netflix back in the early days when they just had discs
>Some fag before me lost disk 5 or some bullshit
>End up buying the whole set
I should bust that out again.
It's pretty good.
>>
>>13656868
It kind of goes all over the fucking place, man. That's why I love it.
>>
Tragedy only has meaning with comedy to juxtapose it
>>
File: 7pyzA4S.gif (658 KB, 280x212) Image search: [Google]
7pyzA4S.gif
658 KB, 280x212
>>13656868

Yeah. Just keep at it. It's all puppies and rainbows from here on out, I promise.
>>
>>13656868
Be prepared for the ending which doesn't end anything and leads to the worst mecha sequal of all time.
>>
>>13656868
When Gai died, it marked the moment the series went to shit, you can keep hoping it will get better. but it doesn't.
>>
>>13657287
This again? Omg, someone died in an anime, you guys should get over it already.
>>
>>13657297
>Best character who keeps the anime engaging is killed
>Be shocked that the quality of the show nose dives afterwards
No, we won't get over it.
>>
>>13657302
I wouldn't trust someone that bases their opinion on a show entirely around one character.
>>
>>13657297
But he an obnoxious fag who jack it to giant robots just like me man, like shieet nigga how you not get that he the only character dat matta?
>>
>>13657287
I'm just mad at how he went out. I see what they were trying to do by making his death unceremonious and quickly forgotten forever, but I'm still fucking sad because of it
>>
>>13657333
>quickly forgotten forever

You really just stopped at that episode, didn't you?
>>
File: geki 5.jpg (256 KB, 883x639) Image search: [Google]
geki 5.jpg
256 KB, 883x639
>>13657302
If you love him so much play the play then.
>>
>>13657353
Nah, stopped at 6. Definitely gonna pick it back up soon
>>
Nadesico is basically a show with no proper head writer and minimal effort at continuity. They only seemed to have a vague plot outline and then let people do whatever the fuck they felt like as long as it hit the checkpoints. So characters and tone (and quality) ping pong all over the place from episode to episode and the ending of one never seems to lead in to the beginning of the next one.

Shou Aikawa wrote most if not all the plot important episodes so they're shit, but that's about it.
>>
>>13657333
Personally I was elated, because Gai was like one continuous bludgeoning over the head with "hey, you, this is you, if you like super robots you're an annoying faggot like this annoying faggot". All that shit building him up, "oh, you're going to love Gai, you're going to be so fucking sad about what happens to Gai, Let's Go Gekiganger III", and he turns out to be this drooling imbecile? Fuck off.
>>
>>13657977
Hit the nail on the head and got dubs. Good job anon.
>>
>>13656868
It's like a parody of Evangelion, only with more suffering and less comedy.
>>
>>13657287
You said that about TTGL
>>
>>13656868
It turns into a zany love quadrilateral, with captain blue hair, a bitch, and an unloved green haired tomboy. It's all silly from here on man. Just get ready for Ruri stilling spot light time. Seriously I detest Ruri.
>>
>>13657977
I found his silliness amusing personally, but having to watch it for 26 episodes would have been complete hell. Maybe he could have stood for more than three episodes and getting killed on foot (especially since this is the guy who was WALKING ON A BROKEN LEG, that bullet must have hit his heart and bounced up into his brain to actually kill him), but then you run the risk of getting him too close to the Jovians and their brand of insanity.
>>
>>13658199
I wouldn't have minded if he lasted the whole show, but I also think him dying was just fine. They had a lot to play off of with his death, so I hav no complaints other than PoD sequel never
>>
>>13657333
>>13658199
These two sum up my feeling on the matter. I did know it was coming thanks to having it spoiled for me which I sort of appreciated I guess because I thought he was cute. So I knew not to get too attached.
>>
>>13657977
I think they were just telling the audience not to obsess over one franchise too much. Akito also likes Gekiganger but he can see its faults and look at it objectively but still have fun watching it
>>
>>13658444
Fuck my grammar, I wasted those trips
Haven't even finished the show either
>>
File: spriggan wins the akitobowl.jpg (849 KB, 1139x2574) Image search: [Google]
spriggan wins the akitobowl.jpg
849 KB, 1139x2574
>>
>>13657287
>>13657302
>Black_Knight is a fucking retard.
All is right with the world.
>>
>>13657383

Most of the crew immediately forgets about Gai but their indifference is what brings Akito together with the bridge bunny for part of the show. They end up breaking up after a while, but Gai stays relevant to Akito throughout the show and his death is what motivates a lot of Akito's actions, from giving him the will to go on during crisis to trying to find his murderer and more.

