[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to this project, was there ever a public release
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 42
File: yctx5.png (28 KB, 400x118) Image search: [Google]
yctx5.png
28 KB, 400x118
What happened to this project, was there ever a public release of sorts? Has anyone else picked up the mantle? or is it TRULY dead
don't bring up the xwing debacle
>>
>>13607221
I want it to happen so bad. Fuck
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jBI0BFCjTU
Found a video on Mechamon, it looked like it had a 'fair' amount of work put into it. what exactly happened? the person making this had some pretty good ideas/concepts to make this feel more /m/. but his admittance to lack of mecha knowledge is what probably what did it in.
>>
>>13607237
It was a half-assed FireRed romhack.
>>
It died years ago. Honestly the last time I thought this project had hope 00's movie was still new. I'm surprised you remember it to be perfectly honest..
>>
File: Logo.png (14 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Logo.png
14 KB, 240x160
This died because anyone who picks up this horrid abomination, that Great Mazinger started ends up being just like him. A big retarded self bloated monster.

to my knowledge the second person to pick up the project was CrashmanX, and if it was in this man's hands alone it could've stood a chance of a basic demo, at least that, maybe.

But a foolish namefag wielding a tripcode stepped forth to oppose help CrashmanX. his name was Ultraxwing, his intentions, at first were pure he wanted to help CrashmanX along with Mechamon, he had a fair bit of knowledge in this field apparantly (he's got quite a reputation of a forum in the Brawl modding scene.) and offered his help. The first month or so, if i remember correctly was smooth sailing, he then made a video, which was just posted, and everything seemed fine. but the major problem is that it looked like Ultraxwing took over the whole process.

Then came the dark times, when he keep making threads about his progress, and make himself look like a holy super god. But it wasn't Mechamon that got it cancelled, it was Ultraxwing and Mootykins. Mootykins, you see was probably a real user for the first attack on the Xwing. I think mootykins was Clawshrimpy originally The whole thing started is because Xwing called out on shrimpy's shit, and a magical whiteknight of shrimpy appeared and harrassed him nonstop. Well that went on for a while, to the point where Xwing was hacked and had a lot of his data/personal life messed with, and Xwing disappeared for a month. I don't believe the hacked part, and due to his past record he always has a magical excuse to getting out of long term projects. I only know this because if you look his name on Google you'll find his shit everywhere, he's like the Chris Chan of /m/.

Cont.
>>
>>13607309

He came back like once or twice, and this one thread he was caught samefagging with fake memes and was banned after that. So I think Mootykins was real, but for maybe one thread. he probably did this whole sing and dance with himself so he wouldn't have to do the project anymore.

And i'm not sure if anyone is going to pick this rotten piece of shit up. It started out as an innocent project, and was later twisted and corrupted by some sperg spouting retard who found out, "Hey! if this mootykins keeps 'attacking' me, i'll get sympothy and infinite support!" So, yeah maybe after one or two things, he used that stupid name, and went on with his retarded schizophrenic act.

See Ultraxwing was utter shit, his last farewell thing was about him hating giant robots and growing up or some nonsense, i kind of blocked his username/tripcode after the samefagging incident.

The lesson here, is that Tripcode users are utter shit and ruin everything good.
>>
>>13607327
>Tripcode users are utter shit and ruin everything good.
Objection: MS Paint Guy.
>>
File: Are you Serious.jpg (198 KB, 1078x1348) Image search: [Google]
Are you Serious.jpg
198 KB, 1078x1348
>>13607340
stop complimenting your self.
>>
>>13607309
>>13607327
That's quite a long post. But this could've ended simply with "Ultraxwing is the problem." and like that the whole story is said, no one cares about the exact details. just say who the problem is, and move along.
>>
>>13607309
I remember working on the second iteration of it with Crashman and xwing. I mainly just went through the older games to get sprites for people to properly rip right. It was really peaceful for a while but things just kind of fell apart. It's kind of sad really, I had a lot of fun digging through the archives for potential stuff of the /m/ originals and theorycrafting types and moves.

I won't say my actual name cause this thread has shown that trips and identities in things like this are a bad thing. I was just a stooge anyway, chances are no one will remember anything from back and, and from how bad things got later, maybe that's for the best.
>>
>>13607447
I worked on shit at one point too, but I haven't heard ANYTHING since the last time it cropped up... what, February 2014 or so? So I moved on to other projects.
>>
>>13607447
Were you Aznable or Notm
>>
>>13607447
>>13607450
we could all agree that Ultraxwing is at fault here. he literally killed the project
>>
>>13607451
Neither, actually, but they were both pretty cool guys too. I know NotM was pretty apprecaited for a time after the project blew over but I never heard from Aznable after it ended.

>>13607456
I'll be honest, I only really got the backdraft of it. I didn't really get the whole story afterwards for at least a few months. I just kept doing what I was doing and then communication on the forum just kinda...stopped.
>>
>>13607456
Oh, definitely. I actually offered to help him at one point in an attempt to salvage SOMETHING from the project, at least to get a base for something better to be made. Guy laughed it off. Asshole.
>>
>>13607461
Wait, you did? damn what a cock gobbling faggot. but where did you find him? last i looked him up, any and all the places he was either gone, or i'm wasn't sure it was him.
>>
>>13607463
It was a WHILE ago, man, like two years back. Fucker's a ghost now.
>>
What if I said a certain faggot is working on this in secret and doing it in a different way than a rom hack because it's both easier and allows more freedom than a rom hack, but that certain faggot hasn't actually worked on it in about a month because he can only work on it effectively if he gets several hours of peaceful alone time to do it but that certain faggot can't unfuck his sleep cycle to take advantage of those quiet morning hours because he's a lazy ass faggot and he's also currently lacking inspiration for maps because faggots need to be "inspired" to do shit?

Because that guy's a faggot.
>>
>>13607463
I found him INSTANTLY, he's on steam, just look up Ultraxwing or DonDon~Chan.

>>13607474
>Fucker's a ghost now.
That's all for the better, he was the worsed this board had to ever offer.

>>13607475
We can say Ultraxwing right? and why would anyone be his personal friend, or even keep up with what he does, does he have a blog i'm unaware of? Because if he's working on this project in secret and in a different manner than a romhack, then it has to be RPG Maker, because at this moment Ultraxwing is on that shit right now.
>>
>>13607481
>We can say Ultraxwing right?
Not at all. Completely different faggot.

>RPG maker
You got it right. But not because of Ultraxwing.

I really do need to stop being a useless fucker and get back on this shit though, if I ever wanna see so much as a demo see the light of day.
>>
>>13607487
Protip: If trying to make a Pokémon fan game and unable to think up good maps, very few people will really begrudge you if you just use the same basic maps as in canon.

As long as it's not Johto as presented in Gen 2. People might have issue with that, since Johto has horrible region design and its original presentation hypercompressed that.
>>
So yea... basically I've had all the resources to this for like... ever. I've also been talking with others about doing this as an RPG Maker title rather than straight Rom Hack because the GBA ROMs are a little too limited for our tastes and it's just easier.

