[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MG line confirmed for dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: MGlogo.jpg (19 KB, 250x135) Image search: [Google]
MGlogo.jpg
19 KB, 250x135
>No, the only reason re exists now is Bandai has more or less run out of designs to put in mg that have a mainstream audience and arent cost prohibitive and also have another major license having resources redirected ( star wars). Remember bandai is one of the few model companies that reprints nearly their entire 2000+ kit catalog. They have to be choosey now for whats left if they want to maintain that practice.

>Bandai has more or less run out of designs to put in mg that have a mainstream audience and arent cost prohibitive

http://gundameclipse.net/topic/5661252/7/

From Derringer, a Bluefin representative and basically Bandai's English to-go guy.

Are you ready to embrace non-stop P-Bandai anal rape now, /m/?
>>
>Nearly all of 00 wouldn't be worth making
>Nearly all of G wouldn't be worth making
>Nearly all of X wouldn't be worth making
>All Wing main Gundams got MG
>All Seed main Gundams got MG

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>Will never see the day X-0 or Phantom Gundam not get a MG

orz
>>
That doesn't sound dead to me, just smart business practice. They're only printing the things they know are guaranteed cash items.

>>13600243
I'm still waiting for modern high grades of the rest of the shuffle Alliance.
>>
Damn. I doubt MG is gonna actually die, I mean it's got over 200 releases and with every new anime, there will be more kits to produce. But I wouldn't be surprised if the number of MGs drastically decreases in the next few years. Guess I'll never get my Alex 2.0 and Zaku Kai MG T_T
>>
>>13600226
>run out of designs to put in mg that have a mainstream audience and arent cost prohibitive

>No MG G-Self
>No MG Build Burning
>No MG GP series 2.0
>No MG ZZ 2.0
>No MG Alex 2.0
>No MG Ground Gundam 2.0
>No MG G-Saviour
>Around 8 different MG's of the RX-78-2

Seriously, I get the impression the only thing Bandai even cares about anymore are SEED and the OYW.
>>
>>13600284
Nah they care about CCA too
>>
>>13600294
Unicorn too
>>
>>13600295
Less so these days it feels like
>>
>>13600284
I think Star Wars is more to blame here.

How are those kit sales holding up btw? Now that they're unable to sell them outside of Japan, at least directly, I can't imagine that they're competing for Gundam's resources like they might have been.
>>
>They have to be choosey now for whats left if they want to maintain that practice.
Yeah that's why we get valuable fucking releases like Freedom 2.0 while ZZ and most of the OVA Gundams are still piles of shit.

At least now that the current HG line has gotten every main Gundam into existence with a 21st century era kit they seem to be going back to get the ones that are turds like Freedom and Impulse.
>>
It won't die, this is as stupid as believing in 'slots'
>>
>>13600304
Regardless of how there're doing I can say bandai's giving it their all. There was hugh display infront of the gunpla section last time I went to yodobashi. It was actually covering up the mg origin release. I never knew japan liked starwars so much.
>>
>>13600304
>not allowed to sell them outside japan now as opposed to before that

This is completely misinterpreted by americans thinking Revel did something.

What happened is Bandai always only had a license for sale and manufacture in Japan for their star wars model kits. This is because Disney Japan only has rights to give license for their own territory, Japan. In order to sell outside they need to contact Disney [insert name of country or region here ] and pay the rape you in the ass license and royalty fees to that Disney branch. They succeeded to secure rights in the neighboring countries of asia recently. As part of that agreement to sell through officially recognized channels, Bandai was told to tell its JP retailers to enforce the terms of their license, i.e. Stores in JP cannot sell outside of JP. All the big ones like hlj and amiami which are the most recognized were affected.

So now Bandai is selling even moreeee star wars kits. And thanks to disney, bandai is forced to split their resources to match Disney's outrageously high minimum guarantee of sales and also pump out x number of releases per year.
>>
>>13600315
Why the fuck did you think Gundam had jedi pilots and light sabers
>>
>>13600267
>and with every new anime, there will be more kits to produce.
Yeah, like those MG kits from build fighters try!

... I'm salty we didn't get an MG try burning desu.

They also have been slow as hell in getting a MG out for reconquista.
>>
>>13600226
Good, MG is the cancer of gunpla since 1/100 is a shit scale that only enables hamhanded snapfags by virtue of being unnecessarily large. 1/100 has literally no benefits over 1/144. Iff you want a bigger kit buy a PG
>>
>>13600326
>1/100 has literally no benefits over 1/144.
Molded detail and features?
>>
>>13600327
RG does those magnitudes better. And if you fiddle with those you're just hamhanding anyway, those are wholly unnecessary for enjoying gunpla
>>
>>13600329
RG have a lot of detail but are more finnicky. Why are you so upset at MG simply for being larger?
>>
>>13600284
>tfw there won't be MG Kamiki Burning
That's the best thing from Try
>>
>>13600325
I somehow forgot about try lol. Regardless of the anime's quality, I'm a little salty about not having that build burning mg too. The hg was just so great for what it was.
>>
>>13600331
MG brings out snapfags to the hobby. Snapfags defile the very idea of gunpla by putting it totgether, not painting it and constantly fiddling/moving them when they're meant to be posed and admired from afar, not played with. 1/100 is literally manchild gunpla as its the most accessible scale for newfags to gunpla
>>
>no MG G-Self
>no RE/100 Grimoire
;_;
>>
>>13600324
Not saying it wasnt popular in 1979, but Tomino liking star wars doesnt equate to everyone like starwars
>>
>>13600337
>every gbwc champr is a MG

Shut up go away
>>
File: thunderbolt.jpg (241 KB, 864x487) Image search: [Google]
thunderbolt.jpg
241 KB, 864x487
>>13600284
>OYW

Yep.
>>
I personally only own two mg's. Altron, because it doesn't have a decent hg, and full armor unicorn because it doesn't look good at 1/144.
>>
>>13600337
>You can only enjoy gunpla MY way. Your idea of having fun is WRONG
>>
>>13600364

for the record fa unicorn doesn't look good, so I pose it with just a shield and a gun. I just like the green psychoframe.
>>
File: gm-canard.jpg (118 KB, 286x513) Image search: [Google]
gm-canard.jpg
118 KB, 286x513
>>13600226
>http://gundameclipse.net/topic/5661252/7/

>From my understanding and exposure to unit sales, the GM family in general has always been in less demand than the Zeon counterpart.

Fucking Zeek Imperialist scum confirmed for ruining everything.
>>
>MG AGE-3 and AGE-FX will never truly be made now.