Gai's death isn't important to the crew or even really to the plot, but it's definitely important to Akito and through him to the show at large.
>>
>>13658981
Thanks for the info. Would've been weird if they just dropped the subject entirely
>>
>>13656868
sort of but then not really
it's a real rollercoaster
>>
File: 1423317277021.jpg (155 KB, 600x477) Image search: [Google]
1423317277021.jpg
155 KB, 600x477
>>13656868
>Does it get less depressing after episode 6?

Nope. Nadesico's message is basically as follows:

>DO YOU LIKE GIANT ROBOTS?
>DO YOU LIKE FUN?
>WELL THEN YOU DESERVE TO EAT A FUCKING BULLET YOU FANBOY FAGGOT!
>THIS IS A MATURE ANIME FOR MATURE VIEWERS WHO'RE ENLIGHTENED BY THEIR LOVE OF TRAGEDY!
>fedora.jpg
>YOU THOUGHT WE WERE BRINGING TOMOKAZU SEKI BACK MID-SEASON?
>HAHAHA YHBT FAGGOT
>OH, AND IT TURNS OUT THE BAD GUYS ARE SUPER ROBOT FANBOYS TOO BECAUSE FUCK YOUR ENTIRE FANDOM!
>AND JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH OF A FAGGOT WE THINK YOU MECHA FANS REALLY ARE, WE TURNED THE MC INTO AN EMO JUST BECAUSE!
>HE DOESN'T GET A HAPPY ENDING AND EVERYONE JUST GOES ON WITH THEIR LIVES UNTIL THEY ALL DIE
>BECAUSE FUCK YOU AND THE GENRE YOU ENJOY!
>ONLY FAGGOTS ENJOY LIGHTHEARTED FEEL-GOOD ENTERTAINMENT THAT DOESN'T HAVE OVER 9000 LEVELS IN EDGE!

Mind you, this was the 90s. Like the 2010s, it was normal for content creators to be pretentious fedora-tipping fucktards who thought anime was shit unless it kicked the viewers in the nuts. Pic related because manly tears.
>>
>>13664137
that was what you got out of it? i think the pretentious person is yourself, not the show.
>>
>>13664137
You sound extremely butt devastated.
>>
I'm amused at the number of anons who wanted a REALISTIC series without plot shields where major characters can die not because it's dramatically appropriate but because they were just unlucky, and then rage at Nadesico where that exact thing happened to Gai.

Moreover Nadesico has an (almost) all-adult cast of mercenaries working for a morally grey corporation, something which /m/ also always says it wants to see.

>>13656868
Nadesico is a weird mix of lighthearted shenanigans and depressing drama bombs. That's because of the show's message, which is: don't take anime so seriously. You can enjoy it, you can get emotionally engaged in it. But being depressed because something sad happened in a work of fiction, or having your whole life revolve around the same work? That's just not healthy.
>>
>>13664137
This actually sounds very good.

But I am such a hipster edgelord that I gave berserk a 10/10 BECAUSE of how it ended (and the manga is shit).
>>
>>13664431
>I'm amused at the number of anons who wanted a REALISTIC series without plot shields where major characters can die not because it's dramatically appropriate but because they were just unlucky, and then rage at Nadesico where that exact thing happened to Gai.
People say they want something like that then call it edgy if it happens.

/m/'s desire for what they say they want is overridden by their desire to be massive hipsters.
>>
>>13664431
Americans don't like moral grey characters and hate bad endings.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.