[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: Xenoblade_Chronicles_X-w01_2560.jpg (657 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles_X-w01_2560.jpg
657 KB, 2560x1440
The Game is finally out.

Time for initial impressions, quests troubleshooting, general tips and help but it's highly recommended (at least for the time begin) to keep the spoilers as low as possible as some people is either not as fast or has to get the game yet.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb8QpABNTPM

Be careful as this very launch video has them spoilers in it.
>>
WHat chapter do I get my Skell?
>>
How to change divisions?
>>
>>13589994
After finishing chapter 6. Flying Skells after chapter 9.
>>
Still not entirely sure how the online stuff works so I just hop onto a friend's squad. Fun though
>>
File: KOS-MOS (Endless Frontier).png (326 KB, 504x646) Image search: [Google]
KOS-MOS (Endless Frontier).png
326 KB, 504x646
>>13589948
That woman at the end looks like T-elos for some reason. Since this is a Monolith Soft game, can we make the MC to looks like KOS-MOS?
>>
>>13590733
Elma's real alien body looks like KOSMOS, her regular brown body looks like TELOS.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_011613-min8.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_011613-min8.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
>>13590733
>>13590780
>>
So how is the localization? I already know about booby sliders and Dolls -> Skells, but I couldn't give less of a shit about the former and I can deal with the latter, albeit begrudgingly.
>>
>>13590888
Here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49SM77E9uXw
>>
File: Xenoblade_Chronicles_X-w03_2560.jpg (648 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles_X-w03_2560.jpg
648 KB, 2560x1440
>>13590784
>>13590780
>>13590733

SPOILERS

To be hones, this thread will look like an old Muv-Luv black-wall thing but, in either case, it really can't really be helped.
>>
>>13590254
At the division console in the Blade Barracks.
>>
What's the deal with gems in this game? I can't seem to be able to find anything in the menus that can let me equip them.
>>
>>13590888

B.L.A.D.E. is the one that has hit me the 'most' so far with Doll->Skell close to that but so far it has been quite manageable.

>>13591032
>>Everything in the spoilers.

That's what you get for typing while playing at the same time.
>>
>>13591044
The Augments are equipped from the sub-menu when equipping gear. Press X, if memory serves, it's the same menu you access the fashion gear from.
>>
>>13591123
Thanks for that.
>>
General Art/Buff Question
What does the aura "Supercharge" do? (Hair Wire Art)
"Potential" does what ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/edit?pli=1#gid=0&vpid=B148
>>
>>13591219
Potential raises the potency of the heals you get with successful Soul Voices, IIRC. Not sure about Supercharge, haven't has a class that gets it.

On the subject of classes, Blast Fencer is absolutely the most /m/ class. Your weapons are a beam saber and funnels, for Christ's sake.
>>
>>13591239
surely the most /m/ class is skell
>>
Friendly reminder that once you max a class, you'll have to change and max another class.
Max level for a class can be done around lvl 25.

So, it means that you'll not play your favorite class after level 25, but start anew another one.

Choose wisely if you want to level all classes after the main story done, or do everything while you level up.
(It's better to play a support class with a 4th member in the group)
>>
Anyone ever play an old ps2 game, gungriffon blaze? Just curious. /m/ seems like the only place I'd find another anon who has.
>>
So what classes are you guys? Bastion Warrior here.
>>
>>13591483
>>13591294
Also, do you mean that once I finish ranking up my class, I can't use it anymore? How the heck does that work?
>>
>>13591487
You can, it just won't level up any further. It's only that it's technically time wasted, since you could be levelling up other classes. It's up to you really.
>>
>>13591483
Galactic Knight, Rank 7. Just hit level 20. Probably going to try Samurai Gunner next.
>>
File: 1446244446915294.png (842 KB, 1040x1376) Image search: [Google]
1446244446915294.png
842 KB, 1040x1376

>>13591487
after reaching lvl 10 in one of those classes you stop gaining classpoints in that class but there are skills and arts that you can use in other class trees. So all he wanted to mention is that you should keep an eye on your battlepoints and where to spend them
>>
>>13591519
Oh, that makes more sense. Still, I'll probably use it as my default class for other things despite there being 3 OTHER FUCKING SHIELD TROOPERS IN THE PARTY WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>13591532
If you're looking at using it as your 'main', take note of the other shield-using NPC party members. They may have unique shield skills you can obtain through affinity missions.
>>
i heard you can customize your character despite what you pick in the beginning of the game? where do you go to do that? do you need to be a certain chapter? i hate my characters hair. ha.
>>
File: DollTypes.png (4 MB, 1504x2256) Image search: [Google]
DollTypes.png
4 MB, 1504x2256
>>13591528

That's a nice guide.
>>
>>13590905
She's the waifu /m/ deserves
>>
>>13591604
You have to git gud at the game or at least at google you stupid faggot
>>
>>13590905
She does have a point.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgudF-hVlDA
>>
This fucking chat, it feels like the youtube comments section with players whoring for likes.
The youtube's
>Like if you're reading in |CURRENTYEAR]
Became
>Like if you're feeling it
>>
File: dat_lynn.jpg (237 KB, 1815x1020) Image search: [Google]
dat_lynn.jpg
237 KB, 1815x1020
>>13591737

Isn't she way too young for that?
>>
File: 1356794561007.jpg (18 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1356794561007.jpg
18 KB, 450x338
>>13591901
>too young
No such thing.
>>
Takes a bit of exploration, collecting and grinding but it's possible to get your skell/doll in under a day's worth of gameplay as I clocked in at approximately 23 hours when I got one, probably would have gotten it in even shorter time if I didn't choose to focus on some side missions and land probing.

