[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/m/ games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1380887426202.jpg (13 KB, 196x157) Image search: [Google]
1380887426202.jpg
13 KB, 196x157
What are some good portable /m/ games?

Any system really (3DS,Vita, PSP).

LBX and Gundam breaker vita have been good.
>>
Gundam Breaker 3, all the G-Gen games, Gundam Assault Survive.
>>
>>13647061
Also SRW and some of the Macross games.
>>
>>13647061
For the sake of convience what are some good mecha games on portable released in English or with good enough English patches.

Breaker could get a little annoying with special moves and other shit I couldn't understand.
>>
>>13647055
Rengoku 2 is kinda cool.
3rd person action in a cyberdungeon crawl where you kill other robots to upgrade your robot.
>>
>>13647089
Gundam vs. Gundam Next Plus doesn't need any understanding of JP to play.
>>
>>13647158
Thanks Dorkly looks damn fun.
>>
I had a lot of fun with the armored core PSP ports but they're a technical mess, approach with caution.
>>
File: 1337272719451.gif (551 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1337272719451.gif
551 KB, 256x192
The english translated SRWs including SRWOGsagaEndlessFrontier on the DS. That one's a fun game.
>>
>>13647089
Gundam Battle Universe
It's much more English-friendly than Assault Survive.
>>
>>13648073
>We'll never ever get a new game starring this semen demon again
>>
>>13647158
>>13647191
I'm the guy who made a thread on that game weeks go, can confirm Rengoku 2 is top tier if it's what you are looking for in gameplay and you don't mind some hard action.
>>
Are there any good /m/ games that also have multiple endings?
>>
>>13650535
Gihren's Greed.
>>
File: aquales.jpg (31 KB, 229x326) Image search: [Google]
aquales.jpg
31 KB, 229x326
>>13647055
It think it is the right thread to ask this.
For some reason, the pic related's 2nd level in 2nd stage has all spirits vanished.
Is it some sort of bug or did I downloaded a buggy xdf file of the game.
Emulator I am using is XM6.
>>
Gundam Age was fun. Gundam vs Gundam Next was good. I assume Extreme Vs Force will be better.

I'm not sure how /m/ you consider the EDF games to be, but 2 and 3 have Vita ports.
>>
>>13647089
Bangai-O Spirits on DS. Just keep in mind that it plays more like the N64 version of the original rather than the Dreamcast, and you're golden. There's also Custom Robo Arena and the easy but pleasant Solatorobo.

On a 3DS note, there's Liberation Maiden (although it's rather short), Kokuga (if you don't live in Canada) and the Ace Combat 2 remake. That said, there is a Nintendo game that is secretly /m/, for spoiler reasons (Uprising).
>>
>>13650535
Most of Armored Core series
>>
>>13647158
Would I need to play the first Rengoku or can I skip directly to 2?
>>
>>13654294
So I used winx68k fast and it solved the problem!

What's wrong with XM6?
>>
>>13660430
as far as I know you can just jump in
>>
>>13647055

Gihren's Greed is breddy gud. Shame I can't into moon runes to save my life.

I wish it was ported decently to the U.S.
>>
File: pacific_rim_finest_hour.gif (2 MB, 309x174) Image search: [Google]
pacific_rim_finest_hour.gif
2 MB, 309x174
Can anyone suggest a good 3ds /m/ game? Or for an Xbox one? I seriously can't find any and that 3ds Gundam G game seems to just be cut scenes for battles, from the gameplay I find at least.
>>
>>13660720
Code Name STEAM is literally the best game no one gave a shit about on the 3ds.

It's like the Metal Wolf Chaos of strategy games.
>>
>>13660729
Is that really concidered an /m/ game though? I was gonna buy it on release but I felt I had enough strategy games (FE:A, was playing Advance Wars GBA Darkness, Project X Zone, Disgaea 4)
>>
>>13660899
I'd put it fairly in the /m/ periphery.
>>
You can play Front Mission 3 on Vita and PSP. It's a PS1 game.

It's a SRPG. Mechs are more western styled/militaristic, if you're okay with that. Has two stories, each one is long as fuck.

Then there's Front Mission on the DS. It's a remake of the first game.
>>
I'm looking for a mecha game that has some romance elements like Fire Emblem. I hear SRW only has single, fixed romances and things, but I'm looking for something a little more like a VN.

>>13660729
Code Name: STEAM is really interesting and it's on my buy list, but it's still too pricey given the reviews it got.

>>13660899
If Valkyria Chronicles is /m/, so is Code Name: STEAM. It's Valkyria Chronicles mechanics with a steampunk aesthetic and power armor, airships, and other fancy mechanical things.
>>
R-Type Command...I wish someone would fan translate the sequel.
>>
>>13661137
>Has two stories, each one is long as fuck.
My personal recommendation:
If you want to play BOTH stories, go to the mall on your first playthrough.
If you just want the best story, don't go to the mall.
>>
>>13661159
CNS plays out more like old ass time units XCOM's battlescape than VC.

Also a lot of the reviews were penned by hypercasuals, did you see Polygon's trainwreck of a critique?

It's for sure a 4/5 game worth the $25 or so Gamestop would charge you for. Fucking wildest of rides I tell ya.
>>
>>13661159
>I'm looking for a mecha game that has some romance elements like Fire Emblem...but I'm looking for something a little more like a VN.
Sakura Taisen series if you can read Japanese since all but one (which is not considered the strongest one) is in JP.

Maybe Galaxy Angels, if space fighters are /m/ enough for you.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.