[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Code Geass Ending?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 20
Hmm that was a nice ending.

Wait, what is that?

DID XING KE GET KEKED? WHAAAT? HAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT.

YOU LOST YOUR LOLI PRINCESS. WHY? DID HE DIE FROM HIS ILLNESS?
>>
>>13643203
Wasn't Xing Ke dying of some poisoning anyway?

Then again, it seems more like Gino just photobombed chinaloli's photoshoot going by the reactions of the others in the image.
>>
I'm starting to think Gino is just trying to start his own harem.
>>
>>13643216
>Rakshata is taller than Todo
ha what a fucking manlet
>>
>>13643216
>that lelouche
>>
>>13643210
I thought Xingke was still alive in the epilogue.
>>
>>13643295
You can't really call anybody a manlet when they're designed by CLAMP and have noodle limbs
>>
>>13643295
>American/British woman is taller than a middle-aged Japanese man
No shit

>>13643307
Just accept it already.
>>
>>13643316
Who do you think took that picture
>>
>>13643323
A professional photographer.
>>
>>13643336
Precisely. And who do you think hired the photographer?
>>
>>13643340
>Who do you think geassed the photographer
ftfy
>>
>>13643216
Gino can try, but he can't get even one.
>>
>>13643353
Not lelouche because he can't geass anyone anymore since he has the code.
>>
>>13643203
Xing Ke fucked his Chinese warrior subordinate before dying of leukemia on the way back to his home planet.
>>
Do you guys like this Cornelia's design versus her usual dolled up face?
>>
>>13643340
Must have been the mole people
>>
>>13643421
>>
>>13643409
No, he can't Geass people on account of him being dead

Unless he does his Birthday Ghost shenanigans.
>>
>>13643426
>>
>>13643216
>>13643203

Code Geass had some fine China, now that I think about it.
>>
>>13643427
Oh get the fuck out that's not canon
>>
>>13643515
Prove it.
Because you not liking it doesn't make it not canon.
>>
File: Mariandale.png (900 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mariandale.png
900 KB, 1280x720
Lelouch faked his death and spent his time playing MMORPGs. His character was a combat-maid like Sayako, with C.C's body + his eyes, voice and dick.
>>
File: 1405436550020.gif (499 KB, 650x666) Image search: [Google]
1405436550020.gif
499 KB, 650x666
>>13643570
>>
File: mpc-hc 2015-12-19 16-18-38-11.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2015-12-19 16-18-38-11.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>13643523
>Suzaku should be playing Zero
>Nunally should be Empress
>Nina should be doing science shit with Lloyd
>Lelouch being dead
The ONLY ones that should still be at Ashford are Kallen and Rivalz. Not to mention Nunally's eyes being closed for no reason at all. The whole thing is a non-canon crock of shit
>>
File: Sinttulogdfh.png (1018 KB, 1135x908) Image search: [Google]
Sinttulogdfh.png
1018 KB, 1135x908
>>13643578
Yeah, and guess what? They were.
Lelouch's ghost magic made them forget and play along.
At the end of the PD, they're all back to doing exactly that stuff.

Its like you didn't watch it with subs, or even watch it at all. Thats the only way you could not have picked up on things that were clearly explained. Unless of course, you're just retarded.
>>
File: 1399949174489.jpg (172 KB, 614x819) Image search: [Google]
1399949174489.jpg
172 KB, 614x819
>>13643570
Conspiracy theory time?
>>
>>13643203
Ending never made any sense to me.

Why everyone keeps clamoring that it is the best ending ever, /m/?
>>
File: 32tg.jpg (729 KB, 1918x1078) Image search: [Google]
32tg.jpg
729 KB, 1918x1078
>>13643607
I like how you avoid the fact that there is zero proof whatsoever that those images are from after the OVA rather than before it. They in no way prove this cashgrab as being canon.

But please, continue with your muh ghost magic headcanon.
>>
File: cg-lelouchs-birthday-final-4.jpg (97 KB, 614x346) Image search: [Google]
cg-lelouchs-birthday-final-4.jpg
97 KB, 614x346
>>13643655
>scenes at the end of the PD
>Not taking place after the events

You're really grasping at straws.
Especially seeing as this is the very first and only mention(showing) of what Kallen is doing other than school. This wasn't like the others, doing the obvious. This was clearly meant to show what Kallen would be doing.

Besides, ghost magic in Code Geass is canon.
>>
>>13643655
Now, I don't expect you to be aware of Code Geass: Oz the Reflection, the ongoing spin-off manga. Its canon.