Looks cool when it moves and if you get your attacks right, could actually be very powerful.
>>
>>13591848
I have a feeling we're in the same squad right now.
>>
>>13591848
>he doesn't praise felix
>>
>>13591980
I tried to press L+A on your comment, nothing happened.
It doesn't work on 4chan apparently.
>>
I'm nowhere near the big reveal and I'm kind of sad I already was spoiled, but so far the dialogue in this game really doesn't try to hide the secret at all. I think if I didn't already know I'd still have guessed, or at least be asking why everyone talks the way they do. It feels kind of weird that it needs to be a big reveal at all, like you're the only person that doesn't know.
>>
Do enemies getting stronger the further you go from NLA or are there still low-level enemy even in other continents?
I mean, if I'm level 10 now, can I find enemies in other continent that is around my level or am I stuck to grind near gates of NLA for now?
>>
>>13592031
>but so far the dialogue in this game really doesn't try to hide the secret at all

It was telegraphed in the briefing before you even joined BLADE. Elma feels guilty about being on Earth. And then there's the way she said "your home world" when she first found you while discussing MC's memory issues.
>>
>>13592059
Some anon level 15 swam to the other continents. He survived.

Go and explore.
>>
>>13592061
>Your homeworld
>Maybe if I wasn't there it wouldn't have happened
The reason they decided to spoil it in a trailer is that it's not a spoiler.
>>
>>13592061
I meant the other big reveal, the one regarding the humans. But that one isn't very well hidden either.
>>
>>13592031
>It feels kind of weird that it needs to be a big reveal at all, like you're the only person that doesn't know.
You are, that's literally what happens, where they go "oh shit your amnesia was THAT bad? Yeah we're all robots, sorry we forgot to tell you".
>>
>>13592062
Good to know. I'm gonna mine the fuck out of that soil like a good capitalist.
>>
>spoilers
Everyone's mentioned Elma and how everyone robots but you guys do know about the party member who betrays you right? He's the final boss too and you kind of kill him so you might want to do his sidequests and such before he leaves.
>>
>>13592031
How about hitting level 21 before starting chapter 5 and starting Hope's Affinity quest.

A BLADE female literally walks up during the first cutscene and spoils it right then and there. I think canonically Hope's mission is supposed to take place after chapter 5 I guess, but I'm doing it before that and it stunned the fuck out of me.
>>
>>13592059
The monsters level are shown in the FrontierNav, each hexagonal blocks have a different color for each level (green is for the low level)
>>
>>13590784
Looks awful.
>>
>>13591980

Who is Felix and why do they want me to praise him so badly?
>>
Tatsu being a pacifist just isn't the same after Riki, Destroyer of Worlds.
>>
>>13592142
He's a famous youtuber, or you new to the internet?
>>
>>13592165

So I'm supposed to know everyone on youtube?
>>
File: 1419118793239.jpg (42 KB, 438x349) Image search: [Google]
1419118793239.jpg
42 KB, 438x349
>>13592165
>famous youtuber
Why should we care about a attention whoring faggot?
>>>/tv/
>>>/v/
>>
so anyone got a verdict on this game yet?
how's the combat? from a spectator's point of view it looks pretty boring
>>
>>13592194

10 hours in, it still feels a little too chaotic, it wants you to do too much shit at once.

I need to figure out how to make all this minmaxing work.
>>
>>13592205
are you enjoying the combat aspect of it though?
I keep hearing so much about this game in regards to scale and having to invest time in. But no one has really said if the gameplay and combat themselves are fun rather than a grind
>>
>>13592209
Not that anon, but I am enjoying it. I can see how some people wouldn't enjoy it from both a spectator and a player's perspective.
>>
>>13592209
Exploration is fun though there's only stuff to look at as opposed to read like in western RPGs.

The battles are pure unfun MMORPG slog bullshit though. I might have forgiven it a bit if there were typical flashy JRPG cinematic moves but we don't even have those, just MMORPG pew pew poke poke numbers numbers. It's mind-numbing.
>>
>>13592209
Have you played Xenoblade? So far the biggest changes I've noticed is that attacks now are linked in real time and larger enemies have multiple target point - attacking their legs can make them stumble and fall for a while, for example.

I like it, but I also enjoyed the combat in the first Xenoblade too.
>>
>>13592230
>Exploration is fun though there's only stuff to look at as opposed to read like in western RPGs.

There are the typical NPC sidequests too, although you need to get them by finding "?" marks in NLA or elsewhere, rather than from the mission board thing.
>>
>>13592209
It took me a good 3 hours or so to get used to the combat and how much of a clusterfuck it can be, but once I got settled it's really fun.

A couple gripes I have though. The biggest is that due to the mmo-style of the combat, attacks from enemies have little to no feedback unless it's an attack that causes knockback or topple. An enemy can be looking at a totally different target and do an attack from 20 feet away, and unless it stuns me I won't even know I was hit until I look at my own hp. So I have to be keeping an eye on my own health at all times or risk losing 2/3 of it and not even noticing because attacks don't feel like they're hitting me.