I'd love to do it on MV but the resources for Pokemon don't quite exist on there yet. Though it'd give me reason to learn Javascript.

>>13607487
>>13607475
Well now I'm curious as to whom else could be working on it. Unless you're talking about Ultra, in which case he and I have collaborated about ideas. Though nothing is set in stone right now, just throwing ideas around.

>>13607489
Noted. Especially since map design is my weak point.
>>
>>13607490
>Unless you're talking about Ultra, in which case he and I have collaborated about ideas.
You still talk to this person!? Is he still a retarded sperg spewing retard? Why would you collaborate with the one guy who killed the project. Just so he can kill it again!? you're a good tripfag, not a bad one. Unfriend him, disband him, and be done with it.
>>
>>13607490
I've completely forgotten, but weren't you working on some other project as well?

A translation or something?
>>
>>13607500
He's not the only one guy that killed it. Combinations of the drama here, my own lack of drive, as well as things happening IRL is what killed it the first time for me. So now that I have more time and can work on this I'm going to see what can be done.

Right now Ultra is looking into using VX Ace and I'm looking into XP. I don't know anything of the Pokemon tools for either so we're doing some research before we even decide to actually start on something concrete. If we ever do.

>>13607503
Yes. The SD Gundam G Generation Overworld translation. Right now the majority of the translators are busy with Holidays and school so they're on break. However a good majority of the game has been translated and gone over by our editor. Once they've given it their final pass we'll work on implementing all the translated levels into the game. As it stands about 80% of the menus are fully translated. Though some of them aren't perfect due to space constraints.
>>
>>13607510
Oh cool, nice that it's still going, I've seen A LOT of translation efforts stall indefinitely or fall through due to how long they can take.
>>
>>13607510
Well it makes sense for someone like yourself to be busy with things, But someone like Ultra, it's not worth the risk, i mean, look at this new name and his gaming habits, just look at his online history, he's the Chrischan of /m/, it's just bad for things, especially you, i'm afraid he will taint you. in a bad way. I'd just cut out loose ends before things get too bad, i don't want you to become what he is, you become who you hangout with.
>>
>>13607524
Time will tell how things play out. Though I can promise you there will be no tainting.

As far as cutting out loose ends, like I said, the kid at least has drive. Which will at least keep me going if he keeps doing stuff.
>>
>>13607281
M8

There was a project for it here like a year or two ago
>>
File: because I can.png (32 KB, 515x383) Image search: [Google]
because I can.png
32 KB, 515x383
Faggot here.
Working by myself in RPG Maker XP, and the Pokemon Essentials resource pack. (The latter of which apparently had an update a few days ago. Now to see if I can work it in without breaking the shit out of everything.)

Here's what I've done so far:
>52 Mechamon inserted into the game so far
>249 moves defined
>16 type with their strengths and weaknesses
>walking/running sprites and front/back battle scene sprites for the boy and girl player characters
>All three forms for Getter Robo and its evolutions, each with their own types, base stats, and move learn sets. Getter can be transformed with a key item called Changestone.
>Godannar can combine with Neo Okusaer or Go Okusaer to activate its twin drive mode. This is based on Kyurem's ability to combine with Reshiram or Zekrom. I plan to modify the same code for a few other combining mechamon, such as Dancouga combining with Black Wing.
>the main four Pokeball types replaced with Haros
>a few other tiny little things like a couple of maps

Things that still need to be done:
>everything else
>>
>>13607756
May the Golden King smile upon your endeavors, /m/an. Keep it up.
>>
>>13607756
Interesting, I would have figured fitting larger sprites into the game would be an issue.
>>
>>13607765
Unlike rom hacking, RPG Maker doesn't have any significant sprite size limit, which is one of the things that drew me to do thing. Back when Crashman was working on his rom hack he kept having to resize and crop sprites that were just a little too big. There was also the issue of some of the GBA SRW sprites having one more color in their pallet than the GBA Pokemon games could handle for some reason.

Hey, do you guys like Aestivalis?
Cause it comes in every flavor you could possibly want.
>>
>>13607778
I wouldn't mind any aestis, as long as the Lunar Frames are not included. I'd settle for a shiny aesti any day tho
>>
>>13607379
That is asinine logic. Giving the whole story is better than just placing blame on someone. The people who want to know weren't there and so can better judge for themselves from a story than j
ust blindly following whomever you blame
>>
>>13607786
>as long as the Lunar Frames are not included.
To bad, so sad. Base Aestivalis (the ground frame) can evolve into zero g, artillery, flight, lunar frame, X-Aestivalis, and Black Selena.
I'm planning on doing the same kind of thing with Strike, Impulse, that Liger from Zoids Genesis, and maybe Gaiking.

Don't worry though, I won't make them all only one available per game like Eevee.
>>
>>13607798
>X-Aesti
And just when I already forgot about that abomination.
Either way, keep up the good work.
Also, I prefer the Liger Zero myself.
>>
>>13607809
>Also, I prefer the Liger Zero myself.
Me too, but no sprites because the only time it was in SRW was OE.
>>
>>13607816
>because the only time it was in SRW was OE
No wait, that was Shield Liger that was DLC.
Sage for forgetfulness.
>>
File: 1445985926174.jpg (50 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1445985926174.jpg
50 KB, 500x357
>>13607756
That's awesome! I'd jump at the opportunity to help, but I'm a hopeless moron when it comes to making games. If there's any recommendation I can give you, it's to try avoiding overuse of steel-types and maybe try going a little more creative with type combinations. Steel-type should be reserved to Mechamons that are much more resilient than the rest, like a Sandrock.

Wait, what if you turned mecha pilots into equippable items, like a Char who increases your speed or a Shinji that guarantees the success of fleeing from battles? Fuck, I'm just happy somebody's willing to sustain a project like this. I'll stop being an ideas guy now, do what you think is best.
>>
>>13607835
>mechamons can hold pilots as items
>tfw Gym Ghingham becomes mechamon's soothe bell
>>
File: type chart version this one.png (26 KB, 379x387) Image search: [Google]
type chart version this one.png
26 KB, 379x387
>>13607835
Actually, I'm doing custom types based loosely on those of the last failed Mechamon project. Here's a match up chart. Left is attack type, top is receiving type's damage. I might tweak these based on everyone's suggestions and my own discretion.

Dunno about the pilot thing, that might be a bit too meta, with humans commanding the mechamon who are presumably smaller than them. Maybe dolls of the pilot? Items that they're known for wearing/carrying? (Shinji's DAT player, Char's mask, ect.)
>>
>>13607901
>Magic
And I am reminded that Rayearth has never been in SRW. This makes me sad.
Welp, at least there's Escaflowne for that mechamon type.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (6 KB, 58x66) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
6 KB, 58x66
>>13607908
If anybody out there is interested in in making/editing sprites for Rayearth or any other robot that hasn't appeared in SRW, I'll be glad to add them.