See this bitch in my image? She was a ghost in the exact same capacity as Lelouch was in Miraculous Birthday.
So, we have not one, but two instances of Ghost Magic.
>>
File: sPaWfhM.jpg (72 KB, 433x607) Image search: [Google]
sPaWfhM.jpg
72 KB, 433x607
>>13643713
..and forgot image
>>
File: mpc-hc 2015-12-19 17-04-52-03.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2015-12-19 17-04-52-03.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>13643701
Fucking please, Kallen had her Guren key at the end of 25, it was plainly obvious she was still piloting it.

Unlike the main picture dramas which signify their position in the timeline by their number title, this OVA has no number. Those images most likely took place straight after 25, not after your headcanon show.
>>
>>13643723
>Being this desperate

You'd have to be retarded to not get that giving it a number defeats the purpose of confusing the audience as to what is going on.
Perhaps I have been giving your comprehension skills too much credit.
>>
>>13643578
Where can I read/watch a translated/subbed version of this picture drama?
>>
>>13643308

Nope. He's absent from every pic, and he was listed as among the dead in interviews later on. He survived the war only to die of his illness shortly after. Ironic since his special robot was the only one not destroyed.
>>
>arguing about whether Lelouch is alive or dead

It's inconsequential. Who cares? I'm tired of these stupid fan mysteries. It's Bladerunner all over again, where people always ask whether or not Deckard was a replicant. It wasn't the point of the movie at all.
>>
>>13643741
Oh boy, you have no points left to argue so you're just going to shitpost.

Birthday is not canon, the evidence against it is factual while the 'evidence' for it is inconsequential interpretive bullshit.
>>
>>13643804
Still haven't addressed this point >>13643713

Two Magic Ghosts. Not just Lelouch, but another character.

You can try to argue your semantics all you want for Miraculous Birthday, but you can't deny Oz's other ghost beyond a pathetic "lawl I don't count it".
And that second one torpedoes your ability to deny ghost Lelouch.
>>
File: wjwEePZ.png (642 KB, 836x1200) Image search: [Google]
wjwEePZ.png
642 KB, 836x1200
>>13643816
I am, because your hyperbole of how Euliya appeared is just a pathetic attempt at comparing her to Lelouch when they really have no similarities at all. Did she change Oldrin's memories as part of her return? Did she warp time and space by transporting Oldrin from where she would have been otherwise to the gravestone? Your headcanon Lelouch is a fucking god compared to what Euliya did. Trying to compare them is ludicrous.
>>
>>13643216
He seems to fail at following through, despite having such photos.
>>
>>13643617
It made plenty of sense to me.

Not necessarily realistic, but that's not the only way of making sense.

It's just a good ending. Not the best ever.
>>
File: 183.png (641 KB, 836x1200) Image search: [Google]
183.png
641 KB, 836x1200
>>13643840
Gonna ignore the part where she warps the space around them so that the ruined building that they were standing in fixed as if it had never been damaged?
She does this all right in front of Oldrin in the blink of an eye.
>>
>>13643701
>Casual clothes Cornelia

my heart hnggggggggg
>>
>>13643617
>Why everyone keeps clamoring that it is the best ending ever
Newfags and nostalgia. Ending was pretty balls when the outcome was obvious and they had to drag it out for three episodes to come to a conclusion everyone saw coming.
>>
Geass threads outside the general are always so shitty
>>
>>13643427

One has to question what the downside of death is when you can manifest as a ghost that's able to affect the physical world.

It's like force ghosts
>>
>>13643899
Just because something is "obvious" doesn't mean that is bad. In fact, the opposite is true, since a completely random ending coming out of nowhere at the last second would be objectively worse. What was unpredictable were the details as well as the whole "Is Lelouch dead or alive?" angle.
>>
>>13643216
This picture makes me think only one thing.
>who the fuck invited Rivalz?
>>
>>13643608
no, we already all know its true.
>>
Hah, I just remembered Code Geass had eunuchs in it. What a silly show.
>>
>>13644752
Milly, probably.
>>
>>13644758
Well, eunuchs are a pretty typical kind of bad guy in an Eastern setting. Long before Code Geass you have works like Romance of the Three Kingdom where the eunuchs are hilariously evil.
>>
>>13644752
His friends did, you asshole. Probably Karen.
Look, just because I may seem annoying doesn't mean nobody likes him. In fact, his friends love him, even if he does get on their nerves a little sometimes.
>>
File: yaaaaaaaaaaaawn.jpg (117 KB, 514x566) Image search: [Google]
yaaaaaaaaaaaawn.jpg
117 KB, 514x566
>>13644307
>One has to question what the downside of death is when you can manifest as a ghost that's able to affect the physical world.
To be fair, didn't Code Geass' source material have this too?
>>
>>13644773
Not him, but...Newtype ghosts, you mean? I suppose that counts.

