[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people say this is a red pilled, /pol/ friendly anime ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13
File: LoGH_Overture_to_a_New_War.jpg (38 KB, 300x430) Image search: [Google]
LoGH_Overture_to_a_New_War.jpg
38 KB, 300x430
Why do people say this is a red pilled, /pol/ friendly anime ?
>>
>>13578873
It's got space nazis. They're always getting their asses kicked, though.
>>
>>13578873
The antagonists of the final arc, the Earth Cult, is pretty much religious extremism personified. I'm surprised how much ISIS/ISIL has in common with the Earth Cult, what with both groups wanting to prevent peace and instigate all-out, armageddon tier war by pitting two sides/ideologies against each other.
>>
>>13578886
The Space Nazis are gone by the end of the first season though, and they're portrayed as incompetent bad guys.
>>
>>13578873
Because the Empire of Lohengramm dynasty is portrayed in a much more sympathetic way than corrupt FPA.
The thing is that probably after the death of Reinhard there would be some consitutional/republican reforms.
Also, strange that there was no trade unions or other forms of protest against FPA's social politics. But, hey, we have death squads, just like in South America!
>>
>>13578919
>The thing is that probably after the death of Reinhard there would be some consitutional/republican reforms.
Yeah, that is what happens. Julian boards the ship at the end, convinces Reinhard of the value of gradually reforming into a constitutional monarchy, and when Reinhard dies and Hildegard becomes regent, he pretty much gives her permission to turn it into a constitutional monarchy when she feels it's time.

>>13578919
There were protests in the first season, involving Yang's first waifu, but we saw how repressive the FPA was when they shot them all up. I guess we can just assume that if any protests were to happen on any other planet, they'd be dealt with the same way.
>>
>>13578952
>here were protests in the first season, involving Yang's first waifu,
They were not about social politics, they were about governing. "We don't want junta, give us the parliament back!" or something like that.
Actually, the Greenhill's junta was something that could save FPA from falling under the strikes of Lohengramm's fleet.
>>
>>13578873
You're thinking of Angel Cop.
>>
>>13578964
Gah, I thought it was Jessica Edwards protesting against Trunicht's policies on war and cutting back on spending in social sectors. Now that I look it up you're right
>>
>>13578964
>Actually, the Greenhill's junta was something that could save FPA from falling under the strikes of Lohengramm's fleet.

What? No, Greenhill's junta and the FPA civil war were what doomed the FPA. The 11th Fleet and the Artemis Necklace, both lost during the civil war, could have given the FPA the strength to better resist Reinhard's invasion, or at the very least, given Yang those precious few minutes to finish off Reinhard at Vermillion.
>>
>>13579011
>given Yang those precious few minutes to finish off Reinhard at Vermillion
I like to think that proved that, at the end of the day, Yang is a slightly better strategist and tactician than Reinhard. But if Reinhard did die, then things would have gone to shit for another 100 years. Naturally, things won't remain peaceful forever, but he succeeded in uniting the Space peoples under one flag, and creating a stable, united state. The gradual galaxy-wise transition into a constitutional monarchy, and probably becoming a full on republic somewhere far down the line, is something that would never have happened without him. Without a Reinhard, the galaxy would have remained split into the two camps for hundreds of years more.
>>
Technically, the fascists win, don't they?
>>
File: reuenthrall.png (115 KB, 356x275) Image search: [Google]
reuenthrall.png
115 KB, 356x275
>>13579011
The entire Vermillion battle made no sense at multiple points, its probably the worst written event in the series. I had no idea what was going on.
>>
>>13579230

Naa, the fascists all got purged.

Think of it almost like a reverse of what happened in germany. An opressive autocracy gaining a benevolent and enlightened autocrat who steers the state in the direction of good government and constitutional reforms.
>>
>>13578873
It doesnt paint anything that /pol/ would be for in a positive light, anyone who says that must be retarded. It's about as redpilled as a history documentary.
>>
>>13578873
It's memeing.

A lot of people on /pol/ do seem to like it, though. It's probably the only anime that gets decent threads outside of /a/m/, for that matter.
>>
File: SJW_hates_robowaifu.png (266 KB, 477x414) Image search: [Google]
SJW_hates_robowaifu.png
266 KB, 477x414
>>13578993
And armitage 3.
>>
>>13578873
Under /pol/vision
1.Space german of Space 2nd Reich win at the end.
2.Multicultural and democratic nation lose at the end.
>>
>>13578873
Because you are retarded
Anything who says anything of this sort is retarded
Literally go gas yourself
>>
>>13580158
GAS YOUR FAGS !
>>
>>13578873
What does /pol/ thinks of /m/?

