[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have noticed that there are various older mecha shows with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 30451.jpg (42 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
30451.jpg
42 KB, 225x350
I have noticed that there are various older mecha shows with subbed DVD releases, but their BD releases has not been subbed. As no one has done this for various shows, such as Dancougar and Mospeada (bunny_hat only subbed 1-13 blurays) and I have tons of free time, I'm willing to sub these if someone can help me to get right tools for ripping subs from DVD releases and timing them for blurays.

So guys, what are good tools for this purpose?

As I have shit internet, I would provide only subtitle files for bluray releases and not the whole package.

Pic kinda related. It had torrent with subtitles lying around at one point, but the torrent on nyaa.se, at least, is dead.

If I get hang of this shit, I'll try to time subs for all 80s-90s mecha anime with subbed DVD but only RAW BD.
>>
File: 1326776569194.jpg (15 KB, 151x252) Image search: [Google]
1326776569194.jpg
15 KB, 151x252
You gonna get ninja'd
>>
File: image.jpg (335 KB, 1295x1812) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
335 KB, 1295x1812
Layzner needs those bd subs
>>
>>13640069
I'd do those too. I already have /m/subs' DVD release and RAW BDs on my HDD.

I know here are some people like RX782 who knows about this stuff. Teach me, /m/asters.
>>
>>13640618
Demux the subs from the mkvs and put them on the bluray, easy. Assuming they match up perfectly.
>>
Serious question: If a show was on TV in the 1980s, what's the point in upgrading from DVD quality to BD? The shows weren't ever intended to be broadcast in that resolution.
I tried watching the Patlabor BDs, and honestly seeing all of the tiny little scratches on the cells got distracting.
>>
>>13640908
Don't they usually have remaster technology or something to solve those problems? I could have sworn that whenever something old gets put on BD, they do some magic to remove or at least minimize the scratches and dust and stuff.
>>
>>13638555
>right tools for ripping subs from DVD
VSrip. Dunno how to retime .idx+.sub properly. You can ocr them with Subtitle Edit for example and convert in .srt/.ass.
>>
>>13640908
Even if you don't care about the extra detail, the BD format is superior to DVD in pretty much every way. Everything from better codecs to the discs being more scratch resistant.

You can still notice scratches and hair and other flaws on DVD or even VHS if there was no clean up process in the transfer. But ideally a good remaster will fix all that like >>13640919 says.
>>
>>13640908
Check difference between RX782's Outlaw Star and DVD one and ask this question again.
>>
>>13640908
I agree. If an old show has a GOOD DVD-release I don't care about the 1080p bluray one.

Japanese DVDs were usually quite good. It was the American ones that were often shit.
>>
>>13638555
I basically already did this for Orguss. All you need is Aegisub. Spend some time reading up on how it works. If you're lucky the times are already synced with the blurays if not, just move all the lines forward or backward. This is if you're lucky, though. I wound up spending a whole year fixing grammar, font, timing and consistency. There's reasons why there are groups for this sort of thing. You have to really love a show and have a lot of free time.
>>
>>13641311
>All you need is Aegisub
Thanks! I'll do some research on it. I have too much free time at the moment and might as well put it to some use. Layzner and Mospeada definitely deserves subs for BD.
>>
>>13641341
Layzner doesn't have good soft subs for the first 8 eps so they're getting a redo at /m/subs. If you want to help, timers would be appreciated.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.