[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>based on nearly a decade old model with four, count 'em,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: NZ-333_Alpha_Azieru.jpg (141 KB, 306x538) Image search: [Google]
NZ-333_Alpha_Azieru.jpg
141 KB, 306x538
>based on nearly a decade old model with four, count 'em, four I-Field generators

>doesn't have a single I-field generator

>in a battlefield paradigm where one beam rifle = dead

>added more mega particle cannons instead

why
>>
>>13582412
What if the Delaz Fleet had waited until Char's return instead?
>>
>>13582412
Because everyone wanted Quess dead.
>>
>>13582447

Good point.

>>13582440

The timing was pretty crucial with the Fleet Review, but yeah I don't see why their plan couldn't have been initiated later.
>>
>>13582412
they seemed to have been built for very different purposes, even if they do look the same. Axis designed Neue Ziel to be a fast strike mobile armor with only a couple beam cannons and most of the power going to its I-Fields for defense as it attacked a much larger group of ships or mobile suits.

Alpha Azeiru (designed at Sweetwater from what we can tell) was actually closer to the Elmeth in design and application. it had those huge long range boosters but they were unwieldy in combat and needed to be ejected. its main weapons wernt the wire guide beam guns on the binders but the huge mobile suit-sized funnels on its rear skirts, which i dont even remember Quess using because she's an idiot. instead of quick strikes it was probobly meant to cruise out to the combat zone then stay behind in cover while the funnels did all the work, like when Elmeth attacked Konpeitoh.
>>
>>13582560

In short, Quess ruins everything yet again.
>>
File: TheLaughingComet.gif (317 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
TheLaughingComet.gif
317 KB, 500x375
>>13582447
Alright /m/, it's time to stop telling jokes. We've finally reached the apex of funny.
>>
>>13582440
Glemy > Char

When Char resurfaces, he discloses that he's Casval and I don't think Delaz really cares about the pre-Principality days. They're loyal to Gihren
>>
It got blown up by a grenade so that would have been a waste anyway.
>>
>>13582624

Only because Quess is terrible and we have Char to thank for putting an unstable teenage brat in the cockpit of a mobile armor.
>>
>>13582662
To be fair to Char, in his experience putting unstable teenage brats in control of powerful mobile weapons almost always worked out. He just picked the wrong unstable teenager this time.
>>
>>13582624
Reminder that vulcans in CCA can blow a MS to bits.
>>
>>13582851

I like to think its directors and animators not giving a fuck about consistency, and then nerds backpeddling trying to defend it as 'rapid tech advanacement you guise!'
>>
>>13582805
>putting unstable teenage brats in control of powerful mobile weapons almost always worked out.
Suits.
Mobile SUITS, Char.
Putting them in mobile ARMORS nearly always ended badly.
>>
>>13582865
It was before the days of concretely cataloging fictional military hardware to exact specifications. Nobody figured out you could do that yet so nobody gave two shits about the actual tech, which is how the vulcans are all fucky and apparently 60mm.
>>
>>13582412

Because she's bait.

Char was using her as a distraction while he set off the nuclear rockets on Axis.
>>
>>13582865
CCA isn't the first time vulcans blow up MS.

Of course sometimes beam sabers also can't cut through random ass things because reasons.

>people claim UC is consistent
>>
>>13583008
you normally want your decoy to last as long as possible so that doesnt really explain shit
>>
Alpha was also a newtype machine with psycommu and funnels and shit, while Neue was built for old types.

Maybe they figured the I fields would interfere or that it would be a waste because a Newtype pilot should be dodging.
>>
>>13582412

IZUBUCHI BOYS
>>
>>13583028
Examples of the beam saber thing?
>>
>>13582412

Hey OP, at least it puts up a fair fight in MS Saga.
>>
>>13582560
>Alpha Azeiru (designed at Sweetwater from what we can tell) was actually closer to the Elmeth in design and application
That's what I gathered as well. It's supposed to have very powerful funnels (or were they bits?) to wreck havoc at long distances.
>>
>>13583163
it's a bigass mobile armor meant to sit on its ass and spam (funnels and beam gun turrets), it's not meant to dodge shit
>>
Quin Mantha would have raped this thing.
>>
>>13584357
psyco gundam mark II probably could have too
>>
>>13584357
>>13584365
how did Haman's Neo Zeon get all that tech again?
>>
>>13584357
THE Quin Mantha was repaired during the CCA era but got wrecked by a single fucking knockoff hunk of trash from the OYW era.
>>
>>13584514

Read Gundam Sentinel
>>
>>13582560
But she did, Amuro shot those down with no effort
>>
>>13584694

>THE Quin Mantha was repaired during the CCA era but got wrecked by a single fucking knockoff hunk of trash from the OYW era.

