[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SH/M/UP Thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: darius_burst_cs_main.jpg (196 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
darius_burst_cs_main.jpg
196 KB, 1280x720
So, there's a new Darius game out and it looks sleek. Robot fish bosses, ships, 4 player co-op. All done with some fairly impressive graphics.

So, let's talk SHMUPS, your favorites, any cool art. whatever.
>>
CLOSE YOUR EYES

CLOSE YOUR HEAD
>>
File: 1436818070318[1].jpg (46 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
1436818070318[1].jpg
46 KB, 540x438
>Don't have or want a PS4/Vita
>Steam price is too insane to bother with

I am a humongous Dariusfag and have 1cc'd every game and cleared all pathways as well barring the difficult Gaiden/G so having to pass on this one is exceptionally painful for me.
>>
>>13591811
Steam's 20% off right now and if you wait in a year or two it'll get a massive discount in one of the ridiculous sales eventually
>>
>>13591761
everyone reading this thread should go buy the games that Astro Port has been releasing on Steam, they've all been pretty amazing so far, and there's a bundle for all 5 games for only 18.99 which is a bargain in my opinion
>>
>>13591761
>Robot fish bosses
Isn't that kind of a franchise staple?
>>
>>13591761
>SHMUPs
Does Sin and Punishment count?

>tfw you tried to like Gradius, but you suck at traditional SHMUPs
Why.
>>
I want a new Bangai-O.

What is Treasure doing nowadays?
>>
What are some good ones that aren't just silly hard for the sake of being hard?
>>
>>13593662
>tfw you tried to like Gradius, but you suck at traditional SHMUPs
>Why.
because they are shit
>>
>>13593829
fuck you
>>
>>13593722
Chou Aniki
Though it is hard and silly if you know what i mean
>>
>>13593722
I'm OP and consider Gradius/R-Type/Darius to all be fairly balanced. Presentation varies as the games all were coming out at different times, but the old 2d ones were fun. After doing the first level of the new story mode in the Darius that just came out on Steam, I recommend it just because it's very polished.

Twinbee is short if you don't mind vertical as opposed to horizontal gameplay.
>>
>>13593722
Battle Garegga.
If you aren't down with Battle Garegga you don't know how to have fun.
>>
>>13593722
Parodius is a wacky, good time, back when Konami actually made fun of themselves and wasn't run by idiots.
>>
>>13591761
kinda sad its not possible to register your own cabinet and only use one of the 64 available...

would be cool to have our own /m/ cabinet to try and take on AC's chronicle mode....
>>
>>13594474
So you like invisible bullets? Progear and Giga Wing are better.
>>
>>13594576
>invisible bullets

They're lead and brass colored.

And if it triggers you that much the Saturn port actually had an option to switch to traditional candy neon boolits.
>>
>>13592208
Yeah, their games aren't perfect but I fell in love with them anyways.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.