All their board threads have no mention of /m/.
It's a good thing I guess.
Except that one /pol/ack asking what mech rhodesian would ride.
>>
>>13580095
Pretty much this. Seeing LoGH as "fuck yeah Fascism" defeats the points of a lot of dialogue in the show. But since Reinhard's empire ends up as the dominant force, I can see how some people interpret it this way.
>>
>>13578908
No, the original Goldenbaum was quite competent, it's just that he didn't know how to build a system that lasted and tended towards genocide. So his dynasty turned into a poorly managed kleptocracy that kept power through military rule and political supression.
>>
>>13579230
Reinhard's regime wasn't fascist.
>>
>>13578873
babbys 1st realpolitik anime with super aryan siscon MC
>>
>>13580396
>babbys 1st realpolitik anime
But there aren't any others.
>>
>people saying FPA or the Empire won

They both won, the war is over and for the time being there is competent leaders in office who don't want to fight it out with each other. Also, both countries point out the the inherent flaws and pros of their governing systems.
>>
>>13580261
>>13580384
Yeah. While he was certainly an autocrat, IIRC in the show he was described as giving a lot more autonomy to individual planets in the Empire and increasing democratic institutions on local levels.
>>
>yfw the 2 most politically dynamic pieces of modern motion picture entertainment were LoGH and the Star Wars prequels
Think about how shitty this is. Let it sink in.
>>
>>13578873
>Why do people say this is a red pilled, /pol/ friendly anime ?
very inaccurate
>>
>>13580713
Well, yes. Politics in mass culture are poorly made and using "good/moral and bad/immoral" point of view.
>>
>>13580252
/m/ is a niche board. people who browse other boards barely knows /m/.
>>
>>13580515
the fight is always one sided my friend
>>
File: Cc1AB53.png (36 KB, 1908x1208) Image search: [Google]
Cc1AB53.png
36 KB, 1908x1208
>>13580746
And thank god for that. It's probably one of the reasons why we're so low on the graph
>>
>>13580759
It's to be expected /co/ and /cgl/ are so high, but I found it amusing that /pol/ is also comparatively high, given how much they loathe tumblr. Of course, there's always going to be doubt over how the image was made or if it's even legitimate at all (shoops, etc.) but it's still amusing.
>>
>>13580773
I'd assume the reason why they are high was due to mockery or quotation of some-sort
>>
>>13580773
I think that image oversimplifies how it works.
It doesn't account for ironic, accusatory, demonstrational or otherwise non-sincere use of tumblr idioms, for instance.
>>
>>13580780
there's also the possibility that they're just as fucking ridiculous, reactionary, and directionlesslu vengeful as tumblroids are, just in the opposite direction.
>>
>>13580773
>>13580780
Maybe. I wonder if that's the case for /lit/; it wouldn't surprise me if they made fun of tumblr a lot, though it's also possible there's a lot of tumblr there too.

>>13580789
And that certainly is very true.
>>
>>13578873

Realistically depicts the flaws of democracy and the strengths of authoritarianism while not sucking one off as a superior ideology. What's important isn't the ideology, but the people behind it.
>>
>>13578873

ah yes le redpilled anime

i am also enlightened
>>
Watch it and see for yourself, you faggot.
>>
>>13579938
I take it you've never lurked /pol/ prior to moot fucking it up with country flags and other shenanigans he used to drive actual discussion away? A significant portion of old /pol/ was made up of monarchists and austro-fascists. Monarchism is portrayed quite positively in LOTGH; compared to most other shows, animated or not, it's portrayed as godly good. And the series in general has a very right-wing veneer over everything in how it portrays things.

Hope this did not trigger your sorry ass.
>>
>>13580261
/pol/ is not /fascism/ (or was not). I guess turning it into that sort of boogeyman worked among retards like you.
>>
>>13580405
Babby's first and Babby's last.
>>
More /pol/ themes in LOTGH:

cultural decay and social degeneracy (explicitly brought up numerous times, quite explicitly/unambiguously a couple of times); the inherent corruption of democratic systems (a central theme); the idea that in the grand scheme of things, men of merit have the most impact, not mobs/the great unwashed, regardless of political system (FPA holds its own against the Empire for a while not because it is democratic, but because it has a few good men, like Yang, who pull their own weight and more around them, in spite of its democracy) and a general acknowledgement of excellence as virtuous and the pursuit of excellence over "equality" as being the worthier goal.

