[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the robot romance trilogy really any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 320x320
Is the robot romance trilogy really any good?
>>
>>13600134
>trilogy

It's a quadrilogy, anon. Possibly a pentalogy if you count Raideen, the second half was done by the same guy and there are a lot of similarities (like how the rival from that series voices the rival in every other series in the pack.)
>>
>>13600134
Fan fic
>>
>>13600134
Yes.
Voltes V in particular is a must watch. Combattler is also fun.

Daimos is not fully subbed but has a decent chunk of episodes done
>>
>>13600149

Reideen is not counted but is considered the predecessor to both the Nagahama Roman Robot Series and the Sunrise Super Robot Series.
>>
>>13600178
Yeah, it's not OFFICIAL, but it does share a couple things. Sort of a Series 0 to everything else.

If you're not counting Daltanius as part of the Robot Romance Series though, you're just plain wrong.
>>
>>13600134
>Robot
It's shit.
>>
>>13600134
Combattler is kinda eh. Voltes and Daimos are good.
>>
Voltes has a pretty good plot for a 70s show, while Combattler has a really great robot and a lot of good episodes. Daimos, I don't know about, waiting for it to get fully subbed if that ever happens.

What I'm wondering about is where the spinoff and crossover manga are. These shows had huge potential for that. I heard something about one of them having a Battle Machine 6, allowing Combattler to become Combattler V 6?
>>
>>13600852
Daimos was pretty fun. Watching a martial artist pummel his enemies with a giant trailer truck that transforms into a robot using trace technology twenty years before G Gundam was pretty nice. The love story was pretty cliché though.
>>
>>13600178
Ignore that obnoxious tripshit, anon.
>>
>>13600859
this
Daimos is well worth watching. And the RICHAAAAAAARD ERIIKAAAAAAAAAA dub encode adds to the old robot cartoon is-ness of the whole thing.
>>
>>13600890
>RICHAAAAAAARD
>ERIIKAAAAAAAAAA
I chastise myself everyday for actually believing that Kazuya's actual name was Richard.
The liberties people took when editing a story before airing, goddamn.
>>
>>13600134
needs more Daltanius. oh well, a certain manga fixed that.
>>
>>13600909
>tfw the dub you watched as a kid used Kazuya

Feels good.
>>
>>13600134
All three are solid although Voltes V's first quarter is sluggish, especially after the awesome as fuck first episode.
>>
>>13600250
Combattler had a great first half. The second half... it had it's moments but as a whole the new villians were kind of lame and those obnoxious kids kind of ruined it.
>>
>>13600852
Yuuichi Hasegawa did the crossover series. None of them are scanlated so far, however.
>waiting for it to get fully subbed if that ever happens
I did convince Kaixe Rho with the possibility of coming up with dubtitles, so we'll see if that pans out.
>>
>>13600149
Raideen itself is a trilogy.
>>
>>13601777
It's a franchise, but not a trilogy, the different entries have no actual shared content as far as I know (unless Chouja happens to have some later on, not done with that one yet.)

...Not counting the Raideen x Reideen pachinko, of course, as cool as DOUBLE GOD ARROW is that's still a pachinko and doesn't count.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.