[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 13
File: 19715156381_9e615f4091_o.jpg (718 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
19715156381_9e615f4091_o.jpg
718 KB, 1280x720
So now that the dust has settled what went wrong?
>>
still looks sandy and dusty to me.
>>
Protip: you can't
>>
>>13570857

Can't we all agree that

Its fucking shit.
>>
>>13570859
Nop
>>
>>13570867

That fucking shit taste holy fuck
>>
Why is the same picture always used for this sort of thread?
>>
>>13570877

It's not a true what went thread then.
>>
>>13570877
The fact that OP is two generic bait phrases stuck together should be a dead giveaway
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492 KB, 602x566) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492 KB, 602x566
A lack of purging
>>
>>13570877
Its one of the first pictures google gives in a quick search
>>
Find a flaw
Protip: You probably can because it's a piece of shit.
>>
>>13570850
no waist
>>
Can't we all agree that Hitler did nothing wrong?
>>
>>13570850
Beats people upside the head with exposition. It seems like every other episode the show goes to reaffirm that Kudellia is important, and various factions want to use her, and she is oblivious.

Now all that is fine but I don't need to be told over and over again when actual development can fucking happen instead.

The fucking Graze looks great though.
>>
>>13570850
>what went wrong?
You were born.
>>
File: Euro Truck Simulator.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Euro Truck Simulator.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>13570902
at this day and age? i think Hitler is on the good guy side
>>
>>13570912
What am I looking at here?
>>
>>13570907
You mean like Kudelia buying a protection policy from the mafia for her mars movement? Or Orga's mask slipping and showing he's still just as green and strained by all of this as the other tekkadan members?
>>
>>13570924
I didn't say development didn't ever happen, I'm harping that none the less they still use time they could use for more development on exposition all of the time.
>>
>>13570850
Shut the fuck up, no one cares
>>
>>13570940
That's not what your sister told me

LOL
>>
>>13570877
What does it matter when it's still going to get 300 replies?
>>
>>13570850
Your mother didn't abort you while she still had the chance.
>>
G-Reco
>>
>>13570850
The show itself is fine, though they barely fight, and the fights themselves arent that good, not to mention no memorable suit designs except maybe the barbatos itself.
Everything else is decent and I like it.
>>
File: Toad2you.png (470 KB, 708x406) Image search: [Google]
Toad2you.png
470 KB, 708x406
>>13570850

>So now that the dust has settled what went wrong?

Most certainly, not the mecha designs.
>>
its mediocre at best
>>
>>13570920

Wandering migrants and a truck driver struggling to control his murderous fury, evidently.
>>
>>13570924

I want more characters like Orga in Gundam. He and the Graze are the reasons I'm following this.
>>
>>13571858
graze a shit
graze kai is a whole different story though
>>
Show is fine. This thread is what's shit.
>>
>>13570850
I'm not really a fan of Setsuna 2.0

It's nice that he's not whiny or bitching about having to kill people, but it feels like Sunrise overcompensated here.
>>
>ITT: /tv/ speak.
>>
>>13570850
It's not as good as Reconguista.

The Mars setting is also underutilized.
>>
>>13570850
Took eight episodes to finally start with the gay shipping material.
>>
>>13570850
You were born.
>>
These assblasted G-Tekketsu fags think their show can even compare to G-Reco
>>
Easily the most uneventful first 9 episodes of any Gundam show.
>>
>>13573765
>>13573579
I still can't believe people liked Reconguista.

Tekketsu is pretty generic, but it's pretty good for a Gundam even though nothing has really happened yet. Will really decide on the rest of the episodes.
>>
>>13573796
G-Reco was fucking amazing
>>
>>13573771
I hope the next chapter get their shit together and we get mecha fights again, I know this were to calm down the shit and show how united they are, but we better get more mecha fights soon.

The serie is still good overall.
>>
>>13573579
>The Mars setting is also underutilized.

I agree with this, was hoping for more grit and industry.
>>
Awful dialogue, constant repetition of plot points, uninteresting factions.

But I could overlook some of that to some extent if it weren't for the fact that the show is just boring and while I could never know what's its budget, it looks and feels cheaper than the last 3 gundam shows.

