[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a thread for /m/ politicians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 17
File: nanomachines.jpg (8 KB, 239x200) Image search: [Google]
nanomachines.jpg
8 KB, 239x200
Let's have a thread for /m/ politicians
>>
He cares about freedom more than most modern politicians, he's an asshole, but I'd choose him over a lot of other people.
>>
File: 1412102920413.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1412102920413.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>13588328
>>
File: Solidus_Snake.jpg (171 KB, 950x495) Image search: [Google]
Solidus_Snake.jpg
171 KB, 950x495
Most underated snake was also a based president I bet.
>>
>>13588328
I still think I'd vote for him. I do agree with his brutal anarchist ideals, except that I think in a world like that the strong would have the judgement and empathy to not enslave the weak in any way that is different from how we deal with the poor, the unintelligent, and the incompetent today.
>>
>>13588514
>except that I think in a world like that the strong would have the judgement and empathy to not enslave the weak in any way that is different from how we deal with the poor, the unintelligent, and the incompetent today.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no they wouldn't
>>
File: Michael_Wilson.jpg (74 KB, 1024x894) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Wilson.jpg
74 KB, 1024x894
>>
>>13588514

In such a world the new weak would be people who would drop their weapon to stop a strong from carrying out his threat of dropping a kid down 60 levels off the buildingtop.

The strong would shoot the person, then drop the kid anyways. If there's a depot with food being raided and there's too much to carry away, the strong would torch the whole compound so that others can't resupply from there to chase him.

When the Iron Senator said strong, he really meant "strong enough to do whatever it takes to survive". If pulling a sack over a drugged person's head and shanking him with a poisoned shaft in the back is what it takes, then it should be done. That's what his "strong" meant. Strong in will, so utterly strong that morals mean nothing. Strong enough that you wouldn't bat an eye at annihilating a continent of your own allies if it guaranteed your survival.
>>
File: cherry_blossoms.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
cherry_blossoms.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>13588592
>>
>>13588592
This implies that the strong are really fucking stupid and would basically be black people in the ghetto. Those people are weak as shit.
>>
File: lecoque.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lecoque.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>
>>13588634
There are japanese cherry trees in DC?
>>
File: dukat.jpg (70 KB, 800x1142) Image search: [Google]
dukat.jpg
70 KB, 800x1142
>>13588592
>>
>>13588449
Solidus literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>13588744
yeah gifts from the ambassada of Nippon, there's a big festival every year it's really pretty. You should check it out anon
>>
>>13588643

Well, Raiden did thought that the Senator didn't just lose his marbles, he punted them into Earth orbit.

I do think that what Armstrong meant was that his ideal society was comprised of people who wouldn't be afraid to storm the White House to get what they want. At the same time they wouldn't go around for slash-and-burn, that would fall out of his definition of "strong". He wants to replicate nature in society where the strong eat the weak but don't go around for, to summarize of his speech, "the lulz". I'm not familiar with ghetto life but from what I do know the violence in these places are pretty much "for the lulz"; kill someone for drug money, for drugs, for money, for staring at your girlfriend's ass, etc.

Armstrong's idea is that he doesn't want violence to promote decadence, he wants violence to promote the rules of nature where the stronger is justified in taking whatever they want from the weaker. Granted, gangsters are more inclined towards violence than government workers, but this is the world of Revengence where huffing nanomachines and strapping sticker sheets of ERA onto yourself makes you FUCKING INVINCIBLE. In Armstrong's ideal world his "strongest" would be such "deserving" people who have obtained power as such, him included, and in that case street punks are worth as much as the ants on the asphalt. They're not people in our world where even the most celebrated martial champion can be brought low in an alleyway from behind by a childfucking heroin addict with a knife.

Hell if I know how a society like that would go, though. How does a society of millions of warlords representing pocket nations move? For better or worse, current society came about as a result of a mixing of ideals and a stable platform to develop infrastructure and tech that can be applied to society as a whole. Even technologies developed in wartime doesn't spread to the rest of society until the war is winding down.
>>
>>13588802
>he doesn't want violence to promote decadence, he wants violence to promote the rules of nature where the stronger is justified in taking whatever they want from the weaker
That is decadence. That is precisely the opposite of civilization. The whole idea of civilized behavior is that working together is to the mutual benefit of both "strong" and "weak" because "weak" people can still have skills that "strong" do not. Even if you are strong enough to simply take from your neighbor, it is in your best interests to live in a society where your stronger neighbor will not take everything from you.in turn. This benefits absolutely everyone *except* the top 0.01% of the strongest of the "strong" for whom there would be no one strong enough to take from them, so it's the beneficial choice for 99.99% of humanity.
"The strong take from the weak" is the viewpoint of one who has only strength and neither foresight nor perception.
>>
>>
>>13588514
Anon you do realize he wants to turn the world into a FOtNS-style wasteland right
>>
File: 1448686381057.jpg (203 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448686381057.jpg
203 KB, 1920x1080
FUCK YEAH USA! BOMBING XENO SCUM AND XENO SYMPATHISER SCUM SINCE 2118
>>
File: 1424804478621.jpg (101 KB, 400x579) Image search: [Google]
1424804478621.jpg
101 KB, 400x579
>>
>>13588802

What he did to the children and how little he regarded human life in general showed he would be just as quick to slash and burn as lower thugs if it suited whatever goal he had at the time. Doing it on a higher scale doesn't change the fact that both are motivated by greed or the lulz.