And a plethora of other minor things that added up make Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu a fundamentally right-wing narrative with traditionalist overtones (albeit small), which is why it's "/pol/-tier" or "red pilled", or better put, why it is well seen even outside it niche as a space opera.
>>
>>13580888
>>13580891

>A significant portion of old /pol/ was made up of monarchists and austro-fascists.

Whatever the case may have been back then, /pol/ nowadays is pretty much just brownshirts. Maybe old /pol/ would have liked the Lohengramm dynasty, but saying "/pol/ (as it exists right now) wouldn't like LoGH much" is true.

You're right to say it portrays monarchism relatively positively, which is the most /pol/ thing about it, but in everything else, even the type of monarchism espoused by Reinhard (far less absolutist and far more egalitarian than most "austro-fascists" would be comfortable with), there's more to insult /pol/acks than please them.

>Hope this did not trigger your sorry ass.

It didn't, though it does sound like you'd fit in at new /pol/, even if it does have "country flags and other shenanigans." You might want to think a little bit more carefully before assuming anyone who doesn't go to /pol/ must therefore go to tumblr.
>>
>>13580926
Or in short, anyone who thinks
>space prussians led by a blonde prodigy conquering the galaxy
is somehow not going to appeal to right-leaning people is grasping at straws. Proof of this, just wait and watch tumblr start to whine about it as soon as it grows more popular, either as it's properly licensed in the west, or with the remake that's coming soon. It's actually already beginning to happen, including here where increasingly people are desperately nitpicking to make LOGH seem less politically incorrect than it actually is, which is very much.
>>
>>13580942
I hate to break it to you, but logh has a reasonably sized following on tumblr. You can find people posting official art, fanfiction, and gay fanart of Reinhard and Reuenthal regularly.

Still, you're right, just hearing about a "blonde German dictator" would give the /pol/acks stiffies. At least until they started actually watching the show.
>>
>>13580930
You're obviously not familiar with monarchism, either as a political framework or its history, nor with monarchists. Even the Sun King had less power and was less involved in the lives of his subjects than the most minimalist democratic government since the end of WWI. As for austro-fascists, they desire(d) the restoration of the Holy Roman Empire -- one of the most decentralised polities to have ever existed.

&c.

All in all, we could have a better discussion if you didn't have a cartoonish understanding of what you're arguing about.
>>
File: Friedrich.jpg (2 MB, 1048x1321) Image search: [Google]
Friedrich.jpg
2 MB, 1048x1321
It's like people don't understand that once upon a time there was this form of government called enlightened absolutism.
Reinhard roots out corruption, combats nepotism, allows free speech, leaves a lot of options for local self governance while at the same time being centralized, he uses the government treasury not only for war, but for infrastructure and economic development as well; he has a great sense of justice, he even pushes for more constitutionalism in the end.
A country doesn't have to be a republic to be democratic (Commonwealth, Japan, Scandinavia).

In the paraphrased words of Yang Wenli himself.

Reinhard may be a good, benevolent ruler, but what might his descendants do?
And that is the counterweight of LOGH.
Enlightened absolutism is great, maybe one of the historically most beneficial forms of government, but no one can guarantee that the successors will follow in the footsteps of their forefather.
And that is why reform is needed to later share the power.
FPA was a very bad democracy, a democracy that broke the rights of it's citizens, silenced free speech, and used propaganda and media manipulation to keep it'self in power and suck the money from the state.
It's a republic secretly turned oligarchy.
>>
>>13580949
It has a pretty small following, and LOGH has a pretty small following in the west all things considered.

