[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /m/ favorite Godzilla movie and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 3198187363564965.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3198187363564965.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
What is /m/ favorite Godzilla movie and why?
>>
I haven't seen all of them but it's a toss-up between Showa vs. Mechagodzilla and GMK.
>>
Final Wars - its the hypest
>>
the first once cause it's the one that feels the least like it was made for literal children
>>
>>13653316
(OP) I agree with this, but next to that it's original 54 Godzilla, I was disappointed with the 2014 one. I liked more Pacific Rim than Godzilla 2014é
>>
>>13653316
>>13653326

Look at these guys, having such great taste. Final Wars is the greatest. Where else does a man honestly try to threaten Godzilla with a sword?
>>
Godzilla vs Megalon and Final Wars
>>
Godzilla '54, Godzilla vs Destoroyah and Godzilla '98
>>
Vs Megalon for the awesome camp (and Jet FUCKING Jaguar!) and Vs Destroyah for the awesome... well, AWESOMENESS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_NvbeK2odk
>>
GMK because everything Shusuke Kaneko touches turns to gold. I'd like to see him direct a Mothra remake.

I guess second would be Godzilla vs Mecha Godzilla '74.
>>
>>13653271
Original and, I guess, GMK was the one I enjoyed the most.

There's not a lot of Godzilla movies I genuinely liked, thinking back.
>>
File: Behind_the_Scenes_vs_Megalon_2.jpg (12 KB, 200x129) Image search: [Google]
Behind_the_Scenes_vs_Megalon_2.jpg
12 KB, 200x129
10/10 taste coming through
>>
>>13653271
DAM because Anguirus actually does something in it
>>
File: just shut up.jpg (104 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
just shut up.jpg
104 KB, 620x300
Godzilla x Mechagodzilla (the millenium one)

Kiryu is my waifu.
>>
>>
The first one, because I like it the most.
>>
Invasion of the Astro Monster is GOAT
>>
54 is the best movie because of its subject matter and importance to film history.

I probably enjoyed "evil Godzilla stomps the shit out of everyone", aka GMK the most though
>>
>>13653682
>Godzilla thinks he can take on the Mecha Dragon of Dojima
>>
File: Super X.jpg (447 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
Super X.jpg
447 KB, 500x566
>>13655916
That's Godzilla 1985/Godzilla Returns right? I blame the nostalgia factor, but I don't give a damn. It's the main movie I love to rewatch the most.
Super X>Super X-3>Shit>Super X-2
>>
'54 > Final Wars > Mothra
I haven't seen too many, the rest were just OK, but those were great
>>
Godzilla vs The Jackson 5> Abbot and Costello meet Baragon
>>
>>13656019
I don't even know. I saved it because I thought it was a a neat poster.
>>
>>13656083
>Liking Jackson Five better than Abbot and Costello.
At least tell me you liked Godzilla vs Santa Claus
>>
Final Wars because of the bad-ass mustache guy and the sheer quantity of monsters, and Vs Hedorah because it's so incredible weird and trippy
>>
File: ExgOQwp.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
ExgOQwp.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
Critically: G54

Fun: Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah.
>>
>>13656019
>I blame the nostalgia factor, but I don't give a damn.

Nah man it's a legit good movie even if there were some issues with Godzilla's suit. It's the only movie that actually brings up the political side of Godzilla existing which is a concept I always wanted to see more of.
>>
My favorite 5 are:

Godzilla vs King Kong
Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah giant monsters all out attack
Godzilla Final Wars
>>
1. Godzilla Vs. Kiryu
2. Original '54
3. Final Wars
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.