I can sort of do some sprite editing myself. Here's a Ground Gundam sprite I edited from Ez-8 since Ground Gundam doesn't appear in SRWA for some dumb reason. I think I still need to bring down the saturation a little.
Unfortunately, I can't spend a lot of time on these myself or I'll never get anything else done.

By the way, does anybody know if Acguy or Z'gok or and of the other Zeon amphibious mobile suits appear in any of the SNES games? Aquatic is one of the types I'm worried will be understaffed.
>>
>>13607901
I was thinking of tiny dolls as well, like the ones you'd find in gunplas. By the way, what would the Warp and Pierce types entail if they were to be a Mechamon's type? I can only imagine them as attack types, but dunno.

I wonder if Evas would be Bio/Psycho or Bio/Magic...
>>
>>13607929
Warp includes stuff like Granzon and Zeorymer, and attacks like fold cannons, black hole canon, and basically anything to do with time/space/dimensions. Pierce includes things like drills, rapiers, and stakes.

As for the Evas, I was considering have them be Bio, each with a different second type, and having them be the legendary trio.
>>
>>13607926
Bloody sweet looking edit. Also I think the aquatic MS don't make any appearance in the SNES games, but I need someone more versed in the older SRW's to confirm this.
>>
>>13607934
I see. I actually figured that pierce-type moves would be like that, but what I was wondering was how you'd give an actual Mechamon that type rather than just a move. Unless it's from something like TTGL, that is. Where would you put space-based mechas, if those are planned to be in the game, aerial-types?
>>
>>13607995
There's also stuff like Getter 2 and it's evolutions, Gundam Rose, and Fei Yen for pierce, among others. In general, types will be determined by a mech's primary/signature weapons/attacks.

No type for space based mechs, since most mechs can into space anyway, and mechs specially made/adapated for space like the GP-01fp and 0G Frame Aestivalis will have high speed stats and probably some evasion raising moves.
>>
File: acguy.png (10 KB, 400x450) Image search: [Google]
acguy.png
10 KB, 400x450
>>13607926
From SD Gundam: Operation U.C. on wonderswan
>>
File: zgok.png (11 KB, 400x435) Image search: [Google]
zgok.png
11 KB, 400x435
>>13607926
>>13608006
From the same game.
>>
>>13608006
This just further confirms that acguy is love.
>>
File: Radam Pikachu.png (19 KB, 513x389) Image search: [Google]
Radam Pikachu.png
19 KB, 513x389
Updating Pokemon essentials has cause this goofy shit to happen. I think I'm almost done sorting that out though.

I'm gonna reskin the menus and such to look more sci-fi/SRW like, but that's not a priority at the moment.

>>13608006
>>13608009
These should work well, thanks based anon.
>>
>>13608019
>Radam Pikachu
Why
In the name of Master Omega why
>>
>>13608030
I feel like I should make a random NPC trainer have a Radam named Pikachu now.
>>
>>13608050
Better yet, make it Youngster Joey.
>Remember my super-cool Pikachu? My Pikachu is different from regular Pikachu. It’s like my Pikachu is in the top percentage of Pikachu.
>He suddenly throws a radam beast at you
>>
>>13607451
>Notm
Oh, that was the name I used, tried to remember it for the longest time.
I remember Crash said something along the lines of "I'll post an update when I post an update" of sorts and at that point I just wandered into the boards like once per month, it seems I missed out on some drama.
>>
>>13607819
>that was Shield Liger that was DLC.

No, Shield Liger was in the main game. Zoids NCZ was DLC, but they didn't have Liger Zero because fuck you that's why.
>>
>>13607756
Well god damn son. That's awesome. You wouldn't be willing to work as a team would you? No reason for us to work as separate teams if we're trying to achieve the same goal.
That's some impressive work so far. You think about releasing a Demo maybe?

>>13607778
That's actually a large part of why I was looking into RPG Maker. Trying to re-work all the sprites just became tedious and obnoxious. Especially for units like you've got pictured there (Kaiser and Shin-Getter) where they're HUGE and shrinking them down isn't exactly pretty.

>>13607835
>a Shinji that guarantees the success of fleeing from battles?

I laughed way too hard at this.

>>13607901
That's quite similar to the one I've got pulled up right now. Though I like the minor changes.

I think you've well convinced me that RPG Maker XP is the way to go though. Looking at your pictures it makes me hopeful for this game yet. Though I would like to update the UI and make it less pixely. Maybe just re-master it using Photoshop to smooth out the edges and font.
>>
>>13609322
>A Wild Potential Co-Developer appears
There is hope left in man
>>
File: 1438822043227.jpg (185 KB, 680x524) Image search: [Google]
1438822043227.jpg
185 KB, 680x524
>>13609084
>they didn't have Liger Zero because fuck you that's why

Zoids Saga was already a thing.

Although...I wonder if anyone's tried ripping stuff from ZS and putting into a fanmade retro D-esque SRW.
>>
>>13607756
How exactly do you plan on balancing Getter being able to freely swap between three different forms?
>>
>>13609800
You just make it doable out of battle only and lock the moves to each particular form.
>>
>>13607756
Cool, do you have a site or something. I need updates.
>>
>>13609800
That's the question of the day now isn't it.

Personally my best guess is having a permanent attack that functions as the "form" button. Thus you get your option of multiple forms and you have a penalty for being such a useful function. Also like below mentioned, having the moves locked to each form.

Alternatively like >>13609837 suggested, out of battle only and lock the moves to each form. So that when it "evolves" it really just changes units.
>>
>>13610009
>Personally my best guess is having a permanent attack that functions as the "form" button.
I can probably add a move that lets it transform mid battle.

> Also like below mentioned, having the moves locked to each form.
This is the main problem. Right now I have a different move learning pool for each form, but that has the issue that it retains whatever moves it currently knows when it transforms, leading to Getter 2 knowing Getter Tomahawk, etc. What I'd like to do is replace moves with equivalent moves when the form changes (tomahawk becomes drill and so forth.) But that's a level of scripting I'm currently not able to do. I really need to get around to actually learning RGSS instead of just tinkering with the script code that's already there.

>>13609847
Not yet. I might make a forum or something when I feel I need to, but for the moment I'll just post here on /m/.
>>
The Pokemon Essentials update gave me the best move for EVA-01 it possibly could have.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Celebrate_(move)
>>
>>13610611
Could always use the old forums if you wanted. I still have the link to em and I've still got admin control.

>Right now I have a different move learning pool for each form, but that has the issue that it retains whatever moves it currently knows when it transforms, leading to Getter 2 knowing Getter Tomahawk, etc.

Personally I'd make a clone of the "form" function and make it swap out the actor outright with a different one. Make it carry over the EVs and IVs but the base stats change as well as the moves.