I see Armstrong's vision winding up like most warlord 'paradises' as shown in Mad Max, Fist of the north star or MD Geist.
>>
>>13588514
>>13588428
You can already live that kill-or-be-killed life if you want, go move to the shittier parts of Africa. You don't need someone like Armstrong to come in and force you into it.

Give an antagonist a little charisma and everyone insists that said character is some sort of misunderstood savior nowadays for some reason.
>>
>>13589091

Trump is just missing a giant death robot and nanomachines to round out the cosplay.

... He IS cosplaying as Armstrong and not actually trying to run for prez, right?
>>
>>13588586
I love how he cameoed in that ninja game FromSoft did and still managed to kickass without a mech.
>>
>>13588756
>>13588744
>>13588634
>be DC metro citizen
>kek heartily when that line comes up
Didn't expect it, it's a great line for a politician.
>>
File: 1443391148353.jpg (115 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1443391148353.jpg
115 KB, 900x600
>>13589127
All you need is Trump.
>>
>>13589127
Trump would be like
>I know how it is to be weak. When I started out, my dad loaned me an army of 40.000 and three ICBM.
>>
>>13589232

To be fair, if they were 40, 000 unmodified merc operators vs a UG battalion, I can see why.

How the hell are you guys able to deal with Trump? Or are ya'll just waiting for him to take top seat for the second coming of the end of John F. Kennedy?
>>
>>13590911
He's a cartoon character, I don't take him seriously. He has to get through the establishment first to get the nomination anyway, and they're well known for assuring there aren't convention meltdowns by deciding and then setting up who they want beforehand. Even if he DID get it, at the rate he's going, he'll get the die-hards that always turn out to vote anyway, but he might also spur enough on the left to actually show up for a change just to deny him a win.
>>
>>13588752
Except for grooming child soldiers in the Liberian Civil War and killing their parents.
>>
>>13590911
I live in the fantasy that doing well in the lead-up to the actual caucuses can mean jack-shit. Howard Dean was leading in the polls all the way up to the end, and then got BTFO by Kerry (who then went on to get BTFO by Bush). There's also the probability that all the people he's alienated on the way up to the nomination will come out in droves to vote against him come November, resulting in the biggest landslide since Goldwater.

Of course, I'm also praying that all those people they talk to in the popularity polls are just trolls who say they like Trump just to spite the establishment, and aren't actually stupid enough to vote for him in the caucuses.
>>
>>13588740
That's Zaltsev. Lecoque is technically just a secretary, right up to the end.
>>
>>13590911
I'm just sitting back thumbing through my Australian passport.
>>
>>13590911

I like him. I even went to a rally last night
>>
File: respect the robot.jpg (41 KB, 670x425) Image search: [Google]
respect the robot.jpg
41 KB, 670x425
>/m/ politicians
>no one is respecting the robot
>>
>>13591063
Because he doesn't deserve it. It only took a month before he took the statue down and replaced it with a fucking dinosaur.
Fuck that guy.
>>
>>13591069
This.

Fuck dinosaurs.
>>
>>13591072
/m/ why must you sadden the spirit of Daizyujn
>>
>>13588752

up until they ruined that with "by the way Jack, I killed your parents lol"
>>
File: daizyujin.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
daizyujin.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
come to think of it he was the leader of an entire clan of people was he not AND had the best action scenes
>>
>>13590911

He won't win. Extremists never win the primaries, it's always someone moderate because the average voter doesn't want too much to change

>>13591035

I have one for China

I know people will immediately say "that's worse", and I don't know. I can always live in HK.
>>
File: lecoquelikeswherethisisgoing.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
lecoquelikeswherethisisgoing.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>13591027
Lecoque himself isn't actually very /m/ at all, is he? I mean, he's in a mecha show, but he doesn't actually pilot any suits or anything like that. He doesn't even tell people to respect the robot.
He was still great, though, and fun to hate.
>>
>>13588634
It IS pretty.
>>
>>13591114
Not a lot of /m/ show politicians actually do the mecha piloting.
Because you know, they're politicians, not mecha pilots.
>>
>>13591126
Yeah, that's true.
It just hit me how rare it is for the typical suit-and-tie politician to get in a robot and fight. I get why that is, but it's the first time I've ever noticed.
>>
>>13591146
There's a few, like the 'veteran turned president' archetype, Michael Wilson, the Independence Day guy (not mecha but close enough), the MC of Saints Row.
>>
>>13591162
i just want a mecha series where on of the hotblooded rebels challenges one of those old gray haired politician types in a one on one mech fight only to find out he's a war vet. the politician is shaky at first because of years of inactivity but after a few punches and close call missiles it all "comes back to him"
>>
File: treize.png (196 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
treize.png
196 KB, 512x384
One of the best.
>>
>>13589127
Trump is using Armstrong's campaign strategy of using memes to get elected.
>>
File: trump I'm growing stronger.jpg (143 KB, 419x430) Image search: [Google]
trump I'm growing stronger.jpg
143 KB, 419x430
>>13591310
And it's working, the absolute madman!
>>
File: 267[1].png (488 KB, 508x773) Image search: [Google]
267[1].png
488 KB, 508x773
>>13591326
>>
>>13589061
>Trunihit

Get the fuck out of here with that garbage masquerading as a man.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.