I like some of the mecha designs but that's it.
>>
/v/eddit
>>
>every new Gundam series
>UGH ITS SO BAD ANYONE WHO LIKES IT EVEN A LITTLE BIT HAS SHIT TASTE

You guys are just silly.
>>
>>13573771
i really miss some quality action in this series
>>
It's a good scifi, modern feeling scifi show, which means vocal assholes will constantly bitch about it.
>>
>>13574789
its no g-reco thats for sure
>>
>>13574967
Yeah, it's got that going for it.
>>
>>13574801
>It's a good scifi
Eh, it's got a good setting, but god sci-fi asks a question about (or proposes a scenario based upon) a scientific problem or concept, and then follows it as a fictionalized though experiment, albeit with other elements as well to make it interesting.
IBO hasn't really done that, and even the elements that could be played up as sci-fi, such as the Alanya-Vinjya (sp?) system, have taken a backseat.
Not that that's a bad, thing, but I'd complain more about it not being hard sci-fi.

t. /sci/

I agree with this guy
>>13570907
>>13570930
I'm even willing to overlook missteps in the animation if there are other things going on, like consistently well choreographed action, but IBO doesn't really have that.

Also, needs more combat, but that's just a personal preference.

Anyways Barbs is sexy, so I'll keep watching just for it.
>>13574601
>every Gundam series
ftfy
>>
>>13575061
>god
good* my bad
>>
>>13570850
There have only been 9 episodes. The series isn't even half way over.
>>
>>13577066
079 managed to have more go on in 9 episodes than IBO will have in an entire series.
>>
File: 1446087656921.jpg (125 KB, 400x547) Image search: [Google]
1446087656921.jpg
125 KB, 400x547
>>13570850
1 - tries way too hard to keep braindevastated idiots on board by dumping exposition sequences and repeating known information all the time
2 - introduces interesting concepts yet does nothing but sit on them
3 - action sequences are mediocre
4 - everyone likes to sit and talk far more than they like to act, stop talking about doing things, just do it
5 - Gjallahorn have the only two funny characters of the show and we never get to see them
6 - too many characters, lots of them are irrelevant which only makes a procrastinating plot lose even more focus on farting around
7 - Biscuit
>>
>>13577066
Then why not have the show just be 1 cour if you're only really going to have 1 cour of actual content? You people are pathetic
>it's only been 3 episodes, just wait
>it's only been 5 episodes, it's just getting started
>it's only been 9 episodes, it's not even halfway, shut up
>>
>>13577288
>Biscuit
>Bad
If Biscuit had his way, this shitty show would be over by now.
>>
>>13573796
Greco
>Great animation
>Good use of CG (read: not on the fucking mechs)
>Great art
>Great characters
>Great mecha designs
>Great OST
>Multi-layered plot that doesn't spoon-feeds you
>Atention to detail that rewards viewers that pay atention
>Retard filter

Enjoyment depends on how much you can pay attention.

It frustrates the viewer without providing easy answers; at the same time, it is realistic and honest because of its attention to the harsh truths of the world. In real life, not everything works out perfectly. G-Reco recognizes this grim fact and turns it into a riveting, artistic, heartbreaking examination of conflict, war and human relationships.

G-Reco is not only socially-relevant and important, but also brilliantly acted and written. The complexity of each character makes it difficult to make easy distinctions between "good" and "bad," which is a remarkable feat in any medium, and even more remarkable given the polarized times that we live in, and anime's tendency to "dumb-down" shows with overt-dialog, flashy editing and melodramatic background music.

G-Reco has done something that has never been done before on anime. It has taken a look at a conflict between different groups of people, and done so in a manner that brings about understanding, and feelings of compassion for all the characters involved. Rather than moralizing, and encouraging the viewers to root for one side over the other, G-Reco encourages the viewer to take the wider view, and be disturbed by the tragedy of all the characters being involved in the conflict in the first place.
>>
>>13577343