Also, monarch =/= dictator.
>>
>>13580951
Very well, I can concede (for now) that 'old pol' might have liked Reinhard, but my point about pol as it is now still stands. Even you would seem to admit they have a more absolutist, race-hatred streak to them than the "monarchists" they drove out, meaning that aside from a blonde protagonist dictator they'd get angry over much of LoGH.
>>
>>13580962
Sure, but the LOGH is "/pol/tier" anime is a pretty old meme. Maybe it is a meme that's repeated on /pol/ now out of some figment of board "culture" stickiness/inertia. So, if that's your point, we don't disagree entirely.
>>
>>13580555
That's like saying Napoleon or Alexander the Great or Augustus were fascists. He was a leader with charisma on those lines rather than a fascist.
>>
>>13580969
It's old, but not that old, I remember hearing of it mainly when /pol/ had already been associated with Stormfront.
>>
>>13578886
>Space Prussia = Hitler's Germany now
>>
>>13580974
Yeah, I was agreeing with the above posters who said he wasn't a fascist. I meant he was an autocrat in that he had a lot of political power invested in his individual, but in all the important ways he was definitely no fascist.
>>
File: 1448510439543.jpg (818 KB, 955x3589) Image search: [Google]
1448510439543.jpg
818 KB, 955x3589
>>13580802
As a regular poster on /lit/ I can tell you they hate tumblr & /pol/ equally.
Of course, /pol/ & tumblr thinks in black & white so /pol/ anons shitposting on /his/ call /lit/ reddit sjws despite the total lack of evidence for that throughout its catalog at any time, meanwhile actual sjws consider /lit/s favorite books as relics written by "dead white males" that should be forgotten. Although stormfags would consider the fact that /lit/ takes the time to try to understand Marx (in a legitimate way, not edgy uni undergrad way) and considers Rand a poor author of fiction (regardless of her politics) as evidence; ditto with tumblr & /lit/s usual thresds complaining about the identity politics they have to endure at Uni. Once again a result of black and white thinking & stupidity.
>>
I love LoGH not because it argues in favor of a benevolent tyranny and against democracy (I'm personally very pro democratic republic, as the show terms it). It ultimate does the opposite, but only by truly deconstructing both themes in full detail and confronting the reality that neither side is 100% good or 100% bad.

Yes, Reinhard is absolutely a benevolent dictator and a mostly good man who rules over his people in a stern, but fair manner. He is the biblical King David of anime, the Israeli "good king" who replaced the bad king. But the show correctly argues that his kind is rare and cannot be trusted to be replicated by the system for long term rule, which is why a democratic republic makes the most sense.

It also correctly argues that no democracy is immune to corruption if the rights of its citizens are not protected. It argues that any democracy which does not protect the rights of the people has no value, and that those who seek peaceful protest are well meaning and often victimized (which I see as a fairly liberal stance), and yet that corruption within politics/government is a sickness that must be continually uprooted and purged before it spoils the whole barrel... something which often falls to the right of individuals (which some could argue is a more conservative stance).

I believe that regardless, LoGH has something for everyone who lives in the modern world and is open minded enough to watch it. That's why I like it.
>>
>>13580930

I think you're confusing trolling with honesty. Anyone that can't handle pol and takes it seriously may as well be tumblr. It's like how /b/ used to be our line of defense from normalfags. People were afraid to go there. 4chan has been pussified over the years as we integrate more with reddit.
>>
>>13580747
Not with that attitude it will be.
>>
File: tumblr_m5xutyEhIM1r73plvo1_500.gif (1022 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5xutyEhIM1r73plvo1_500.gif
1022 KB, 500x265
I don't know if this is the place or time, but a month ago I'd found out after searching high and low that there's a vaugely LoGH-themed bar called Bar Odin in the Ebisu area of Tokyo. The logo and name gave it away.
>website
>http://www.authenticbar.com/odin/

Oh, and Cospa is doing a line of LoGH patches (velcro and non). Only Rosen Ritter, El Facil, and Iserlorn Republic for now. Sorry for getting off topic...
>>
>>13581897
The main problems of the Democracy were that they had no limitations on how many terms any politician could serve and that blowing up spaceships and having people die in outer space was apparently the only major source of employment and income in their realm.

They were very faux-pardoy-Athens in that regarding.
>>
>>13581897
He's not a "benevolent tyrant", that's an oxymoron. He's very much an Enlightened absolutist monarch, not a tyrant. He's not the King David of anime, he's the Frederick the Great of anime.
>>
>>13581920
I don't take it seriously, I just think it's retarded. Whether they're trolling or sincere, and at least some of them are the latter, /pol/ shit is stupid, boring, and tiresome. I also regard tumblr whining as stupid, boring, and tiresome for similar reasons, regardless of whether or not the SJWs are "sincere" or "trolling."

>It's like how /b/ used to be our line of defense from normalfags. People were afraid to go there. 4chan has been pussified over the years as we integrate more with reddit.

