[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Actually deals with real life philosophical issues relating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
>Actually deals with real life philosophical issues relating to war such as the value of pacifism, whether history is written by the victors and do the ends justify the means while all of UC Gundam's philosophical are New Age mystic bullshit that has no basis in real life and will never come true.

Why does think Gundam Wing has nothing intelligent to say again?
>>
>>13643687
It's like eating a hotdogs with fuckhuge stale bread.

You do get taste of that delicious sausage,but you keep chewing the bread for most of the time.

The soft drink (endless waltz)after that tastes good though.
>>
>>13644665
>You do get taste of that delicious sausage
Wing in a nutshell
>>
>>13643687
Because a lot of people like it. If I like something casuals like that means my taste is shit, so I'll have to pretend to hate it even though I enjoyed it.
>>
>>13643687
Because it barely actually talks about what you listed
>>
The problem is the show likes to spend the majority of its time on the case mulling about wondering what the fuck they're doing instead of the philosophy.

When it actually gets into the politics, it's rather good, and Treize's views on Mobile Dolls are more relevant than ever today thanks to the advent of drone warfare. But that's so little of the show.
>>
>>13643687
>>Actually deals with real life philosophical issues relating to war such as the value of pacifism, whether history is written by the victors and do the ends justify the means

Where lol?
>>
>>13645332

> When it actually gets in to the politics, it's rather good

I'd say it's politics are just as insane and silly as it's robots personally. It's philosophical core ideas are interesting, but it does so little with them that they're completely wasted and really only exist so Treize can sound cool giving a speech every now and then basically. Or Wufei in the film.
>>
>>13643687
Everything with Treize was legitimately good. I really enjoyed everything that he did. Too bad he disappeared for fucking ages and otherwise was barely in the show and they instead spent all this time shoving that faggot Wufei, that boring autist Trowa, and that fucking homo Quatre into your face.
You also can't forget how shit Miliardo was once Zechs lost his mask and how boring Heero was whenever he wasn't being a crazy action hero.
Wing is ultimately let down by being extremely dull for 90% of the time.
>>
File: coffee.Roybea2.png (191 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
coffee.Roybea2.png
191 KB, 640x480
>>13644666
Well played, anon.
>>
>>13644665
It isn't s sausage, it is a cocktail weenie
>>
>>13643687
It doesn't really, any issues Wing brings up are only surface deep and lack real substance. Sure it makes a nice prop for Trieze and Zechs to fight about, and no /m/ Gundam post isn't complete without whining about Newtypes.
>>
>>13644677
This
It's the same as with Zeta, SEED, and SEED Destiny
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.