[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fafner got a new series. Eureka 7 got a new series. We're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: Kira_Lacus_Strike_Freedom.jpg (39 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Kira_Lacus_Strike_Freedom.jpg
39 KB, 720x480
Fafner got a new series. Eureka 7 got a new series. We're waiting on whatever they're announcing for FMP. Fukuda is working again, and the remasters weren't that long ago compared to the above mentioned. Is there still hope for the SEED movie?
>>
File: 6426.png (2 MB, 1492x1080) Image search: [Google]
6426.png
2 MB, 1492x1080
>>13578684
pls stop
>>
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Awakening of the fucking faggot op
>>
Can Kira finally die in the movie plz? Prefer Lacus does it.
>>
>Is there still hope for the SEED movie?
I've done my share of research on the subject matter, and the answer is no. The movie is dead.
Morosawa had a deadline to deliver a script on March 2008 and that wasn't done, so Sunrise just moved on with other projects.
Ever since, we've seen 00, Unicorn, G-Reco, The Origin, Build Fighters, AGE and Tekketsu. It's pretty clear that there's no interest in doing any further anime projects with SEED beyond the Upscales.
>>
Not until 2020. If it doesn't happen immediately you have to wait for the twenty year culture cycle to play through.
>>
Despite people not wanting it I honestly do think the CE timeline will be revisited at some point
>>
>>13579313
ATHRUN'S COUNTER ATTACK?
>>
can't we just get Majestic Prince s2 instead
>>
>>13579313
It will be when it is felt they need a big boost in sales and decide not to do UC again.

The real problem is the fujo don't like CE, they like Kira and Lacus. And they like them as Mary Sue as possible going through the same motions again. So they are very restricted in what can be done and if it doesn't hit right with the fujos no one else will support it
>>
File: 1447382446833.jpg (87 KB, 468x377) Image search: [Google]
1447382446833.jpg
87 KB, 468x377
>>13579331
>Bring Stabity
>>
>>13579335
>The real problem is the fujo don't like CE

Cosmic Era can be done properly and does not need to go full super robo shit as seen in Stargazer. It's quite a shame

>, they like Kira and Lacus. And they like them as Mary Sue

Fucking this, combined with them and Assram needing to be in the center of absolutely everything and be some kind of decisive factor. People shit on Azrael for temporary halting the EA offensive on ORB due to the druggies needing to resupply its absurd but, in the context of C.E this was in fact the only choice they had. It does not matter he could have ordered 50000 units in and they would not even had scratched the Freedom & Justice
>>
>>13579313
calling it: a full season of MSV
>>
>>13578684
Why is Kazuki's hair brown? Why is Dhianeila's hair pink. Why is Red 5 glowing pink? Is this a Linebarrels thread? OP, please put a subject in the subject line!
>>
>>13579357
>Cosmic Era can be done properly
Problem is you'll never convince many to give it a chance, especially if Hiraiface is in effect.

There is also the issue of Fukuda. Someone else leading the project may not get the shit balance right to please the crowd. But at the same time not even the voice actors want to work with him again. This is also a fandom which has been festering for years so you can only imagine the warped militant groups of headcanons which if touched will go crazy. And if it all goes bad they can't fall back on the gunpla as SEED gunpla does shit
>>
>>13579379
>hiraiface meme
your 10 years late bud
>>
>>13579397

I have more issue with Fukuda than Hirai. Hirai just draws how they tell him too. MJP, Scryed and Ryvius all shown he can do a lot better when he's actually allowed too
>>
>>13579402
The thing is people won't even look that far, they'll go hey that looks like that show I hated fuck this.

Seen people unfairly (though Hirai can be pretty bad in other shows as well) say that about a lot of thing he was involved in
>>
>>13579397
>you'll never convince many to give it a chance
>if Hiraiface is in effect.
>Implying the 11s give a shit about how an american visual novel appreciation board reacts to shit that isn't even marketed to them.
pro tip they don't.
>>13579411
Again, it doesn't matter. Japs will continue to watch Hirai shows.
>>
>>13579402
Well actually it's more the animation staff's job in adapting those designs.

It's not like Hirai draws every character's animation frames personally.