Oh well, I'm happy with the P-Bandai AGE-1 I have anyways.
>>
File: 1444788065579.gif (97 KB, 400x277) Image search: [Google]
1444788065579.gif
97 KB, 400x277
>>13600372
>yfw Feddies will take the 200th HG spot and Zeeks will get nothing
>>
>>13600372
Ya know, Since no one gives a shit about Wufei and Quatre why the fuck did Wufei get his Endless Waltz suit before Trowa?
>>
>>13600377

every time baby
>>
>>13600372
No, no, it's your fault for not buying more GMs.

Typical feddie tho, blaming everything on Zeon rather than taking responsibility for creating the situation in the first place.
>>
>>13600372
Just because it's true doesn't make it hurt less.
>>
>>13600337
Here's /v/ ruining this hobby one idiotic shitpost at a time.
>>
>>13600337
What if I like my toys big?
>>
File: 1434953397271.png (75 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
1434953397271.png
75 KB, 198x198
>>13600416

that's what she said
>>
>>13600377
Earthnoids pls go and stay go
>>
>P-Bandai Exclusives, P-Bandai Exclusives everywhere
I am pretty sure they'll renege on this in a couple of years once the Gundam Move Project goes into full swing.
>>
>>13600337
>muh elitism
>muh superior builder skillz
>muh exclusive hobby

1/10 made me respond. Enjoy your (You), you miserable fuck.
>>
>>13600392
>>13600372
The problem with the GM line is that most of the ones released are the formulaic and basic frames. Few people go for the unique designs, like the GM Striker (sexy beast btw).
I say this as a Zeek.
>>
>>13600438
>1/10 made me respond.
You missed the perfect joke
>1/144 made me respond.
>>
File: 1412459464388.png (154 KB, 553x460) Image search: [Google]
1412459464388.png
154 KB, 553x460
>>13600532

I c what u did there. I like it and I give you a mentos.
>>
>>13600532
LMAO, thanks anon. I needed that.
>>
>>13600532
>Not 1/100.

Good one though.
>>
File: 1376996747913.jpg (188 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1376996747913.jpg
188 KB, 600x800
>>13600226

Someday...
>>
>HGs are for snapfags because they have a low number of parts
>MGs are for snapfags because they're big and have gimmicks
>RGs are for snapfags because they look great out of box
>SDs are for snapfags because they appeal to pedophiles
Is there a grade that ISN'T for snapfags, /m/?
>>
>>13600337

this...

this is bait, right? ain't no way anybody can be this invested in such a stupid fuckin opinion, right?
>>
>>13600560
Does the original gundam kit from 1979/80 count?
>>13600559
Baund Doc never
Hyzenthlay II Rah never
>>
>>13600547

hyzenthlay has a resin.
>>
>>13600568

... Anon's making a sarcastic statement about how the fans of each grade are calling the others for snapfags with silly reasons.

At least, I hope that anon is.
>>
>>13600226
I would have loved the RE line if they kept making huge and outlandish kits like the did with Nightingale (i.e. Zamel), but since that kit sold like shit all we'll be getting are normal designs that should have been MG's from the very beginning.
>>
>>13600560
1:1 and PG
Two grades not for snapfags.
>>
>>13600600
PGs are just bigger and more out of box detailed than MGs, though, so the same logic should apply.
>>
>>13600559
>Palace fucking Athene gets an HG
>Baund Doc nothing
It was so shit that Bandai tried to erase it from the face of Earth.
>>
>>13600560
WAVE and Volks plamo.
>>
>>13600226
Fuck 'em.

If Bandai refuses to innovate, others will step up to take their place.

I already have the only new 1/100 kit work getting right now on pre-order, and it ain't from them.
>>
>>13600632

we're getting woundwort too apparently next year.

I really hope bandai learns a lesson. though they probably won't.
>>
>>13600337
My entire room is filled with snapfitted MGs. I hope that bothers you enough to kill yourself :)
>>
>>13600652

3rd party I should clarify.
>>
>>13600655
Likewise.

It's not snap-fags who ruin this hobby for the everyone, it's the vocal minority of try-hard elitists who think that painting their already color moulded toy model kits makes them artists.

This is not a taunt to those of you out there who do paint and mod and create beautiful things for themselves and others to enjoy. I respect people who do that.

But there are plenty of jerk offs out there who insist on forgetting that these are toy action figure model kits, marketed primarily at kids, and that Gunpla is FREEDOM. People should be happy to enjoy the hobby however they like, regardless of how much effort or how little effort they are putting into it.

Reality check- snapfags are what keep this industry afloat. Bandai knows it, it's why they have continued to improve and refine their color molding process over the years.

End rant
/mikedrop
>>
>>13600560

not from bandai, no

that's the whole idea is they sell to as many people as possible, including the snapfriends
>>
>>13600718
>Gunpla is FREEDOM
>Three Times the Passion of Ordinary Flamenco playing in the distance
>>
>>13600732

>not https://youtu.be/aU4j-0adqmQ
>>
>>13600748
Straya pls go
>>
>>13600346
In Japan right now, there's advertising and merch for the new Star Wars EVERYWHERE... and nobody gives a fuck. Seriously nobody cares at all. There are more children in the Gunpla corner at Bic Camera Shinjuku than at the Star Wars corner. In fact the only people I've seen at the Star Wars corners in stores are tourists.
>>
>>13600819

>Their Star Wars line will fail because they can't sell overseas
>Bandai making losses

I see how Disney operates...
>>
>>13600882
if I had a pic of Mickey with a Death Note this would be where to post it
>>
>>13600718
Dude most snapfags are adults in their 30s, not kids
>>
So, they're basically scared to take a risk or go back and cover shit that isn't Vanilla 0079, Unicorn or Seed? That's fucking retarded.
>>
Makes sense. I'd been suspecting that Bandai was hitting the end of viable suits when we started getting all the P-Bandai stuff the last few years.

I do hope we see a few more 2.0s down the line though.
>>
>>13600226
Most of this is because Bandai refuses to retire molds and keeps everything in production.

A LOT of the early 1.0 suits should be retired. Anything after a certain date should probably be phased out with a future 2.0 replacing it. Maybe do a special "blast from the past" run every anniversary or so with the old molds.

FFS, you can still find the original RX-78-2, and that looks like some sort of ancient fossil.
>>
>>13601258
That is an excellent point. A lot of Gunpla needs to be retired.

Most of the MG kits pre MG Freedom just need to be left on the shelves and not have anything reissued for another 10 years.

