[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best version of Evangelion around?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: Neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
What's the best version of Evangelion around?
>>
Rebuild of evangelion
>>
Pacific Rim
>>
I mean release from subbers/encoders you funny guys.
>>
>>13603657
Not watching it.
>>
Just watch the dub, who cares, you obviously speak English.

Do Director's Cut, and gtfo off /m/, these faggots don't even like NGE anymore.
>>
>>13604067
The dub is probably one of the absolute worst ever when it comes to overly popular /m/ shows. Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>13604071

It really isn't.
It's a pretty good dub, considering its era.

It has a few lulzy moments, though. "EVERY SINGLE MISSILE HIT THE TARGET!"
>>
>>13604067
Whatever the language of dub.
>>
The [2D4U] Bluray directors cut encodes are the best
>>
>>13604071

Actually think Shinji, Asuka, and Rei sound much better in dub, especially Shinji and Rei.

Misato's a bit off sometimes, and the earlier episodes are worse; I hear they dubbed the episodes two at a time as they got them, so it's understandable they didn't know how to cast them yet. First half and second half are like completely different shows.
>>
>>13604075

Also, Asuka in the original Japanese is absolutely horrifying if you know any German at all. Any time japanese Asuka speaks 'German', its like a lovecraftian nightmare is coming out of my speakers. There are whole sounds she isn't even attempting to make. Its like she is reading the German as if it were English, and then Engrishing it up.

Meanwhile, English Dub Asuka's german is actually pretty good. Im willing to put up with Kensuke sounding like Kermit for that.
>>
>>13604273
Guten moagen, Anon.
>>
>>13604188
cry about it
>>
The fucking blu ray rip is out, search nyaa for 2d4u
>>
>>13603657
EG just did the super HD blu-rays.
>>
>>13604071
>The dub is probably one of the absolute worst ever when it comes to overly popular /m/ shows.
Oh fucking please. It's not good, but NGE couldn't even hope to compare to Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, or Aldnoah.Zero. Hell, I'd rate EoE pretty highly, aside from the actual audio quality from some of the characters (I understand some of them literally phoned it in); once you get past the 30 mark it's fantastic.
>>
>>13604297

Whats wrong with Gurren Lagaans dub?
>>
>>13604303
>bitch Simon
>bitch Simon sounds the same at 14 and at 21
>Brooklyn Rage Kittan
>Anti-Spiral
>there are literally two stereotypically "gay" voices and they somehow got the wrong one for Leeron
>>
>>13604308

Brooklyn Rage Kittan and Steve Blum's Leeron voice were both great, though.
>>
>>13604331
>Brooklyn Rage Kittan
Not even ironically
>Steve Blum's Leeron
Maybe for a different character.
>>
There's a release for NGE labeled 2D4U. That one has the director's cut with good quality and dual audio. Look it up on torrents.
>>
2D4U releases in both 480p and 1080p. They are both excellent.
>>
File: 1418588163670.jpg (225 KB, 860x952) Image search: [Google]
1418588163670.jpg
225 KB, 860x952
>>13603657
Best version right here, senpai
>>
>>13605122

"Had a spine" apparently translating to 'being an indescribably overconfident asshole who is a prick to everyone for no reason, and who it will be really satisfying to see get reduced to screaming agony after Sachiel shoves a piece of metal through his eye.'

Most people tend to forget that most of Shinji's complaints during the first episode are actually 100% valid. Sure, he could have been a little bit less of a bitch about it, but he was right to say it was bullshit that they dragged him across the country to make him pilot a machine he had never seen before to fight an enemy he knew nothing about for the winner take all survival of the human species. If they knew this was going to happen, the least they could have done was give him a weeks warning or something.
>>
>>13604273

Haaarro Sindi, guuuuten mógenn!!
>>
>>13603657
Ultraman.
>>
File: 1436892378895.png (206 KB, 478x356) Image search: [Google]
1436892378895.png
206 KB, 478x356
>>13605122
>standing up for yourself and telling your dad to fuck off when he only comes to you for the first time in years solely because he wants something for his own gain isn't having a spine

I swear the people who bitch about Shinji never paid attention to the show because most of the shit he does is totally justified.
>>
File: 1288644024117.jpg (12 KB, 261x301) Image search: [Google]
1288644024117.jpg
12 KB, 261x301
>>13605149

Most of the time Shinji is right and is also put against stuff nightmares are made of, also "man up" isn't a valid argument when you're fighting BRAINWAVES ALTERING angels like the one that puts Asuka into a coma or the shadow angel.