Still, I would say Code Geass doesn't really involve any proper ghosts during the main show. It's really only in these side materials that they show up.

The Birthday special was too in-jokey and fourth wall-bending for me to consider it canon, so whatever.
>>
>>13644764
Real eunuchs were occasionally scheming bastards after all. They didn't have inheritance to worry about, just you know, status and money and luxury.

You don't thrust someone into that kind of political hotbed and make their life about the politics and status without them maybe going a little nuts about it and playing the game.
>>
R2's ending is still the perfect way to finish any show.

It's high up on my list of endings.

I do question on who thought Rivalz was a good name for a character.
>>
>>13643295
She's a big girl
>>
>>13644801
>Be mum
>wants to have super star child
>Names kid "Rival" so he can be the main character everyone aspires to face against
>Everyone will address him as "rival".
>>
File: 12341212135.jpg (286 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
12341212135.jpg
286 KB, 1280x720
>>13643216
Jesus Christ those curves.

all hail britannia
>>
>>13644752
You question why Rivalz is there and not Nani Mai Hunny girl?
>>
>>13644768
>I may seem annoying
Go home and be a family man, Rivalz
>>
>>13644768
Who the hell is Karen?
You mean Kallen?
>>
>>13644617
>Just because something is "obvious" doesn't mean that is bad. In fact, the opposite is true,
That's almost never the case.

See Gundam SEED Destiny
>>
>>13644801
>R2's ending is still the perfect way to finish any show.
>It's high up on my list of endings.
Found the newshit
>>
>>13645071
I remember the a lot of the old fan subs all had her named Karen. It's kinda funny seeing it, what is it 9 years later now.
>>
>>13645080
Meanie.
>>
>>13644617
That doesn't make any sense. R2's ending suffered the same problems as LOST ending where it tried to cram as much in as possible only to fall flat so they gave us an incredibly sappy ending in order to make people feel sad, its been played out mych better in other works.

Not really, any dumbfuck could see that he's dead because the ending doesn't work thematically if he's alive the people holding on to "he's alive" theories are obessed fantards.
>>
>>13644801
>I do question on who thought Rivalz was a good name for a character.
I think it's supposed to be pretend French, based on the way it's pronounced. Lelouch is better at the whole pseudo-French thing, possibly because it actually comes from the French "louche" which means shifty or shady.
>>
>>13645093
It doesn't really work, period, whether he's alive or dead. There are so many things Lelouch could have done to resolve the situation better, but he chose that.

But it's alright. The whole point of R2 seemed to be crashing the train with no survivors, and R2's ending feeds right into it
>>
>>13643713
Guess what else OZ did? Retconned character's death.
>>
>>13645172
Yes, I'm aware that Marika doesn't die now.
And Okuichi and Taniguchi ok'd it.
>>
Why were the Knights of Round such chumps?
>>
>>13645200
Because there was only 4 ep left and the staff needed them out of the way
>>
>>13645128
I think it was a really dumb ending that fit with the really dumb feel of R2. I mean, it was pretty damn good on the first watch, but they really rushed that shit.
I mean, sure, Zero saving the world from Emperor Lelouch like some TV superhero was cool, and Lelouch's guard reacting accordingly was really sweet; but then you remember Lelouch was Superhitler, not some comic book villain. Getting a bittersweet melodramatic death may have been what he was planning all along, but it's hard to say he really deserved on stab to the chest by his boyfriend and an apology to his sister.
More than that, while the Black Knights seem to have disbanded/assimilated into Japan's armed forces (maybe Britannia's?), none of them got punished? Yes, I know Lelouch's top men knew about the coup, but what about the people actually disolving the British Empire? If that was the former royal family, did Cornelia also learn about Lelouch's plans to make a villain out of himself? I have a hard time believing that Orange and his boys could just say "Well, uh, we let the Emperor get killed because we hated him" and get away with it. And on that topic, Orange ordered his men to fall back, but what about the people loyal to Lelouch? I don't mean Suzaku or Kallen or Supermaid, I mean the grunts. They must have existed, right?
>>
>>13644822
FOR YOU, you silly manlet.
>>
>>13645076
>SEED Destiny
That wasn't an obvious ending. In fact, it was the opposite given that the show's whole structure changed on Kira took over again.

