[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kamen Rider Ghost 08
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 38
File: fistfullaeyecons.png (582 KB, 959x708) Image search: [Google]
fistfullaeyecons.png
582 KB, 959x708
http://over-ti.me/releases/kamen-rider-ghost-08/
>>
>>13574964
That byline isn't all that great. Needs a bit more workshopping.
>>
>>13574971
go away and wait for your TVN release
>>
File: 513S7870FBL.jpg (54 KB, 263x475) Image search: [Google]
513S7870FBL.jpg
54 KB, 263x475
>>13574975
How about "Dead man walking towards a theater near you."
>>
>>13574971
That's what it says on the real poster. Minus the ghost part natch.
>>
>>13574975
Calm down anon.
>>
File: 12555707.jpg (70 KB, 580x857) Image search: [Google]
12555707.jpg
70 KB, 580x857
>>13575048
True, then they added the "It won't be the last" line to it.
>>
I like the direction Ghost is moving in, it's been getting better by the episode and they're moving toward a plot that isn't just find the Eyecons anymore.

Just going to post them all again.
>>
>>
File: The good kind of deja vu.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
The good kind of deja vu.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>
File: They didn't stand a chance.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
They didn't stand a chance.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>
>>13575084

Hey, that's the same tree-lined road they used in OOO and Drive.
>>
>>13575089
It isn't Toei if we don't get familiar locations once in a while.

Ghost have been oddly good at new locations though.
>>
File: SpecterTransform8.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SpecterTransform8.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
File: GhostTransform8.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
GhostTransform8.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>
File: Musashi Change 8.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Musashi Change 8.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>
>>
File: Don't talk about his sister.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Don't talk about his sister.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
File: Tutankhamon8.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Tutankhamon8.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
File: Specter has no friends.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Specter has no friends.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
File: Newtonian exit.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Newtonian exit.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>
File: Ghost Change Billy the Kid8.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Change Billy the Kid8.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
File: Shooting at bugs.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Shooting at bugs.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
File: Spider assistance.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Spider assistance.webm
3 MB, 640x360
And that's the last of the ones I've made.
>>
>>13574964
>>13575065
That's amazing...
These release pictures are amazing.
>>
This show does seem to be getting better each week. The story is still pretty thin but there is enough there now to be interesting. The fights were also pretty good this episode, seems like they have got better with the wire flying

The characters are probably the weakest part though, they are just very flat. I did like that they were able to figure shit out like Makoto's identity and that a monolith being made instead of it just being something so obvious to the viewer. Same with Takeru just saying he know's Spectre's identity instead of hiding it for no good reason
>>
>being possessed by a Ganma for more than 99 days means you're beyond saving
>being trapped in the Ganma world for more than 10 years means...?
Kanon's starting to scare me a little.
>>
Spectre using Ghost's belt eye thing for his finisher was pretty cool.

That Benkai call-out though
>BUFF AND BEEFY BIG BROTHER
>>
I am extremely thirsty for Insert Songs, kinda surprised we haven't heard Specter's theme by now. Maybe it'll debut with Houdini?
>>
>>13575583
I can't actually remember any music from Ghost so far, it really needs to step it up
>>
>>13575624
What you need is ears. Can't help you when you have no ears.
>>
>>13575263
It would have been cool if it happened.
He used his own belt.
>>
>>13575624
Drive OST 2 neverI'm enjoying the OST but I can't really pick out a single track that stands out
>>
Every week I come in thinking it's going to get interesting.

What people say about Wizard being boring isn't true about Wizard, which is just shitty, but it sure holds truth for Ghost. I just hope next year's motif sounds like an absolute piece of shit so we'll get a good Rider show again.
>>
>>13575651
For me Ghost is sitting firmly at okay, it's not a bad show and has really cool suit designs, but it isn't really hooking me
>>
>tfw No Patrick Swayze eyecon
>>
>>13575651
If good design and motifs were all it took to make for good Rider shows than Kabuto and Faiz would be the beast and Gaim would belong in a garbage can

Then again, I guess some people might feel that way?
>>
>>13575713
It's the other way around, when we get interesting motifs the show is bad, and when we get out-of-the-left-field motifs, it's a pleasant surprise.
>>
It's like they're really there in the real world, absolutely seamless.
>>
>>13575779
Yeah, Ghost is a mixed bag right now and my superstition tells me it's because of how the themes/motifs are a mix of stuff everyone love and oddities.

