[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Special Rescue Police Winspector 31
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: Gigastreamer.png (575 KB, 714x541) Image search: [Google]
Gigastreamer.png
575 KB, 714x541
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=764754

Engrish Edition

Bikel and Walter have a third brother: Brian, a peacekeeping robot commissioned by the FBI. But when Brian returns for yearly maintenance, Dr. Asahina, creator of the Winspector Support Droids discovers that he has been heavily upgraded with high performance weapons and near invulnerable armor. But in their attempts to create the ultimate law enforcement robot, the upgrades by the Americans also expose Brian's greatest flaw. Now it's a race against time to stop Brian... but nothing Winspector has can even scratch him. Only a new, untested prototype weapon stands a chance... but will it be ready in time? And can Ryoma even use such a dangerous device?

Notes:
This episode is an Upgrade Episode, and it is fantastically done. This episode, of course, came out after Robocop, so there's a bit of a reference, and a bit of social commentary on the American police style as opposed to the Japanese style.

Brian's helmet appears to be a combination of a Flashman and a Spielban helmet, repainted.

There's some allusion to Frankenstein in this episode, and Hirosaki's mental illness is actually very convincingly portrayed as a father who saw something terrible happen and just lost it. So many good cinematography choices and use of camera angles: watch the fights with Brian, it'll impress you for a film camera show.

Also... this is just the first part of a two-parter.

I also double-subtitled Brian's Engrish in the beginning. I have what he says, and then what the subtitles are trying to say. Enjoy, this episode rocks.
>>
>>13609365
I've been waiting for this one ever since you started subbing.
>>
>>13609429
Out of all the episodes in the series, this one and the next one are two of the very best, and there's also an upcoming episode about Bikel that is just awesome.
>>
>>13609655
Considering who wrote those two, that's an impressive feat.
>Bikel
Oh boy! Hopefully this one is a little happier.
>>
File: Cat guy - thanks.jpg (89 KB, 700x492) Image search: [Google]
Cat guy - thanks.jpg
89 KB, 700x492
>>
Can't let this die.
>>
I like so much this series. The armors, the white Camaro were fantastic. I remember that this series was the first part of a trilogy.
>>
Just started to watch through this, damn is it awesome. Thanks for subbing it
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-13-03h09m58s88.png (493 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-13-03h09m58s88.png
493 KB, 720x544
As a complete novice who is just now discovering the world of Tokusatsu, I had never head of this show before this thread.
So I downloaded this episode just to check what it was (and because that's one sweet gun in OP's pic), and holy shit, this is beautiful.
>>
>>13619460
Welcome to our little cult, anon
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-13-04h15m37s32.png (688 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-13-04h15m37s32.png
688 KB, 720x544
>>13620044
I'm also downloading Juspion now. I have so much catching up to do.

It's kinda bittersweet, in a way: I would have fucking loved these shows so much as a kid, that I'm a bit sad that I never got to see anything this awesome back then. Oh well.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-13-06h17m23s159.png (419 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-13-06h17m23s159.png
419 KB, 720x544
Bichael is the best name for a robot I've ever heard. I want to have kids now, just so I can name them Bichael and Walter.
>>
>>13609365
>equipping that gatling laser

absolutely awesome.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.