Though I'm not sure how you'd go about it learning different moves that way for each form though.
>>
>>13607327
mootykins was a fucking asshole who purposely derailed threads with trip drama.
XWing was a faggot, but his opinions weren't all that different from your average /m/ annon. I doubt he actually put any work into Mechamon after that Youtube video, but the mootkins backlash was completely out of left field.
>>
>>13610893
What if i told you that the Mootykins drama is what killed Mechamon, and it wasn't Ultraxwing directly. Mootykins attacked Xwing after Xwing attacked Shrimpy. So, Mootykins decided to attack the mechamon update threads. I liked those threads, you saw the love and dedication that Xwing was putting into it, he was really enthusiastic, you can just tell in his posts. But Mootykins happened, and when mootykins happened, it changed Xwing, he was energetic and took honest advice. Then after that whole trip drama, he became an asshole, and in one thread he attributed his stuff to Alcohol, so if any and all same fagging, it was probably under the influence. Doesn't excuse his faggotry, but he was, at one point a good Tripfag. He was just changed and altered by an evil presence.
>>
>>13610893
>I doubt he actually put any work into Mechamon after that Youtube video

Actually he put a decent amount of work into it.

>>13610942
>What if i told you that the Mootykins drama is what killed Mechamon

What I told you that wasn't the case and that drama in-fact played little in the 2nd death of Mechamon?

Honestly, y'all should just drop the trip drama and stop even acknowledging it.The biggest killer of Mechamon was too many things stopping us (mainly limitations of the ROM hack option) as well as IRL and motivation killing it.

>>13610677
That's amazing.

Out of curiosity, anyone have any experience with Pokemon Essentials on Windows 10? I keep running into "NameError" with both the Editor and Game and I'm not sure if this is due to Windows 10 or another factor.
>>
>>13613032
>Actually he put a decent amount of work into it.
So Ultra isn't as bad as everyone says he is. he comes off annoying as all shit, but he actually put work into it. i'm going to take your word for it and reconsider Xwing. He's still an asshole, but if you trust him, well i'm going to trust him via proxy but not too much, cause i think he's give an inch, take a mile kind of guy. and if ultra is reading this, don't make a post. don't use your name, just.. don't.

>Rom hacking limitations
Fucking this, the only good thing about that would probably be mounting on a PSP on the go or some shit. i'd rather be playing on my computer screen and see all the pixelated goodness up close.
>>
First time I've heard of this project. Sounds neat. Hope it'll possible to do a mook/grunt mech run. Like see if I can go through the entire game with a team of six Leos without exploding once.
>>
>>13607901
>Stealth

Other than the various Deathscythes and Blitz I can't think of any mechs that could fit that. But my knowledge of /m/ stuff beyond Gundam is rather limited.
>>
>>13614548
Just as an example off the top of my head, almost anything with a ninja motif can fit it too.
>>
>>13614559
So Tobikage gets its' own element?
>>
File: 1376077549832.jpg (730 KB, 632x840) Image search: [Google]
1376077549832.jpg
730 KB, 632x840
>Everyone's forgotten about my shot at this that lasted all of a month

Oh thank god
>>
So would Toku mechs be in this as well? Can't imagine the kind of trouble it'd be trying to get GokaiOh and all its forms into the game. I can't even imagine what type they'd all be.
>>
>>13607221
>What I expected: Pokemon ZOIDs
>What I got. Just mecha instead of pokemon.
>>
File: mechamon.png (98 KB, 1456x776) Image search: [Google]
mechamon.png
98 KB, 1456x776
Also to the guy working on this new version, I still have all the old resources and whatnot from like two years ago, mainly just SRW spriterips and a few custom trainers. Should I throw them onto Mediafire or are you good?
>>
File: VMAX is OP pls nerf.png (8 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
VMAX is OP pls nerf.png
8 KB, 240x160
>>13614613
It's probably best to leave this to animated stuff for now. I was hoping to replace the Biker and Pokemon Ranger classes with Riders and Rangers respectively, but wasn't going to go much farther than that.
>>
>>13614613
I can say that Toku was intended to be put into Mechamon at one point, but as a villain angle, but quickly removed. The Toku mecha would be difficult to include, but it isn't without reason.
isn't there that Toku rpg maker project?

>>13614636
If you could shoot up a Mediafire link that'd be great
i'm someone who is working on the project with CrashmanX, i kinda need those files, i'm having a hard time finding them on the old Zetaboard.
>>
Assuming breeding would be implemented. Would the daycare be replaced with a hanger or manufacturing plant? I can't even imagine how that would world. I mean could you breed a GM and a Guncannon to get a GM Cannon? Would switching out the GM for a GM II result in a Guncannon II?
>>
File: Char + Roy.png (3 KB, 128x64) Image search: [Google]
Char + Roy.png
3 KB, 128x64
>>13614662
Cool, just gimme a bit to organize everything.
>>
>>13614685
Well some ideas were shot around, you don't "breed" mecha, you build them. Some you capture, others when destroyed, drop parts. you use those parts to make certain mecha. there is also this idea about a 'gattai station' where if a combiner mech is necessary, you take the two mechs required and you take them to the gattai station and you fuse them.

>>13614690
Thanks man, you're a true hero. it'll make my life a lot easier.
>>
>>13614693
Well I was just using the term breed because that's what it's called in Pokemon and I had no idea what the replacement term for the function would be in this.
>>
>>13614700
Ah, i can see your confusion. this will include some odd/unique/gimicky ways of acquiring Mechamon. some may require a long ass side quest. others require you to just capture. and some require you to build them.

a side note, when you build mechamon, they will always be an "ace" variant. (Shiny) it's ace variant because you built it, it's custom that sort of thing. like you can capture a MS-06s, and it'll be that, but if you build one, it'll be the Ms-06s Char Custom. it's stats will be slightly better with a sexier paint job.
>>
>>13614548
If there are Braves in the game, there are a number of ninja-like mechs from that franchise who would fit.
>>
>>13614706
I guess by the "breeding" thing with the GMs and Guncannons. I guess I was thinking you could leave an example of both at a hanger or something. And after a certain amount of time you can return and the old man will say something like.

>After studying the designs of both we found a way to combine them. Since you supplied both designs you get the very first one for free, we can make more with the blueprints we designed.

And from then on if you want another of whatever they made you have to pay money or something.
>>
>>13614583
And stuff like Volfogg
>>
>>13614790
Yeah, along those lines. "researching" willl not be implimented for a wee bit. i hope me and crashman can get a playable demo up and running, i just need sprites.
>>
File: Mechamon BurningRed.png (5 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Mechamon BurningRed.png
5 KB, 240x160
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ik2xosqfCDVk9iVDk0b2VoOHc/view?usp=sharing

Here's everything I could scrounge up. Pretty much one big folder of sprite rips.