On the upside, I love how the Eyecons are coming together, and now it's clear how that plot thread's going to wrap up by the first quarter.
>>
File: Ghost Capture.png (1 MB, 1060x595) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Capture.png
1 MB, 1060x595
>>13574964
And we're back to Yurusen being a little shit.
I love it.
>>
>>13575216
hopefully Spectre will KAIGAN with his REAL LITTLE SISTER at some point

>KAIGAN, IMOUTO
>uwaa, what are we going to do with the eyecons *pomf*
>>
>>13575651
I don't see how you can say Ghost is boring, especially in comparison to Wizard. At least the story is moving forward with each episode.

Honestly, I'm enjoying Ghost more than I was enjoying Drive at this point.
>>
>>13575911
>I'm enjoying Ghost more than I was enjoying Drive at this point.
This. People tend to forget how long it took for drive to get to anything that resembled a plot.
>>
>>13575134
This was one of my favorite moments in the fight. Takeru doesn't go for a kick clash he's going to lose again, he doesn't pussy out and let Specter beat him up some more, he just calmly switches Eyecons and takes advantage of Specter's own finisher to give him cover for getting the fuck out. I hope he keeps this kind of competence even when he's not winning up.
>>
>>13575930
Personally, I enjoyed Drive's early episode meandering way more than Ghost's so far. Shinnosuke and Kiriko were much more fun characters to follow than Takeru and his squad.
>>
>>13575942
Yeah, that was pretty great. It still kind of serves to reinforce just how much better Newton is than any of the other eyecons so far (except maybe Tut with his warp pyramid thing).
Ore - sword
Musashi - sword
Edison - gun
Robin Hood - gun
Billy - gun
Nobunaga - gun
Newton - gravity control
>>
>>13575981
Billy's got some serious firepower, even if Edison's shots are bigger it still wins by sheer volume of fire. And since it also markets an additional toy we'll probably see it the most of the gun forms.

I'm surprised at how much they're pushing Musashi, though.
>>
>>13575781
>>13575079
Takeru looks like an iguana in scene. His skeletal rig is bunked.
>>
>>13575993
I know I'm giving Ghost a lot more credit than it deserves, but maybe Musashi has some sort of story significance?

Takeru got Musashi's sword guard from his dad after all.
>>
>>13576027
I don't think that's a stretch at all. Go back and look at the first episode. When Takeru was talking about wanting to be like the famous heroes, the specific inspiration he was reading about was Musashi.
>>
>>13575942
That and Specter's grab into Omega Drive were both pretty great.
>>
>>13575079
so does it crawl all over the place to hide that it actually looks even worse if it holds still?
>>
>>13576123
>Toei CGI
>ever not being shit

Just be thankful it's not All Dragon.
>>
Just say episode 7 and 8.
Episode 7 was awful, the worst episode of Ghost so far like damn i had to force myself to watch.

Then i watched episode 8 and it was pretty good, like a solid 7 while 7 was a solid horse crap.

So i'm guessing Akari wants Makoto's dick? calling it now Takeru wants Kanon's inverted dick.
>>
>>13575889
Mark my words, she's going to become a mid-boss and he'll have to perma-kill her.
>>
>>13576385
if that "actually..." is any indication, not only it´s gonna happen, she even KNOWS it´s gonna happen
>>
>>13575130
Transforming weapons in this show lack the simple beauty of Dengassher.
>>
>>13576536
They involve a lot less ridiculous shapeshifting of the parts, though.
>>
If Takeru doesn't get the eyecons would he still be dead and able to fight or would he go to a better life?
>>
Guys, I just realized that the eyecons are essentially the dragonballs with 'come back to life' locked in as the only available wish.
>>
>>13577076
Anon, he is a heathen and he died. There is no coming back from that. What he's experiencing right now is his own personal hell that molded itself based on cherished dreams he had during life and plays them out in the cruelest ways possible. The suffering will be endless and unforgiving.
>>
>>13577183
Is God the final boss then?
>>
I wish Ghost was more Xfiles-like

I want goofy mystery investigations not just runs some where, says be good, hugs, does a hand sign and then fights
>>
>>13577223
Before it started, there were some raido promos where people would call in and report Ganma and Ghosto sightings. They sounded pretty ominous, but they dropped the ball and shat on it.
>>
Haven't watched the episode, does Alan and Saionji show up
>>
SPECTRE
P
E
C
T
R
E

