[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think Iron Blooded Orphans has been pretty good so far, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1443188570707.jpg (174 KB, 712x534) Image search: [Google]
1443188570707.jpg
174 KB, 712x534
I think Iron Blooded Orphans has been pretty good so far, and I trust and respect you guys enough to politely respond and agree or disagree in a mature fashion while making good points that support your argument without resorting to childish insults..
>>
File: 1433938743066.png (32 KB, 178x178) Image search: [Google]
1433938743066.png
32 KB, 178x178
>>13600461

I like the design of the barbatos and graze. But everything else so far has been meh. The story is just a bunch of usual anime tropes and hasn't added anything really new or surprising other than the lolspaceharem.
>>
I've been enjoying it thusfar... But it could be better, I chalk that up to it only being 9 episodes old and taking a bit to get through the set up.

Which happens with some of my favorite Gundam series anyway so my hopes are still high.

My draw to Gundam as a series was always either the Crazy Space Politics and way of living that results from them OR Super Robot Fighting.

When I get both, great.

When I get one or the other, not as good.

Right now we're doing a lot of talking and less Barbatos bashing the shit out of opponents with Rocket Lance, but I'll bet it picks up soon.
>>
>>13604254
>it only being 9 episodes old
10, and that means it's almost halfway through the story.
>>
>>13604262
Sorry, I keep forgetting Crunchyroll's a week off and that's the only way I can watch it.

Also the ED is fucking great, yeah?
>>
>>13604262
Given the pacing I'm pretty sure Bandai is planning on a second season if sales figures are decent. I suspect the only reason they didn't say it will be two seasons up front is just in case it ended up with Age tier reception and sales.
>>
>>13600461
IBO has been an alright watch so far, but there's nothing that really draws me to to watch it immediately like with other shows. At the moment I'm only sticking with it because it's a Gundam series.

I guess I appreciate how willing it is to go unsavory places, but the darker undertones are kind of at odds with currently light-hearted atmosphere. I half expect that to be on purpose so I feel it more when the cast inevitably starts getting pruned, but that's not really helping it right now.
>>
>>13604271

OOOORUPHENS~ NAMIDA~!

Hell yes the ending is good.
>>
>>13604342
>>13604271
It's very James Bond-ish, yeah?
>>
I just watched the past three episodes, and god damn watching multiple combatless episodes highlights this show's flaws.

I'm pretty sure there's a mandate on a slow panning shot of Kudelia complaining about how useless she is, being told she's wrong and making the exact same surprised expression once every episode.
>>
>>13604479
You forgot the blush anon, can't forget the blush.

But yeah the show can be very repetitive which can highlight how lacking the dialogue can be
>>
>>13604448
My thoughts exactly. First time I heard it i thought "wtf James Bond in my Gundam".
>>
>>13604524
>>13604448
>>13604342
The ending really caught me off guard. I was not expecting to hear something that good at the end of the episode.
>>
>>13604528
It's the singer. She's hugely emotive, even if you don't know Japanese. Hell even my wife who isn't at all into anime perked up. It's like an old lounge song.
>>
>>13600461
Ibo is dumb because kljaasgd
>>
>>13600461
The last 3 episodes devoid of any dramatic conflict have really killed it for me. Not battles, just conflict of any kind. The group dynamic of the orphans isn't very interesting. You have one leader who watches out for everyone and everybody agrees with him. It's kind of lacking the interpersonal conflicts that make some of the other Gundam series interesting to watch. From a storytelling point of view, the last few episodes are really stagnant.

I wonder whether some of these issues are coming from Bandai mandated interference. To have 3 episodes of filler seems like they are buying time for something. Maybe they had to wait for the release of the Gusion model kit before they could introduce it into the story.
>>
>>13604304
Given we're coming up on halfway through the season, wouldn't they have enough of a sense of how it's going to announce whether it was getting an s2 or not by now?

I mean, this isn't some untested property we're talking about here. It's one of their flagships. It's unlikely they'd play it that coy with this one.
>>
>>13604713
> everybody agrees with him
I think it what worse is how people outside the orphans agree. Orga really didn't have to struggle at all to get the mafia on board. He got shouted at about family once but then didn't have to change anything to get Naze suddenly not bitching about it. Then the main guy is all give them a bigger percent, get them food and let them on the black market.

I expected some kind of build up against a really tough system through the show but it has been pissy easy. They've only even had to fight 4 times, and one of those was a 1v1 duel
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.