And the other is that, as far as I can tell anyway, there's nothing in the game that tells you what any values or properties or abilities mean. I might just be missing something, but I can't find anything that tells me what "Supercharge" means, or what "Reinvigorate" or any of the other augments do aside from the obvious ones like "Melee Up". And there doesn't seem to be any type of enemy codex either, so planning to bring a certain elemental value like Beam or Physical or Ether to a fight is impossible. But again, I just might not have found that yet.

Aside from that though, yeah, really fun. I really enjoy choosing my Artes and Soul Voices and building a synergy, then executing it in battle. Keeping an eye on my hp isn't that big of a deal and it's something I should be doing anyway, and so far the combat isn't so hard that I feel I really need to know what everything does to minmax.
>>
>>13592230
>just MMORPG pew pew poke poke numbers numbers
You'll have to pay attention if you want to make good use of soul voices. I find the combat more involving after I finally understand how it works.
>>
>>13591771

t-thanks /v/. google only brings up youtube videos on character creation pre-game.
>>
>>13592305
>Artes
There ain't Demon Fang or Tiger Blade in this game, anon
>>13592316
Check /vg/. Someone posted a link to gamefaqs about that.
>>
>>13592305
The bestiary is under 'Intel' in the menu
>>
Does the ranged attack up skill apply to ray guns in addition to beam attack up? I want to know if it's worth equipping them both.
>>
I really want to discuss about the game with you guys but I can't seem to stop playing it to do so, I'm amazed I stopped to watch some episodes from today, this game ended up being better than I would have tought, it makes me happy
>>
Do we get teh Ares Skell as part of the plot? I ask this since they made a comment about it when we find that robot in chapter 6
>>
>>13592743
It has been a long time that I played a game that much and now I'm behind on every anime I'm watching.
>>
Is there a list of what weapon each company gives?
>>
>>13591848
I keep getting "Press L + a for a Skell!" "Press L + a for an achievement!" "Please press L + a". So annoying.
>>
>>13592962
When this happens, I just spoil them on the chat and they stop.
>>
>>13592749
No, it's a post-game grind to level 200 to unlock the ultimate weapon which lets you oneshot all the secret bosses thing.
>>
>>13593002
But I just wanted a graviton cannon
>>
Do you also guys have shitty textures popup while changing items?
I downloaded the data packs but I don't know if they are really installed
>>
>>13592165
He's not a youtuber anon. He's the god of Mira, our lord and savior
>>
>>13593120
Seriously, who is this chucklefuck? What did he do to make himself famous?
>>
>internet celebrities

not even once, memelords.
>>
>>13593227
Seriously, how new are you to the internet? Ever heard of google?
>>
File: 1415526447672.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1415526447672.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>Kira joined your Squad
I need to recruit him
>>
File: 1420081517651.png (122 KB, 367x382) Image search: [Google]
1420081517651.png
122 KB, 367x382
I don't know if it was a acquired taste, but I loved the combat in Xenoblade a lot.

>playing this
>faster combat (maybe because of better frame rate..)
>actual builds you can attempt
>that satisfying loot cycle
>>
File: image (5958).jpg (818 KB, 988x2749) Image search: [Google]
image (5958).jpg
818 KB, 988x2749
>>13593227
he's only one of the biggest LPers on youtube and twitch, he was the first guy to do the jap version of XBCX too
>>13593292
see pic
>>
>>13592062
>>13592059
>swimming
There are less enemies in the water, so swimming is actually logical for low levels. Even some NPCs say swimming is safer near Syvalum's entrance.

>there are people right now who didn't go solo and explore another continent on land, solid snaking it around all the high level enemies with sight and sound alerts
>>
>>13591697
>Inferno
>mass-produced as standard issue Doll model
That is a filthy lie. There are maybe two or three Infernos in all of NLA and they are drowning in a sea of Urbans.
>>
>>13592230

I disagree on the combat, though admittedly I'm only lvl 16 so currently I don't know what I'm doing yet so I just use what's not on cooldown.

I will say though that the majority of people who attack the combat for being like an MMO, and when people defend that they'd say, "if I wanted that I'd play an MMO", wouldn't play one to begin with. As someone that's played WoW since day 1, every raid in every expansion, all classes, Xenoblade doesn't feel like an MMO. In fact I'm not sure what to compare it to.
>>
>>13593857
I managed to map most of Oblivia this way and when I finally got my skell it just facilitated doing that Hell sotry ground to a halt when I got the robot, I just have so much fun going around in it and exploring and killing anything I see
>>
File: le_nadir.jpg (660 KB, 1000x595) Image search: [Google]
le_nadir.jpg
660 KB, 1000x595
>>13593857

I did that a lot in the first Xenoblade.

It was rewarding to pull it off then and it even more now.

>>13594035

It's as if someone didn't read the memo "we are filling NLA with Urbans instead of Infernos" before release.
>>
>>13593857
II combined it a little because sneaking is just more exciting, but swimming for minutes is actually the easiest way to get around which is hilarious
>>
Any suggestions on taking it slow and doing side quests, or rushing through the main until I get my Skell before doing them? Any of them timed?
>>
>>13595611
Wann take it slow? Just do it, you get to it ether way and you still need to get many probes to to the job with it.

