[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GHOST IN THE SHELL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: ghost-in-the-shell-5191d6aa8fc24.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ghost-in-the-shell-5191d6aa8fc24.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
How different is the TV series and the Arise version? I just got done watching the original movie and while it certainly had parts I found really interesting I didn't end up enjoying it that much.

I'm willing to give the other versions of shot if they're not just retreads.
>>
I haven't seen Arise, but Stand Alone Complex, both seasons, are really good. Different from the movie and the manga, while still using their themes and doing it's own thing.
>>
>>13615643

Each series is pretty different all things considered. Arise is a good starting point. It's a lot more compact than the TV series
>>
>>13615643
Arise is the newest 26-episode TV series, with about 5 associated movies, of which only 2 are dubbed and only 4 are subbed. It's the earliest of the GITS series chronologically, focusing on how Motoko and Aramaki formed Section 9 in a time of terrorism and espionage following WW4.

Stand Alone Complex deals Section 9 several years later, having matured into a well-oiled organization that gets involved in more domestic cybercrime in the new era of peace. There's fallout from WW4 in the second gig.

Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell 2 are the last entries in the series chronologically. Motoko becomes an AI and then comes back to dispense justice and help an expanded Section 9.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (97 KB, 1058x517) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
97 KB, 1058x517
This seems like a clusterfuck.
>>
>>13615742
>>13615759
So if I've got this right, Arise is a prequel.

>4 Movies with a 5th in development.
>A 10 episode TV anime recap series with the last 2 episodes being new content.

Could I just watch the 4 movies + the last 2 eps of the recap series then wait for the 5th movie? I can't imagine the TV anime being better than the movies in terms of production.
>>
>>13615774
No. The anime inserts new content new OP and ED for each arc, and eyecatches.
>>
>>13615759
>not in chronological order

pls no
>>
File: motokos.jpg (938 KB, 3000x1616) Image search: [Google]
motokos.jpg
938 KB, 3000x1616
>>13615774
>So if I've got this right, Arise is a prequel.

Kinda. It's its own universe just set earlier. It's not really connected to SAC or the movies.
>>
File: major batou.jpg (66 KB, 500x549) Image search: [Google]
major batou.jpg
66 KB, 500x549
Manga
95 Movie->Innocence
SAC->2nd Gig
Arise OVA->The last two eps of AA->The new movie

each series is it's own continuity.
>>
>>13615940
>>13615929
Alright. This cleared it all up. Thanks /m/.
>>
>>13615940
AA is Arise OVA, not?
>>
>>13617391
No, Alternative Architecture is the TV version.

>>13615742
Jesus Christ, man, that's just being mean to OP.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.