[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /m/ i just finished this, it was so much better then what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: getter.png (811 KB, 442x766) Image search: [Google]
getter.png
811 KB, 442x766
Ok /m/ i just finished this, it was so much better then what i was expecting from something originally aimed at such a young age range. Then again the dude worked with Nagai so its hardly that surprising i guess. Anyway despite all my favourite characters ending up dead or fucked up, i have a thirsting for more. Are there any other good Ishikawa mecha manga out there or just getter (Or his mazinger stuff as i already read all that).
>>
>>13587492
There's plenty of good Ishikawa mecha stuff if you can read nip. All his other works that have been translated aren't /m/, but are still generally pretty good.
>>
>>13587510
i can read very very basic Japanese so if you know any good ones ill check for raws, otherwise what non /m/ stuff has e done? I just started reading Amon Saga which is pretty fun.
>>
>>13587523
Gale! Beast Machine Corps 203, Seiten Taisen Freeder Bug and Skull Killer Jakiou are his /m/ mangas that I remember off the top of my head.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=1744
He's done a lot of non /m/ stuff as you can tell from this list. Out of his works that were fully translated, I'd say Makai Tensho and Samurai of the Meiji Restoration were the best, though Eurasia 1274 was also pretty nice. If you want raws, best places to check are randomraws and nyaa, assuming that Ishikawa batch torrent is still up.
>>
>>13587492
>Then again the dude worked with Nagai so its hardly that surprising i guess

Heh
>>
>>13587583
Heh?
>>
hey guys whats going on aqui
>>
whooooaa a getter thread? what is this 2009. you getter fags need to fuck off with your cancer
>>
>>13587583
>>13587592
>>13587596
all me btw
>>
>>13587598
>>13587596
>>13587592
>>13587583
haha all me gotcha
>>
>>13587592
>>13587596
>>13587598
>>13587602
literalmente me
>>
>>13587576
Thanks a lot man, is Seiten Taisen Freeder Bug a getter spin off or somthing, cus it has the exact same name and design as the mech Kamui piloted right at the end. Or is it just sameface?
>>
>>13587605
>>13587602
>>13587598
>>13587596
lol me as well
>>
>getter thread
>spicposting
well time to fuck off
im not the spic btw
>>
>>13587612
lol its me gotcha hermano
>>
Is this le epic new meme? Let me try.

Getter Robo is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive literal faggotry and SIDEBURNS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The psychotic characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the attack screaming, peculiar, colorful pilot suits, the whole cultural posturing faggotry and everything about the Getter Robo world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the kung-fu character backgrounds, emphasis on Getter 1, and overall dick-waving of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /m/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Getter Robo threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
>>
>>13587618
>Naruto
missed that spot
>>
>>13587618
are you impressed guys i wrote an essay this time
>>
Huh?
Only Hayato was psychotic, and maybe a few of the villain generals
>>
I love the Getter and Black Getter units from ACE 3, but I've never seen the anime. I rarely watched Super Robot because I never got around to it besides Godmars and Giant Gorg. What's it about?
>>
>>13587628
i read the manga stuff so far, and they all have different plots, but the common theme is about evolution. Its got some pretty great fights and some sick designs throughout.
>>
>>13587631
Hmm, what about the villains? Are they actual sentient beings? Or are they treated like a force of nature?
>>
>>13587635
Individual characters from different groups depending on the series. They're all pretty well characterised, even some of the minor mooks.

If anything i would say Getter was more a force of Nature, especially in the last three series.
>>
>>13587635
Actual sentient beings that have a reason for doing what they're doing, with Gore having the best of them.
>>
>>13587628
>I never got around to it besides Godmars

I can see why you never got around to it. My condolences.
>>
>>13587710
Was Godmars truly that bad?
>>
>>13587648
>I WUZ A KING N SHIET
>>
>>13587618
>Naruto
one job
ONE FUCKING JOB
>>
>>13587736
You couldn't tell just by watching it? The title robot was about as animated as a dead body, the plot and characters were consistently stupid throughout (with the ironic exception of the Earth government and the Char clone), and despite the use of scientific terms, there was so much blatant disregard for science that it was almost hilarious. This is a show where people give orders to fire at enemy ships that are literally light years away and do so with dead seriousness.

God Mars is like the original trainwreck anime, although the more hilarious moments are farther apart than I'd like. But yeah, you get the point.
>>
>>13587492
Essential Ishikawa mecha (besides Getter)

Giant Robot tier
Skull Killer Jakioh (modern day sci-fi)
Gale Beast Machine Corps 203 (Russo-Jap war steam powered robot)
Freeder Bug (future sci-fi sort of Getter re-imagining with teh rei)
Super Robot Retsuden (mazinger+getter+jeeg+great+gren kicking ass and cracking jokes)

Other Mecha tier
Kyomu Senki (multi-dimensional hindu mecha space wars)
The Southern Cross Kid (space cowboy)
Gokudo Heiki (one of his best imo)
>>
>>13587628
>>13587710
>>13587736
Let's not forget that it ranked as the best anime of the year, according to animage.

That said, it's not that bad and you can do a lot worse.

On the positives, the characters are actually well animated. The plot is a bit cliche and the 2nd arc drags for way TOO long, and that is pretty much the only reason it gets so much hate, but story itself wasn't bad. They should have just shortened it. With that said, the first arc was actually pretty good. The third and final arc just wrapped everything up and I guess it was alright.

I'm not mad that I watched Godmars, though it doesn't have a lot of rewatch value.
>>
>>13588088
I also want to emphasize how good the character animation was for 1981. Apart from the fact that the robots didn't move a lot, everything else had almost no visible QUALITY at all, compared to Macross which came out a year after.
>>
File: 849full-yakuza-weapon-poster.jpg (276 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
849full-yakuza-weapon-poster.jpg
276 KB, 849x1200
>>13587903
People should watch the Gokudou Heiki movie. For a low budget flick, it was pretty interesting.

There is one super crazy scene that's like 2+ mins long, and it was all done in one single take. That was cool as fuck.
>>
>>13587903
>>13588099
Wait, is the manga translated?
>>
>>13587903
But KS is Buddhist
Also forgot to mention Gokudo Heiki and honestly, if Southern Cross Kid and the non-mech bits of Kyomu Senki count so should Janki 2025, probably the most violent mahjong manga ever written
>>
>>13587592
>>13587596
>>13587598
>>13587602
>>13587605
>>13587610
>>13587612
>>13587616
What was wrong with Mazinger, spic? Why did you stop shitposting in them?
>>
File: IMG_0001.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little getter pilot? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the mexican school of evil bullies, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret shitposts on /m/, and I have over 300 confirmed traumatic childhood experiences. I am trained in dinosaur warfare and I’m the top closet homosexual in the entire Zeon armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another episode of Gaogaigar. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on the Earthsphere, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over my irrational hatred of classic super robot manga? Think again, bully. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spics across the USA, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Garada, and /a/ and your attempts to have any kind of thread is being shitposted right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your internet community. You’re fucking pleb, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can make sweet shitskin homo love to you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare ass. Not only am I extensively trained in telling people not to like what I dont like, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Mechanical Spic Army and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of 4chan, you little BRO. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “sensible & mature” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn oldtype. I will shit spic lies all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, Ryouma
>>
>>13587903
Wish most of them were translated.

Ishikawa Ken is very underrated when it comes to works outside Getter Saga.
>>
not ishikawa but try Dancouga Burn.
>>
How come there's only one Ishikawa fujo?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.