[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does G Gundam's second half have the best ending of any anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: g gundam ed 2.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
g gundam ed 2.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Does G Gundam's second half have the best ending of any anime?
>>
No? To be honest, it kind of sucks.
>>
It's very good but Shiki no Uta has the GOAT status.
>>
>>13614452
Can't argue with that.

>>13614451
Say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens
>>
>>13614451
Agreed. Its not very recognizable or catchy. I dunno what OP's talking about.
>>
File: get a load of this mongrel.jpg (55 KB, 446x583) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this mongrel.jpg
55 KB, 446x583
>>13614469
>it's not very recognizable or catchy
What? Are you serious? What about that opening sigh? The Jazzy variety show feel? The trumpets and the clap in the chorus? That godly bassline? The groovy beat? The way the singer says "i-chi-ba-n~?" The way it has a "everything is gonna be alright" feel?
>>
Is G Gundam the worst show in the series? Yes.
>>
I wouldn't say it's the best of any anime but it sure is one the best from Gundam.
>>
Seriously dull taste your got there, OP. Not outright shit taste, but 100% dull.
>>
>>13614446
I want G gundam to be in the next main srw game.
>>
>>13614510
Yes, it's perfectly obvious how much you like the song. But being a softer-tone song without much that's structurally significant, nor even much in the way of visuals to buoy it, it's not particularly iconic or memorable. Not every song is - FMA, for instance, had a string of wildly popular op songs, but the first one was blown out of the water by pretty much every one after it. Ready Steady Go, especially.

Compared to EDs like Eine no Amuro, Mou Ichido Tenderness, Eternal Wind, White Reflection, Aura, Tsuki no Mayu, The Human Touch, Magic, Anna ni Isshodattanoni, Life Goes On, Friends, Prototype, Trust You, etc, it just doesn't stand out.
>>
>>13614452
Not /m/, but yes.
>>
>>13614533
It is, but /m/ likes to be contrarian and say it's one of the best.
>>
>Not BURNING LOVE
>Not even Ike! Combattler V
>>
File: 1435124859692.jpg (176 KB, 782x1022) Image search: [Google]
1435124859692.jpg
176 KB, 782x1022
>>13614676
>realtards actually believe this
>>
>>13614974
G Gundam is terribly average. Enjoyable but average. If it didn't have the Gundam property attached to it it would be less popular for sure.
>>
>>13614446
best romance in entire gundam series
>>
>>13615614
good joke
>>
>>13614446
Naaaaaaaa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiLvYRjrKT4
>>
>>13615738
nice argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions
>>
>>13614446
That is a weird way to spell Macross 7.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPY5efwd2MY
>>
>>13614446
This might be my favorite Gundam ED even though I didn't like G Gundam all that much.
Good tastes, OP.
>>
>>13614446
That would be Tsuki no Mayu.
>>
>>13614533
that's not zeta
>>
>>13614452
>but Shiki no Uta has the GOAT status.
>mfw not even /m/ knows about the absolute GOAT anime ED, even though it's from an /m/ show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnrwEJn0k30
GYPSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
Zambot's was great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOINg76dIA
>>
>>13616687
That's good shit
>>
>>13614446
>repeating loop of a single image
No, not at all.
Even if you said best ending song you'd still be wrong; it's boring and bland.
>>
>>13617438
>Even if you said best ending song you'd still be wrong; it's boring and bland.
>boring and bland
It's upbeat and has a big sound to it
>>
I finished watching G Gundam less than a week ago, having watched it over like half a year, and I can't even remember the second ED.

It was really forgettable.
>>
File: 17069752.jpg (70 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
17069752.jpg
70 KB, 424x600
>>13617606
Most of the praise is likely from nostalgia or the gimmick of a kung fu gundam show is entertaining enough to think of it fondly when the show is shallow

Most of the individual episodes unrelated to the Devil Gundam do not stand out
In accordance with the above, the Shuffle Alliance are just boring flat characters since when their episodes where they don't act as Domon's cheerleader are tasteless like the rest of the show. Off the top of my head the only one that is good is Chibodee in the Finals getting over his fear of clowns with the help of his girls. His intro episode was also good with New York being filthy and decrepit with him as the hero of its downtrodden, so it's Chibodee is the only good shuffle when I think about it
Only the pilot and Master Asia episodes go into depth about how the Earth is being destroyed as a battleground for the Gundam fights while the standalones are just problems of the week with zero consideration for how the Gundam fight affects the Earth and its people. It just makes Master Asia look like an idiot.
Also cliche ridden. Not good
>>
>>13617711
I was only talking about the ED.