Rush to the point where you can get the probe quest from the nice lady, she will provide some mining and research probes and even a storage probe for free. After that, try to get Blade lvl up to 3 so you can set up Probes on nearly every side. After that its just your choice. If i could redo it i would prefer rushing the main story as soon as possible so you get all the rewards for them (overdrive, skells, mainplot, all that probes that lay on your way of the main mission tasks etc.) Just remeber to keep some allready listed collection(dont sell them yet) items and !!plant mining probes on places that show meteorite as mineral!!!! You gonna need that for lins affl. questline and it gets mined after some time playing (you need to do this quest). You can actually get nearly all items for quests from the squad team reward terminal, gonna need internet connection though.
>>
>>13592121

If Xenogears, Xenosaga and this have taught me anything over the last nearly 17 years...it's what Takahashi wished or his wife wished to look like.

If you notice, she does have an odd Japanese cheap alien 60's,70's look about her.
>>
>>13593002
>>13593007

You know what else sucks? The fucking guide does not mention ANY of the weapons, armor OR mecha.
>>
>>13594124
>As someone that's played WoW since day 1,
Go play shit like FF14 for a better comparison dumbass.
>>
>>13595860
Yeah, I found that more than a little annoying.
>>
>>13595611
I'm taking the slow route, doing all the affinity quests that are around my level since they were meant to be done at that moment (doing a lvl 15 affinity quests at lvl 40-45 will be pointless). The affinity quests even give you specials Arts sometimes.

But the story mode became very easy if you do that, I just did the chapter 5 at lvl 23-24.

Don't forget that if your doll is broken, you'll have to pay a lot to repair it and since you'll die a lot while doing quests (mainly because an elite lvl 50 starts to attack you out of nowhere), it's better to go without them.

I also placed a lot of probes early on for maximum money & miranium.
>>
File: mikeneko28.png (759 KB, 708x1062) Image search: [Google]
mikeneko28.png
759 KB, 708x1062
>>13593002

That's so far away.

>>13593292

What did I (fortunately) miss?
>>
anyone else just completely put off by the dub?
>>
>>13595906

I have played FFXIV, it still doesn't feel too similar outside of having really long cooldowns.
>>
>>13596227
>>13596227
Nah. Normally I vastly prefer Japanese audio. but since this game takes place in "New LA" it feels fine.
>>
>>13596227
Nothing new, fucking Americans are the shittiest voice actors in the world. At least it's not as bad as it could've been.
>>
>>13596227

this pretty much >>13596369 I honestly say this all the time even if its anti-consumer:
We live in the age of DLC, people out there are willing to pay for japanese voices, there's seriously no excuse not to have japanese voices as DLC. Disk size is obviously not a limitation nowadays, specially for DLC. But none of my favorite seiyuu are in this game so its passable.

What REALLY puts me off is the small ass blurry text, subtitles are fine but the text for everything else is nearly unreadable, my vision's being strained way more than with any other game.
>>
>>13596227

It doesn't bother me at all, I think they're fine.

What DOES bother me is that the music is often so damn loud in cutscenes that I can't hear anyone talking.
>>
>>13596388

The game just really lacks menus. An audio menu to adjust music and voice volume is pretty fucking standard even on old-ass games. I seriously spent minutes trying to find this and a text-size option before realizing I was doomed.

What's even worse/not-worse is that the game is so good, its hard to make complaints heard, everyone's showering it with praise wherever I look instead of swarming the devs social media with complaints about the little things that can still be fixed.
>>
lin's voice is really fucking annoying, and everyone talks in cliches. i'm not sure this is a translation issue, or that's how the original japanese dialogue was like. the fucking prone or whatever sound like retards, which, as grunts, they probably are.
>>
>>13596427

The Prone commander spoke intelligently, so yes it's probably on purpose that the lower level grunts talk like unintelligent soldiers.
>>
>>13596427
>lin's voice is really fucking annoying
Don't talk shit about my potatofu.
>>
If you have one, then post mechs!
>>
>>13596526
In the End, it was way to easy to get one. The Quests for that glorious moneyeating Machine where done faster and easier than the actual main quests and side quests you needed for them.
The real game begins now !
>>
>>13596618
Your Rite! The Anons said the Quests to Get the Machines was Too hard but It where Easy to Completes. It Are too Colds!
>>
>>13596618
>>13596636

talking to yourself, hiro?
>>
>>13596380
8-4 just loves crappy font sizes as Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate had the same issue.
>>
So when do I get to recustomize my character? I was hoping it was after Chapter 5 but I just finished that and still can't. I've been regretting my voice selection from the start, and it's too late to restart now.
>>
>>13596688
You need to finish that quest asking you to find a Californian Sunset, the same guy will ask you other things in NLA and after that you can change your appearance.
>>
So where's the Xenogears connection this time?
>>
>>13596884
You do know that the connection in Saga was more because he just tried to actually complete Gears again right? But still, there is the alien mech and The Great One
>>
So, what is the AM that gives Skell parts and weapons?
>>
>>13596884
The planet true nature itiself
>>
File: 1409155072436.png (209 KB, 698x515) Image search: [Google]
1409155072436.png
209 KB, 698x515
Got that early combat glove that looks vaguely like a robot arm. Decided my PC has a robot left arm for flavour.

mfw his left arm gets blown off and he's a robot
>>
>>13597035

you can go full power armor if you want to later, anon.
>>
>>13597071
Yeah, most of the heavy stuff looks decent. Fuck Meredith & Co

After starting out as an Enforcer I think I get why they claim it's a more 'advanced' class. It relies a lot more on Soul Voice combos than Striker or Commando, especially Blast Fencer. Starfall Blade/Rondo can get super powerful if you stack Topple, Beam Resist Down and a melee combo on each other.