Sounds dangerously close to "muh secret club! normies REEEEEEE!"
>>
>>13578873

I love LOTGH but honestly I have never heard anyone on here say that in all the years I've been here.

It's about the best dictatorship vs a corrupt democracy.
>>
>>13581956
>having people die in outer space was apparently the only major source of employment and income in their realm.

What? I thought it was the opposite. Lebello outright says that the FPAs economy is the shitter because they've diverted all their resources and manpower to the war effort. It's so bad that they don't even have enough skilled people to keep the traffic system in the capital working properly.
>>
File: cobra logh-awesome.jpg (505 KB, 1280x872) Image search: [Google]
cobra logh-awesome.jpg
505 KB, 1280x872
>>13581423
Man, that's gotta be tough--I feel for the brothers at /lit/. Sounds like that board is damned by both sides for doing what it was made to do--engage seriously with texts. Try to analyze Marx without just calling him a 'leftist devil' gets you labeled an SJW by /pol/, analyzing Marx and most other "dead white male" authors gets you labeled a 'reactionary' by the far-leftists.

That said, while I understand the complaints folks have with tumblr, I think that site isn't all bad. The SJWs are very annoying, but if you can avoid them the 'normal' people are very cool. I myself have a tumblr that I just use to post stuff I'm interested in (mecha, LoGH, and hot girls, mainly), and I haven't had any trouble since I avoid tags like "sjw" and the large, really popular fandoms. Someone on there was even kind enough to draw me this Cobra/LoGH sketch, which I rather like. So I think there's nothing wrong with using tumblr as an imagesharing platform, just stay away from the political silliness.
>>
>>13578873
>Why do people say this is a red pilled, /pol/ friendly anime ?

Because if you approach it from a biased position it's easy to take the messages regarding corruption in democracy combined with the relatively sympathetic treatment of what amounts to a military dictator on the other side as a generally anti-democratic thesis for the whole story.

This ignores major points like a civil war to install a military dictatorship in the FPA being the final nail in its coffin and the great stress that's placed on the tenuous position the Lohengramm dynasty after the death of its charismatic leader.

Also Fezzan has some aspects that are easy to fit into certain stereotypes related to the whole global Jewish conspiracy nonsense.
>>
>>13583204
>while I understand the complaints folks have with tumblr, I think that site isn't all bad

It's just rival website boogeyman hysteria for the most part. As much as I think reddit has serious structural problems, most of the hate for it is the same.
>>
>>13583230
Yeah. I post on reddit too, but mainly on the askhistorians subreddit (which /his/ says is really very good) and places like the Xenonauts subreddit. I tend to avoid the "shit reddit says" stuff. I think for most sites you can have a good time if you ignore places that are overtly political, it's just a question of how easy it is to do that.
>>
>>13583287
Reddit has a lot of both far left and far right nonsense on it. Honestly it's probably heavier on the right wing stuff. The demographics are very similar to 4chan except amplified in size. Much like 4chan the best communities there are the ones that stick more to their topic than the common site culture.

Upvote/downvote systems are still cancerous in general though.
>>
>>13583308
Eh, 4chan has it's own method of suppressing preferred opinions and inflating accepted ones.
>>
>>13583436
and reddit still has that same method. it's just got upvote/downvote on top of it
>>
File: LoGH_old_Flagship.jpg (32 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
LoGH_old_Flagship.jpg
32 KB, 640x479
>>13578873
Pretty simple - you come for the blue space lasers, stay for the thoughtful political discussions and machinations.
>>
>>13583436
Yeah, but whereas 4chan's is just a cultural form of suppression (post something people hate and they'll call you names), Reddit's is systematic censorship (post something people hate, it'll get no upboats and will sink to the bottom of the topic, where it'll be ignored.)
>>
>>13585310
Democracy has its pitfalls.

I can't say 4chan isn't capable of far worse. The barrier to consequence-free shitposting is so low that if someone were sufficiently motivated they could drown an entire board in junk posts just to push a thread they don't like all the way off of page 10.

Anonymity has its pitfalls.
>>
File: 1392233599641.jpg (158 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1392233599641.jpg
158 KB, 640x480
Well gee it might be because humanity as we see it in LoGH was made like that by literal space Hitler. Negroes are all but extinct and majority of humanity are white Germanics. Also nobody needs glasses because master race genetics achieved through centuries of purging inferior genetical material.