I'm sure at some point someone just asked for "more like SEED," whether from Hirai or the animators, and that's where SEEDface took shape. A "follow the leader" phenomenon, simply put.
>>
>>13579335
>fujo don't like CE

That's just untrue.
>>
>>13579416

Pretty sure he was talking about 2ch UC fans
>>
>>13579411
>Seen people unfairly (though Hirai can be pretty bad in other shows as well)

So can't everyone one though. I mean look at how much people suck Toriyama's dick and he's been drawing Gohan or Trunks for decades
>>
>Fafner got a new series.
>Eureka 7 got a new series.

Such subtle bait
>>
>>13579345
All this time I thought his name was Bring Stability
>>
>>13578684
>Is there still hope for the SEED movie?

I certainly hope not.
>>
If it does happen, and comes out before Half Life 3(hopefully), who would you want the new big bad to be and who should be their voice actor? What time period should it take place in?

My idea
>New big bad is either Prayer Reverie or a clone of Rau
>Voice actor is Kohei Murakami
>>
>>13578684
>Eureka 7 got a sequel
What?
>>
>>13585011
Something called Astral Ocean. Last notable conversations involve how it would make sense to include it in SRW Z3-2. I might check it out after Zegapain to see what the fuss is about.
>>
>>13583985
S P A C E W H A L E S
P
A
C
E

W
H
A
L
E
S
>>
>>13578684
They just remade Gundam SEED.
>>
If they were still going to do it, they would have announced it immediately after the Remasters finished.

There's not much of an audience for a SEED movie. Gunota aren't crazy for it and a bunch of the fujoshi have moved on.
>>
>>13585026
No, I don't remember anything like that.
>>
>>13579357
>Fucking this, combined with them and Assram needing to be in the center of absolutely everything and be some kind of decisive factor.
>It does not matter he could have ordered 50000 units in and they would not even had scratched the Freedom & Justice
And this is poor storytelling.
>>
>>13579357
>Cosmic Era can be done properly and does not need to go full super robo shit as seen in Stargazer. It's quite a shame

And how well did that go over with the SEED-fanbase? There's a reason why they've never attempted another CE OVA series.
>>
It's possible but unlikely.

Hell, getting the remasters was amazing in and of itself. The bits of new animation were really nice and if SEED hadn't been animated in early digipaint, then it might have actually had a good look to it.
>>
Long story short, the 00 movie was supposed to be the SEED movie.

When the script wasn't turned in on time, Bandai just decided to delay the movie to the next Gundam franchise.
>>
>>13579318
oh god it hurts
>>
>>13587381
The remasters were purely so Bandai could resell the show in HD for Bluray/Broadcast.

SEED and Destiny got fucked by being extremely early digital shows. Even the remasters couldn't salvage everything. Multitudes of shots are soft and/or off model.
>>
How well did the remasters do anyway? They came out the same time as AGE and that was a very poor year for Gundam as a whole.
>>
>>13587439
>How well did the remasters do anyway?
Great. They're the 2nd highest selling Gundam BD box sets only below 0079. Not sure how the Zeta and ZZ sets did because they were out before oricon started releasing sales data.
>>
>>13587439
Actually pretty damn good.

They outsold AGE by a wide margin and basically the only thing that salvaged the year for Bandai. (AGE tanked hard)
>>
SEED sells discs. I thought the problem was most of the kits bombing.
>>
>>13586912

Stargazer did not sell well?
>>
>Athrun's counter attack
>Raises a huge fuck army to battle against Kira and Lacus
>Determined to put an end to their reign of facism
>Athrun what are you doing
>Stopping you
>Cmon
>Oh, I guess you're right after all
>attaboy
>>
>>13587599
> Athrun's Counterattack
> Begins a war to acquire Kira all for himself.
> Blows up the Eternal with Lacus on board.
> He and Kira die on each others swords.
> Shinn returns to ORB, where he has a three-way with Cagalli and Luna.
> After the End Credits, we see the burnt corpse of the original Kira in a tube. A hatch opens to reveal a new clone, who is determined to make the world Lacus wanted a reality. We see a bunch of Kira-clones still in hibernation.
>>
>>13587629
>Shinn ever getting laid
The most unrealistic part of this whole thing
>>
>>13587634
Shin stole Kira's mojo.
>>
>>13587634
>Shinn's actor is fucking Maaya Sakamato every night forever
>>
>>13587471
>They outsold AGE by a wide margin and basically the only thing that salvaged the year for Bandai.
Uhhh....Unicorn?
>>
I'd even watch it in theater. Fukuda is genious at making stupid anime.
>>
>>13578982
I'm glad Morosawa is such a lazy bitch.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.