Also included the screencaps Crashman and I took from our versions while testing things, his were more mechanical while mine were frustrations from having to deal with data values and GBA rom limitations

>>13614548
Back in my iteration Stealth narrowed down to any mech with cloaking or electronic warfare (Not to be confused with the actual electric type), so you had stuff like the Arbalest, Dragonar-3, and YF-21 as Stealth.
>>
File: puppets.png (98 KB, 952x713) Image search: [Google]
puppets.png
98 KB, 952x713
Also you guys should check out Touhou Puppet Dance Performance, instead of EVs there's a SRW-style stat enhancing system where you spend PP you get from defeating foes. PP's also used for learning moves and changing abilities on the fly.
>>
>>13614798
You could try contacting the guy who does spriting for the KR fangame.
>>
>>13614613
>So would Toku mechs be in this as well?
Please god no.
I'm a toku fag but I don't want my karate bugmen mixed up in a title called MECHAmon.
Some sentai mechs or Leopardon sure, but I doubt there's even a good resource of sprites that would work as pokemon-ish characters.
>>
>>13614995
Anon, he's talking exactly about sentai robots and such. No karate bugman was mentioned.
>>
>>13614895
sauce?
>>
>>13615021
Super Mario 64.
>>
>>13614995
I was just talking about the giant robots and nothing else.
>>
>>13614995
He clearly said Toku *mechs*, Anon.
>>
File: mech.png (54 KB, 212x491) Image search: [Google]
mech.png
54 KB, 212x491
>>13614995
>I doubt there's even a good resource of sprites that would work as pokemon-ish characters
There are sprite rips of some sentai mechs that would work as pokemon-ish characters. So if they're ever decided to be in the game there could be some.

>>13614662
>isn't there that Toku rpg maker project?
There's one for Kamen Rider, but I think not for toku in general.

>>13614798
If you need existing sprites, you cna always look for them from the following two sites.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/
http://spritedatabase.net/
>>
>>13614895
Most interesting. I'll have to look into this. Giving the game a more SRW feel would be nice.
>>
>>13607756
KEEP US POSTED YOU FUCKING GLORIOUS BASTARD
>>
>>13614877
RPG Maker guy here. About to take a look through these, thanks.

>>13616427
K, I'll try to start to actually do things again.
>>
File: zaku2sinta.gif (3 KB, 64x48) Image search: [Google]
zaku2sinta.gif
3 KB, 64x48
>>13614877
This has all of the things. It's amazing.
>>
>>13610713
If the route for Getter forms is going to be changing out of battle, I have a couple suggestions:

-Do what the Rotom formes do, where they each have a single special move (Washer has Hydro Pump, Mower has Leaf Storm, etc). If it knows that move when you change form, delete it from the moveset. Either way, try to teach the new specialty move of that form after changing into it.
-Make each form have a static moveset, and progressing through the game gives you access to new forms with enhanced movesets: Getter 1/2/3 at the start of the game, Getter Dragon/Liger/Poseidon after a couple gyms, Neo-Getter 1/2/3 around 5/8 of the game, Shin-Getter 1/2/3 as endgame/post-game content.

If we want to change Getter mid-battle, look at something like Darmanitan, Aegislash or Meloetta, who all have different conditions to determine mode change mid-battle. (Darmanitan sucks but the concept could be good on something bulky that switches to an offensive mode when weaker?)
>>
>>13614895
>Touhou Puppet Dance Performance
Upon looking through this, it doesn't appear to actually be RPG Maker based. If it is, it's formatted in a way I'm not familiar with and would probably be more effort than worth to dig into it rather than just take inspiration from.

I do quite like how it does battles though. as well as the stats for it. I'll play around with it and see how it does other things.

>>13616917
Yea, Rotom is what I was looking into as I didn't know Rotom had persistent moves.

I want Getter to be able to change mid battle, but I feel balancing would be too difficult. It'd either become OP as fuck, or the stats would have to be too low to make it useful. Though given that others can do it without being broken (Exception being Meloetta since it's a legendary) I feel like the typing change might make it too OP. We'll have to see though.

Personally I feel like the Valkyries should be able to change form mid-battle though since it's mainly their stats that would change.

However if it is a mid battle transformation my next question would be: Do you let the player choose which form, or do you make the player cycle forms? Choosing would make the ability very powerful, however cycling would result in interesting strategic use as you'd have to plan out your form changes so as to not waste two turns.
>>
What if the three legendary birds were ttgl, demonbane, and getter emporer?
>>
I could write you guys one fantastic ass script if you want.
>>
>>13618059
One major thing about Mechamon is that it immitates the gameplay of Pokemon, but that's about it. there isn't any need for just straight up replacement. due to us using RPG maker we can simply add what we want, wherever we want.

>>13618253
We already have a script in handy (it's extremely basic, but the general consensus is the general idea is good.) But, the one thing i'm lacking at the moment is sidequests. I have 3 or so planned. I'm working on the world map ATM. that one anon has a lot more work than we do currently, but i think his version and our version will differ a great deal so there may be Two Mechamons running around.
>>
Can you punt ttgl and it'd previous forms in the game?
>>
>>13618582
Quite easily, it determines if we have the sprites really, thats all it boils down too. no visual assets, the less likely that specific mecha can be put into the game.
>>
How about Gunbuster? There are sprites in super robot taisen and alpha.
>>
>>13618059
>>13618234
>>13618494
>>13618523
>>13618615
>>13618738
Calm down you autismo.
>>
>>13618738
>>13618582
>>13618059
>>13618234
>>13618253
>>13618494
>>13618523
Oh fuck naw. We ain't doing this shit again. This is some Gachan (or whatever) type shit again. Mr. "I have an idea..." sit the fuck down. We're not just doing straight up replacements. TTGL, Demonbane, and Gunbuster have all been thought out but not finalized. Getter Emperor hasn't been touched due to it's lack of sprites.

Mr. Script-writer, show us something. Write something up and let us see what you've got. Make it public so others can see it too.

>>13618548
Wait whut? See I was seeing on combining our two projects into one. Assuming the other Anon posts more info that is. No reason to have two games of the same name running around.
>>
>>13617689
>Rotom formes
For something like Aesties this make sense, if you want to include the Gundam+G-Fighter forms they would also be another version I'd say should be changed out of battle. Regarding in-battle changes...

>(Exception being Meloetta since it's a legendary)
I play competitive pokemon (I'm shit-tier but I play), and every pokemon that can change form mid-battle (Except Aegislash) is actually pretty bad as a gimmick, typically no single form is capable enough to function on its' own and the changes take a turn to perform and usually you can't split the stats well enough to be fully functional in either form.

Since it's pretty safe to assume you don't want to make some sort of competitive metagame based on this though, your worry with in-battle transformations should be that they're fun and effective to use, but also aren't SO good that they do everything and nobody else gets used. Being stuck to 4 moves can help with that and we can discuss more concrete details if you want, but I imagine we're just theorycrafting right now while other basics are being laid down.

>Transformation style
Type-changing can be powerful against AI opponents if they stick to typical pokemon AI (ie use whatever move is super-effective, never assume a switch), but if Getter is the only one likely to be changing type mid-combat then it's just a case of making sure the type combinations aren't too effective when combined with their stats. If you force the player to start in Getter 1 and manually change to 2/3 it's easier to balance then allowing them to start in any form and switch from there, as well. Having to choose between Getter 1->2->3 or Getter 1->2/3 feels like a stylistic choice and I don't know which I'd prefer, honestly.
>>
>>13615021
https://mega.nz/#!vgAWiY6L

Key: YyJWoAAyEI7ALQ_80LcYlbTx0BNn5975hykpkvOkTTk
>>
>>13619779
Why even bother with the encryption key? There's a version of it out there without the key.