I DON'T WANT A FAT FUCK IN MY PERFECT BISSUE MALE HAREM
>>
>>13577353
which part was the riveting one?
>>
>>13577393
Everything since ep 1.
>>
Nothing, I like it.
>>
File: 1415147787609.png (249 KB, 800x610) Image search: [Google]
1415147787609.png
249 KB, 800x610
>>13577353
>Great animation
Some stuff were god tier but it's not just the quality of the animation, it's the way shit moves, Tomino really knows his stuff as far as ambitious animation goes.
>Good use of CG
Capital Tower and the Venusian ships lookded really nice in CG. It was tame and never blew in your face.
>Great art
Inconsistent but that's a given for a TV show. It did try really hard to fight the flatness of recent digital Gundam like IBO and AGE in particular.
>Great characters
Most are likable and endearing but none are great.
>Great mecha designs
Divine.
>Great OST
The use of the OST is far better than the OST itself, can't forget that jazz when the GIT gang appears.
G-Reco is WAY too ambitious for its own good, it gets really busy really fast with only 2 cours.
Rewatching it sent the show from an average weekly one to a solid and fun marathon.
>Retard filter
G-Reco makes a mission to let the average anime viewer outside meaning that when people are willing to discuss it, you catch all kind of new things that you missed, otherwise expect nothing but mindless shitposting.

I expect the movies to suck though.
>>
>>13577288
>introduces interesting concepts yet does nothing but sit on them

That's greco, though.
>>
>>13570850
It's not even over yet? But to answer your question, nothing so far.
>>
File: 53106281_p3.jpg (26 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
53106281_p3.jpg
26 KB, 500x415
>>13577288
I like the show but agree with all of these. Overall, I still like it though.
>>
>>13577288
>6 - too many characters, lots of them are irrelevant
Good to know you hated g-reco too.
>>
>>13570924
>Kudelia buying a protection policy from the mafia for her mars movement?
You mean exactly like buying kids to protect you with the exact same but fighting problem she went through? She didn't even have any real revelations through it she just sort of says but war is bad to her evil maid. Then decides it is okay for no real reason. That isn't proper development that is repeating motions she already went through just a lot quicker this time.

>Orga's mask slipping
Already happened and despite every time he does everything ends up going perfectly if not better than expected.
>>
>>13570850
Even in last episode , we have Hime being indecisive and weak willed until Mikazuki's hot shot dialogs and cold gaze motivated here again.
I am getting tired of this.

It is expected as it an anime in 1st place, but making protagonist act like a Japanophille (liking Kanji more than roman letters) serves no purpose to the plot . At least the weeaboness of space corleone had a purpose to bring a blood oath ceremony for plot progression instead of chest thumping to show that japanese culture is beautiful and liked in far future.
>>
>>13578427
>but making protagonist act like a Japanophille (liking Kanji more than roman letters) serves no purpose to the plot . At least the weeaboness of space corleone had a purpose to bring a blood oath ceremony for plot progression instead of chest thumping to show that japanese culture is beautiful and liked in far future.

This is getting overall way to shoehorned into their production as of lately. It's one of the reasons I just could not stop laughing at Mr Bushido
>>
>>13578427
>we have Hime being indecisive and weak willed until Mikazuki's hot shot dialogs and cold gaze motivated here again.
>I am getting tired of this.
Well that's cause it happens every episode.

Honestly Kudelia is one of the worst Gundam girls. Every week it is the same bloody thing, she can't even put on a normal suit she is that useless. I know people go "bit she hasn't had a chance to do stuff yet" and to that I say lies. There have been many times she has had talks with business people and Tekkadan has had talks over coms, perfect time for her to do something clever and be a good speaker. Plus it is a fucking story, they can make reasons for her to be. Instead they make her look more stupid with each passing episode not even considering "hey a huge shift in how a place is run might cause a bit of fighting."

>>13578433
Mr Bushido was great as it was meant to be dumb and funny
>>
>>13578427
It is clear for now that so far series established the universe and the base on which drama for shock has been established.

I will give it a standing ovation and even raise my flags if it avoids anything that leads to "we knew it this is how things were going to shit"
comments being posted on /m/.

>>13578433
>Mr Bushido
In english dub he comes of more like a comic than a serious character.

>>13578451
>Mr Bushido was great as it was meant to be dumb and funny
Well, that explains
>>
>>13577453
>G-Reco is WAY too ambitious for its own good, it gets really busy really fast with only 2 cours.

