[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you do not take control of the thoughts, then the best choice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 1440240930282.jpg (225 KB, 760x538) Image search: [Google]
1440240930282.jpg
225 KB, 760x538
If you do not take control of the thoughts, then the best choice for мecha this joysticks or transmission system?
>>
File: hypnotoad.gif (79 KB, 303x198) Image search: [Google]
hypnotoad.gif
79 KB, 303x198
I take control of the thoughts
>>
>>13588092
Transmission System or Mobile Trace System.
Joysticks has never really made sense as a way to control the complex arm movements made by a mecha. With guns it's arguable that macros are used for control, but with beam sabers and swords it really just doesn't make sense.
>>
>>13588407
>he has never played a mech sim game in his life

poor thing, probably underage.
>>
>>13588092
Personally, I think joysticks. Everyone always drops AI and organic onboards when they consider the operation of a mecha. Instead, it's more like you're giving the initial instruction, with the mecha acting out the appropriate movements to meet the demand. So yeah, kinda like macros, but with a far more advanced capability to adjust accordingly.

One example is Eureka 7. The frame is organic by nature, so the control rig is set up in such a way that piloting becomes more like commanding than actually taking the controls. Another example is Full Metal Panic, where the only units capable of fluid movements were equipped with highly advanced AI that compensated for the rather crude control scheme.
>>
>>13588425
are you talking about Steel Battalion?
Isn't that only shooting
>>
>>13588092
I keep thinking she's being mindbroken i to a sex slave.
>>
>>13588440
>you will never mindbreak Noriko

Feels bad desu
>>
>>13588092
Definitely transmission.
If you have AI advanced enough to use joystick input to control a complicated robot with a high degree of freedom, then you really don't need to be in the machine.
>>
>>13588425
Not true. I play Gundam Assault Survive on the regular. Also Robot Alchemic Drive had an impressively intuitive control scheme.
Still, neither of these would actually be able to block properly. You could attack this way, but you'd see a lot of whiffing and almost no successful blocking.
>>
>>13588092
Steering wheel.
>>
File: i have.jpg (22 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
i have.jpg
22 KB, 704x528
>>
File: 1416836269265.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1416836269265.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>13588971
>assault survive
>mech sim
>>
Control via guitar

Control via organ keyboard

Control via stripper pole

Control via vagina-inserted device

Control via mixing your blood with hydraulic fluid

All are superior to stupid joysticks and physical tracking systems.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Best control system is the "It" machine from South park.
>>
>>13588407
Why the fuck doesn't it
Do computer vision, radar, inverse kinematics and trig not exist in your world.
>>
>>13588427
Its literally the same as driving a tank or jet FBW, you just tell it which way to point and the computer does the math and moves the limbs
If you run into someone who thinks mecha are controlled joint by joint (ie Megabots) you've met a retard.
>>
File: uuuuueeeeeeeeeeesstoooooooooo.jpg (3 MB, 2621x4031) Image search: [Google]
uuuuueeeeeeeeeeesstoooooooooo.jpg
3 MB, 2621x4031
>>13589290
>Control via guitar

Best. Although vagina is top tier, too.
>>
>>13588407
>Mobile Trace System
Not worth the effort. You're going to have to implement some level of autonomous behaviour for the robot for this to work (think about what happens when the pilot and the robot get desynchronized). But if you can do that, you might as well use that behaviour to make it possible to control via joystick.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.