You mean the "UC Side Story #We Fucking Lost Count aka Missing Link" game where they managed to pull "Remnant of the Glenmy's Faction" out of their ass in an attempt to assassinate Char?
>>
>>13583417
Not that guy, can't name specific examples off the top of my head but he's not wrong. You get everything from small gashes to parts or whole suits simply being sliced in two throughout UC and every AU.

I still don't know if a beam saber is supposed to be a solid thing functionally identical to a real sword with mass or if it's an unstable containment of energy that's better used like an industrial cutter or something.
>>
>>13586620

>I still don't know if a beam saber is supposed to be a solid thing functionally identical to a real sword with mass or if it's an unstable containment of energy that's better used like an industrial cutter or something.

It is pretty much the latter where superheated minovsky particles is used to form a blade
>>
>>13586620
Both. In UC if the I-field forming the beam saber is blocked by another saber then they repel and clash like real swords. This also happens when a beam saber strikes a shield for no real reason. AU beam sabers act just like UC ones because they're not going to be consistent with real physics, so they might as well just be consistent with what the rest of the franchise does.
>>
>>13584514
While Glemy was dicking around with Roux and the Gundam team, Haman was busy taking over all the leftover Titans resources, like Kilimanjaro and the Pscyo Gundam Mk II
>>
>>13582412
You know that this beast was fighting Amuro. This beast wreck so much shit it can hold the line alone. Its only bad luck Neu-Ziel first sortie was against Amuro
>>
>>13589095
>Neu-Ziel
Alpha Azieru
Fuck me I'm high as fuck
>>
>>13582412
I loved this thing in Z3. It's both the perfect grunt killer and training wheels for Katz/Emma/Hathaway, with two ALL attacks, bulk, cheap EN usage and 24 ammo beam fingers.
>>
File: BigUns.jpg (273 KB, 600x1026) Image search: [Google]
BigUns.jpg
273 KB, 600x1026
In my mind, the Alpha Aziel and the Neue Ziel are switched. Even their names make more sense that way!
>>
When written by Tomino, Mobile Armors always have glass jaws.
>>
>>13582412

Spoilers: Neue Ziel was a retcon you colossal fucking retard.
>>
>>13589327
>>13589327
I like how a big point is made that The O has enough armor to take a beam rifle shot but at the same time Mobile Armors have to rely on I fields to not be fragile as fuck

Another question: Why aren't there I fields on big ass important ships? I realize that this is a universe where one mobile suit is typically more dangerous than one ship but at the same time you'd think they'd want to protect their backup better
>>
>>13582986

Has there ever been a mobile armor that didn't get exploded, regardless of who was piloting it?

The whole 'mobile armor' category of machines basically exists to be SUPER STRONG BOSS enemy, and as anyone who plays Dark Souls can tell you enemy bosses exist to be killed.
>>
>>13582412
Looks like Jesus on a cross or some shit
>>
>>13589496

Because that would make battleships relevant, much like anyone in UC having battleship turrets with targeting systems more advanced than stuff we considered obsolete in the late 50s.

A terrorist organization can afford to chug out six or seven custom order mobile suits/armors with I-fields or similar levels of anti beam defense in order to challenge the protagonist. Meanwhile, the ESF with the resources of a whole planet at their beck can't seem to find the budget to put an I Field defense system on... anything, really.
>>
File: 3435.jpg (340 KB, 1200x1714) Image search: [Google]
3435.jpg
340 KB, 1200x1714
>>13589659

This fucker stayed alive for quite long
>>
>>13589666
Something about ship I-fields taking too much energy or something. Mother Vanguard had a beam/wings of light shield or something instead.
>>
File: 99090.jpg (1 MB, 2057x3032) Image search: [Google]
99090.jpg
1 MB, 2057x3032
>>13589669
Titans had some cool weapons
>>
>>13589659
Olvier in Igloo managed to survive in the Big Rang but the big rang was destroyed. Also alot of MA pilots die to either 1) support defend (Quess, lalah, Four) 2) cheap shots (big zam, shamblo)
>>
>>13589666
>Because that would make battleships relevant, much like anyone in UC having battleship turrets with targeting systems more advanced than stuff we considered obsolete in the late 50s.

Minovski particles defeat long-range targeting systems. That's why Mobile Suits are necessary -- close combat is pretty much the only option.
>>
>>13589798

That utterly fails to explain why turrets are worthless at mobile suit distances against mobile suits. Seriously, less than 10 mobile suits have been killed onscreen by ship-based turrets since the original gundam.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.