Or is this one pre-translated?
>>
>>13620169
Not him, this is translated at startup at least. Fiddled with options but haven't played any scenarios yet
>>
If you guys are intested in what the guts of a custom game built using RPG Maker and Pokemon Essentials is like, there's this.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7260289

Oh wow, that new forum skin is ugly.
>>
>>13620169
>>13620226
/vp/ had a thread about this game recently, and I think they have another one going on now. Game in link is pre-patched and fully translated.
>>
I'm tired, so I'm just gonna say that this is cool and inspirational to me. I hope something awesome comes from this. Also if you're putting in Zoids there's a GBA Zoids game called Zoids Legacy that you may find a useful resource.
>>
File: mechacenter and mart.png (7 KB, 334x179) Image search: [Google]
mechacenter and mart.png
7 KB, 334x179
Doing the things.
>>
oh god... this fucking thread has re appeared, i hate these fucking project threads, this is what forums are for. if /m/ happens to find it. then we find it and talk about the finished product, not this stupid tripfagging bullshit that's running amok, all of you are no better than Ultraxwing.
You should all be ashamed.
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (24 KB, 515x382) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
24 KB, 515x382
>>13621339
Please show me where my trip is.
>>
>>13621342
shut up xwing. look you're doing it again.
>Mechamon appears
>hype levels rise
>Xwing feeds off hype.
>starts showing off his le epin skillz to us
>anyone can do what xwing does
>people eat his shit up like he's Kira Yamato
>Starts Sperging
>Gets hated
>He Leaves
>I'm happy
>2 years later, shit is starting again.

whoopee another year of the Xwing, and another year i'm laving /m/
>>
>>13621374
>namefagging
>all lower case
>no punctuation
>thinks I'd ever have a trip

>laving

Please do lav.
>>
>>13621380
>>13621374
>>13621342
>>13621339
Samefagging hurts all, don't be an Xwing.
I swear this mod/project brings the absolute worse out of this board.
>>
File: smug krisu.jpg (48 KB, 393x374) Image search: [Google]
smug krisu.jpg
48 KB, 393x374
>>13621389
>I swear this mod/project brings the absolute worse out of this board.
You're right, you did show up.
>>
>>13621395
yeah Xwing stop posting and samefagging it was your shit that got this mod killed, and now your doing it again, no one cares about your pathetic work. you look gay, sound gay, and probably all around gay. once a tripfag always a tripfag
>>
>>13621342
>Mazinger is a girl
Whew, now I don't feel guilty about what I did last night.
>>
>>13621843
Why are you fapping to a little plant animal thing, you sicko?
>>
>>13621932
This is /m/, you don't have to bump a thread every 20 minutes for it to stay alive.
>>
>>13620241
The forum skin of the Community changes like ever 2 seconds.

One great thing that I forgot is possible with RPG Maker is that we won't have to try and down-sample the music. We can play it at near full quality.

Which also makes me wonder if we could make the theme change based on if the Player's unit is at low HP. Make it play the unit's theme if it's at low HP would be pretty baller, or a specific theme during specific specials (I.E. make it play this while God Gundam's Hyper mode is active https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQgXvmtI_ug)

>>13621208
That's pretty awesome lookin. Love how it's just a wrench for the center.

>>13621339
Well there's irony. But that's all I'll say on this.

>>13621786
>>13621932
Please, don't bump the thread unless it's on page 10. There's no need to. /m/ is a slow board.
>>
File: hello.gif (6 KB, 113x97) Image search: [Google]
hello.gif
6 KB, 113x97
>>13622311
If every unit had it's own theme that would probably take up twice as much space as the actual soundtrack. Plus everyone would just use Aussenseiter for obvious reasons.

Also this might be a bit too early for thinking this far ahead, but what plans do you guys have for the region? I know early versions were gonna try and do things on a Space Colony but it's cool if you just go the usual Island route pokemon games go with.
>>
>>13622362
In my opinion a bigger soundtrack is always better.

As far as region design, I know I don't have anything concrete yet. Though we did toss around the idea of a .//hack/Log Horizon style world where the character is just in a game. So we could get away with multiple areas themed differently easily that way.
>>
>>13622362
A good idea I introduced I think when crashmanX was working on it was having Schwarzwald be the 'professor' of the region, and he sends you on a crazy journey to find the truth.

Seems like a good way to open the game also there are totally some good Schwarzwald sprites laying around I don't know if I have them on my drive anymore though lemme dig
>>
So, what is the exact sotry for this game going to be? If it's something like .dothack// then, will there be official mecha characters?
>>
What kind of plot is there going to be? Typical kid collecting badges? Some kind of cockamamie war story ala SRW?

That'd be pretty hilarious, and extremely refreshing for a pokemon game
>>
>>13622362
RPG maker has tons of scifi/space tilesets, I think

Space opens a lot of options for plot

What do you think, anondev?
>>
http://www.logh.net/minglogh/LoGH_ships.html

LoGH Ships

Man, this thread is making me miss fucking around in VX

Gonna reinstall and warm myself up, god bless you two.
>>
Hello, I do some sprite editing for the local KR fangame. If you guys ever need some custom sprites, I can help with that.
>>
>>13619668
I hope you guys put Full Possession Shurouga and Shin Mazinger Zero in it.
>>
>>13624679
I had forgotten about that idea. It amuses me now that I recall it.

>>13628043
>>13628358
We're not 100% set on a plot yet. The basic idea that a colleague have tossed around is the idea that you download a Non-Official version of a game you were wanting to play (See Space Alloy War and all it's incarnations it's up to). Upon starting said game you black out. You wake up to a world where this unofficial title is real. (Think Log Horizon) There's a band of wanna-be-saviors who are trying to get everyone out of the game and back into the real world. However their idea of doing so is by attacking certain key structures within the game thinking that "If we destroy the game from within, we can go back home". Your job is basically to stop them while trying to figure out how to actually get home.

That's the basics which we've plotted up. Nothing solid yet and nothing heavier than that. Just an idea we tossed up and though sounded amusing.

>>13628417
Neat. Handy to boot. There's actually like 3 of us, myself and another working together and another Anon who is currently independent. Though I'm hoping we can work with this Anon as they seem to have progressed further than we have.

>>13628506
Main thing we'd need right now would be character sprites. We've got unit sprites for days and can manage with what we've got for some time, but we don't really have any character or trainer sprites currently.

>>13628551
We've got our Pokedex pretty well set for now (unless independent Anon has a different one set up) and it's sitting at 190 units currently. I think for our first "release" we're gonna try to keep it around that range. Also we lack sprites for both of those units so we can't really add them in yet.
>>
>>13628580
I'm
>>13628417

I decided to install XP and Pkmn Essentials(v16), to see what you guys have ahead, I'll fool around and see if I can replicate anondev's work, and post results later.