On another note, I'm staggered by how absurdly useful the Ramjet Rifle from the first weapons test mission is for melee-centric characters. Three shots that do 1 damage each, but generate 300TP per hit. Fires every 10 seconds. You can throw out TP skills like regular attacks and not even care. Seriously, do it.
>>
>>13589948

Is this game worth buying Wii U for?
>>
>>13597154
No, and if you're wondering neither is Bayonetta 2 (which isn't as good as the first game)
>>
>>13597154

i bought it specifically for xbcx, with the added plus of being able to play xbc. know two other people who did the same. i'm also not a poorfag neet, so take that into consideration.
>>
>>13597154
No, but it rounds out the WiiU's portfolio to the extent that it's worth buying for practically anyone now. There will be enough games you like to make it worthwhile. Unless you jack it to ESPN, but then something tells me you don't.
>>
>>13597163
>>13597165
>>13597170

Thanks guys, man, I should have jump the gun during the black Friday.
>>
>>13596981
What does that mean?
>>
>>13597170
>No, but it rounds out the WiiU's portfolio to the extent that it's worth buying for practically anyone now.
This only applies if you like Nintendo's crap. If you're not interested in Mario the WiiU still has close to nothing.
>>
>>13597173
The planet translates words, drew all the aliens and humans to itself, and is keeping the humans as themselves even though their physical bodies were already destroyed.

TO BE CONTINUED
>>
>>13597183

i hope this is fake.
>>
>>13597180

i also take it into time-wise consideration. my wii u acts as a roku, so i can watch fake-tv on my tv (50/60 bucks right there), and i've currently got 11 hours into xbcx, not to mention all 40-50 hours i have into xbc. bought a wii u used for 240ish dollars, so with xbcx it comes to around 300 bucks. with it acting like a roku, on the conservative side here, $40 off, so 260, divided by 11 hours equals $24/hr, or about 7 or 8 nights out drinking. this obviously thins out over time the more i play the game, which i'm enjoying, so i don't see why i won't get my money's worth for it (i think i heard 50 hours for plot completion?).
>>
>>13597206
Oh, you're -actually- autistic, aren't you? My condolence
>>
>>13597206
>>13597249

Not that guy but you should really calculate the $ per hour of every electronic and game you buy, it really puts things into perspective and it only takes a few minutes to put togheter an excel sheet that basically keeps itself updated. But you call other people on the internet "autistic" so you probably won't.
>>
>>13597249
>-autistic-
>condolence
you might be an idiot
>>
>>13597249

uh, weighing out whether or not something is worth purchasing is autistic? guess i should just go around throw money at shit, because, fuck it, no normal person would ever make a decision based on something's worth.
>>
>>13597189
Nope
>>
>>13591737
I never understood the love for Potato until I played the game. I get it, /m/en. I totally get it. Lin is love.
>>
>>13597189
Nope, and it's just one of the unexplained mysteries they introduce and then just leave as is for sequel bait.
>>
File: muh_ide.gif (2 MB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
muh_ide.gif
2 MB, 425x319
>>13597436
>>13597471
>>13597183

wow. this is just like my japanese animes.
>>
>>13597545
There's also the main villain constantly talking about his mysterious master who is never named or seen, the backstory involving an ancient civilization that created all life in the universe, and the tragic antagonist who lost his family.
>>
>>13589948
Hows the localization? All anyone are talking about is tge tit slider and lins costume and I couldnt give two shits abput either of those. I heard about dolls>skells but that doesnt bother me too much
>>
>>13597683
Typical American Nintendo game, filled to the brim with retarded yank slang and "humour". It's like Working Designs all over again.
>>
>>13597683
Also
>>13596369
obnoxious Americans talking through their noses because they think all video game characters have to sound like Looney Tunes
>>
>>13597703
>>13597694

chatty kathys spotted.
>>
Lailah or Inferno?
>>
>>13597977
Lailah
>>
>>13597683
Pretty normal, the dub is nice and it didn't end up being bad like everyone kept saying it owuld be, pretty good game
>>
>>13597977
>tfw just finished Ch 5, and already have enough money to buy the Mastema outright.
So close, yet so far.
>>
>>13597683
NoA/8-4 really likes the word "noob" for some reason.
>>
>>13597683
gets rid of that pesky philosophical/religious stuff because really who wants that in Xeno game
>>
>>13598191
I really don't understand why you say this, whenever someone posts that they refer to Testament and in the story it doesn't make much sense while Reclaimers actually does since their whole objective is to reclaim shit that fell on the crash so they can survive
>>
File: nalccv.jpg (466 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nalccv.jpg
466 KB, 1280x720
After 30 hours I finally got my desired mecha.

Got damn does it really feel like I've earned it.
>>
File: NEVERENDINGSTORY.jpg (8 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
NEVERENDINGSTORY.jpg
8 KB, 960x640
>>13597189
>>
>>13598315
Its amazing how it makes you stop feeling powerless whne you get yours Except if you're dumb and go against enemies 15 levels higher than you
>>
>>13597304

I think that's a bad standard, because if you do that then no action game is worth it.