Also give us MG Build Burning so Bandai has a frame to reuse for a MG Shining/God/Master/Shuffle Alliance 2.0 set. There's almost an entire year of MG's from that thought alone.

G-Reco also has serious MG potental, but they're afraid or the Gunpla didn't sell that well or some shit.
>>
>>13601258
>>13601269
agreed, many of the old kits are really shit and ancient by today's standards
problem is that anything that wasn't the main suit is gonna get the p-exclusive label
>>
>>13601280
And most of the international community can't access those because of how the P-Bandai system works.

Speaking of which, how can we get Derringer in here to discuss how we get a Webshop opened up here in the states? If we're about to enter the era of P-Bandai for all of us who want MG's then we need to be able to order them without going through scalpers or Mandrake.
>>
>>13601289
They already have P-Bandai stuff in the states, look at all the S.H. Figuarts stuff that are Web exclusive that are chilling in B&N. It's just a matter of when for GunPla. Even this P-Bandai thing from MegaHouse is going to be available in the U.S.

http://p-bandai.jp/chara/c0010/item-1000100238/
>>
>>13601258
>Most of this is because Bandai refuses to retire molds and keeps everything in production.

Would you rather have no kit or one with that would look good with some paint? The 1/100 F91 and Victory kids are okay with lining and details painted on.
>>
>RE
>as expensive as simple master grade
>shitty articulation
>average details

Bandai stop jewing us
>>
>>13601198
This just in- adults in their 30s are more likely to have other distractions, such as family and jobs, to preclude them putting as much time and effort into their hobby as younger builders might, and thus, are more likely to be snap builders.

Shocking development Diane, more at 11.
>>
>>13600226
>"X line of toy is dead" meme
stop with this bullshit and go back to /toy/ and complain because business comanies doesn't make the exact toy you want every month
>>
>>13600226
I believe in what Derringer said. People are buying fewer Gunpla and it's harder for Bandai to find design that could appeal to a broad range of audience. So instead they focus on niches and charge higher prices. Hence the birth of PB.

Guys, if you haven't bought Sazabi Ver. Ka, it could a Christmas present because it's probably the last of quality MG.
>>
>>13601380
No the hardcore ones would continue to buy, except it's completed products (RD or MB) that they would be spending money on.
>>
>>13600559
Can we have a HGUC or RE/100 of this guy plz?
>>
>>13600560
Snapbuilder here, I'd love to make a RG someday.

I just fear, with the small parts involved, that I'd probably lose something during he build.
>>
>>13601397
Most toy lines that die aren't 15 year old flagship lines of an entire hobby, though.
>>
>>13601415
>So instead they focus on niches and charge higher prices. Hence the birth of PB.

Consdiering that's the route that most anime is currently taking (pandering solely to the niche Otaku market and selling them BD's in the thounsands of dollars range, because Otaku are the only ones willing to shill out that much), this business move doesn't sound at all unreasonable, as much as I hate to admit.
>>
File: el-05.jpg (166 KB, 700x494) Image search: [Google]
el-05.jpg
166 KB, 700x494
>>13601258
>>13601269
>>13601280
>retiring kits
Thank God you aren't working at Bandai.
Those old kits are GOLD.
They are cheap and there is a shit load of design that will NEVER get any other release. For example the old MA gunpla for the original series, or any non-Gundam suit from Victory, or the few Turn A gunpla.
With a some work put on i most of them will look fantastic.

Just look at this beauty right here:
http://matmat825.blog69.fc2.com/blog-category-47.html
>>
>>13601476
I was referring to the old MGs
>>
>>13601490
Same.
They are cheaper and easier to mod, given the lack of a highly complicated frame.
And some of those designs will never get a 2.0 release anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x148) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x148
Meh
What's the big deal about Gunpla anyway
>>
>>13601429
RG kits are super underwhelming both in the build and finished work. simple to mod but that's all you'll get from em.
>>
>>13601470
Yea hence why I believe in what Derringer said.
>>
>>13600632
Dragon Momoko has the Tallgeese 3 for half the price than bandai, but thé reviews for it are pretty bad. there's alot of work that needs to be done on the builders part to make this kit worth the money, but if DM worked on their problems more, they could give bandai a good run for their money.
>>
>>13601627

I saw a video review of this, and I don't remember anything bad about it. Maybe a seamline or 2 and a loose part here and there. Nothing serious. Unless I'm forgetting things?
>>
>>13601627
their Strike is fucking really good, so is their Akatsuki and I'm sure that Destiny with the Metal Build look will BTFO bandai's MG
>>
>>13601634
The Destiny Metal Build is Bandai's already, it's just a bootleg at that point.
>>
>>13601665
more affordable at least, as the MB Destiny is like 300 dollaritos, although apparently they will rerelease it with different marking along the WoL set, but that will still be expensive as fuck
>>
am I the only person that never got the point of Master Grades? What is the point of an internal skeleton that you cannot see? To me that just adds weight what even the point?
>>
>>13601631
It's just all around less sharp. Dragon Momoko consistently works off of pre-existing molds, so their TG III is just the MG TG I with modified parts from the 1/100 TG III. Similarly, their Akatsuki is just the MG Strike vRM with parts from the 1/100 Akatsuki.

Bandai is Bandai, so even their older molds are pretty great. But there's a very dramatic difference between DM's stapled-together TG III and the legitimate MG, most noticeable in the head (especially the plume). And, you know, plastic quality, fitting, etc.

A lot of people like to pretend that 3rd parties are in any way an actual substitute for Bandai because they're angry about P-Bandai, but at the end of the day it's a fact that Bandai is miles better than any third party will ever be. Even the really good ones. And that's fine, it'd be pretty sad if they weren't.
>>
>>13601679
>What is the point of an internal skeleton that you cannot see?
If you want to make a diorama of a construction site with a gunpla... you got half of your work done by bandai!
>>
>>13601675
Milton Bradley destiny? americans have weird laws.
>>
>>13601679
The inner frame gives the kit some weight, increases the amount of parts separation possible so there's less painting needed, and generally tends to give a boost to articulation. A lot of people also like to mess around with detailing the inner skeleton and displaying the MG with some parts off in a hangar diorama.

