[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've read some time ago that Yzak's voice actor was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 800x600
I've read some time ago that Yzak's voice actor was quite close to Sunrise but there was a scandal during the airing of Mai Hime that made Sunrise upset, removed the character from the sequel and cut all ties with his voice actor.

Can anyone tell me the details?
>>
>>13587474
He was in the sequel. Just not involved in the plot as much as last season.
>>
>>13587474
Considering all the roles Seki Tomokazu has done, smells like bullshit.
>>
>>13587474
Who's this qt?
>>
File: kll;k.jpg (3 KB, 116x90) Image search: [Google]
kll;k.jpg
3 KB, 116x90
>>13587474
How about using an image where he plays the lead instead of side character?
>>
File: ;l,l;l;.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
;l,l;l;.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>13587640
Or this guy.
>>
>>13587644
>>
>>13587474
>Supposedly, the character of Yuuichi Tate in Mai-HiME was not recycled into Mai-Otome because his voice actor, Tomokazu Seki, spoiled the ending of the first series.

>Giving away that massive spoiler saw him axed from the Mai Hime franchise and Sunrise as a whole.

>He is a great character actor, supremely confident, cocky even. It also unfortunately means that he’s prone to the odd gaffe. His most recent famous role is probably Gilgamesh from F/S
>>
>>13587474
It might be bullshit but I believe it. Seki has always been a weird and perverted old man.

Good thing he scored as Kogami and Gilgamesh so that he will always have work to do.
>>
>>13587507
He wasn't. Sergay was a slightly different character with a different VA.

Anyways what it says is that he was originally meant to be in Otome but there was a schedule conflict so he recommended Konishi from the same theater group. I can't think of any new roles he's had in Sunrise stuff since then but wouldn't say they've "cut all ties".

Allegedly they're supposed to have been pissed off he spoiled stuff, and god knows Fukuda threw a bitch fit when Sumipe hinted too hard Top Maid would come back but it hasn't seemed to hurt her career otherwise. Fuck if I can find any reference to this in Japanese though and the mid-2000s English anime community is pretty well known for having completely made shit up to justify their autistic hate boners.
>>
>>13587704
>Sumipe hinted too hard Top Maid would come back
It was very obvious anyway.
>>
File: 1205815790014.gif (97 KB, 413x416) Image search: [Google]
1205815790014.gif
97 KB, 413x416
>>13587574
Seolla.
>>
File: seki character types.jpg (91 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
seki character types.jpg
91 KB, 600x900
>>
>>13587574
Youmu.
>>
>>13587898
Damn he voiced a lot of characters I had no idea.
He's got range.
>>
>>13587930
He's got range and can actually act. Shame about that awful personality.
>>
>>13588796
>Shame about that awful personality.
He's entertaining company and all, just sometimes he goes too far.

Honestly Midorikawa is about the same.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.