Hitler won and it was beautiful.
>>
>>13585420
Ultimately, it comes down to whichever flawed system you prefer more.
>>
>>13583104

If you think it's stupid that someone disagrees with you about politics, perhaps 4chan isn't the right website for you. I understand that some people have an aversion to politics in general, but there's nothing wrong with having a board for it.

Why don't you like secret club elitism? That elitism kept us pure for years. As /b/ changed and started raiding, people stopped being afraid of us and started to think we were funny. By not acting elitist, newer users were attracted to discussion here for reasons other than anonymity. With our one unique trait diminished, 4chan hasn't been the same. In some ways we've been reduced to a meme factory. Also tumblr typically says normies because they're afraid of triggering someone by calling them a normalfag.
>>
>>13585642
Honestly a lot of /n/, /new/, /pol/ culture can probably be attributed to the various stormfront raids. (Well along with early stuff like the hilariously bad WAR comics.)

Raid culture in many ways was the downfall of 4chan. Other issues include the documenting of memes that served as cultural identifiers destroying their usefulness as outgroup/ingroup identifiers.
>>
>>13585579
I'm sure there's an irony to saying that in this thread.

However I have to admit I tapped out of LoGH after the first season. Not that I didn't like it, it was pretty damn good. I just didn't feel the need to go full binge on it.
>>
>>13585802

I completely agree, especially with documentation. There's a reason we didn't have an official archive. I noticed that as archiving started, people developed preconceived notions of how everything was. What the "majority" thinks, which subjects are acceptable, and so on. They used archives as a means of justifying it to say a board should be like this. Even without archives, people still do this today with strawpoll threads.

The disturbing part of it all is that even with archives, majority thought cannot be proven in any capacity because we're still anonymous. That certainly didn't stop people from trying to enforce consensus though. It bothers me because anonymity lets us escape majoritarian thought. Subjects can be discussed and opinions can be shared because they have merit, not because people agree with you. That is the fundamental difference we have with almost every other forum in existence and why I still act hostile towards other sites even though some people insist we're not very different from the likes of reddit. Anonymity matters and I wish more people understood why.
>>
>>13585825
My issue with anonymity is that it hasn't prevented people from fabricating identities for posters based on the structure and content of their post, ultimately defeating the whole idea behind anonymous posting.
At some point you start looking at the posts for signature traits, a sort of fingerprint within the prose, and begin to assemble a profile to justify your desires to ignore and blacklist the comment out of bias.
>>
>>13585822
It's one of my favourite shows, and I didn't binge it either. I watched the first season in a week or two, then I waited three months and started the 2nd season, then another 3 months, then the 3rd season, and then I only lasted 1 week, and I blew my load early and watched the 4th one.
>>
>>13583209
>the whole global Jewish conspiracy nonsense
gee... I wonder who is behind this post.
>>
File: 1392214382735.png (535 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1392214382735.png
535 KB, 640x480
>>13586201
I don't know.
>>
>>13586201
Nobody gave a shit about Jews until that lunatic Hitler went holocaust.

Seriously Hitler is the best thing that ever happened to those annoying Semitic cultists. Without Hitler there would be no Israel and we'd have peace in the Middle East.

Therr should be a huge statue of Hitler in Tel Aviv.

If I were pol I'd say Hitler was a Jewish false flag.
>>
>>13586302
>Without Hitler there would be no Israel

Except Israel's roots in the region stretch back to way before Hitler was even a glint in his mother's eye.

Are all /pol/acks this stupid?
>>
>>13586302
>Nobody gave a shit about Jews
Wrong. Historically there have been a massive amount of unwarranted violence directed towards Jews in particular.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogrom
and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhambra_Decree
are only two links I can give you of many, many historic anti-semitic events and actions.
>>
>>13586329
Everyone hates the Jews.

Hell, even the Jews hate the Jews!
>>
>>13585642
>I understand that some people have an aversion to politics in general, but there's nothing wrong with having a board for it.

I don't think anyone would argue with that, but /pol/ isn't exactly a good place for political discussion. I think even you would agree, assuming you're the same anon who was mentioning earlier about how monarchists were eventually shoved out by more crass/demagogic racists due to the administration's decisions.

>That elitism kept us pure for years.

I can't speak for the rest of 4chan (though I'd be surprised if the old saying "/b/ was never good" didn't apply), but for /m/ I'd say the userbase has changed over time due to other factors besides 'elitism.' I remember us having a lot of problems with an influx of new users due to the SaiGAR thing some years ago.