Last time I saw a mechamon thread, I remember there being a resource pack filled with unit, battle and a few of trainer sprites, could you post that for us?

Thanks
>>
>>13628631
Here ya go. Everything I have picture wise up to this point.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/596ls8oossu8vu3/Pictures.7z
>>
File: king-gainer-dance-o.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
king-gainer-dance-o.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>13628677
File is private bro
>>
>>13628687
Try this one then. Should have it fixed.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/596ls8oossu8vu3/Pictures.7z
>>
File: 1424565302325.gif (928 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
1424565302325.gif
928 KB, 444x250
>>13628677
It's time
>>
>>13628698
Also, out of curiosity, know how to deal with this error?

Compiler:1680:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:4098:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:4212

I keep getting it every time I attempt to start the editor. I'm new to RPG Maker and Ruby so I'm not entirely certain what's up since I haven't changed anything.
>>
>>13628707
The editor is totally unusable

All the data is taken from the PBS folder, edit the values there, then recompile the game via RPG maker

Example:
Start game, save
Check out debug menu, give yourself a pokemon

PBS->pokemon.txt
Edit that pokemon's value

Recompile game in RPGMaker

Load save, go to debug menu and give yourself that pkmn again

poof, you edited a thing.

every time you change a value, to see it you need to recompile
>>
>>13628802
Well the issue with that also being I get the same issue if I try to start a new game using the Game.
When I hit enter, I get the same error.

Simply trying to open the game in RPG Maker results in nothing visible to edit outside of the map itself.
>>
>>13628832
have you tried recompiling the game (F12 or the green arrow while in RPGmaker with essentials (Game.rproj) loaded)?
>>
>>13628853
Attempting to do so results in "Failed to create process."
>>
>>13628870
Nvm. Simply redownloading the Essentials and reinstalling it fixed the issue.

We're rocking now.
>>
>>13628933
Pffft. OK, nevermind again.

Running the editor before running the game breaks it super hard. I have no idea why.

This shit is weird.
>>
>>13628580
What character are you going to need first? I imagine it's the player character, but what sort of design should we go with?
>>
>>13628937
any luck?

Anondev, what resolution are you using for your battlers? 160x160?
>>
File: asdf.jpg (92 KB, 527x420) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
92 KB, 527x420
>>13630254
>>
>>13630338
What are you even doing son? You need to 2x scale your sprites and give them a transparent BG in Photoshop.
>>
File: 1366904782554.png (5 KB, 90x83) Image search: [Google]
1366904782554.png
5 KB, 90x83
>>13629761
If at all possible we could use over-world sprites for the main character as well as back sprites for the main character.

We have Female MC front and back sprites, but we lack overworld sprites for her, and we lack full Male MC back sprites.

>>13630338
Personally I say we change up the fight scene entirely. Move both HP bars to the top, put both Units level with each other, and put the user's unit on the right. That way it has more of a Super Robot Wars feel. See Touhou Puppet Dance Performance for more of an example of what I mean.

>>13630254
What ever RPG Maker XP can handle and we can get our hands on. Bigger units are going to have bigger sprites.
>>
File: yep.png (54 KB, 514x385) Image search: [Google]
yep.png
54 KB, 514x385
>>13630341
Yep, just posting the most basic possible edit for Crash.

Twenty seconds of effort later
>>
>>13630480
Nearest neighbor, anon. Gosh.
>>
File: golly.png (14 KB, 513x385) Image search: [Google]
golly.png
14 KB, 513x385
>>13630487
Yikes, thanks for that, totally forgot that existed.
>>
Can someone post a list of mechamon and their types?

I remember one from the old thread
>>
File: pilot_m_ow.png (3 KB, 48x128) Image search: [Google]
pilot_m_ow.png
3 KB, 48x128
Hope you don't mind it, I changed the design a bit.
>>
File: pilot_m_a.png (2 KB, 48x88) Image search: [Google]
pilot_m_a.png
2 KB, 48x88
>>13630983
I'm assuming, of course, that you're using the FRLG sprites as base.
I'll get to the back sprites one of those days.
>>
>>13618548
What's your idea for plot?
>>
>>13631198
See
>>13628580
>>
>>13630983
>>13630986
Those both look neat. Not sure how I feel about the Haro eyes on the hat though.

Also if you wanna try the Gen 5 sprites feel free. I was looking at them and forgot how much I like them.
>>
>>13631646
I'll see what I can do about it. It'll certainly take more time and effort, considering they're completely different from the proposed design.
Because I don't want to have to completely redo the female trainer's back sprites and have no idea if the Gen 5 overworld to Gen 3 back sprite transition will come off strange, due to how different their artstyles are, I'll try editing both Gen 4 and Gen 5 sprites.
>>
>>13631923
No need to force yourself or if you find that it's not easy to do then don't worry. It was just an idea I had for the characters after seeing TPDP. There's quite a few things in that game that I'm fond of already.
>>
>>13631936
Don't worry, I'm doing this for fun, right? If I see it's too much for me I'll just tell you straight away.
I've already worked on around, I think, 90 sprite sheets for the Kamen Rider Legacy project anyway and I intend to keep on going, so what's a few dozen more for another /m/ project?
>>
>>13631936
Could you post the list of Mechamon and their types?
>>
>>13631989
This is the old chart.
I've slowly been poking around making minor changes here and there recently but nothing big.

Typing isn't finalized either as we may switch to something more like the Other-Anon posted above.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SnBUo7nzKf9UuT8URM0r2w3PrDKjSsZ3JiQJ26YTvEs/edit#gid=0

There's also other tabs with stuff like Attacks, Items, and more laid out that haven't been touched in some time.
>>
>>13632000
Thanks, I needed it to do some theorycrafting/balancing.

I'll be back with some thoughts on type balancing and stat spreads.

Anon-dev, could you post your current version of the pokedex along with types? Maybe the move list you implemented, too?
>>
File: Mechamon 1.png (19 KB, 513x412) Image search: [Google]
Mechamon 1.png
19 KB, 513x412
Okay, i got Bro Arms' sprite sheet imported into mine and crashman's mechamon build
I also got a few custom menu skins added into here, this one is default. the other ones are just variations off this one.
>>
File: Mechamon 2.png (32 KB, 513x412) Image search: [Google]
Mechamon 2.png
32 KB, 513x412
>>13632425
Oh god, didn't mean to tripcode, i meant to put a #1 at the end of my name, forgot that. either way, heres a screenshot of some other mechamon.
Although it's only two of them at the moment, it only takes 5 minutes to import the sprites and add basic data to show it. of course these have their own Cries (which is the standard Gundam bdshwm like sound you hear when it walks/makes a major movement.)
>>
maybe it would be a good idea to do this outside of /m/ to avoid drama
>>
>>13632448
I was only doing that so Crashman could see it later. i'm about to head to bed later. This is also to see that one anon who has a lot more work than us could contribute. it isn't hard adding data. but were hoping he may be onboard. no need for two projects to be running around.
>>
File: full_throughthegenerations.png (20 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
full_throughthegenerations.png
20 KB, 1440x900
>>13630983
>>13631646
I was always partial to Gen4 sprites, but that's just me.
>>
Wait, this got me thinking of the music idea from back here>>13622311 again.