HAS
A
S

NO
O

ASS
S
S
>>
>>13575930
I thought early Drive was fun as hell, nice action and a good cast. Ghost has okay action Bike scenes are rad though, an annoying cast and uninteresting villains.Best part of it right now is Specter
>>
>>13576536
Dengasher is boring, I like the GanGanSaber way more Den-O was a much better show at this point though
>>
>>13577348
His ass is still in the Ganma dimension.
>>
>>13577076
I'm guessing he will be dragged to the afterlife and somehow get out again with a power up.
Yes, his failure to get 15 eyecons will lead to an upgrade.
>>
>>13577377
Kek.
>>
>>13577348
Reminder nobody will top Chase's bubbly, leathery ass.
>>
Wait a minute...since when iguanas have chameleon like tongues?
>>
>>13577076
It'll probably be some ass pull and Old Faggot will probably handwave that shit away and say

>i never said you guys couldn't share XD
>>
Why am I getting Faiz vibes?

Please don't be like Faiz.
>>
>>13577484
gecko-like reptiles generally have long tongues
>>
>>13577632
slut belts?
>>
>>13577632
You have nothing to worry about until Takeru kills a black man.
>>
>>13577658
Must he also kill the black man 3 times?
>>
>>13577658
>>13577680
>Tfw the black guy in Drive wasn't killed by a cop
>>
wait wait wait HOLD UP A SECOND PLEASE

Last episode he said
>i have 30 days to get the eyecons
and now this episode with NO signs of time he says
>have 27 days
are japanese people this bad at calendars?
>>
File: takeru in a nutshell.png (1 MB, 914x589) Image search: [Google]
takeru in a nutshell.png
1 MB, 914x589
>>13577772
You know the phrase "sleep like the dead"? Takeru takes long naps.
>>
>>13577772
>>13577798
Especially since the episode takes place directly after the last episode

Though I think three days passed in said previous episode.
>>
>>13575640

Did we even get enough tracks to warrant a second OST?

Really, I'm more upset that Chaser never got his own insert song but he never really did anything past his Rider debut on his own and I guess his movie will take care of it.
>>
>>13577814
Chaser themes, formula themes, Tridoron themes, and a few others that don't really have a specific designation. It is honestly incredibly odd that Chase never got an insert song even if it's one that wouldn't play in show like Ryugen's theme
>>
>>13577222
No, he's the final eyecon
>>
>>13577772
It took you this long to take issue with Ghost's pacing?
>>
>>13577772
I assume the investigation took 2/3 days and then he met the bee and fought which lead into this episode
>>
Ghost sucks, I'm going to rewatch Gaim again
>>
File: Devotion.png (464 KB, 854x481) Image search: [Google]
Devotion.png
464 KB, 854x481
Sasuga, OT.
>>
>>13577076
>implying Takeru won't give his eyecons so Kanon can be saved and in his sacrifice be given another chance

Come on, this is like heroic asspull 101
>>
>>13578080
>be given another chance
Fifteen more eyecons.
Fifteen more days masquerading as 99 days.
>>
Akari has surprisingly decent boobage
>>
Akari best rider waifu
>>
>>13578535
fedora atheist titty
>>
>>13578535
what is she even wearing
>>
Nice entrance Takeru
>>
>>13576385
I have been coming to feel like the show will have a Kabuto amount of Riders, with the second half of them coming in the second half of the show using Ganma Eyecons on a new device.

I can imagine whatever is possessing Kanon being a Sasword-like character (but with self awareness).

It also makes me wonder if Aran is a Ganma that completely possessed a dead person too.
>>
>>13578561
Japanese overalls
>>
>>13579268
best choice
>>
>>13578875
We'd know if there were going to be many Riders. We could get a bunch of Superior Ganma though, which could fill the same role.
>>
>>13575993
>>13576027
>>13576048
Guys Musashi just comes with the Gangun saber toy it's just marketing
>>
>>13579328
I thought of superior Ganma, but the thing is while they have Eyecons that have a functioning gimmick they don't have a fancy belt or other device Bandai could sell to kids.

I feel like superior Ganma will demonstrate the gimmick can be done with Ganma Eyecons, but somebody will harness that into a new transformation device if not use one of the existing devices. So Ganma Eyecons could be akin to Energy Lockseeds which may come with a Ganma Rider or Ganma Riders. With that I can see at most six by the end of show. More than your usual Rider show, but not so much that it needs to be announced pre airing that the show will have that many.