>>13585825
Even without the archives there were ways of "enforcing" popular opinions. I remember sagebombing used to be a common way of demolishing threads users didn't like. Back then mods had to remind people constantly that sage was for when you had a reply you didn't think was worthy of bumping a thread, not a means of disapproval.

>>13585874
Another thing is it can make discerning between users difficult, even when you're well-intentioned; for instance just earlier in this very reply I had to ask to make sure the anon I was talking to was also the same anon making another post I was referring to. This isn't to critique anonymity, of course, even a tripfag like me would say it's valuable, but just to note we always have to be wary of some aspects of it.
>>
>>13586323
>>13586329
Pretty sure >>13586302 is a joke
>>
>>13587080
Well, it's impossible to tell.
>>
>>13586367
>even the jews
Especially the jews.
>>
>>13586656
>"/b/ was never good"

It does apply, but as someone who has been here a long time I can tell you that even though /b/ was never good it wasn't always as bad as it is now either.
>>
File: 1376966163769.jpg (802 KB, 395x3000) Image search: [Google]
1376966163769.jpg
802 KB, 395x3000
The most amusing thing is that Reinhard says some very anti-/pol/ lines in the show.
>>
>>13587363
/pol/ favor merit pretty highly, despite the "__ isn't white" shitposting.
That's not incompatible with Reinhard bitching against the Empire artistos.
>>
File: live free or reinhard.jpg (140 KB, 430x330) Image search: [Google]
live free or reinhard.jpg
140 KB, 430x330
>>13587363
Yes, that's one of my favorite Reinhard quotes. Really, Reinhard could be fairly described as a meritocrat above all. A huge point of his character is how he rose from being a nobody, the motherless son of a minor noble, to Galactic Emperor thanks to his own talent. Not only that, but his most capable men were the sorts of people that the Reich's aristocracy looked down on, ranging from Oberstein (who would have been purged under Goldenbaum's eugenics laws) to the Reuenthal, born of his mother's infidelity.

The Galactic Reich before Reinhard came along is portrayed as a moribund, hidebound society in the grip of decline because its rulership is based on birth rather than merit. Though Reinhard may be a one-man ruler rather than a bona-fide democrat (though, as mentioned above, allowing his planets to have a lot of individual freedom), his belief that people should rise and fall on merit rather than birth--extending to his very own son, whom he says doesn't deserve the Empire if he isn't worthy--is a sentiment many 'democratic' people would agree with heartily.
>>
Opinions on the upcoming remake?
We are getting the original ova series officially released, the novels translated and a remake.
>>
>>13580252
So far no one cares, considering the storm that went all over 4chan in past few years has left /m/ pretty much untouched.And i want it to remain that wat.

That dosen't mean /m/ is not plauged from shitposters.
>>
>>13588014
So long as they don't change the look of the ships (ova best version), I really don't care what they do.
>>
>>13581944
I'd love some Fleet Specials for the important ships
>>
>>13581423
>Although stormfags would consider the fact that /lit/ takes the time to try to understand Marx (in a legitimate way, not edgy uni undergrad way)

Not even a /pol/fag but marx is trash, utopian ideologies are stupid, and the nigga thought the economic value of labor was the physical effort and not the demand and skill.

>considers Rand a poor author of fiction (regardless of her politics) as evidence

Okay, from what I've seen most /pol/acks hate rand.
Libertarians get shafted a lot and the board culture has shifted wholesale to facism, monarchism, or authortarian traditionalism.
So I doubt many would fault you for disliking rand.
>>
>>13586329
Jews have always been hated because they always end up running private banks and practicing usury.

Anything else is just beating aorund the bush.

Is it fair some small jew banking clans make everyone hate them?
No.

But you can't deny the existence of the rothchild family.
>>
>>13587363
you realize hitler was born to a porr single mother who was a typist and was a NEET for a few year right?

"muh masterace" is shitposting and banter, everyone in the west is a mongrel to a degree.
>>
>>13591631
I don't think she was a single mother when she had him. His father died when he was young, but the old man was around for most of his childhood. Now, I think Hitler's *father* was illegitimate. In any case, it's hard to tell how much of /pol/ is just shitposting and banter, as folks above have mentioned. There's the old saying that people who pretend to be retarded will be eventually overwhelmed by actual retards who think they're in good company.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.