[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you watched The Next Generation Patlabor? Is it shit? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Have you watched The Next Generation Patlabor? Is it shit?

I'm waiting for subs but it seems no one cares.
>>
I watched first two episodes but I'll wait subs for rest.
>>
>>13592841
I hope you're patient, because Skaro is doing it. Granted, it doesn't help that the show is pretty challenging, translation-wise.
>>
How well are the DVD/BDs of the older stuff selling? I wonder if Section 23 would consider picking up Next Gen.
>>
Holy shit episode 1 was so good, the only thing that's missing is the Ultraman Seven uniforms
>>
>>13595102
>Ultraman Seven
Chaiyo?
>>
>>13592877
>the show is pretty challenging, translation-wise

How so?
>>
File: SV2_Weeding_is_srs_bsns.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SV2_Weeding_is_srs_bsns.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Only seen all the mini-series episodes. Haven't seen the movie.
>>
>>13592877
You can kinda-sorta watch it without subs since most episodes draw references from the TV series.
>>
>>13597161
thanks skeleton
>>
>>13597152
I'll leave this here from their Project Status update:
>As I’ve mentioned many times before, this show is crazy hard to subtitle. It’s episodes are twice as long and jam packed with rapid-fire back and forth dialogue. But we’re still plugging away at episode two as fast as we can. Apologies to all you Patlabor fans out there for taking so long. I was kind of worried about starting this project in the first place because I had a feeling there would be a lot of months between releases. But for reasons I cannot possibly comprehend, no other subtitlers showed any interest in it, so we soldier onward.
>>
I watched them all as they got released in the cinema here in Japan. I really enjoyed it. They feel a lot like Patlabor. There's a good mix of episodes, with action, comedy and drama based episodes.

The later episodes start to get a bit more serious as they build up to the movie (and much harder to understand!).

The movie itself was good, but I felt the ending was a bit disappointing. I would like to see a follow-up, but I have no idea if it successful enough for that.

I also went to see the new director's cut a couple of months back too, but the extra/extended scenes adding absolutely nothing. It felt like they were just trying to squeeze a bit more money out of the fans.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.