With everything we know out side of mid form, final form, and secondary upgrade being laid out on the show's table and store's shelves before we reach the show's midway point, I doubt we won't be getting more. Especially given how easy it seems for just about any living person to fall into the trap of being a ghost Rider, which just seems to be to die while having a vacant Eyecon nearby.

Personally, I would like to see a Rider who has absolutely no connection with the overarching situation or characters at hand get involved and start wailing on just about anyone because the idea of staying dead after 99 days absolutely mortifies them.
>>
>>13579493
>With everything we know out side of mid form, final form, and secondary upgrade being laid out on the show's table and store's shelves before we reach the show's midway point, I doubt we won't be getting more.
That's the issue though. We know a lot of stuff before it happens due to the toy information, and there's nothing about a 4th Rider. So, it's very unlikely we'll see one popping up anytime soon.

We still don't have the third quarter, and there's also the final quarter, where they usually introduce Riders outside of the toyline, but generally the 3rd quarter doesn't introduce any Riders, and the 4th one only introduces Riders that aren't part of the main toyline (like Gold Drive or Jam). So, I think that what you're saying only will happen if we get a bunch of superior Ganma - exactly because they wouldn't have toys.
>>
>>13579481
Sure, they made Takeru being personally connected to Musashi due to it being the most highlighted out of the first batch of Eyecon in the toyline, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense in-universe.
>>
>>13577140
At this point why isn't that locked in for the Dragonballs them selves
>>
>>13577903
KAIGAN! JESUS!
LET'S GO BACK TO LIFE!
NO MORE PAIN AND NO MORE STRIFE!
>>
>>13577937
But this time it was CLEARLY a two parter with no passage of time once so ever
>>
>>13575122
Aw gay, I thought he had it make eye contact with Takeru's belt. Would've been a dick and yet cool maneuver.
>>
>>13575216
>>13576504
I think the "actually" just means she'd rather him join forces with Takeru.
>>
>>13577140
But it's not the only available wish. Sage says gathering 15 will grant one wish. It's Takeru who suggests he could use that wish to bring himself back to life.
>>
>>13577772
it's okay when kids show does it

right guys?
>>
>>13579593
We do sometimes get something in the third quarter.

The White Wizard Driver was in Wizard's Q3, Chase was part of Drive's Q3, taking up the secondary upgrade slot. Of course it could just be reusing current gimmicks such as another Sound Eyecon or Necrom's toy having more Rider sounds.
>>
>>13577772
Remember, Takeru's the one doing the day countdown, and we know from the Newton reveal that he's a bit dim.

He probably just lost count somewhere along the way and just says whatever sounds right to him at that moment.
>>
lewds of bee-girl ganma when?
>>
>>13575216
the fact that Takeru only gets 99 days makes me think he had to become a pseudo-Ganma to be brought back.
>>
>>13578875
I feel like a ganma rider would be neat in concept but poor in execution
>>
>>13579593
But that is all before the 2nd half and the 2nd half of the show has no real unfo about what will go down because the 1st half pretty much used up all the toys. And Bandai needs to sell something during those quarters.

>>13580928
I think it will go down because of how ridiculously cheap the show is. The base suit for ghost Riders is incredibly simple and all it needs it newly painted markings and a new helmet to say "BOOM! New Rider". And the Ghost Eyecons are cheap as well. Only two molds (Normal and Ganma). Just print a sticker. Topped with how easy it is to be a Rider here, I doubt the writers won't take an opportunity to kill somebody else.

Superior Ganma alone are not enough to sell toys because they are non-Rider villains without an object that can use their stuff and appeal to kids. To do otherwise would be like having the Greed with Core Medals that can't or won't be used in the OOO Driver.

So that is why I believe a Rider or more will come with their gimmick revolving around Ganma Eyecons so they can pimp them to children with their flashing lights and annoying sounds to hold up sales after the first 2 quarters. I aslo think so because Da Vinci, Rafaello, and Michelangelo are Ganma eyecons outside the 15 main ones, which makes me think the other outliers (sans exclusive stuff like Santa) are Ganma Eyecons. I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being 15 of those.
>>
>>13579659
>Heals like crazy and harms mook ganma simply by being near them
>is physically incapable of fighting
Specter gets it
>>
>>13579493
they could use mook ganma belts?
>>
>>13581525
Just like 85% of this show so far.