More cynically, it also enables to Bandai to cut down on development costs for similar MGs. Like, someone at the top was bitching that all five initial SEED and Wing suits got MGs? It's because they almost all shared the same inner frame, so development was easier.
>>
>>13601706
I see. Like the same frames of Gundams and GMs. Different Zakus.
>>
>>13601712

now if you could only learn everything else we're trying to teach you
>>
>>13601665
lol got shipping quote for bootleg metal build destiny. the shipping costs more than the actual kit. FUCKING BOOTLEGGERS STOP USING GIANT SIZED BOXES TO MAKE UP YOUR PROFIT
>>
>>13601733
Wow it's like you're ordering from a country thousands of miles away!
Nah but seriously it's pretty much the same as ordering big kits from Japan, just pick up whatever third party decals you want to combine shipping
>>
>>13601712
You got it!

Though actually, the original Gundam kind of stood out for getting its inner frame almost entirely redesigned every time there was a truly new release. I think the Origin version is the first to basically just wholesale recycle something, and to be fair to Bandai the 2.0's frame is absolutely something that should be recycled.
>>
>>13601750
...And on a closer look, it turns out that the Origin has an entire unique inner frame too, just with a bunch of stuff they learned from the 2.0 and its variant. Good on Bandai then.
>>
I think someone cracked Snapshit's trip.
>>
>>13601775
Then they need to make sure his trip gets banned.
>>
>>13601680
Bandai chose to give an amazing redesign to the Destiny Metal Build, for those willing to pay the exorbitant prices that come with it, but don't give two shits about the Gunpla fans stuck with the lackluster old MG Destiny.

When Bandai decides to make a Destiny 2.0 that looks like >>13600632
Then they can have more of my money, till then, it goes to DM.
>>
>>13601988
Bandai Hobby and Bandai's action figure department aren't the same branch. In fact, they compete! It's why the Wing TV designs got RDs while the model kits got the Katoki redesigns.

So you're kind of barking up the wrong tree.

Aside from that, you need to step back and take a deep breath. I'm not saying you should never buy from DM, I'm saying that any third party kit will always be inferior to a true Bandai equivalent. There is both a MG TG III and a DM TG III, and the MG is better. There is going to be a DM MB Destiny, but there isn't a MG equivalent so of course you should get the DM version. There's no other option!

But if Bandai ever /did/ release a Destiny 2.0 styled after the Metal Build, I can guarantee you it would blow DM's out of the water.
>>
File: frame.jpg (198 KB, 960x730) Image search: [Google]
frame.jpg
198 KB, 960x730
>>13602067
The only thing Bandai is doing better is QC, and that's because they have more experience and better facilities. Even Kotobukiya can't compete with them in that regard.

As far as engineering and design goes, the 3rd party companies can easily surpass Bandai. Just look at anything from Elyn or Mechanicore. This is the same situation as how it was before the 3rd party Transformers boom, but now most 3rd party TF companies have surpassed Hasbro in almost every way possible. A big contributing factor to that was also how Hasbro and Takara shifted their focus into more kiddy appeal with easier transformations, similar to how Bandai is now shifting its focus to just OYW and SEED.
>>
>>13601490
Have you ever considered that some people have taste and don't automatically prefer whatever stupid sculpt Bandai shits out for a new version?

>>13601988
> lackluster old MG Destiny.
Yeah it just looks exactly like it should and has every actually useful bit of articulation except for a torso crunch, how terrible.
>>
File: 2.0-vs-1.0.jpg (197 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
2.0-vs-1.0.jpg
197 KB, 1280x1024
>>13601490
A lot of 1.0's aren't invalidated by 2.0's. Hyaku-Shiki, for example, have distinctly different details and proportions in both its MG iterations, and the old kit is actually the one that is more lineart accurate, despite its dated engineering.
>>
File: MC 104-81.jpg (92 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
MC 104-81.jpg
92 KB, 800x800
>>13602146
>The only thing Bandai is doing better is QC
I would add that they do it better by a very large margin

>bent tail fin on Penelope
>>
File: layzner-exia.jpg (308 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
layzner-exia.jpg
308 KB, 1024x678
What I think the MG line really ought to do is expand to properties outside of Gundam. They did it before with Dunbine and Patabor, and then did a similar line (Real Robot Revolution) for L-Gaim, Layzner, and Xabungle. Since Bandai owns Sunrise, they have a ton of designs they could choose from.

Just imagine a proper MG L-Gaim Mk-I, MG Dragonar, or hell even MG GaoGaiGar.
>>
>>13602162
Shiki 2.0 was intended to be reused (Shiki Kai, Mega Shiki, Delta Kai, Zero Shiki, etc), while 1.0 is the more faithful to the original design.
>>
>>13602171
They already found out they could milk these better with RD.
>>
>>13602171
As cool as that is to some they just don't have the mass appeal which makes it worth while. At best a sort of HG would be more profitable
>>
File: G Self.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
G Self.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>no more MG
that'd suck. I like MGs and there still isn't any MGs for the last couple gundam series.
>>13602171
>hell even MG GaoGaiGar.
>MG GaoGaiGar
final fusion approved
>>
File: IMAG0314~2.jpg (164 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0314~2.jpg
164 KB, 500x389
>>13602163
Bent pieces have more to do with how parts are packaged than how the kit is designed, baka. Like how my MG Sandrock's shotel blades are all bent right out of the box.

Usualy, 3rd party kits have loose joints, parts that won't fit together properly, or bad instructions. Not just 3rd party, ANY company that isn't Bandai. Kotobukiya, Wave, Hasegawa, Volks, you name it. When you compare 3rd party to those other non-Bandai plamo makers, you see that they are on par if not even better than them. I have one of those Volks FSS models and the QC and parts fit and engineering is actually worse than any of my MC Gundooms.
>>
>>13602175
Bandai Hobby isn't Tamashii Nations. Unlike Bandai Hobby, Tamashii Nations likes taking a lot of risks, which is why we get so many more obscure designs and radical redesigns. Stuff like Metal Build Astray Gold Frame Amatsu is something that Bandai Hobby would never even consider making an MG of that isn't a webshop exclusive.
>>
>>13602186
In Penelope's case, it's a systematic QC problem. In additional to the kit pictured, I have personally come across two kits with exactly the same problem.
>>
What he said there doesn't mean no more MGs, just less which makes sense as they have gone through most of the big designs that they can sometimes twice. This also means they'll focus on different lines more

I'll take that over them releasing the same MG kits again
>>
>>13602190
Just saying as far as that battle goes (whether to release those design on plamo or not), we already know which side has won (and it's not Bandai Hobby).
>>
>>13602162
>the old kit is actually the one that is more lineart accurate

I hate the argument that being accurate to the original lineart means its a better kit.