I mean, the average Platinum game is 5-10 hours. By your logic they're not worth it, but at the same time it's a really good 5-10 hours. In the end what matters is that you enjoy a game.
>>
>>13598191

The first boss is named Goetia.

God is mentioned a lot in the game.

Everything the Ganglion/Growth do is because of a greater divine purpose

If you're going to shitpost, at least say stuff that's true.
>>
>>13598418
Not him, but I don't think a complaint is a shitpost, /v/.
>>
>>13598479
Not him, but when a complaint is about something that is proven not to be founded in reality In this case complaining about the removal of all content with a theological subtext, which he and other anons in other threads have shown is not the case that is absolutely shitposting.
>>
>>13598486
I really don't know why they shitpost like that, especially when it can be disproven in seconds
>>
>>13598501
>>13598486
You don't have to samefag. Just PLEASE go back to /v/ with the fanboyism. You're like the UX shitposter all over again (except pro-game instead of anti).
>>
>>13598418
Not that I want to be that guy, but Goetia isn't actually religious in nature. It's occultism that Aleister Crowley came up with, people just think it's religious.
>>
File: Untitled.png (9 KB, 746x114) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9 KB, 746x114
>>13598506
I know a lot of people lie o the internet. Not everyone does though.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (77 KB, 1301x288) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
77 KB, 1301x288
>>13598506
Nigger, we should be the ones telling you to fuck off back to /v/ like the /v/ermin that you are, you're the one who is going after every single XCX thread and shitposting endlessly whenever people try to talk about the game, you're the exact same type of shitposter that these thread have had since the first trailer on /v/, why don't you stay there if you only want to bait and shitposting using retarded and easily proven lies?
Pic related you screeching faggot
>>
Make sure you check the frame Level before buying it. IIRC it's 30, so it's unlikely you'll be there by the end of Chapter 6.
>>
Is this the best /m/ game of all time? Getting your first Skell is probably one of my top 10 gaming moments ever.
>>
how is skellin' around? do you get to view the planet from cooler areas than you normally wouldn't have?
>>
>>13598706
Yup and when you finally get your flight pack your very first mission is just flying to the highest place in the continent you are just to prove the thing works Na dif you're unlicky/lucky enough you get to see a gigantic Qin Long
>>
File: lsVKRl7 (1).jpg (374 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lsVKRl7 (1).jpg
374 KB, 1280x720
Holy shit, this weather in Sylvalum is incredible
>>
File: Nagi.png (121 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Nagi.png
121 KB, 320x320
Why is this guy so awesome?
>>
>>13598839

expected him to be the true evil dude that was the reason ww crashed.
>>
>>13598745
there's an n64 port?
>>
File: 080.jpg (2 MB, 2480x3490) Image search: [Google]
080.jpg
2 MB, 2480x3490
Where is Weltall?
>>
>>13598745
Got caught in a pollen storm up in that huge spire, apparently super strong monsters spawn and hide just outside of draw distance. Nearly shat myself when I turned around a nearly aggro'd one.
Fuckin loved it, this game is pure adventure/scenery porn.
>>
>>13598410
Truly, however, if you're an budget that stuff just has to be avoided (though if you're really on a budget, you should be pirating instead of paying for games).

For electronics though, an absolute must, in my opinion.
>>
File: Zu_Hagg.jpg (112 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Zu_Hagg.jpg
112 KB, 1366x768
Defeating pic related was surprisingly hard
>>
>>13599043

"Just do what makes you happy in life, because it sure goes by quick."

That's the only advice I got from my dad in life and I stuck with it.
>>
>>13598191

>get holy water
>everyone involved looks like a idiot
>even people who go to the church in the game are portrayed as weak, feeble minded people

Gee. I thought it was super in your face already. And you're telling me it was WORSE?
>>
So, the Telethia Pluma Level 30 Nemesis has spawned, anyone want to form a group to defeat it? You need a Skell for it though
Char name is Dreizehn?NID? Cypher0013
>>
Fighting the alien bitch for the first time after meeting the bro and the autistic alien fuck and she is kind of a bitch
>>
>>13598521
>/v/ermin
>you're the shitposter not me!
Okay, found the crossposting /a/ faggot, as well as being the neo-UX shitposter. Like I said, leave.
>>
>>13598946
Ares. ...Kinda.
>>
I'll ask you /m/en, because I think I'll value your opinion the most in regards to this game.

If I am not the biggest RPG fan, will I find enjoyment with just the /m/ related stuff in this game? I mainly enjoy action/platformer/arcade style games but the mech stuff in this game looks so cool.

I enjoy RPGs that have fun battle systems like Mario & Luigi and TWEWY, and I love exploration in games (Metroid Prime is my favorite game of all time as a point of reference). Is there enough in this game to appeal to my taste or is this a case of "Fuck off anon. It's an RPG. If you hate them, you'll hate this"?
>>
File: Milia.jpg (441 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Milia.jpg
441 KB, 1280x720
I'm liking the new Macross game so far.
>>
>>13599450
tl;dr: probably yes but only if you already have a wii u, dont get one if this is the only thing interesting you in the system.

I'm over 20 hours in and still don't have a mech.
The battle system is fun and there's some timing challenges here and there but nothing like Mario & Luigi rpg, it's mostly auto-attacking and spamming your skills/arts.
Exploration is pretty good but there's no metroid-like "getting powerups so you can unlock new areas" and stuff, the only exploration power-up is getting the mech to fly around.