Though if it gives us more base Rider suits I am all in, because that is one of the show's strongest points. Then maybe we will get a Rider ghost that is actually spooky.
>>
>>13581546
Ganma belts don't have any real function though. They are just for show.

Though it could be cool to see a manmade belt or something that mimmicks a Ganma belt.
>>
>>13581547
I imagine a ganma rider would have a heavy winter coat with the ganma eye symbol on their helmet.
perhaps make them a person who hunts ganma to get their eyecons and thinks Ghost and Specter are ganma
>>
File: Ominus Snufkin 2.png (621 KB, 1179x889) Image search: [Google]
Ominus Snufkin 2.png
621 KB, 1179x889
>>13581557
>He/she kicks Specter's ass and end up with Kanon's Eyecon
>Mfw
>>
File: 1449156395391.jpg (104 KB, 460x640) Image search: [Google]
1449156395391.jpg
104 KB, 460x640
>>13578875
well, we might at least get a ganma Rider
From /krg/
>Kamen Rider Ghost's midseason (March) upgrade is "Grateful Soul".
Probably from grateful dead (person buries random dead body, gets good karma from their ghost).
>Another belt will be released called the Eyecon Driver G.
>>
File: 1449140559810.jpg (206 KB, 1057x800) Image search: [Google]
1449140559810.jpg
206 KB, 1057x800
Kuuga's Blu-ray box cover looks incredible
>>
>>13576011
"Kamen Rider Ghost Provides Proof of Reptilians."
>>
>>13582421
Wrong thread bro
But damn do I want that box
>>
>>13582498
Thanks for the heads up
>>
>>13581539
Wouldn't the jacket refuse to latch on to devil horns?
>>
>>13583137
alternatively it'd latch on in an attempt to get rid of them
>>
>>13583567
>The Jackets decide the horns at least for the GC toyline
>Jesus jacket temporarily makes them bald
>>
>>13583577
>Not giving them a halo
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 333x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 333x360
>>13583589
>a Halo
Fund it!
>>
Specter should look into voice acting after ghost
>>
>>13584201
and Takeru should look into more acting classes after ghost
>>
For some reason I thought there would be 4 Riders this time and they would somehow be connected to 4 personality traits.

Takeru would be sanguine, Makoto is choleric, Necrom will be melancholic and the final one..I forgot what the fourth one is but he would debut late because of his personality too.
>>
>>13575713
>and Gaim would belong in a garbage can
But Gaim is the worst Rider show in years.

>>13576264
>the worst episode of Ghost so far
No that's episode 4.

>>13581547
>Just like 85% of this show so far.
But Rider hasn't been this good since Wizard/Fourze.
>>
>>13587660
>wizard was good
And into the trash your opinion goes
>>
>>13587660
>Hate Gaim
>Loves Wizard
Oh I get it, you're a troll
>>
File: Into The Bin.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Into The Bin.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>13587660
>>13587663
>>13588047
>>
>>13587663
Wizard was good.
>Good suit
>Good fights
>Good characters
>intriguing plot

>>13588047
No. I'm completely serious. Gaim has shit tier pacing, a terrible main Rider, and their female Rider isn't half as good as Mayu.

>>13588950
Yes. You three should all take your opinions to >>/trash/.
>>
File: GTFO Gaim.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
GTFO Gaim.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>13589043
>Good suit
>Good fights
I'll give you these. I did enjoy the Wizard suit and the fights were well choreographed
>Good characters
'no' Haruto was a cardboard cutout except when the secondary writer was in charge, Rinko and Shunpei might as well never been there they were so useless and I could go on and on.
>intriguing plot
>the main fucking plot twist was discerned by the end of the first episode.
>kept running with it because they think we're idiots
>Gaim has shit tier pacing
Only for the beat rider arc. After they introduce the main cast and other players, things smooth out
>a terrible main Rider
>laughingwhores.jpg
>and their female Rider isn't half as good as Mayu
Except Yoko has done more shit than Mayu or any other female rider. Sure they dropped the ball with her at the very end of her series but you cannot deny there was more thought put into her role than others.
>>13588950
pic related. Also applies to your buddy too
>>
>>13589328
>'no' Haruto was a cardboard cutout except when the secondary writer was in charge, Rinko and Shunpei might as well never been there they were so useless and I could go on and on.
Okay but Rinko, Phoenix, Medusa, Mayu, and Nito(u) were all very good characters.

