[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought for sure that their rushed relationship was because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: unacceptable.jpg (91 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
unacceptable.jpg
91 KB, 1366x768
I thought for sure that their rushed relationship was because of the movies cutting a bunch of stuff, but it's just as bad on the series. What the fuck was Tomino thinking?
>>
>>13583175
I always thought he felt like a fifth wheel. A character who always felt like a guest, and never part of the main cast.
>>
>>13583175
I wonder what would have happened if both Sleggar and Ryu lived through the whole series. Does Bright marry Mirai or does she stick with Sleggar?
>>
>>13583340
Mirai gets with Sleggar. Hathaway is never born.
>>
>What the fuck was Tomino thinking?

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be traveling on now
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see.

But if I stayed here with you, girl,
Things just couldn't be the same.
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now,
And this bird you can not change, oh, oh, oh, oh.
And this bird you can not change.
And this bird you can not change.
Lord knows I can't change.
>>
File: sleg.jpg (575 KB, 900x1300) Image search: [Google]
sleg.jpg
575 KB, 900x1300
>>13583175
does it really matter its a rushed relationship? especially in a war scenario
even sleggar knows the relationship would be a bad idea. Mirai hasnt had the TIME to actually get to know him
shes just a horny teenager throwing herself at the only manly man on the ship sorry bright that kid of thing happens all the time
>>
>>13583345
I wonder how that would have changed the ending of 0079.
>>
>>13583340
She most likely stays with Sleggar, he was actually a good man, if full of bravado.
>>
>>13583355
If Mirai and Sleggar just boned because it's war and who cares I wouldn't have any problem with it, the way it happens though feels like she suddenly falls in love with him after thinking he's a jerk since he was first introduced.
>>
>>13583368
That's typical young woman behavior though.
>>
>>13583384
It still makes for a shitty story.
>>
>>13583389
So it's fits in perfectly with a majority of 0079.
>>
>>13583389
So it would be better if it was more unrealistic?
>>
>>13583446
It's not like Mirai falling for a jerk is the only possible realistic scenario in this situation.
>>
>>13583458
I'm sure there are countless other possible realistic scenarios in this situation. It wouldn't be bad if one of those had happened. But at the same time, considering that the scenario we got is a realistic scenario, its no better or worse than other possible realistic scenarios.
>>
>>13583458
Sleggar seemed like a joke when he first got on, but he warmed up to the White Base crew pretty quickly, and was pretty bro-tier with everyone after their first battle together. Even the god damn orphans came to like him, and they were a pretty good judge of character on the ship.
>>
>>13583175
>yfw Bright sent Sleggar to his death in order to avoid getting keked

Was Bright the smartest guy in 0079?
>>
>>13583501
jerk*, not joke, my bad.
>>
>>13583493
If on the way to the final battle, Amuro slipped, hit his head and died, it would've been realistic, accidents like that do happen. It would've also been a shitty story. Realistic =/= good.
>>
>>13583537
Okay. Not sure how Mirai falling for Sleggar is comparable to that, though.
>>
>>13583616
It was just an extreme example to show that even though UC Gundam should be realistic, realism is not necessarily a good thing by itself.Mechas are not even realistic in the first place

I think rushing a romantic relationship in a series comes off as shitty writing, even if that's not too far from how it happens on real life, it's just a very uninteresting and shallow way for things to develop.

But whatever, I'm dropping this conversation, I'm getting to autistic levels of defensive.
>>
>>13583175
>movies egual to or greater than TV series

You don't say??
>>
>>13583356
Bright is slightly butthurt so he accidentally pushes Amuro into space instead of helping them rescue him and Char destroys the earth
>>
>>13583203
That's exactly what he was. He comes in far too late to have galvanized with the crew during any number of major plot points and he dies before he will connects with anyone other than being the cool older character/quick mentor figure.
>>
>>13583458

Why is he a jerk? He's actually pretty cool.

Projecting much?
>>
>>13583822

A lot of butthurt fags think the Zeta movies are bad.

Honestly, I can't even watch all of Zeta. The movies showed what is important and cut a lot of bullshit. No, I don't care about Rosamia, fuck that bitch, it was boring. Granted they cut that part.

So yeah, the movies, if they were edited by Tomino, are always best than the cash-in toy commercial series.
>>
>>13583175
It's hard not to wanna fuck a guy who walks up and slaps the shit out of your fiance and then you afterwards.
>>
>>13583203
You have it backwards, he was the cool guy in a school of weird kids
>>
>>13583175
Well from what I remember, he was a guy who was giving her genuine attention. Bright was super distant and no other guy on whitebase was able to connect with her like he did. Shoot, Bright didn't start really start to express his feeling for her until Sleggar died.
>>
>>13583345
Mirai marries Sleggar
Roy Focker is born.
>>
>>13583175
>>13583355
>>13584479
She got wet for Sleggar because he was the only motherfucker on the ship who could be open and honest about his and others' feelings at the time. Bright clammed up once he found out about her fiance because he was trying to be a gentleman and couldn't let duty/protocol go when it came into conflict with his feelings. That's why his later defection to AEUG should be taken as such a shock/defining character moment. I'm much more annoyed that they turned Mirai into another serene spacewaifu and didn't have her be the one to goad/threaten him into leaving; There should be no way she'd stand for all the Federation/Titans hijinks after the bullshit they went through in the OYW.

>>13584012
I forgot about the second time where he slaps her during my last re-watch. Fukkin love that dude.
>>
>>13584479
Yeah, Mirai was enamoured by Bright's tight slaps. But Bright was always too busy slapping Amuro and Kai, neglecting to slap Mirai. On the other HAND, Sleggar readily gave Mirai the slap she wanted so much.
>>
>>13583175
>What the fuck was Tomino thinking?

90% of the target demographic probably never had a gf and wouldn't understand the nuances of a romantic relationship anyway so who cares?
>>
>>13584545
We don't have lives so we need something to complain about it, in order to give them meaning.
>>
>>13583340
If you go by Gihren Greed, then Slegger retire and spend his time traveling around Earth, and Ryu continue to work for federation. Both of them join with the AEUG during Gryph conflict. After the war Ryu became a general, I think.
>>
remember that mirai was a newtype?
>>
>>13584484
Suddenly CCA just got a whole lot more interesting.

>A young Roy Focker just slaps Quess on the ass and tells her to forget about Amuro and Char.
>>
>>13584690
everyone in white base is a newtype
>>
File: 22703.jpg (51 KB, 1000x569) Image search: [Google]
22703.jpg
51 KB, 1000x569
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.