Zeta and Turn A Gundam had very obvious endings for anyone who had been following the preceding episodes.
>>
>>13645093
There is more than one interpretation of the ending, most of which are different from yours, so all you're doing is expressing your disagreement. Which is fine, I guess, but pointless. Old man yells at cloud.
>>
>>13645352
Sorry, but newtype ghosts and a potato MC weren't at all what I was expecting.
>>
>>13645128
It actually works both ways. Lelouch chose an outcome that matched his personality, emotional state and beliefs. When you claim there were better solutions, you're essentially ignoring the character's own point of view.

Either way, the train actually reached a good stopping point as most people are fine with the end of R2. Let it go.
>>
>>13645182
I don't think Okuichi and Taniguchi approve every single thing that happens in a manga spin-off, just like how Tomino doesn't constantly supervise what happens in the UC.
>>
>>13645200
Because they weren't important and the newer robots needed someone to defeat.
>>
>>13645357
Newtype ghosts had been established before as well as the Zeta drawing strength from that. Emma even remarks on it. I guess the surpising part was that Kamille didn't actually die, just got temporary brain damage, but the show was already killing tons of people and a dark fate was easy to predict.
>>
>>13645239
Zero was literally portrayed as a superhero right from the start of the story, so that wasn't any change. Whether Lelouch deserved to die or not is forever open to debate. Some think he needed to die to pay for his sins while others would argue he would obviously plan to fool everyone one more time and secretly get away.

Well, who would actually punish the Black Knights? It wouldn't be politically possible. They were already publicly humilliated by Emperor Lelouch and got to enjoy being on the winning side after his death. It's like expecting someone to suddenly put Stalin and the Soviet Army on trial for war crimes right after Hitler's suicide. Orange is living in seclusion, by the way, so he doesn't need to explain anything away about his role. Only Lloyd and Cecile really might, but they can easily claim they were just doing their jobs as scientists as usual. Cornelia was also part of the resistance to Lelouch. As for regular people loyal to Lelouch, we don't have enough information, but it's likely there weren't many of them after the UFN hostage crisis. I don't think too many people, not even Suzaku or Kallen for that matter, would be willing to accept a leader who threatens them with repression and death if they dare to speak out against him. I also think most of Emperor Lelouch's soldiers were under the effects of geassing since we see him use it on whole crowds of them. If there were grunt units involved, they weren't in the key places of power. And they're probably happy that the "legitimate" Britannian government is returning rather than that of an usurper.
>>
>>13645093
They were writing and animated the last four or five episodes weeks to months in advance of the end of R2 though, so I don't think there were any sudden changes. There's been both better and worse endings, of course, but this one felt fitting. LOST's ending came out of nowhere and left me completely cold in comparison.
>>
>>13645127
There's also Claude Lelouch, who is a real person, so the surname version of the word actually exists.
>>
>>13645358
If you're going to portray a character as a genius, don't make him create a plan requiring his death when you don't have to, that's all I'm saying.

It doesn't necessarily match his beliefs either. His goal all along was to make the best world he could for his sister, and again, that world definitely involves his survival. You can even hear her screaming something to the effect of "I didn't want this" as he's dying.

His state of mind, perhaps. He was one crazy mofo.
>>
>>13645419
>If you're going to portray a character as a genius, don't make him create a plan requiring his death when you don't have to, that's all I'm saying.
He's not just a genius, he's also a crazy person with a huge tragedyboner.
"OH WOE IS ME," cries Lelouch as he constantly makes life harder for himself.
>>
>>13645361
Maybe not every little detail, but assuming that they had the same amount of involuntary in Oz as Akane said they had in Akito the Exiled, they were most probably asked if they could change Marika's fate.
>>
>>13645389
>Orange is living in seclusion, by the way, so he doesn't need to explain anything away about his role
Nigga if living in seclusion meant you didn't have to explain shit to g-men, then /pol/ wouldn't exist.
>>
>>13645419
The thing is, Lelouch isn't a perfect genius who analyzes everything with the use of logic. He reacts on impulse to lots of things and gets very emotional. Too much for his own good, I believe.

That's a matter of dispute. There is progress in the world he created, so to speak, even without him. She was heartbroken, but he also doesn't want to drag Nunnally along with him. It's about time she made her own decisions and not rely on an obsessed brother who took care of everything and thought he knew better.
>>
>>13645500
Until someone tracks and drags him out of that orange farm, I don't think he has anything to worry about.
>>
>>13643617
>best ending
>on /m/
What. Sure those arnt shitposters and newfags.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.