>the main fucking plot twist was discerned by the end of the first episode.
>kept running with it because they think we're idiots
Both these complains also apply to Gaim if not moreso. We may have called the main villain in Wizard but in Gaim we called the twist that Kouta had killed his friend, that Mai was the Woman of the Beginning, that there were Inves that were more inttelligent (Overlords), and that Sagara was the main villain.

>Only for the beat rider arc. After they introduce the main cast and other players, things smooth out
Bullshit. They dragged out the reveal that Kouta killed his friend when we all called that after episode one, they dragged out the reveal to Kouta that Mitchy had defeated Takatora, etc. Gaim's pacing is shitty as fuck.

>aughingwhores.jpg
It's true though. Kouta did nothing but whine and complain until he got his powerups handed to him. Haruto may not have had much personality but he wasn't nearly as pathetic and annoying.

>Except Yoko has done more shit than Mayu or any other female rider.
That's a bold claim. What has Yoko done except follow whatever man gave her orders and die? Mayu may have failed to kill Medusa and had little screentime but at least she had goals of her own. Yoko had no goals or aspirations, did all of nothing, and might as well have never been there in he first place.

So again. Explain how Gaim is better than Wizard when Gaim has more flaws.Wizard may have failed at the MOTW formula and Haruto may have been shit but it's still better than Gaim in pretty much every other aspect.
>>
File: akumademo.jpg (113 KB, 791x445) Image search: [Google]
akumademo.jpg
113 KB, 791x445
>>13589488
>that Sagara was the main villain.
How many people were calling it?

Nihon notwithstanding.
>>
>>13589488
>Sagara
>Main Villain
I don't see Sagara as a villain. In the /tg/ scale of things I'd have him as a Chaotic Neutral; sure he wanted Kouta to use the powers of Helheim to change earth as he saw fit but was okay with Kouta's decision to start a new world elsewhere. If Sagara was truly evil, he would've fought Kouta after he revealed he was making a new world.
>They dragged out the reveal that Kouta killed his friend when we all called that after episode one
>they dragged out the reveal to Kouta that Mitchy had defeated Takatora, etc.
Yes but they didn't drag them out for FOURTY FUCKING EPISODES. It did take a couple episodes for these reveals but the Yuya reveal was to help show that Kouta was not as pure and noble as he thought while the Micchy thing was to show his thick headedness and trusting of Micchy. Why do you think even after Micchy literally ran him through and tried to kill him that he still asked Takatora to forgive Micchy and to help him along?
>Kouta did nothing but whine and complain until he got his powerups handed to him.
I never recall Kouta whining when Sagara tempted him with the Kiwami Key. He was contemplating how would they be able to stop the invasion of the Overlords considering Demushuu wiped the floor with the strongest riders. My memory's a little foggy on Kachidoki but if I remember right, Kouta's begins doubting himself on whether he can truly be a hero after it was revealed what he did to Yuya. Sagara gives him Kachidoki because he finally steels his resolve to break the old rules and establish new ones. As for Jinba, I think Sagara straight up gives it to him because Wild Card.
>What has Yoko done except follow whatever man gave her orders and die?
That's the whole drop the ball at the end. She was established as a credible threat early on under Ryoma and when he decides to Loony Tunes his way out of Zawame following the Overlords, she defects on to help the beat riders. She's independent for a while, then they fucked up.
>>
>>13589495
I don't know about /m/ because I barely visit here but everywhere else I went people called it from the beginning.

>>13589701
>Yes but they didn't drag them out for FOURTY FUCKING EPISODES.
You're right.They dragged out the first one for a good 20+ episodes and the second for damn near 20 episodes as well. Just because they didn't drag it out for the entire show doesn't ean they weren't dragged out.

>She was established as a credible threat early on under Ryoma
No she wasn't. The show said she was dangerous but never actually did anything with it aside from have her help with Ryouma's failed assassination of Takatora. She consistently tied or lost her fights damn near every time.

>he defects on to help the beat riders.
All she did was sit around and talk shit while the Riders did all the work. That hardly counts as helping.
>>
>>13590118
>You're right.They dragged out the first one for a good 20+ episodes
Well, the first one was more 10 episodes to reveal that the 1st episode monster really was Yuuya and then 10+ episodes before Kouta learns about it.

