[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comet Lucifer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: CWpDNZGUkAQtjoi.jpg large.jpg (69 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
CWpDNZGUkAQtjoi.jpg large.jpg
69 KB, 1024x576
Don't miss the finale of the adventure tomorrow
>>
>>13646843
Is that you Shin Getter
>>
>>13646843
I really miss Gorilla Gorg the angel bot is so dull

Why can't we have non humanoid robots anymore?
>>
Hopefully it's just 20 minutes of fighting and jamon
>>
>>13646843
WOW what happened with moura
>>
>>13646843

oh, I forgot this was even still a thing
>>
>>13646877
Moura turned into a robot angel, got a cockpit and then turned into a sort of cute girl. Now this.
>>
>>13647471
So do they pilot her now?
>>
>>13648210
Sogo hands out in an anti-gravity hologram cockpit that appeared in her chest after Gus punched a hole in her with a railgun. This powered her up.

Even when Sogo is inside, Moura seems to be in control. I guess having her bro in there is a morale boost.
>>
>>13646858
This. I really liked the original incarnation of Moura and was hoping to see it more often.
>>
>>13646858
Because /m/ bitched about that too
>>
Well that was a whole lot of nothing
At least we got some decent grunt vs super fighting.
>>
>>13646843
Hahaha, what an ending. Sogo gets an interplanetary cucking, Moura dies, and Kaon becomes a baby factory for her stalker, all while happy music plays. This might be the most cancerous show I've seen in a while.
>>
>>13648928
Can't expect any less from the guy who directed both seasons of Infinite Stratos.
>>
>>13648939
And Macross Frontier
>>
>>13648928
>This might be the most cancerous show I've seen in a while.
Please, its not even the worst mecha anime this year.
>>
This is one of the worst show I've seen in my life and I've suffered through masterpieces like SEED Destiny, Guilty Crown, Valvrave or Aldnoah Zero.
>>
That was horrible. There is nothing more to be said.
>>
That was dull and unsatisfying. Also I find it hilarious ludicrous that, he shit on domon for doing just this.Then does the exact same thing.
>>
>>13648943
At least then he had Kawamori overseeing to keep the balance.
>>
>>13649350
gus' entire character cracked me up and was half the reason I kept watching the show

he's such a goddamn idiot it's hilarious
>>
>>13646843
That was honest to God one of the worst shows I've ever seen. I hope the director and writer never work on anime again. And to top off the pile of shit this show was, we got CGshit instead of real mech action.
>>
It's a good thing Sogo just stuck with rocks in the end. Everyone he loved died violently.
>>
>>13649947
cg was good though.
>>
>>13650346
>CG
>good
But I like colors that don't stand out horrible, movement that involves squash stretch and smear and has some personality instead of stiff puppets just moving according to coordinates, actual weight behind movements, and personalized style that lends itself to fight choreography.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 500x281
I don't think I've ever been so frustrated at a show's lost potential than Comet Lucifer.

You had the cool mech design, you had a beautiful setting, you had a decent idea, you had cute girls, you had the lighthearted adventure, hell, even the military stuff wasn't too terrible.

So why does it all suck? Why is it generic as hell? Why didn't you flesh out the story properly? Fuck this show's pacing for leading me on. The show would stagnate, but then take a turn for the better, like "oh you guys think the loli is annoying? BAM, no more loli" or "oh you guys are bored with lighthearted adventure? BAM, serious badass Domon time". But at the end of the day, everything just sucked.

And the worst part? No good Moura doujin because they introduced her super late and at this point no one cares. Simply unforgivable.
>>
>>13650358
>even the military stuff wasn't too terrible.
Yes it was.
>>
>>13650377
The keyword there was "too". I was able to tolerate it, but I know a lot of people couldn't stand it. If they would have toned it down a bit or have it flow better, I think it could have worked.
>>
>>13650409
>I think it could have worked.
But the characterization was all over the place, and it all ended up serving no purpose other than to give the adults an excuse to shot people and Domon's totallynotgay war buddy take over his shop. It was completely awful, and the entire story would have had to have been re-written for it to even make a shred of sense.
>>
It's telling when this feels even worse than the shitty shows from last year.
>>
It plays like a 50 episode series from the 80's but only had 12 episodes. It was never going to pan out.
>>
>>13650421
>the entire story would have had to have been re-written for it to even make a shred of sense.