The 2.0 looks better to me. Improvements can be made to a design. Not in every case, but sometimes they can. Hyaku-Shiki 2.0 is a case where the design was improved.
>>
>>13602197
They're two different companies though, they are competing with each other. The niche for plastic models of those designs released in RD still exists, but Bandai Hobby is just too lazy to exploit it.
>>
>>13602205
I like the 2.0 too. But lineart accuracy is a big draw to many people. That's why stuff like the Transformers Masterpiece line exists.
>>
>>13602208
I'll say it again in case you missed it.

Bandai Hobby has lost that race. Hence said design are unlikely to get MG release.
>>
>>13602211
Damn straight! Look at MG RX-78-2 2.0... how many of you actually bought it?

I don't and I won't. To me it's a retro piece of shit.
>>
File: tears of time.jpg (25 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
tears of time.jpg
25 KB, 600x450
>>13602195
>just less which makes sense as they have gone through most of the big designs
-no G-Self
-No AGE3/FX
-nothing from BFT (except red warrior)
-Still absolutely nothing from Frozen Teardrop
-crap ton of other side characters that deserve MGs.
b-but theres lots more
>>
>>13602212
Obviously at this point Bandai Hobby isn't even considering it, which is why we are at the situation we have as described in the OP. What I'm trying to say is that doing so would give them more benefit than loss. But right now, they're just too cowardly to try it, and opt out on P-Bandai everything instead.
>>
>>13602162
>the old kit is actually the one that is more lineart accurate
Which is pretty sad because it's not every accurate to start with.

>>13602173
Many of the design changes hurt Kai just as badly and Mega Shiki is a Delta Gundam variant. Zero Shiki doesn't really share much to start with either.

>>13602186
Volks is practically a GK maker, I'm not sure what you're expecting.

>>13602216
Well you're also a faggot.
>>
>>13600255
>they are finally released
>P-Bandai exclusive
>>
File: 1446103560764.jpg (472 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446103560764.jpg
472 KB, 1600x1200
>>13602190
>Tamashii Nations likes taking a lot of risks, which is why we get so many more obscure designs and radical redesigns like Metal Build Astray Gold Frame Amatsu
bless them
>>
>>13602221
Again
>big designs
I like the G-Self a lot but it isn't a big hitter design like a Unicorn is, but the unicorn well is dry now and they just can't make any more. So instead of getting a load of variants and 2.0s we will just get a few less popular ones each year like the G-Self
>>
>>13602162
enjoy your fat horrid shit
>>
>>13602241
fuck off with your anorexia Nagano
>>
File: IMAG0303.jpg (330 KB, 600x765) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0303.jpg
330 KB, 600x765
>>13602235
>Volks is practically a GK maker, I'm not sure what you're expecting.

I've had experience with both Wave and Hasegawa and believe me when I say neither of them are much better quality, especially Wave, which is much worse than Volks. Volks also destroys them when it comes to detail and sculpt (hell, its arguably even better than Bandai), but that has a lot to do with its GK origins.
>>
>>13602222
When Bandai Hobby makes something general release, they're committing to printing that kit for years down the line. So they want whatever they're selling to be worth the costs of designing all the new runners and maintaining them.

When Tamashii Nations makes something, they just print out a fixed amount of copies and ships them out. They do well? Maybe it'll get a re-release two. It doesn't? Well forget that thing then.

What I am getting at here is that P-Bandai is literally the exact same thing Tamashii Nations does.
>>
>>13602171
>(Real Robot Revolution) for L-Gaim, Layzner, and Xabungle.

Didn't RRR get cancelled because it sold like shit? I still remember HLJ clearing out the Layzner for like 80% off a few years back. Maybe that's why only 3 kits were made.
>>
>>13600226
I blame Seedfags, wingfags, and thinderbolt for this

fuck all of you
>>
It's going to be a special kind of hell when the MG G-Self eventually rolls out.
>Regular release only comes with one pack
>Every other pack is a P-Bandai exclusive
>If Bandai wants to be especially dickish, each separate pack gets its price inflated by an added MG G-Self
>Each P-Bandai MG G-Self comes out six months to a year after the last release, so as not to have each one competing for sales
>Releases are in order of when they appeared in the anime, so anyone wanting an MG Perfect Pack has to wait forever
>>
>>13602262
I think it was only Layzner and maybe L-Gaim that sold badly, the Walker Gallia sold like hotcakes and the Votoms line (which was also originally part of the line) sold REALLY well, enough to make like 10 different versions of the mold and sell them at normal retail instead of P-Bandai. Same with the Macross Frontier Valkyries, which were also unoffical MGs in how they were designed. I'm not really sure why they stopped.
>>
>>13602270
There is no way we'd ever get G-self with all the backpacks, not even the HGs did

At most even if the MG line was really alive we'd get 1 variant, probably reflector or perfect (if the kit didn't already have that)
>>
>>13602270
P-Bandai has greatly expanded in scope in recent years, but it still sticks to the basic tenet of only adding one or two new runners to an existing kit.

Of the G Self's backpacks, only Space and Reflector could conceivably be made with so few runners. Everything else would have to be general release, it wouldn't be cost effective otherwise.
>>
>>13600532
hello reddit
>>
>>13602216
>being double contrarian
kill yourself LOL
>>
File: 59E.jpg (189 KB, 1574x1073) Image search: [Google]
59E.jpg
189 KB, 1574x1073
>>13602270
>thinks Tricky pack would actually get a MG and not be completely ignored
come on dude. This is coming from someone who likes the tricky pack
>>
>>13602294
If they made a HG I would buy it. Probably in a heartbeat.
>>
>>13600257
yeah and whos fault is that?

Seed's popularity is unwarranted and grossly overestimated in the US

if anything, it was popular in southeast asia like wing and G gundam were in the USA

saying they have no designs is bullshit. whenever they have a limited release of something like the novel banshee or a repro of nightingale they sell out fast. a better business plan would be to make small releases of stuff that isnt as popular like 00 (which btw was popular in SEA), GBF, and G Reco. That way they wont spend so much making them and the few they fo make will sell out since theyll be so rare
>>
>>13600568
I've seen elitists like this irl at competitions, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is serious.
>>
>>13600337
It's like you didn't watch build fighters.
gunpla is not so elitist hobby, gunpla is freedom. Gunpla builders may use the kits they buy too their hearts content,some may choose to only snap a kit and if that's their choice so be it and if they choose to go all out let them. But do not force other people to enjoy the hobby the way you do just because you think it's the only way.
>>
>>13600560
n/a scratch build grade
>>
>>13602445
It seems you didn't watch Try. Gunpla isn't about freedom, that will mean you lose.