The Micchy thing was about 10 episodes if you start counting from the point where he actually wanted to kill Kouta (after Kachidoki's debut).

>>13590118
>All she did was sit around and talk shit while the Riders did all the work. That hardly counts as helping.

She did fight too, it's just that she jobbed really badly against every single Overlord that she faced. Now, everyone jobbed against Demushu since it was building up to Gaim's debut, but even one of the minor Overlords knocked her out in a quick scene. She did help a bit in the invasion of Yggdrazil, but only against grunts.
>>
>>13575216
What if his sister is already dead and he's just being tricked by a Ganma that's pretending to be his sister?
>>
Now that enough time has gone by, how yall feeling about Ghost?
>>
>>13591223
your sure you don't wanna phrase that differently like i don't know with something involving dust and settling
>>
>>13591223
why does it feels like they're panicking over toy sales
>>
>>13591245
Now that the set has dusted?
>>
>>13589701
The intent is for Sagara to not be evil, but rather a neutral observer. The idea is that he's not responsible for what Helheim does, it's the person who wins the prize who decides what's done with it. In practice, though, Sagara has far too much agency and shows far too much favoritism for this to work out. He's portrayed as too capable of communicating with humans on their level for the audience to accept the premise that he's beyond human understanding. The rest of Gaim is often excellent, but the ending leaves a lot to be desired if you don't fully accept Sagara at his word.
>>
>>13591255
TAKE OFF YOUR SHOOOOOOOEEEESSSS!!!
>>
>>13591246
It does feel they're getting increasingly desperate, yeah.
At this pace, the cast of next year's series will literally be the staff of a toy store, and half of their dialogue will be BUY OUR TOYS BUY OUR TOYS BUY OUR TOYS
>>
File: tenchou-1.jpg (48 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tenchou-1.jpg
48 KB, 500x281
>>13591301
excellent!
>>
>>13591246
>>13591301
Reminder that by eight episodes in Fourze had two forms with fifteen Switches and Drive had two forms, ten Shift Cars and an eleventh he never used, and two accessory weapons. Gaim had seven Riders with eleven Lockseeds between them. For contrast Ghost has eight Eyecons. Ghost is actually being pretty tame with the toys.
>>
>>13590157
>Well, the first one was more 10 episodes to reveal that the 1st episode monster really was Yuuya and then 10+ episodes before Kouta learns about it.
So still a good 20+ episodes in the long run.

>The Micchy thing was about 10 episodes if you start counting from the point where he actually wanted to kill Kouta (after Kachidoki's debut).
I'm going to admit right now that I misremembered things. I thought Takatora being betrayed happened in the same episode Mai slapped Mitchy and that said episode happened in the early 20s but it turns out those are two separate episodes near the end of the 20s so you're right about the pacing there. It just felt longer while watching it.

>She did fight too, it's just that she jobbed really badly against every single Overlord that she faced.
I don't remember that which is honestly even worse than her doing nothing. While Mayu failed at her goal of defeating Medusa at least I can remember her trying to.

>>13591401
Ghost doesn't even have eight Eyecons. He has five. The current split as of episode 8 is 5/4/5 between Ghost, Specter/Spectre, and Saionji respectively with one unclaimed one. Though I guess Ghost could have gotten three more in episode 9 somehow.
>>
>>13591470
>The current split as of episode 8 is 5/4/5 between Ghost, Specter/Spectre, and Saionji respectively with one unclaimed one.
And we all know that the last one will somehow go to Takeru because this is a rehashed Blade and it won't make a Faiz reference.
>inb4 speak for yourself
>>
Hello! I'm new to this board but i've been interested in kamen rider so I came here.
I want to watch kamen rider but I don't know where to start.
>>
>>13594614
Try the general threads, they go by /krg/ on this board. The current one is

>>13592460
>>13592460

Also, the shows are mostly self-contained so pick any series that looks cool to you and just have fun. The only ones people would advise you against as introductions to Kamen Rider shows would be Wizard (really boring) and Kiva. Have fun!
>>
>>13591401
I feel the need to screencap this as a reminder for all the people whining about "toy hell". Wizard was "toy hell". At least here the Eyecons have a central role in the plot that's being built up to. Besides, we're only on episode 10 of a 47+ episode show. Most Rider series wait until the 20s and 30s to reveal plot details, and Ghost looks to be getting to the point way sooner than that.
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.