The show was legitimately good, and had a huge amount of entertaining moments. If you treat it seriously like your post implies you were judging it, yes, it's shit, but it works great as a dumb cheesy ride to watch with a friend or two.
>>
File: 44040.jpg (151 KB, 856x908) Image search: [Google]
44040.jpg
151 KB, 856x908
>>13617728
>take no fiction seriously as a narrative if they have silly concepts and forgive them for any faults just because the concept is goofy on paper
Disliking this meme
The wuxia on which parts of it is based is also schlocky and cheesy conceptually, but when you watch it you're supposed to get sucked in and take in the narrative seriously
>>
>>13617751
So, pretty much like watching your average less sillier Super Sentai series. The Shuffle Alliance is even practically a Sentai group already, since they're JAKQ and Battle Fever combined thematically.
>>
>>13617751
It is completely possible for it to carry a separate tone from it's inspiration. I think it's kind of hard to take any show with shit like fucking mermaid or holland gundam seriously, I mean common.
>>
File: 7generals.jpg (145 KB, 1749x720) Image search: [Google]
7generals.jpg
145 KB, 1749x720
>>13614446
Shin Mazinger's ending was better.

Not even kidding.
>>
File: 1408715868074.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
1408715868074.webm
3 MB, 720x400
>>13617728
>If you treat it seriously
Oh god you're an idiot.

You're supposed to treat it seriously.That's how the show was written.

It's a wuxia. A chinese drama. Chink dramas are silly as fuck, but if you don't take them seriously, then there's no fucking point in watching them.

HOW ABOUT A PERFECT FAMOUS EXAMPLE?

ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS. WEBM RELATED. Here's a silly moment. However, that silly moment was meant to be taken seriously.

The problem here is that western cinema doesn't understand this. They don't understand that you can use silliness to emphasize on the point you're making.

In the webm, you can see Liu Bei dropping the baby. It's silly, because who the fuck ever drops the baby? On the other hand, the point was to show that Liu Bei cared a lot more about his generals for their loyalty rather than someone for simply being related to him. If he didn't drop the baby, but instead just said it, then the point he would be making wouldn't be a strong.
>>
fuck no
>>
>>13617934
This. It's very obvious that G Gundam takes itself seriously, and expects you to do the same.
>>
>>13617934
>They don't understand that you can use silliness to emphasize on the point you're making.
They do though. It's called melodrama.

It's just that every artform worth a shit has long since evolved past needing to rely on melodrama.
>>
>>13614446
I wouldn't consider it anywhere near best status though I like it.
>>
>>13614446
Not even the best Gundam ED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_CIMjGfEaU
>>
>>13617934
What about the part where Cao Cao murders his cousin because he thinks they're trying to kill him, but they were just hunting?
>>
>>13618006
>It's just that every artform worth a shit has long since evolved past needing to rely on melodrama.
laughingshakespeare.gif
>>
>>13618274
>five hundred years ago

And yes, theater relies on melodrama because it's got no way to do any sort of actually serious drama.
>>
>>13618274
That's not to say melodrama isn't widely used, because it's just a cheap easy way for feels. When that frilly romance is crusing along just fine, then suddenly with 10 minutes left the hunky male lead's daughter steals a ring and the female lead gets blamed and LOVE IS OVER, only to immediately resolve it in time to end on a lovey-dovey reconciliation? When they could have just not done that and ended with him proposing or something? Yeeeah.
>>
Reconguista in G ED>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all
>>
>>13618298
>comparing Shakespeare to modern cinema
Sasuga, /lit/
>>
>>13619408
Contrasting, not comparing.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.