[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /m/, MSPaint guy here with some serious talk. The channel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
Ok /m/, MSPaint guy here with some serious talk. The channel where I've uploaded all of the /m/ videos to has recently received its second of three copyright strikes (The infringement was from the JoJo opening in MS Paint, which has forcefully been deleted). Once a channel receives three strikes, ALL its videos get deleted. Considering that Google seems hell-bent on going through all our old videos to find anything copyright-infringing, it seems probable the channel will be receiving its third strike soon.

So for posterity, I’ve uploaded the /m/ related videos (+ JoJo) I’ve done or coordinated in the likely event the channel gets deleted. They're all up for download here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fyodx6uoxqzja/MS_Paint

If any of you want to re-upload them, go for it! Also, if anyone would like something rendered in a higher resolution, please let me know; I can do that too. I’m kind of sad things have turned out this way (which is no one’s fault, of course, except google’s/konami’s/the recording industry of japan’s, so it’s really a lot of people’s fault, fuck those guys). But perhaps, if the channel survives long enough, there’ll be one last surprise...
>>
>>13600675
I still don't get why they're shooting these guys down. I mean, we're not even earning from these MSPaint OPs! Also, doesn't this fall under protection of law as a parody work? Is Japan still wary because of the Harmony Shit debacle?
>>
>>13600688
>parody work
>jewtube
pick one and only one
>>
IDEOOOOOOOOON
>>
>>13600697
And that is why named youtubers get away with it all.

God I hate those people sometimes.
>>
>>13600697
I live under a rock. What do you mean?
>>
>>13600777
Youtube has a very inconsistent policy when it comes to what counts for parody work that is uploaded to their site. Some anons think it's more of a money thing.
>>
>>13600688
Well, the channel hosts some other stuff, but we've been pinged for streaming MGSV on release (Australia's release date came earlier but apparently we don't count as a real country so we got a strike for streaming it before it was "officially" released), a LOT of audio stuff (putting Rules of Nature to videos, scenes from Eva), and surprisingly, the fucking visuals from Ginguizer's opening are also tagged as something you cannot put up on youtube.

>>13600713
Yep, we're pretty salty that loads of other big names get away with basically the same stuff we do, but because we don't make any money for Google, they hate us for it. Also, we're not partnered with anyone, which may be involved.
>>
>>13600794
>even Ginguizer's visuals are flagged
dafuq
>not partnered with anyone
Keep at it, lads. Signing up for that kind of thing is a death sentence waiting to happen.
>>
>>13600804
>Keep at it, lads. Signing up for that kind of thing is a death sentence waiting to happen.
Yup yup, after looking into the terms and conditions of some partnerships, it basically sounded like a pyramid scheme where they use YOUR channel to promote their high-view stuff, rather than the other way around. We're in the middle of planning a new channel, out of necessity. If this old one still lives by some miracle (the two strikes expire this time next year), we'll keep using it for MS Paint stuff.
>>
>>13600675
Why the fuck aren't you challenging those strikes, idiot? This is clearly fair use.
>>
>>13600794
>pinged for streaming MGSV on release (Australia's release date came earlier
So say so.

>a LOT of audio stuff (putting Rules of Nature to videos, scenes from Eva), and surprisingly, the fucking visuals from Ginguizer's opening

Auto detect. Contest with fair use. 99.99% of the time they just back off.
>>
>>13600675
Time to download every fan videos and MADs.
Who knows when it will cease to exist?
>>
>>13600838
The thing is, we've looked into that stuff and to make a counter-claim to Google opens you up to potential litigation from the company(s) which filed the claim against you in the first place. Essentially, you have to settle with them before Google can do anything. Myself and the other guys who do stuff on the channel are quite risk-adverse, and we really cannot afford exposing ourselves to that kind of risk, especially as we aren't making any money off the channel. As far as I'm concerned, it's really less about whether we're in the right or wrong, and more about who can afford the better lawyers. We'd rather just take it on the chin and make sure our future stuff is purely OC (both audio and visuals).
>>
>>13600911
I've personally gotten warnings and whatnot for custom BGM in video game clips and video game clips themselves but always just copypaste the exact same message citing fair use to contest the claims and have never had any problems.

It's one thing if you contest stuff like straight up uploads of songs or episodes of shows, but

>streaming MGSV on release (Australia's release date came earlier
>putting Rules of Nature to videos

That shit is clearly fair use.

>we aren't making any money off the channel

It isn't fair use if you're making money off the videos. The fact that you're not adding advertising or whatever to videos gives you protection against litigation.
>>
>>13600911
Also, go check if they're actual claims or content ID matches, because if they're the latter that means they're bullshit automatic claims. Copypaste fair use law to dispute them and Youtube just removes them.
>>
>>13600911
Educate yourself
http://fairusetube.org/guide-to-youtube-removals
>>
>it's totally okay just read fifty paragraphs and jump through ten hoops and you can have the privilege of uploading the video to youtube again until the next takedown notice
or maybe just use a service that isn't shit
>>
>>13600959
Or maybe just take the word of the millions of people who've done it before and copypaste a citation of the fair use clause to dispute the claims which takes less than a minute.
>>
File: feelin fine.png (33 KB, 857x584) Image search: [Google]
feelin fine.png
33 KB, 857x584
>>13600942
Different guy here. They're actual claims, we've had both kinds before.

>>13600944
Thanks for this. I'll read it and see what our options are.
>>
>>13601108
Both strikes are clearly misplaced. The Jojo one is fair use, the MGS one is what the fuck how is a live stream a violation?

You mentioned how Australia got it early like it matters but it doesn't. Users have nothing to do with the embargoes put on the gaming media.
>>
Fuck everything. No one should have ever bought Google's pretend philanthropy. They were just lining us up to farm us.
>>
>>13600978
yeah keep going back to him, he'll stop beating you soon, he promised
>>
>>13601201
I'm just surprised not a single other video hosting site has tried to make any move on YT at all
>>
Upload them to NicoNico
>>
>>13601201
Yeah Dailymotion is on the cards for sure. However, the original idea of the channel was to make money playing VIDEO GAMES which is why we started with Youtube.

>>13601207
No, no strikes for those. I've had some matched audio with some of the Sunrise openings (G Gundam, VOTOMS, Ideon), but they're OK to stay up as long as you acknowledge the content.

>>13601306
The thing with Nico is that unless you're a paying subscriber, the videos you upload have some incredibly strict criterion that you need to fulfill. I posted about this in an old thread I made bur iirc the videos needed to be under a certain size (~10-20mb) AND under a certain bitrate. Now the bitrate fucks really bad with some of the videos with a lot of motion. For example, here's a (hidden) video of the JoJo OP rendered to those specifications: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZM7p2YSeW8&list=PLMtWq7pSYIWc1lq4S4Ei88Mmb3mmpECWR&index=10
>>
>>13601201
Or better, use Nicovideo and turn the English option on. That's gonna receive some appreciation.
>>
>>13601437
Oh shit. Didn't know the catch.
>>
>>13601455
>Me IRL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efFiahD1zPU
>>
>>13600675
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fyodx6uoxqzja/MS_Paint
Didn't we do the original Gundam opening, or was that a different organizer?
>>
>>13603600
Woah, Mr. Rockefeller, calm down.
>>
>>13603757
I didn't coordinate that one, that's on the m Draws channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFxVudr5PYu9OJFJGSIMeRA).
>>
>>13604070
Oh nonono, I'd feel terrible; Thanks for offering though! I think I'll look into dailymotion first before I try Nico again, anyway.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.