Instead of giving every unit their theme at low HP, why not just have it work like the Gen 5 gym leaders where the gym leader/E4 member you're up against's last mechamon's theme plays when they're sent out (Like say you're up against Gai and his last mon is Gaogaigar, Yuusha oh Tanjou starts playing during the rest of the fight.) It's probably less work overall and would lead to more hype for the key fights in the game. If you really want to have something for a low HP theme why not use everyone's favorite SRW overworld theme? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYr84Q_tfuw
>>
>>13632457
So there's

>>13607756
>Faggot-dev

>Crash

>>13630520
>>13632024
>Faggot-two (me)

>>13632457
And you? And you're with Crash?

That's everyone who wants to dev?
>>
>>13632652
So it would seem.

Faggot-Dev (or Other-Anon as I've been referring to them) seems to be MIA or just lurking at this point though.

>>13632540
I was thinking of the 2nd idea as well, but I like going Gen 5 route too. Adds in nice variety to things.
I'd love to toss in a "Music box" item that'd allow players to set their own in-battle OST, but that's future plans.
>>
>>13633625
Lurking.
Honestly if everyone else is going to be working on this I'm just gonna hold off on my own stuff for the moment until you guys inevitably give up again.
>>
>>13633640
Actually I was hoping you'd join us. You seem to have a grasp on adding in mons and look to have a lot of work already done. I was wondering if you'd like to share your work with us.

If not, that's fine. We won't force you and that's your own thing.
>>
>>13633640
I think I might do that too, for now.

If there's 3 mechamons, so be it. Only one can be champion.

that's not true, everyone dev as you like, and good luck!
>>
File: comparison.png (2 KB, 57x64) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
2 KB, 57x64
Okay, this is essentially how the gen 3, 4 and 5 sprites would look like. I think gen 4 holds the best amount of detail without compromising, while gen 5 has better proportions. That would mean swapping the tilesets, so maybe gen 3 is better? I'll let you decide.
And don't mind the hats, they're just placeholders until you guys settle for a nice design.
>>
>>13633878
Why not all of us work together?

Seems kinda ridiculous for us all not to work together.

>>13635991
Honestly I'm in love with all 3. I'd love to use Gen 5 even if it means swapping out the tile sets as we'll be making a while new world (cue aladdin) and that means we could just as easily swap out the tile set.

Also I like the hats, gives it a more "gamey" feel to them.
This is awesome work man. I really appreciate it.
>>
>>13636135
How about character customization? Well, a few dozen hats for you to chose from might be cool
>>
>>13636683
If Bro Arms is wiling to do so, that'd be cool. Even better if we could choose different pilot outfits from different series.
>>
Going dark till Monday to avoid Star Wars spoilers. Seems not even /m/ is safe, nor anywhere for that matter.
>>
File: comparison 2.png (1 KB, 41x64) Image search: [Google]
comparison 2.png
1 KB, 41x64
>>13638461
Eh, good luck out there. Hope you nobody tells you that ___________
Anyway, if we use gen 5 sprites and build up on the character customization idea, I thought I'd widen them by one pixel.
>>
Was the project revived just so it could die?
>>
>>13638461
Chewie dies.
>>
>>13641520
The project isn't dead, i think Crashman is working pretty hard ATM. I mean he isn't doing the same mistakes like the last build. for one he excluded Ultraxwing entierely, the smartest move. Secondly he isn't posting every update that the does, like Ultraxwing. and Ultraxwing isn't involved. so i think it's pretty safe to say there will be a release in a month or two time.
>>
>>13641777
>a release in a month or two time.
>Crashman

kek
>>
>>13628580
Yeah, I think people were pitching gym leaders and somebody suggested it. Don't know who, but it was a great idea.

Anyways, I did some digging and found this (which actually would fit in the style) So just a little something that you may or may not find useful for the project. I doubt that anybody would say no to letting you use it.

Source http://rabidfangirlofdoom.deviantart.com/art/Schwarzwald-Sprite-32411859

Anyways, I might try and come up with a few "small" sprites so that it doesn't display a Charmander in team select. I don't know if you guys have all the SRW board sprites, but that's probably a viable option. Then we could just do it Gen I style where all of one style uses the same sprite, etc.
>>
>>13641777
>for one he excluded Ultraxwing entierely
Read the thread. He's working with Ultraxwing.
>>
>>13643750
kek your retarded. if Ultraxwing was really working on it, then why hasn't his tripfagging ass not appeared yet? he always spams about how godly and amazing he is when it comes to this project.
>>
>>13607778
Aesteis should be form changes, like Deoxys or Rotom
>>
>>13641777
>so i think it's pretty safe to say there will be a release in a month or two time.
A demo with somewhat limited functionality maybe
>>
File: 1436712372157.jpg (747 KB, 1995x1869) Image search: [Google]
1436712372157.jpg
747 KB, 1995x1869
>>13636135
I'm >>13633878, I said I was mostly interested in working by myself but I'm willing to share what I have so far (balancing, design doc. mega-evolution, etc) and see what our ideas are

Shoot me an email if you can:
[email protected]
>>
File: pilot_m_ow_gen5.png (3 KB, 96x128) Image search: [Google]
pilot_m_ow_gen5.png
3 KB, 96x128
How's this?
>>
>>13649542
I like it.
>>
>>13644098
Deoxys is weird. In Gen 3, it didn't actually form change, they just made it so each game had its own sprites, attack lists, and stats. It's a proper form change NOW, but it wasn't back then.
>>
File: pilot_f_ow_gen5.png (3 KB, 96x128) Image search: [Google]
pilot_f_ow_gen5.png
3 KB, 96x128
>>13649542
And a girl
>>
Did Crashman quit or something?
>>
>>13653781
is that a fucking acguy holy shit
>>
>>13655692
No he's gone dark until he's seen Starwars, trust me, me and him have been working on it pretty slowly.

>>13649542
This one is much better for the sprite sheets we've been using
>>13653781
And i finally have a female sprite. Thanks Bro arms!
>>
>>13655817
Yes, an acguy hat. If we can implement character customization we can have even more hats and stuff.

>>13656280
I try. At any rate, I might be unavailable for a while, but if you need any sprites, do tell me, I'll make them as soon as I can.
>>
>>13655692
I have returned.

I immediately had Star Wars spoilers on Thursday morning so I went dark till I saw it last night. Mixed thoughts on it.

>>13649542
>>13653781
Both of these look amazing. Thank you Bro Arms, these are great. I love the Acguy hat.
>>
>>13656557
It's what I do. Let me know what sprites you need the most, and if no one gets to them first, I'll get them done in january
>>
Why Mechamon and not Pokemecha?
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.