No, gunpla is about trying to destroy your enemies at all cost no mater what you have to go through including actual physical pain. You must only care about winning and fighting certain people so you can beat them
>>
File: damn you.gif (937 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
damn you.gif
937 KB, 480x270
>>13602461
You! it's because of people like you this sacred hobby was ruined!!!
>>
File: 18729946272_b049e1933b_b.jpg (285 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
18729946272_b049e1933b_b.jpg
285 KB, 1024x768
>>13602270
>>If Bandai wants to be especially dickish, each separate pack gets its price inflated by an added MG G-Self
There's only 3 packs that can share the same G-Self to start with.

>>13602282
They'd definitely do all of Flight, Space, and Perfect somehow or other, even if one of the former two is a web exclusive pack or whatever.

Assault and Tricky are way too big for MG (look at the fucking size of HG Assault's box) and Torque is pretty impractical from an engineering standpoint as well as also pretty fucking big.
>>
>>13600226
Well, at least third party companies are stepping up and doing MG Advance of Zeta mobile suits. That side story (Flag of The Titans, not the new shit) is basically UC Build Fighters.
>>
>>13602445
IRL Gunpla is a relaxing hobby where most of the people who participate in it are chill people who don't care, but almost everyone who tries to make a name for themselves or who takes it seriously winds up being a colossal douche.

That's why I stopped trying to engage with some of the more well known gunpla groups and going to events. Huge amount of elitist manchildren. .
>>
>>13602591
>That's why I stopped trying to engage with some of the more well known gunpla groups and going to events. Huge amount of elitist manchildren. .

You mean like gpg?
>>
>>13602601
Or excessive faggots who never learn.
>>
>>13602601
but that was different
you see in the gunpla general people post wip of what they're working on and see how they could improve it weather it was a snap build or not
(or at least it was suppose to be this way)
Other snap builders posted what they were working on and nobody gave them the negative press you got because you intentionally maxed out the image limit every time with the same pictures of your collection or of random builds you found online leading to the death of those generals
>>
Pretty sure Bandai still has Pizza Cats rights. They should make some new Pizza Cats models, Americans would buy those up.
>>
>>13601706
>More cynically, it also enables to Bandai to cut down on development costs for similar MGs. Like, someone at the top was bitching that all five initial SEED and Wing suits got MGs? It's because they almost all shared the same inner frame, so development was easier.

The thing is, since we already have MG Jesta's frame, why would Bandai even consider making a RE 100 Jegan over an MG Jegan? They have literally identical frames. It would result in a more costly Jegan as an MG, but the development costs for the MG, which would only be for the armor and weapons, would be much lower than that of a RE-100, which is an entirely new kit. Not to mention the countless repaints and accessory packs.
>>
>>13602622
>Other snap builders posted what they were working on and nobody gave them the negative press you got because you intentionally maxed out the image limit every time with the same pictures of your collection or of random builds you found online leading to the death of those generals

It was my first smartphone? Also I wasn't unaware there was some kind of image size limit if there was it wouldn't let me post and it's not in the rules. I only made the images smaller because it was bothering people.
>>
>>13600301

Well, because there are only so many Unicorn and Banshee variants you can make, I'm sure.
>>
>>13602665
There should be only so many RX-78 kits you can make BUT HERE WE FUCKING ARE!
>>
File: m168_22.jpg (70 KB, 409x700) Image search: [Google]
m168_22.jpg
70 KB, 409x700
>>13602637
>They have literally identical frames
Not actually.
>>
>>13602651
sounds like b8 but I'll bite
How new are you to this site?
every thread has a max amount of images you can post in it before it maxes out and no more can be posted
>>
File: rsz_img_20151011_214924.jpg (730 KB, 1280x949) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20151011_214924.jpg
730 KB, 1280x949
>>13601258
I have that, the original.
>>
>>13602651
Nice try playing dumb you obnoxious faggot, you knew we didn't want you to spam those images because of all the complaints in every thread and you did it anyway because you really wanted our attention. Well guess what, you got it, and I hope to god that a mod shows up on /m/ soon so that the first thing everyone can do is report your ass for a permaban.
>>
>>13602673
They haven't even done all the major RX-78 variants yet. God knows they've gotten a lot closer with the 2.0 FAs though.
>>
>>13602637
> why would Bandai even consider making a RE 100 Jegan over an MG Jegan?
Milk us once with RE together with the gazillion number of PB only variants, then when we were like fucked it Bandai will redo the whole thing on MG line?
>>
>>13602665
Excluding all the clear color, titanium finish, ANA / 7/11 color variants, I think there are twelve RX-0 variants they could make in MG.
>>
>>13602591
Essentially, any hobby I've gotten in to has had the same deal.

Anyone who wants to be an authority in or the face of that hobby is someone you probably want to avoid. Those people are usually narcissistic and very elitist.

I learned this before I ever got in to gunpla and I see it here as well with folks like thosegundamguys, those team carbon guys etc.

Just build your kits and enjoy yourself.
>>
>>13602691
Is that the one they used to trace for the shows animation?
>>
File: rsz_img_20151011_212534.jpg (547 KB, 759x1024) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20151011_212534.jpg
547 KB, 759x1024
>>13602691
Playing with camera angles can make it somewhat nice, I guess?
>>
>>13600372
GMs are effectively competing with Gundams for sales, is the problem. Especially the more mundane ones that are outright simplified Gundams (although they have the advantage of being cheap to make at least)

I hope somewhere down the road RE/100 gets bored enough with itself to give us the proper GM II Bandai has been jewing us out of since they designed the original MG GM with its waist and head details.
>>
>>13600319
Is this recent? I bought an X-Wing kit from HLJ last Christmas.
>>
>>13601476
>Dat Gradient on Wing Zero's wing verniers

I just kinda wanna rub my dick all over it in a sexual manner. Is that bad?
>>
>>13602771
According to Hobby Search, Bandai banned all exports of their Starwars kits since September.
>>
>>13602265
>MUH UC SHIT
fuck you
>>
>>13602680
>How new are you to this site?
>every thread has a max amount of images you can post in it before it maxes out and no more can be posted

I've been an on and off poster on 4chan since 2006? I guess I'm a total newb right?

>>13602696
>I hope to god that a mod shows up on /m/ soon so that the first thing everyone can do is report your ass for a permaban.

