[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/m/'s top 10 mecha designers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: top-ten-designers.png (940 KB, 580x899) Image search: [Google]
top-ten-designers.png
940 KB, 580x899
This is the future you guys chose, all 240 of you.

https://desustorage.org/m/thread/13569245/

So I guess we can now crown Katoki as the rightful king of /m/?
>>
>Ippei Gyobu not on the list.
>>
>>13654477
yeah that sounds about right to me
>>
>>13654482
He is, but he got only 6 votes.

No idea why Shinkawa isn't on it, because he would have undoubtedly made the top 10.
>>
>>13654496
I'm more curious as to why the fuck Obari is on it and so high at that, considering all he's done are redesigns or "original" designs that look extremely derivative of other things, things that he's worked on.
>>
>>13654521
Many people consider Obari to be the face of Super Robots, and the most /m/-like mecha designer.

But yeah, he's not so much of a designer as he is an animator.
>>
>>13654527
He's pretty well known for liking faces on his robots, but I sure as hell wouldn't call him the face of SRs. That's giving him way, way too much goddamned credit.
>>
>>13654535
>That's giving him way, way too much goddamned credit.

Just like how everyone thinks he invented the Sunrise Sword Pose. /m/ worships Obari a bit too much.
>>
>>13654477
There are more plebs than patricians. More news at 6.
>>
>>13654477
I'm glad Okawara did well. I used to see this weird Okawara hate from Obari fans who didn't understand Okawara's job.
>>
>>13654477
>obari
Not even his animations that great
>>
>Makoto Kobayashi made it on the list

Well, that makes me kind of happy.
>>
>Okawara that high.
>>
>>13654752
Okawara used to be great from the mid-80's to the late 90's, but his designs after around 2000 just feel so uninspired.
>>
>>13656747
The real sin is Mead that low bbqh
>>
No Akitaka
No Ishigaki
No Fujita

Obari that high, fuck you /m/
Izubuchi that high, lel

Okawara where he belongs, based
>>
>>13654752
I'm pretty sure every other designer fan hates Okawara.
>>
>>13654477
Katokawara is the best combination.
>>
>>13654477
No Yasuda Akira (Akiman)?

Designer of King Gainer, Code Geass Knightmares and G Self amongst other things?
(Chun Li and Morrigan of course.)
>>
>>13654477
>240

I doubt /m/ has that many people. I'll bet you someone hacked that poll.
>>
>>13657598
Who would do that and more importantly why?
>>
>>13654477
I prefer the multiple choice poll
http://strawpoll.me/6139675
>>
>>13657617
Same reason we have shitposters who spam the Gunpla threads and the Valvrager.
>>
Why is Niθ not an option?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.