[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dub actors being revealed for Iron Blooded Orphans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
Kyle is Mika

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-08/gundam-iron-blooded-orphans-casts-kyle-mccarley-as-mikazuki-in-english-dub/.96245

Johny Yong Bosch is Orga, just announced a few hours ago

It's going to be on Toonami this time next year at this rate.
>>
>>13603613
Johnny Yong Bosch should voice everyone... him or Crispin Freeman.
>>
File: Adam-Turbo.jpg (224 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
Adam-Turbo.jpg
224 KB, 852x640
Long haired Johnny was always odd to me.
>>
>>13603641
They also gave him a minivan that season, poor guy
>>
>casting VAs from US for filipino-only English dub
I'll never understand bandai.
>>
>>13603641
Apparently what happened was that since Tommy and Kat were leaving they were gonna try and build up Adam and Tanya as the leaders since they were Vetran Rangers. They wanted him with long hair since Tommy had long hair and he'd been the leader since S2.

But then the writing team walked and they decided to give the new team a fresh set of characrers to work with and just axed everyone but Justin.
>>
File: lelouch.jpg (97 KB, 450x363) Image search: [Google]
lelouch.jpg
97 KB, 450x363
>Johnny
>in the new gundam
why am I not surprised. We'll i hope next dubbed gundam goes to Ocean group up in canada. I miss them...
>>
>>13603688
are you that one anon that thinks this gundam wasn't made for the u.s. despite all the signs being pointed otherwise?
>>
>>13603798
I thought everyone thought gundam was only made to sell gundam models. They don't sell those in the USA, so what's the point of making USA gundam?
>>
>>13603613
Good voice actors.
>>
>>13603766
With the current state of the Canadian dollar, it's not going to happen. Not even Koei Tecmo hires them for DWG anymore.
>>
>>13603613
Isn't it a bit risque for western TV? Child soldiers executing prisoners seems like it might rub moral guardians the wrong way
>>
>>13604072
Let's be real here, Anon. IBO is probably one of the more morally white anime to come to the West.
>>
>>13603836
>They don't sell those in the USA
They've sold them since Build Fighters hit.
>>
>>13604072
That hasn't happened in 8 episodes. I think they are more at risk of sending the kids and parents to sleep
>>
At least it isn't Papenbrook who I was honestly expecting considering tye way they like casting him right now, even in roles that don't fit his range. His Shirou is fucking awful.

>>13604054
The CAD being as shit as it is is a positive or at the very least, should be a positive in terms of our VA industry getting work. Nobody's taking advantage of it though.
>>
>>13604098
The way they like casting him*

Goddamn autofill.
>>
>>13603836
They sell them at Barnes and Noble.
I'm pretty sure they're pushing IBO pretty hard because I saw a Barbatos kit at one just yesterday.
>>
>>13603641
He said that he himself hated it, that asians don't look good with long untied hair.
>>
Is JYB the Mark Hamill of our generation?
>>
>Kyle McCarley
I've only heard him in Seven Deadly Sins but he did a good enough job there. JYB is JYB.

So how exactly are they distributing the dub? Through Hulu like they've been doing with the simulcasts or on BD/DVD?
>>
I'm not gonna pretend that JYB doesn't have some good roles, but I'm never gonna forgive him for Code Geass. And for being the Kana Hanazawa of American dubs but without having the range she does.

>>13603628
Can't tell if ironic
>>
>>13604199
>I'm not gonna pretend that JYB doesn't have some good roles, but I'm never gonna forgive him for Code Geass.

He was fine in that. He even had some good evil laughs.
>>
>>13604336
>He was fine in that.
JYB Lelouch is honestly one of the worst straight-faced voice performances I've ever heard. The only excuse I can think of for liking it is because you watched it on Toonami when you were a kid and didn't know that anime came in Japanese.
>He even had some good evil laughs.
That made up like 1% of his dialogue.
>>
File: 1433427665652.gif (3 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1433427665652.gif
3 MB, 400x400
>>13603688
>PR actor for filipino dub
>>
>>13604199
JYB also did Renton in E7. He doesn't do his edgy deep voice all the time.
>>
Wonder which annoying voice actor they'll get to make Kudelia even more annoying
>>
>>13604072
They aired FMA which had a child soldier, genocide, and some guy who turned his daughter into a furry.
>>
>>13603613
Fucking Power Faggots. He's done better /m/ roles than that show you know.
>>
>>13604397
I knew /m/ had shit taste but holy fuck.
>>
>>13607197
That's an /a/ crossposter that shits up any thread that mentions dub actors or threads, they show up any time /m/ dissents from the /a/ standard doctrine. Ignore him after this post and move on.
>>
>>13604072
If it ends up on TV, it'll be on Toonami, which is a late night block.
>>
>>13607166
>Using "Power Faggots" unironically
>In 20-fucking-15
>>
>>13603628
I thought JYB was fine in Geass (which had almost no bad VAs) and E7, but I'm not fond of him in Bleach. Maybe it's because Ichigo is such a bland character compared to Lelouch. Still, he's not the best VA around. Crispin Freeman is top notch, and I dig Patrick Seitz too.
>>
>>13604098
Bryce is a big up-and-comer, and Aniplex likes building him up. Hes probably got a good future as a VA.

But JYB is a big name. Hes not Blum or Freeman, but hes probably one of the VAs right below them in terms of popularity. If they don't go union for the dub, hes probably one of the best choices for an "A list" VA to cast, and having an popular VA can help since they really want to push for Gundam's new chance in the west.

Though I won't be surprised if we see Bryce in here. Theres a number of characters I can see him as.
>>
>>13607197
The only shit taste here is the fuckwad who thinks that a guy who can't do two voices should be playing a character who can.

>>13607203
>That's an /a/ crossposter that shits up any thread that mentions dub actors or threads
No I'm not, more than one person in the world can disagree with you. Also,
>I'm not gonna pretend that JYB doesn't have some good roles,
Fucking retard.
>>
>>13604129
Mark Hamill is the Mark Hamill of our generation.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.