IT IS A VERY GOOD GAME so far, so if you have money to blow this will be a good way to spend this month and maybe the next but don't expect too much.
>>
I only JUST realized that I can teleport into NLA itself if I use its map instead of Primordia's.

And I'm 9 hours in. Kill me.

>>13599351
>someone that considered humanity a cancer and that we must be exterminated
>kind of a bitch
you don't say
>>
>>13599470
>green haired girl
>macross post
Don't do that to the poor girl.
>>
File: mambbq.jpg (485 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mambbq.jpg
485 KB, 1280x720
Finally did it. After 35 hours I got a full squad.

Literally my one goal since getting this game. And it feels so good.
>>
>>13597189
>>13597183
>>13597173
>>13597436
>>13597545
>>13598322

PROJECT NOAH LIVES!
>>
File: X.jpg (290 KB, 2162x1383) Image search: [Google]
X.jpg
290 KB, 2162x1383
>>13598946

The next game as the best ge...I mean doll.
>>
Which skell should I get? Heavy models look best but are they weaker or slower or something? I'll probably just go with the coolest looking.
>>
Guys, basic question, how do I take screenshots?
>>
>>13600036

Press the home button on the Wii U, then open the internet browser and upload it somewhere.

No, you can't locally save screenshoots, you have to upload them somewhere (twitter, pomf, imgur, tumblr, you can even post to 4chan I think)
>>
>>13600036
>>13600060
>Press the home button on the Wii U, then open the internet browser and upload it somewhere.
And the picture will be whatever was on screen when you pressed home button, missed that.
>>
Does anyone know where to find the items for Yelv's first affinity quest?
>>
>>13600060
>>13600063
>pomf
>imgur
>4chan
Oh, can be anywhere not only social media? Great, thanks.
>>
File: Ares.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Ares.webm
3 MB, 640x360
So, Is it too hard (or even impossible) to get the Ares before the final parts of the game's story?
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4C.jpg (492 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4C.jpg
492 KB, 1280x720
>Gravity keeping you down?
They know.
>>
>>13599470
IM REALLY FEELING IT
>>
so, just how bad is the censoring in this?

I'll be glad if they release plamo of all the skells so I can enjoy them without supporting this blunder
>>
If I fight on a skell against a boss and die, do I reappear near him with the skells back or should I repair them first then come back?
>>
Name my mechs:
Amdusias St XS0730 (heavy) Main Wep. E-Scythe
Military Green (standard) with changed colour pattern (white, black, interface: green)

Amdusias St XS0730 (heavy) Main Wep. E-Scythe, Shieeeellllddss
Pink all the way <3 with skyblue Visor (its Lins)

Mastema ST XS0630 (heavy) Main wep. Sniper
White White and even more White, black visor

Lailah ST AS0430 (Med) Main wep. Railgun+Beamrifle
Yellow/Golden Mainfraim Parts(acually there are the "second" here),
second ones (main here), BLACK, Visor Yellow
>>
>>13600390
>I bet Zeon did this.jpg
>>
>>13600407
Apparently just a few of Lin's clothing (just one type) and apparently one of Elma's (posted over at the /vg/ thread).

In terms of everything else... aside from inferior name choices, the only objectively bad - or rather odd - thing, is how much the team likes to make NPCs say the word "noob" a lot.
>>
>>13600407
>this blunder
If you just want to enjoy the /m stuff like the skells, censorship is the least thing you need to care
>>
>>13600520

>least thing

except for the problem of that little turd called the wii u
>>
>>13600523
[Reply]
>>
>>13600549

(You)
>>
>>13600456
The amount of time you need to gather all the items to actually upgrade all of them too maximum potential is greater than the actual time you need to lvl up for the last gens.
>>
As if complaining and enraging in anonymous messageboard will change a thing.

Anyway, I love fashion gear system. Did it need to be unlocked in JP version?
>>
>>13600407

>>13597694
>>13597703

Enjoy your Americanisms and tumblrspeak with people calling each others noobs all the time because LOL SO FUNY XD >_<
>>
>>13600558
Supposedly.
>>
>>13600611
>Americanisms
Maybe Takahashi want it that way. You know, he could've just made the main city as New Tokyo or something with commercial district modeled after Shinjuku -if he want to
>noobs all the time
I'm in chapter 6 and I don't remember this. Or maybe It doesn't bother me that much. The thing I remember is how Elma call my character 'Rook'.
>>
>>13600617
>Maybe Takahashi want it that way
Go read the translation company's twitters and shit, they're a bunch of crazy SJWs complaining about all the "casual sexism and racism and japanisms" in the game and said they'd stamp it all out.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4C.jpg (400 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
400 KB, 1280x720
>You challenge Lin to a shokugeki.
How do you fair /m/?
>>
>>13600621
Is it any wonder why Idea Factory, of all companies, doesn't even want to bother with censorship anymore? That being said, Nintendo's 8-4 department is the worst. See Gunvolt for proof.
>>
IT SHIPPED LAST NIGHT AHAHAHAHA

