[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mari Okada was supposed to write G-Reco
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: ax2-20.jpg (249 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
ax2-20.jpg
249 KB, 800x533
According to the old leak about G-Tekketsu staff Mari Okada was supposed to write G-Reco

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/621338829786599424
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/679093880378232833

Do you think G-Reco would turn out differently?
Who would have written G-Tekketsu? Would she/he put less "WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR ORPHANS" in it?
Would that make any of the two Gundams better?
Do you think it is true?
How does this make you feel, /m/?
>>
>>13654991
This is false because we already know from the orphans interview that orphans was put on hold after the gundam 00 movie because she was already writing for other things. G reco came about on its own.
>>
IBO was in development for so long yet is so bad.
>>
>Do you think G-Reco would turn out differently?
Absolutely. It might have had characters that were likeable, believable, and not retarded. It might have had a plot that didn't require an instruction manual to follow.
>>
File: 7.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
>>13655024
>not retarded
Sure.
>>
>>13654991
It is completely untrue as Tomino has been working on G-reco since after Ring of Gundam came.
>>
>>13655030
I never promised it would, just said it might have. Anything is better than pretending Tomino isn't too senile to write anymore.
>>
File: 1414890397810.png (15 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1414890397810.png
15 KB, 300x309
>>13654991
>We would have a good show instead of 2 bad shows
>>
>>13655007
>because she was already writing for other things
Wait, if that's the case, why isn't she writing more of the episodes?
So far she did like 1/4 and her episodes are generally better received than the other ones.
I know she's in charge of series composition too, but if this was going to be an Okada Gundam, they should have let her go full hog.

I sure hope TRIGGER doesn't make the same mistake, with their project.
>>
>yuyucow spouting bullshit again

Of course. I remember when that fag got btfo about g-reco's sales data.
>>
>IBOfags are so desperate that they have to pretend that Okada is a good writer
Before the show even aired, no one had any hopes for it simply because Okada's name was attached, along with whoever is the director. We all agreed it couldn't be good because of her, but now IBOfags are so desperate to put Tomino down that they'll even scrape the bottom of the barrel to praise Okada.
>>
>>13655200
I honestly think Nagi is more too blame as the directing in Gundam IBO is fucking terrible.
>>
>>13655200
Shitposter please leave.
>>
>>13655202
this desu senpai
>>
>>13655032
Maybe he would have co-written it with her.
You do know how the old dog loves working with younger women.

Hell, it was probably his idea.
>>
>>13655203
http://desustorage.org/m/search/text/Okada/end/2015/page/14/
Go through all the way to the first page and notice how the praise only starts recently.
>>
>>13655194
>So far she did like 1/4 and her episodes are generally better received than the other ones.
The first 3. All the other episodes are the same things over and over again
>inb4 but MUH mafia episode
>>
>>13655212
>this episode where stuff happens doesn't count because I just say so
>>
>>13655220
What?
>>
Maybe Okada will help him with his fantasy mecha.
>>
>>13655267
>genuinely wanting okada to work with a deranged old pervert
>>
>>13654991
>Would she/he put less "WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR ORPHANS" in it?
It would have actually gone into the whole "Kuntala" thing without it just being a poorly explained motive for a comically inept rival.
>>
>>13655358
>a poorly explained motive for a comically inept rival.
Found the retard
>>
What would it be like if Tomino wrote IBO and Okada wrote G-Reco
>>
File: 1259565517293.jpg (16 KB, 456x456) Image search: [Google]
1259565517293.jpg
16 KB, 456x456
>>13655358
>a poorly explained motive for a comically inept rival.

Hey, that's cute anon! You strung two adjectives to your two nouns!
>>
>>13655429
It would have actually been engaging and not look like shit.
>>
>>13655429
More like what would it be like if Okada wrote all of IBO like Tomino did with G-Reco.
>>
>>13655429
>What would it be like if Tomino wrote IBO and Okada wrote G-Reco

Swap Calamity War for Universal Century. IBO even rips of the premise of the Dark History from Turn A Gundam. I'd be laughing if it wasn't so pathetic.
>>
>>13655429
Mika would be a spastic autist and Orga would be an incompetent screaming retard
>>
>>13655195
Also, that guy once said cel animation is shit. Surely he is on the shitty person on /m/ list, right?
>>
>>13655267
It would be AOTD along with Fafner and Build Fighters
>>
>>13655478
Turn A ripped off Foundation
>>
>>13654991
Holy fucking shit we dodged a HUGE bullet.
>>
>>13655024
>Absolutely. It might have had characters that were likeable, believable, and not retarded. It might have had a plot that didn't require an instruction manual to follow.
But IBO doesn't have any of those things, so how could G-Reco had them?
>>
>>13655024
>IBO's characters
>Believable
PIck one. IBO's characters are like most modern characters: nothing but a cesspool of troops and generic characterisations. None of the characters feel real. All o f them just feel like these idolised nonsense.
>>
>>13656244
>troops

did you mean tropes? You have to remember this show is marketed towards children who don't have the slightest idea of what war is really like.
>>
>>13656252
Yea, auto-correct changed it to troops. And it's not so much the war as it is the way character interact with one another and how they behave. None of their interactions seem real. Being marketed to children is part of the problem, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that anime writers now-a-days write characters based on tropes and archetypes rather than trying ot make characters that seem human.
>>
>>13654991
At least the character designs wouldn't be wasted then
>>
>>13656260
Yeah but that's all for the sake of marketing. There's a lot of people in the US who still like Wing only because they grew up with it when they were tykes. It's why Mcdonalds had those cartoon characters once.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.