It mainly needs exposition. We just got the bare minimum of why the villans are doing what they're doing, but as you said without proper character development, we just don't care. The politics of aquiring energy for Gift and the means of how they do it could have been interesting if they told us more.
>>
>>13650457
But that's not really "It needs a little more exposition to make these few points clear", that's "They forgot to write a story entirely."
>>
I watched a bad show for the fights and have no regrets.
>>
>>13650791
But the fights were complete shit.
>>
>>13650815
I liked them
>>
>>13650829
>Flailing CGshit while trained military somehow can't hit a kid running circles
>Mora jobbing despite having flight and lasers
>A melonpan grenade knocking down 3 retarded looking mechs
How the hell did you like them?
>>
>>13650840
Do you think I was paying attention to the story? I just liked the designs and attacks.
>>
>>13650849
>attacks
Did you even read my post? The "attacks" were random flailing and complete jobbing on all fronts.
>>
>>13650874
Better than IBO
>>
>>13650924
Not even remotely close.
>>
File: 1450626385503.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450626385503.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
Best ending.
>>
>>13650966
I thought Roman was a dick at first, but he ended up becoming my favorite character. Got the best ending too, marrying the girl he loved and being a successful rocket engineer.
>>
>>13650924
You say that like it's an accomplishment
>>
File: 1450620324576.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450620324576.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>13651110
He was one of the few passable characters in this trainwreck, so I'm glad his ending was good.
>>
I was actually kinda enjoying the last episode until the hackneyed "humans destroyed mother earth" bullshit environmentalism showed up. What a way to spoil the fun you wet blankets.
>>
>>13650924
well i can agree with that actually
>>
>>13650358
Very bad story logic that doesn't work emotionally or sequentially. Nothing about this show would have happened if the main character didn't randomly find the exact magic stone. Ontop of that it wouldn't have happened if the characters hadn't just by accident fallen right besides the magical loli sealing stone when the evil millitary guys just happens to be there.

What is the driving force anywhere? It's like if you make bread but forget to add fluid for the yeast or baking soda to react to. A dry boring mess.
>>
>>13650791
the good fights happened earlier though, everything else was meh
>>
Why is it nearly every modern anime has huge problems with pacing? Nearly every mecha show of the last five years I've seen has pacing problems.
>>
>>13652228
>Why is it nearly every modern anime has huge problems with pacing?
Incompetent staff.
>>
>tfw you will never pilot moura again
>>
>>13655133
>tfw you will never motorboat moura
>>
>>13648962
>SEED Destiny, Guilty Crown, Valvrave or Aldnoah Zero
>Not wanting to fuck robots
What ?
>>
>>13652228
>modern
>>
>>13655133
>>13655190
^This tbhfam
>>
>>13646843
Lets rearrange the story familly ! See if we ca make it better than the staff
>>
>>13655317
Sougo "amuro Rey" and his talking squirrel/robot Moura go on ass kicking adventures
>>
>>13655399
Do they have those pleasant interactions every now and then ?
If you know what i mean.
>>
>>13655317

Pace it properly, use a proper three act structure. Clearly define the goals of the protagonist and antagonist, trim the slice of life stuff that doesn't advance the plot.
>>
>>13652228
"Modern"?
>>
>>13652228
Pacing problems are as old as the fucking genre.
>>
>>13652228
It's not even a pacing problem it's more of a we have no idea what we're doing problem
>>
>>13655943
They're worse in the older series, they just got away with it because of more episodes to salvage
>>
>>13652228
Has there ever been an anime with perfect pacing from beginning to end??
>>
>>13656297
Vandread? Can't really think of any.
>>
>>13652228
I thought mjp had decent pacing.
>>
>>13652049
This anime had shitty physics too. The first episode made my head explode.
>>
>Pack is still a serial killer in the epilogue

>>13655695
I'd personally do the opposite and keep the comfy slice of life stuff that defined the first few episodes while toning down the military conspiracy subplot. For me, it felt out of place because the premise was just too lighthearted and it didn't add up to anything in the end anyway. Suspense could come from other sources, like natural phenomena they come across in their adventures (remember that monsoon Domon was terrified about for no reason? Give him a reason.) rather than military guys aiming guns at them every episode.
Plus, you know. No edgelord children killing people in a gruesome fashion with knives.
>>
>>13657612
>Vandread
Top fucking kek
>>
>>13648241
The whole thing feels like a fucking waste of a development. Sogo barely does anything for the entire series except kinda pretend to be in charge and save felia from the land ship. After that it's basically all Moura doing the work. When the two combined there was a chance for a greater connection between them. Maybe having been damaged she needed Sogo to pilot to augment her slowed reactions or something. Then making her reliant on him adds greater tension when she has to fight alone rather than just watching her constantly jobbing whenever the plot calls for it. And you can also make it so that she doesn't die/vanish/become part of the crystal at the end and instead hangs around sogo after felia leaves since that would feel like a payoff for their relationship as comrades in arms.