I keep hearing people go on about how the storytelling was shit, but honest it's all part of the realism. The show throws off traditional storytelling for an experience that would be more true to life if it were happening. No one's going to stand around constantly explaining tech, what's going on or their motivations, they're going to be focusing on whatever the task at hand is. The only time they'd need to do such things is when someone around them needs an explanation, People and cultures are also going to change drastically over time, and I'm not even talking about within such a grand scale as a millenium. Just look at old shows/movies from the 80's that they wouldn't be able to get away with today.
>>
>>13570882
Christ you've been posting that fucking picture for how many weeks now?! And don't lie, it still has the original filename, so it's been you this whole time
>>
>>13578534
>The show throws off traditional storytelling for an experience that would be more true to life if it were happening. No one's going to stand around constantly explaining tech, what's going on or their motivations, they're going to be focusing on whatever the task at hand is.
That would be fine if the show had bothered to give the initial setup of the world and the various factions at the beginning. It didn't, so people who weren't in the /m/ threads all the time had to reverse engineer the basic setup to what they were watching.

It didn't help that the alliances at the end got really confusing, because factions you would think would be aligned were aligned due to offscreen action.
>>
>>13577453
>Tomino really knows his stuff as far as ambitious animation goes.
This is something I notice IBO struggles with

While fights have some great moments the general section to second choreography is all over the place. This is especially noticeable in the space flights where people seem to just zoom all over and then are just sort of by each other for (a nice looking) shot. Then there is stuff like Guts fighting two chicks but half the time only one attacks. This also applies to the normal scenes as well, the general framing of everything is very flat and bland. Plus we don't need to get into the QUALITY
>>
>>13578570
>That would be fine if the show had bothered to give the initial setup of the world and the various factions at the beginning.
It did, you're just dumb
>>
>>13578569
>my mouth talks with dialogue
>>
File: guide.jpg (1 MB, 2362x2818) Image search: [Google]
guide.jpg
1 MB, 2362x2818
>>13578570
Greco does have pacing issues, but personally I was able to keep up. It is one of those things that everything you need to get something is there, but if you miss it then you are lost and the show doesn't care. I think watching as a whole instead of weekly would probably help a lot of people. Hopefully the Bluray come with the translated guide the Japanese ones did to help some

Also I honestly way prefer a show that expect you to keep up than IBO's awful handling of exposition. Like not just in comparison it is just so poorly handled and exists just to exposit, they rarely if ever use it to set scene or a characters thoughts.
>>
>>13578596
what?
>>
>>13578592
>It did, you're just dumb
It didn't, you're just a shitposter.
>>
>>13578613
>Also I honestly way prefer a show that expect you to keep up than IBO's awful handling of exposition

I do too, but only if the story is interesting and greco's was basically a "wow, it's fucking nothing."
>>
>>13578613
No one "had trouble keeping up with" G-Reco; it's just that it was boring, dumb and unoriginal.

The thing with SU-Cordism was confusing early on but they do explain it; the shit with Photon Batteries and the colonies and shit sounded like more than it was; each location was bigged up to be this busy or sacred hub and they turned out to be populated by shitty side characters who contributed nothing.

The show acts as if you're going on this cuh-razy journey with colourful characters. In actuality each character gets barely any development, revelations just happen with no exploration and people die and fight and make all these decisions seemingly 1) at random and 2) totally ineffectual of anything.

Regild Century (shit name) seems like a really cool setting, but the show's exploration of it is like they caught it on a bank holiday or something.
>>
People kicking up all this fucking dust
Take your shoes off when you come in assholes
>>
>>13578575
IBO director is no good at all for action sequences.
>>
File: to-laugh.jpg (45 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
to-laugh.jpg
45 KB, 375x375
>>13578534
>I keep hearing people go on about how the storytelling was shit, but honest it's all part of the realism.