If John Smith with years of training can develop PTSD from shooting muslims in the desert it's perfectly sane for Shinji to develop depression from a literal apocalypse taking place in front of him, first in line.
As always, EVA is 2deep4them.
>>
>>13604096

Shinji is completely miscast in the English dub and only sounds whiney when he was actually passive aggressive and that's a huge part of the character.
>>
>implying anybody watches shows or pays attention when they're on
>>
>>13603657
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FckkZihQUaU
>>
>>13605204
>fighting BRAINWAVES ALTERING angels
>not wearing a Faraday cage helmet and bodysuit
>>
>>13605241
But a hilarious one >>13605226
>>
>>13605207
He has good screams.
>>
>>13605247

You have to "drown" in the LCL to be able to pilot the monstruosities, and to open up their ATField you have to connect to them in a certain way.
A Mazinger or Getter wouldn't work against angels because EVA humanity doesn't have the same robot building skills as Mazinger or Getter humanity.
>>
>>13603657
They are all shit.

I can't understand how anyone can like that shit.
>>
>>13605256
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q-QtjGRv54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Uge0DljYA
>>
>>13604075
They fixed some of that in the Platinum dub
>>
When will this shit get a US release?
>>
>not exclusively watching Evangelion on old ADV VHS's
Buncha casuals in this thread

>>13605817
The BDs? In a few years after the last Rebuild comes out and Funimation decides to take one last squeeze of that Eva tit.
>>
anyone got direct downloads links?
>>
>>13605259

I dunno. With the exception of power supply (an issue they solve by the end of Evangelion) an Eva is strictly superior to Mazinger. It compares favorably against most Getter Tech too, until Getter goes and becomes TTGL before TTGL did it. Which has less to do with human robot building skills and more to do with humans being just such a swell species that insanely xenophobic racist radiation space god decided that we get preferential treatment and all other forms of life get to burn in atomic space hell.
>>
>>13606617
Getter Rays didn't get to manifest itself until Shin was made though, so it can at least partially be given to human robot building skills for that.
>xenophobic racist
You don't get to call something omniscient like the Getter Rays terms made by humans that only apply to lesser beings like humans. Comparing the way Getter and TTGL absorb shit as even remotely similar is off the mark too.
>>
Adeptus Evangelion
>>
>implying eva is /m/
>>
>>13610283

Holy shit. I had no idea there was an Evangelion RPG.

Is it playable?
>>
>>13610659
>Is it playable?
No, there's only one copy of it in the entire world, located inside a bullet proof 3 feet thick reinforced lead case hidden in an intangible alternate-dimentional section of Fort Knox.
>>
>>13610699

Oh. So Nagano made it?
>>
>>13610710
I like you.
>>
RahXephon
>>
>>13611034
How is RahX, really? I was thinking of watching it or something similar before Fafner ends.
>>
>>13611063
It isnt really like eva, and it is one of the most aesthetic shows I have ever seen
Slow start though
>>
File: 1341614560695.jpg (40 KB, 800x804) Image search: [Google]
1341614560695.jpg
40 KB, 800x804
>that fucking brain splatter sound effect in EoE dub
>>
>>13610659
Yes.
>>
Rebuild if you do not mind being trolled by Anno
>>
>>13604297
I liked Code Geass' dub
>>
>>13611342
Considering it's from by the same studio that loved to add cussing to already violent works, I'm not surprised in the least.
>>
>>13613998
That's fine. Your taste is still shit.
>>
>>13603657
None of them. Gunbuster is more worth your time.
>>
>>13604067
We never did.
>>
>>13603657
Space Runaway Ideon.
>>
>>13605259
Even then you need AT Fields to even touch Angels at all.

Though I guess you can't really compare that stuff, who knows what Getter Rays would do to an Angel.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.