[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I watch Ultraman x and the other new series without any knowledge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 6547728_orig.jpg (247 KB, 635x800) Image search: [Google]
6547728_orig.jpg
247 KB, 635x800
Can I watch Ultraman x and the other new series without any knowledge of the past shows? Is it like Kamen Rider where each series is self contained? Any series you'd recommend?
>>
File: ult-x-12-gina-angleview.jpg (65 KB, 848x477) Image search: [Google]
ult-x-12-gina-angleview.jpg
65 KB, 848x477
X has a bunch of teamup and guest episodes, but (so far) the one that's really related to previous shows is the three-parter with pic related since that's a direct followup to Ultra Fight Victory.
>>
>>13598415
So would I just get by with watching Ultra Fight Victory?
>>
>>13598442
I didnt watch it when I saw the episode and had no problem.
>>
>>13598457
Alright. I'll give it a go and see if I get by.
>>
I guess I'll just go ahead and use this same thread for another question. Is Ginga and Ginga S any good?
>>
>>13598525
Ginga is pretty bad but Ginga S is a ton of fun
>>
>>13598442

The enemy in the X three parter is the sister of the bad guy defeated in Ultra Fight Victory.

Literally all you need to know.
>>
Watch Mebius, I just got into ultra shit with X and this is awesome.
>>
File: 1208224_1.jpg (694 KB, 1000x1410) Image search: [Google]
1208224_1.jpg
694 KB, 1000x1410
>>13598400
>Can I watch Ultraman x and the other new series without any knowledge of the past shows?

Absolutely. 100% absolutely. Works perfectly well as a standalone.

>Is it like Kamen Rider where each series is self contained?

Yes, that's been the trend for a pretty long time now.

>Any series you'd recommend?

Ultraseven X.
Ultraman Nexus.
Ultraman Ginga S (much better than vanilla Ultraman Ginga).

And dude, you have GOT to watch 2009's "Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie" -- it's fucking AMAZING.
>>
Mebius ain't bad.

I personally really like the Superior 8 Ultra Brothers movie. Overdosing on hope, dreams, and optimistism never felt so satisfying.
>>
>>13599329
>>13599426
>>13599469
Thanks for all the suggestions.
>>
>>13599426
It's a great movie. Somehow the CGI enviroments were fucking amazing.
I like Zero better though, it's just more fun
>>
File: ultramanguide_edit.jpg (2 MB, 1200x4650) Image search: [Google]
ultramanguide_edit.jpg
2 MB, 1200x4650
>>13598400
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.