Oh man, I can't wait to use this excuse in every Garzey's Wing thread from now on.
>>
>>13570850
cool meme. Can't wait to see you post it again next week.
>>
File: 1448365366070.jpg (93 KB, 746x691) Image search: [Google]
1448365366070.jpg
93 KB, 746x691
>>13579871
>No one "had trouble keeping up with" G-Reco
If people had no problems keeping up with this show we wouldn't have hourly shitposting threads. I'm still not sure how people couldn't keep up but I can't deny the reaction.
>>
horribly cliched dialogue
constant exposition talk
bad directing
bad animation
mika is unlikeable
why is marina and her servantbitch in this again (she even looks the same what the fuck)
>>
It's very simple

It didn't have enough Robot fights
>>
>>13577353
>Great animation
Mostly
>Good use of CG (read: not on the fucking mechs)
I suspect you're one of the people that shits on CG in almost any other case
>Great art
Mostly, I dislike Yoshida's character faces, but that's subjective and it is well drawn
>Great characters
Subjective, but I don't think they're bad
>Great mecha designs
There are some serious turds
>Great OST
It's good
I appreciate that
I appreciate this as well
>Retard filter
No, even an idiot with a modicum of patience can figure out G-Reco.

>melodramatic background music
What are you talking about, music in melodramatic scenes is supposed to accentuate the scene.

>>13581402
This mostly.
>>13581379
>mika is unlikeable
Why the fuck does this matter?
I agree with everything else though.
>>13580904
It's pretty great.
>>
>>13582187
>I agree with everything else though.
it matters because i have to see his stupid goofy face all the time
>>
>>13570850
Nothing. This is the best Gundam in a while. Only weakness is the pacing is inevitably going to be shit, since only 25 episodes. Which is a shame, this could have been a REALLY good 50 episode Gundam.

But we will just get second season syndrome instead if we do get more episodes, so it'll be just like 00. Probably make mika a newtype or whatever.
>>
>>13582234
>This is the best Gundam in a while
AGE started stronger and at nine in was better than IBO.

Just because it's the first Gundam you watched in a while, doesn't mean shit.
>>
File: 1347094169674.gif (497 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
1347094169674.gif
497 KB, 448x336
>>13582293
>AGE started stronger and at nine in was better than IBO.
Bwahahahahahaha. I was fucking THERE for those AGE threads and there was nothing but bitching about how rehashy, poorly paced, and bullshit the first episodes of AGE were, especially once they got to Fardain.
>>
>>13582293
People had more hyped for TRY around this time
>>
>>13582370
Try just seemed okay but not quite as good as BF at this time. Episodes at least had characters with somewhat interesting stuff going on even if they eventually went no where
>>
>>13577453
>replying to the pastas
>>
>>13579871

>oh wow bad future thing happens and we become socially and technologically regressive

Can we please stop sucking Dune's cock for once?? God damn, if I wanted that shit i'd go read some Warhammer 40k novels.
>>
>>13578613
>Towasanga
>population in orbit around the moon

This triggers me.
>>
>>13582458
>Warhammer 40k novels
yeesh, your choice anon
>>
>mfw G-reco isn't really any different from G-Saviour

(future bad times) (scarcity) (factions fight over it)

It also retreads a lot of ideas used in Turn A. Can't Tomino do anything different? I realize he's getting old and cynical, but come the fuck on.
>>
>>13582532

I was using that as an example of bad dick-riding of Dune and its super-space-future where technology and humanity has regressed to a comical level. Everyone tries to imitate Dune, and have been for what, almost fifty years now?
>>
>>13577522
Swing and a miss
>>
>>13582550
That's because Dune is really good. Unfortunately it's a hard thing to replicate, especially by merely aping its surface features.
>>
>>13582541
Wow...G-reco haters reall are retarded
>>
Threads like this remind me what complete fucking retards you all are.
>>
>>13582541
There's no scarcity though. At least not in the sense you're implying. The Earthnoids get enough photon batteries to live pleasant, convenient lives. President Zuccini is just ambitious.
>>
>>13582724
Nope just the IBOfags ;^)
>>
Its my favorite Gundam series with GBF
BUILDo KNUCKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion is the 1st Gundam series that making kid pilots is not a bullshit
Today on there are lots of children soldier, and with that alaya vijnana system is not newtype godcoordinator magic that makes the kid knows how to use the Gundam.