Aw, you make me feel special! xoxo
>>
>>13602637
jesta shares nothing in common with the Jegan other than being GMs with a different name.
>>
>>13602191
My Penelope's tail binder isn't bent. The V-fin is though.
>>
>>13602622
>you see in the gunpla general people post wip of what they're working on and see how they could improve it weather it was a snap build or not

Not anymore, they dont.
>>
>>13602868
It doesn't matter how long you've been on 4chan, with the posts you make you're still new.
>>
>>13602868
>I've been an on and off poster on 4chan since 2006? I guess I'm a total newb right?

Somehow I doubt this.
>>
>>13600226
Well, at least I'm getting my V2
>>
>>13602868
>on and off poster since '06
>it was my first smartphone

Are you 50?
>>
>>13603042
You have to be old to not be glued to a smartphone 24/7 now?
>>
>>13602461
>yfw Meijin is all about "GUNPLA IS FREEDOM" in Try
>>13601568
Yeah fuck off
>>13601429
You have to be careful when snipping them off the runner, but they're pretty good otherwise. I have fucking gigantic hands and I still do OK. You will hate the fiddlier heads though.
>>
Whenever /m/ discusses sales and popularity, why do random people pretend to know more about consumer preferences than bandai themselves? It's not like they internally collect data about these sorts of things.
>>
>>13603081
Because Bandai makes really weird decisions.
>>
>>13603059
Way to strawman.
>>
>>13603089

How can we conclude its weird to stop making mgs when we don't know what sort of data they have? If they say they can't justify new mgs, I believe them. I don't want to, but I do.

Perhaps they should sell them on a made to order basis for a higher price. I am willing to pay more.
>>
>>13603081
Because they all think Bandai caters to gaijin instead of to Japanese people.
>>
>>13603089
Companies in general do.
>Hey, we've got two popular IPs. But IP 1 is 1% more profitable than IP 2.
>PUSH IP 1 PUSH IP 1 PUSH IP 1. KILL IP 2, IT'S NEVER GETTING ANYTHING MADE EVER AGAIN. AND THEN PUSH IP 1 MORE! GOTTA PUT ALL THOSE EGGS IN ONE BASKET!
>>
>>13603109
Still beats modern Konami, who are going full mobile/pachinko these days.
>>
>>13603101
At the moment, we don't actually have enough information to judge anything.

Derringer's quote argues about the immediate circumstances with Star Wars, the current catalog of do-able MGs, and Bandai's business practices. Bandai is unlikely to have Star Wars eat up their resources forever, as shows come out we'll get more suits which may be more feasible, and Bandai might stop reprinting their entire catalog because that's a fucking retarded business strategy.

RE making shitloads of sense right now over MG doesn't mean that it will be that way in the future.

Also, I was actually thinking of those sales projections for Age; the growth they anticipated is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>13603109

>I know more about massive corporations than massive corporations do!

Every time. Go buy some bn stock and show up at an investor meeting. Conduct research and try to prove that the series you like are more popular than they really are. You're just projecting your taste onto society with no justification.
>>
>>13603127
They know more about pocketing shekels, sure. But there should be more to life than that.
>>
>>13603105
>Because they all think Bandai caters to gaijin instead of to Japanese people.
Or, you know, maybe people think the opposite? That Bandai caters to the domestic market to the detriment of their overall sales? It's not like anyone can pretend like they don't have a history of sabotaging their television shows in the American market.
>>
>>13603091
Pretty sure the argument that I'm 50 because I got my first intelligent phone recently was the strawman.
>>
>>13603132
Because they dont give a fuck what filthy gaijin number 43 wants. Way to actually backup my point.
>>
>>13603143
Not really, no. Ad hominem at best, but that'd require reading too much into it.
>>
>>13602727

Fuck that. I want a 1/100 GM III.
>>
>>13603132
If by domestic market you mean "Most of Asia" then I guess? You'll have to explain how catering to a massive area is a bad thing though.

If we're talking Europe then there's some grounds for annoyance over Bandai not reaching west since they actually have a decently healthy model building scene, but if you're talking America you're kidding yourself. The entire hobby is dead in the water here, military and gunpla alike.

I wonder how many Americans here are old enough that they remember when the hobby actually /was/ popular?
>>
File: worth-comitting-sudoku-over.jpg (131 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
worth-comitting-sudoku-over.jpg
131 KB, 640x478
>>13603081
>why do random people pretend to know more about consumer preferences than bandai themselves?
>>
>>13603124
To be fair, AGE's gen 2 and gen 3 designs are pretty sweet, it's just that the show and the game weren't nowhere near good enough to make you want to buy a kit.
>>
>>13603195
I can't read moon runes, does this say Age actually sold, or are these estimates?
>>
File: no-new-mgs-they-said.jpg (142 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
no-new-mgs-they-said.jpg
142 KB, 800x533
>>13603200
>are these estimates

Yep.

Bandai likes to pretend AGE never existed though. ;_;
>>
>>13603195
Those were actually kind of reasonable estimates considering how huge AGE's toyline was and how surprisingly high quality everything was.

Nobody expected the show to be that bad.
>>
>>13603200

That was one of the many Bandai's ambitious goals for AGE, and they all pretty much failed miserably
>>
>>13603188
I remember walking into the anime shop at the Mall of Georgia last week and seeing more gunpla on the shelves than ever before. Super Fuminas, Origin Mobile Workers, IBO HGs, several UC and AU MGs, and two PGs up top.

Granted, it's Christmas time and stock tends to improve this time of year, but you didn't see any of THAT back in the early 00's when gunpla was "popular"

I was there, I know.
>>
>>13603213
The key words there are "anime shop".

If you go overseas to asia you can find gunpla in the toy aisles of regular department stores. There is an actual market for the place, as compared to a fairly limp wristed specialty shop only kind of thing.
>>
>>13603221
You know, your right.

None of any of that also applied to the Hobbytown USA 15 minutes down I-85 from the mall. Nope.
>>
>>13603229
Oh or the Barnes and Noble at the same mall which is now stocking IBO kits instead of just Wing and BF.
>>
...If you seriously think a dedicated hobby shop and a dying book store chain are in any comparable to a department store chain then this conversation is pointless. I may as well talk to a wall.
>>
>>13603213
Even back in the day it was mostly MSIAs in big box stores with smattering of gunpla.

Hell about the only way you'd see gunpla in big box stores today would likely be if GBF and Try make it on some cartoon station. Maybe IBO if they get it on TV, they seem to be going for a western release for it.
>>
>>13603301
Derringer has mentioned Hot Topic, GameStop will be starting to carry gundams soon too.

>>13603344

They don't want it in big box stores because that will artificially inflate the price and they would be forced to americanize all the packaging differently.
>>
>>13603188
dude the gunpla in the u.s. is more widely available and selling in higher numbers than in the old days.