I'm finally getting the game in at least 2 days!!!! YEEESSSSSSS My end of year break will FINALLY start!!!!!
>>
>>13600407
>plamo
Kotobukiya's making one for Formula, but that's the only one announced so far. Hope they make some for the other types as well.
>>
>>13600684
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4C.jpg (510 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
510 KB, 1280x720
So I'm assuming this is a forced boss.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4C.jpg (471 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
471 KB, 1280x720
>>13600741
I was wrong.
It activates when you swim over to it.
It's a level 60 though so watch out when you get to this part.
>>
>>13600749
>wonder what the hell these things are
>"eh I'm sure there'll be some lore dumped on me by the end of the game"
>clear game
>no lore
>no lore on the giant rings
>no lore on the giant glowing orb
>no lore on anything
>mfw
>>
>>13600634
>Nintendo's 8-4 department

8-4 is an independent localization company, Nintendo just happens to contract them out for games.
>>
>>13600634
Yes I know that 8-4 is bad, and I won't defend them.
I just mean, they're American living in city modeled after American city.
Reminds me of NPC named Dudebro that talks like a dudebro in Tales of Xillia 2, that was fantasy game and I'm sure he wasn't like that in Japanese version.It just gave me a chuckle though, not an anger on how much it tainted the game.
>>
>>13599505
>it's mostly auto-attacking and spamming your skills/arts

Yeah, that was my concern. I like a little bit more action and skill based stuff in my battle gameplay.

Although I did look up those Nintendo "survival guide" videos and there does look like there is some interesting timing and combo stuff like you are saying. If there is a lot of that, then I think I could have some fun with it.
>>
>>13601235
It's more involved than that, and more involved than the first game.

You've got QTE that happen often which can give boosts (sometimes much needed), and positioning is important, since some attacks of upgrades to weapons are more effective from behind, front, side, high, or low. Plus switching weapons to maintain consistent damage/speed up recovery of techniques. Then there's the special overclock mode as well.
>>
>>13591053
>BLADE

I've always been wondering what they called themselves in the original Japanese version.
>>
>>13589948
The EU Special Edition is neat for what it is but something tells me US and JP got more than just a small artbook, a steelcase and a double sided poster.

Not that I regret buying it. Despite all the minor changes I am still looking forward to try it out myself. If this game disappoints me, I don't think there can possibly be a game that can still satisfy me in this day and age.
>>
>>13601164
Okay, fair enough.
>Tales
This reminds me, the latest Tales (Zestiria) has a doge joke in it. Granted, memes is the least of that game's problems.

>>13601159
That explains a lot.
>>
>>13597154
The Wii U will never be something worth buying, but if you bought the damned thing might as well get this, not as if it has anything else to compete with on the system.
>>
>>13601740
>The Wii U will never be something worth buying

Oh c'mon, don't be like that. The Wii U has a ton of fun games.

>Smash 4
>Splatoon
>W101
>Mario Maker
>Mario Kart 8
>Hyrule Warriors

If you're a Nintendo fan, you'd be crazy not to have one. Now if you're looking for 3rd party games however, then yeah, you have no need for one.
>>
>>13601781
Only problem with that is, if the next console has backwards compatibility with those games and more (assuming Kimishima's claims of it being nothing like the Wii/U aren't too literal), what then?
>>
>>13601781

but, those are all kiddy games.
>>
>>13601793
Said the anon on the board dedicated to robot cartoons for children.
>>
>>13601740
>>13601793
Fuck off /v/. Quit dragging your console war bullshit to other boards.
>>
>>13601821
>>13601838

gb2/.. wait a minute. you can't be on 4chan if you're under 18 years of age
>>
>>13601844
So why are you here?
>>
>>13601792
Well then it's completly fucking useless. But the NX isn't out yet.

I would say a Wii U is a great buy if you like the kinds of games Nintendo makes. If you like more modern games like Fallout 4, GTA, or anything non-Nintendo, then you're not gonna get a Wii U anyway.
>>
>>13601852

because I'm 26, bitch
>>
>>13601865
Then act like it.
>>
>>13601873

i do
>>
>>13601882
Only kids believe in console war crap.
>>
File: Figmavollen.jpg (50 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Figmavollen.jpg
50 KB, 600x800
>>13600684
>>13600690

Want. Release date when?
>>
>>13601954

are you sure you are posting in the right thread?

looking like a bionicle there argevollen
>>
>>13600690
>>13600684
I will be fucking madder if they don't do the other human skells too as I already am mad that there never will be a Weltal or Xenogears kit
>>
>>13601263
>Then there's the special overclock mode as well.
So this overdrive mode. Tell me the most effective way using it. The manual said something about alternating between arts or something to increase the counter
>>
When does Lao leave? Want to do a triple Partisan Eagle team before that happens.
>>
I finally got my Skell! Anyway, I'm really surprised by how powerful this thing is. Even though, it's just the light type initial Skell without any enhancements, I easily defeated a Tyrant that I could never beat before, and it barely scratched the Skell.
>>
>>13602429
I was impressed by it too. Thought it would make the game stupidly easy.

Then I got to the chapter 7 boss. Would have easily lost without my skell.
>>
So do you guys actively use the Scout mechanic for more team members or is that gonna be something that comes in handy late/post game? Also the first Skell is surprisingly satisfying.
>>
What level do I have to be to buy another Skell?

I am hearing Level 30, but the buy screen does not specify.
>>
>>13602743
I only used the Scout for when I got blocked from all other party members by an affinity quest to fill in the 4th slot.
>>
>>13602832
It says under the statistics "Frame Level 30".
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.