But nah, we needed the not-evangelion/gurren lagann ending, and we didn't need a reason to make the lead interesting or useful.
>>
>>13656297
episodic shows, and monster of the week stuff. Other those types of show I can't think of any.
>>
>>13657714
It was dragging like a molasse almost all the time.
>>
>>13655317
Fuck it I'm changing the whole damn thing.
Felia's already a guardian angel right?
Well she saved sougo and the girl in the first episode, instead of saving the world like she should. Sougo get's Moura like normal. Felia ends up a rock sougo and moura have to recharge, but have no clue how. They find out how courtesy of your friendly modeling final boss lady black Moura. They go to the alter. Keep the military guys, have Domon shits on them when we revel his background. Father son bonding with Domon on the way. Keep Honeybee around she's pretty fun, have her end up with Domon. Keep Roman exactly the same. Have Moura gain human form at the alter. Have felia play guide/helper fairy throughout the show, while sougo's dreaming and stuff. Moura gains angel form at the same time as cockpit and it's triggered by her and sougo bonding through teamwork. Sougo and Moura stop black Moura, and Felia is able to save the world, and restore black Moura's Earth. Moura and sougo crash down to earth. Both are fine, and Moura ends up with sougo. Everyone get's a happy end.

probably not very good considering I threw it together at 2 in the morning, but it can't be as bad as what I watched.
>>
>>13658449
Make Felia fall in love with Roman's butler/friend
>>
>>13650924
But what about muh Pedro?
>>
I liked how they suddenly started copying Eva like crazy. Apparently Felia is one of the Seeds of life that came to the different planets, which explained to Sogo while standing in space. At some point I noticed that she has the same color palette as Rei too. Well, that pretty much saved the show for me.
Picrelated, "I need you", lol.
>>
>>13658449
>MC ends with mecha

Seems good to me
>>
>>13656297
Well, I can say for sure that it wouldn't be an adaptation. Only anime-originals have decent pacing.
Also, are we talking about mecha? I'm gonna say code Geass, as insane as it was, it kept me entertaining every week and in season 2 almost every episode had a new asspull, I never felt like they were dragging it out. Although I'm not sure if a story even was structured enough to have a pace.
>>
>>13659099
Goddammit you're an idiot.
>>
>>13659099
There's more than one way to do pacing. With Code Geass the pacing was rather fast but it did bring something new, not only a twist, every week. A few of those were in fact foreshadowed too. Even so, it arguably did get a little too fast for its own good, not in terms of the viewing experience but concerning the rate at which stuff was or wasn't explained. Not as rushed as Comet Lucifer, but then again that show had even less episodes and yet oddly tried to go larger in scale.
>>
>>13652228
writers are still adjusting to the modern norm of 12-episode anime
>>
>>13659084
I hope you mean you "liked" the Eva knock-off bits in a b-grade movie sort of way. While it was always clear that Felia was the spirit of the planet, the idea that there were more of her, that earth was even involved, and exposition in the white void was all asspull central. While I found it hilarious and it made me giggle throughout that ending sequence, it was terrible writing. Seriously, who goes out of their way to steal the arcane, mostly unexplained background to Eva? Although Aquarion Logos also stole part of the Eva ending, but it twisted it a little to remove any sense of moral ambiguity.
>>
>>13659706
Of course it was goofy as fuck. And they even use the term "Seeds of Life", which is not even mentioned in the NGE anime itself and that makes me think that they didn't expect viewers to know about it. Although that might be just the translator's choice of words.
I don't care much for Eva references but I do have a soft spot for shows that just rip it off. And to just do it out of nowhere in the last episode... priceless.
>>
I'm halfway into it and it's pretty watchable so far. It has a few hilarious acid trips out of left field and the mecha sequences are pretty competent. Insipid MC aside, most characters are either dynamic or eccentric if not both.
>>
>>13659985
In other words someone knows Kawamori?
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.