2 factors account for this: Lots of online shops, and Amazon didn't exist back then in the powerful economic position it is now and physical stores that gunpla is currently in aren't bound by "seasonal" shelf layouts that all the large retailers use.
>>
>>13603205
still really jelly they didn't release MG FX.
>>
>>13603551
>jelly
>jealous
You mean salty, anon.

>>13603535
>Hot Topic
>Gunpla
I just don't even.
>>
I want the MG Leo that they were advertising as one of the next lines.
>>
>>13602868
If youve been here for so long im surprised you didnt know that youre being a total faggot by tripfagging and all that jazz.
>>
>>13602868
>I've been an on and off poster on 4chan since 2006?

Talking about shitty memes with your faggy friends through Xbox live while you're in 4th grade doesn't mean you've been to 4chan, Jimmy.
>>
>>13603573
They never advertised a mg leo. They showed leo as one of the designs that they are considering for an re100.
>>
>>13603200
>>13603211
>>13603209
>>13603195

That chart has been horribly misused over the years. It isn't describing sales, it's describing rate of hg releases. During AGE Bandai started pumping out kits faster so that they could time kit releases with in show appearances, rather than the kit coming out weeks or months later when hype for the design has died down.
>>
if there is no more MGs I'll never get my Ver KA Rozen Zulu
>>
>>13603749
You were never going to get it anyway.
>>
>>13602171
>>13602171
They should just get back the liscense of SRW OG from Koto.

I mean it has everything they like for MGs.
Designed mostly by Katoki and Katoki designs sell well.

And reusable frames. Gesphent frames and Huckbein frames and Lion frames everywhere.
>>
>>13602952
Pic of tail fin?
>>
File: right in the heart.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
right in the heart.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>13603813
it could happen...
>>
>>13604131

And then every single recolor except TROMBE will be a P-Bandai exclusive
>>
>>13600243
>All Seed main Gundams got MG
Where are Justice, Saviour, Providence/Legend, then?
>>
>>13604937
1/100s
>>
>>13603741

Even when you take the corrected information into consideration, that still sort of failed in terms of 1:144 HG kits released:

SEED/Destiny/Stargazer: 16 + 27 + 8 = 51 (Excludes MSV and Astray ones)

00 S1 / 00 S2: 21 + 39 = 60 (Excludes MSV and AotT kits)

>>
>>13604958
Speed of releases during airing, not total releases. Age kits came out at a faster rate during the airing of the series than Seed or 00 did. Those two just continued to get releases long after their own series ended while age stopped around August after it ended iirc with the last hg being granza.
>>
>>13604958
>(Excludes MSV and Astray ones)
>(Excludes MSV and AotT kits)
You need to include those in the tally. All in all, CE is the second largest in the overall Bandai gunpla release line after UC.
>>
>>13604972
Nevermind the august bit, it was April it turns out. The hg AGE line died only barely half a year after it finished airing, which considering yhe last couple series was just sad. Even the movie kits were p bandai and the swordia didn't even get anything despite them hyping its appearance in the movie.
>>
File: Revell archive.jpg (290 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Revell archive.jpg
290 KB, 1200x900
What you guys need to understand is that the most expensive part of model-making is not manufacture itself, but the mold-making ("tooling").

Each tool has to be carefully designed in CAD, then requires a number of mechanical steps (electric discharge, CNC drilling, laser etching) and costs over US$100,000 each in materials and machining alone, weighing over 200 kg. Companies like Revell still make plastic kits using half a century-old tools.

Plastic injection itself is the easiest part: polystyrene is dirt-cheap (that's why takeout cutlery is disposable) and each runner takes seconds to make in the injector.
>>
>>13604972

Fair enough, after digging through Dalong for information here's a more detailed release timeframe for SEED/00/AGE kits. The x/y are the # kits released during the show's broadcast / total # of kits

SEED: Oct 5th 2002 ~ Sept 27th 2003
HG lineup: Nov 2002 (Aile Strike) ~ May 2004 (METEOR)
10/16

SEED Destiny: Oct 9th 2004 ~ Oct 1st 2005
HG lineup: Nov 2004 (Force Impulse) ~ Sept 2007 (Dearka's ZAKU Phantom)
18/27

00 S1: Oct 6th 2007 ~ March 29th 2008
HG lineup: Oct 2007 (Exia) ~ Sept 2008 (GN Arms Type D) (TRANS-AM variants released in Jan 2009)
13/25

00 S1: Oct 5th 2008 ~ March 29th 2009
HG lineup: Sept 2008 (00 Gundam) ~ Dec 2009 (Masurao) (if you count the TRANS-AM variants it woud be Jan 2010)
15/35

HG lineup: Sept 2011 (AGE-1 Normal) ~ March 2013 (AGE-1 Gransa)
28/35

Well, a good chunk of kits released way after Destiny/00 aired are mostly re-using molds

>>13604974

The reason I only included the ones from animated properties was to ensure them being consistent. The HG SEED line has 59 kits (The SEED MSV and SEED Remaster line were considered seperate lines by Bandai) while HG 00 line has 72 kits from the MSV and movie
>>
>>13602237
Astrays are so ugly
>>
>>13605045
I always love seeing pics like this. I wonder what Bandai's catalog of molds would look like? I know they still reissue those ancient 0079 kits from time to time so they've probably got some neat stuff still around.
>>
>>13604937
They will probably do Justice in the next year and a half though, the problem is they didn't do it back when because I don't know, they were busy making Rick Dias or some shit and they couldn't do it with the GAT-X line. But now that there's a new Freedom they've got runners to reuse that aren't a decade old and both RG and RD did it.
>>
I just want an MG Arcane
>>
>>13606331
Dammit, I may not be that big of a seed fan, but i sure hope they give the side suits a re-release.

>>13606044
>tfw the VERY FIRST rx-78-2 mold is hidden there in a special corner of the warehouse
>>
File: 1433920369093.jpg (2 MB, 2393x1719) Image search: [Google]
1433920369093.jpg
2 MB, 2393x1719
>>13600226
>Bandai has more or less run out of designs to put in mg that have a mainstream audience and aren't cost prohibitive

Advance of Zeta kits send their regards.
>>
>>13607818
I'm a fan of the Titans Test Team designs (Hyzenthlay II Rah ftw), but I still don't get their fetish for power loader arms.
>>
>>13607823
Maybe it's just for the ''cool'' factor?
>>
>>13607850
The only thing I know is that they tried to find a way to justify their mechs using big-ass weapons or something.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.