[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is Ideon /m/ ? Is it good enough to be marathoned? should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ideon_full1.jpg (119 KB, 336x658) Image search: [Google]
ideon_full1.jpg
119 KB, 336x658
How is Ideon /m/ ?

Is it good enough to be marathoned? should I watch the full series or the just the movies instead?
>>
>>13588055
>Is it good enough to be marathoned?
I did that with a friend a while back over the course of two days

It was a hell of a fucking trip I'll tell you that

Watch full series + Be Invoked.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2368
>>13588055
Just finished Be Invoked myself earlier, it was really fucking great. New favourite series for sure. Like the other anon said, series + Be Invoked. Go for it.
>>
>>13588055
Ideon is fucking awesome and definitely worth watching in show form. I think it actually uses the episodic format to its advantage in a couple of ways that would be lost in another format.
>>
>>13588055
I'm waiting on the BDs of the series to be finished before starting it. Should I continue this or just jump in with what's available?
>>
>>13589817
It's 70s TV animation, watching it in 480p will give you effectively the same experience as if you watch it in 1080p. So long as you use the right subs it shouldn't really matter.
>>
>>13589824
I suppose having watched Dougram already, it wouldn't be too dissimilar.
>>
>>13588055
>How is Ideon /m/ ?
It's got a gigantic fucking robot. Of course it's /m/, you dumb cunt.

Learn comma usage.
>>
>>13589824
Wait for the BD of the series as it's being translated properly as well.
>>
>>13589853
What's wrong with the current subs?
>>
>>13593479
They're not accurate and miss a good chunk of what's actually being said.
>>
>>13594180
Well shit I just downloaded what's currently available the other day. When you say to wait for the Blu Rays do you mean that there's official subs being done for a western release or that we're collectively waiting for new fansubs?
>>
>>13594603
Get the ones from
irc://irc.rizon.net/encodergasm
>>
>>13588055
Ideon is pretty good. I really like it, mostly because of the Be Invoked movie (which is one of my favorite anime movies of all-time) than for the series itself, but I think it's the kind of aime wouldn't recommend for everyone, but mostly for enthusiasts of the genre.

I think there are some pacing issues in the middle and some other small problems, but overall, it's really good. Go for it.
>>
>>13594804
Are they still releasing them? I was looking here (https://secretninjaempire.wordpress.com/tag/ideon/) and it says 28 was the last episode released and that was in October.
>>
>>13588055
Don't marathon it, you'll get bored if you watch it all at once. Its good episode to episode but the combat builds up pretty slowly until 3/4ths through.
>>
>>13588055
>How is Ideon /m/ ?
Misread this question and got really fucking pissed.
>>
>>13588055
Ideon is fucking awesome, as well as objectively superior to Eva.

Really, the battle scenes are incredible, mecha designs are cool, etc etc

Definitely worth watching all TV episodes.
>>
>>13588055
You should watch both the TV series and the recap movie + Be Invoked.

Be Invoked is a sequel to the recap movie, not to the TV series. Some events and deaths in the recap movie played out differently than they did in the TV series, and Be Invoked follows the recap movie. But recap movie on its own is not enough since it condenses 30+ episodes worth of content into ~90 minutes, and misses out on some genuinely great stuff from the TV series, like episode 14. If you only watch the recap movie, you probably won't get attached to any of the characters or experience their character growth, so Be Invoked will probably have a lot less impact on you. The recap movie is slightly more sympathetic towards the Buff Clan (In the TV series, they immediately attack planet Solo and act ruthless from the start, in the recap movie, the conflict starts by accident when one of the pilots fires on colonists without being ordered to because he's afraid for Karala's safety, if I remember correctly), and offers some more insight into Harulu's psyche, etc.

So watch TV series, then the recap movie, then Be Invoked.

Don't be scared that the recap movie will bore you to death since you've already seen the TV series, it's like 30 episodes crammed into an hour and a half so it goes by pretty fast. As for marathoning the TV series, the first cour of the TV series is kinda slow so maybe you shouldn't marathon it but later on it becomes pretty great. When I started I only watched like an episode or two in a day at first but in the end I watched the last ~20 episodes and both movies in like one day.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.