Btw I love the coldness and how Mika tries to kill with all his might every enemy, you guys always complain about that all Gundam MC's only want to do peace, maybe in this one he will too but now he only wants to kill and that is really good
>>
>>13582817
>In my opinion is the 1st Gundam series that making kid pilots is not a bullshit
Stopped reading there
>>
>>13582817
People complain cause it is boring seeing pilots not able to grow and over come it (especially when they get a bullshit get out of killing card).

Problem with Mika being fine to kill is it means there is basically no conflict with his character. He is just completely fine about everything and sees it as a normal enough stepping stone to his farm
>>
>>13582817
You're obviously not American or at least don't have English as your first language. So either trolling or just retarded.

No one can name a Gundam series as uneventful through 9 episodes as this.
>>
>>13582849
The first episodes of ZZ were pretty boring and nothing happened, it didn't really take off until they left the planet. But I watched it years ago so I can't remember if thoseepisodes were worse than IBO.
>>
>>13582888
I found the first few episodes of ZZ to be the funniest, though that was 90% cause of Mashymre
>>
>>13582910
That is my opinion now. But when I first watched ZZ the funnyness just pissed me off because I loved Zeta so much and this was nothing like that
>>
>>13582817
>he only wants to kill and that is really good
son how old are you
>>
>>13582910
I think this also depends a lot on your sense of humor, for some people the comedy in ZZ just falls flat on its face.
>>
>>13582964
A lot of people say that. If they'd just get over their asspain (I had no such problems immediately jumping from kamille's brain throwing the proverbial piston rod through the oil pan to scooby doo with a gundam) they'd have a ton of fun watching ZZ, although I understand what's wrong with Moon Moon and such but I still enjoyed those episodes.

The first few episodes of ZZ are top fucking notch as long as you don't expect Zeta 2. It's way closer to early-mid 0079 or even G.
>>
>>13582827
>Problem with Mika being fine to kill is it means there is basically no conflict with his character. He is just completely fine about everything and sees it as a normal enough stepping stone to his farm
Praying they handle this right as he learns how to give a fuck about shit. This really does have the pacing of a 48-episode gundam series, but we're almost half over. It needs to pick up, or at least end early enough in the storyline or conflict for S2 to begin in a reasonable place if we get it, but still resolve enough to be satisfying.
>>
>>13583054
Mashymre alone made those episodes better than the first 9 of IBO.
>>
>>13583063
I just don't see it getting a S2 right now. I obviously don't know the sales of the kits but I've heard they are doing okay but the problem is that it seems like no one cares about the show.
>>
>>13583113
I like both. I can appreciate the exposition as much as I can Marshmallow-kun's antics.
>>
>>13582827
>>13583063
We all know they're just going to Roy Fokker Orga.
>>
>>13583118
>the problem is that it seems like no one cares about the show.
This is a show that should be on western TV, not Japanese TV. It hits a LOT of buttons for people who like military scifi, but not anime, necessarily.
>>
The best thing IBO has done so far was the tethered slingshot maneuver in the first space fight.
>>
>>13587153
I liked the way they boarded an enemy vessel too.
>>
>>13587162
Yeah that was also pretty cool. It's actually unusual for me to find anything interesting about the ship to ship combat in a gundam series, but in a lot of ways in IBO I'm generally finding it more interesting than the actual mobile suit fights.
>>
>>13587191
I guess the thing is that the combat while generally not that impressive visually, feels more methodical and strategic.

So far all the space battles have taken into account all the players at all times, not just the Gundam.
Most of the time the ship barely matters after the MS have launched.
>>
>>13587211
>So far all the space battles have taken into account all the players at all times, not just the Gundam.
That's every fucking Gundam anime.
>>
>>13587227
Let me rephrase: The ships and the other mobile suits actually get to do shit instead of getting a lucky hit in every ten episodes or serving as the mook clean-up squad.

Which hasn't happened in a long ass time.
>>
>>13587287
>Which hasn't happened in a long ass time.
Found the newfag
>>
>>13587305

Found the poisonous shit-posting faggot who won't let others like different things.

Fuck off and die.
>>
>>13587287
really thats only because theres so few mobile suits on the field, almost everyone we've seen fight is a named character and there are barely any faceless mooks to act as fodder
also no one else did shit before besides the gundam until the last fight episode where guts actually got some meaningful screentime
>>
>>13587311
shoulda called him out for being toxic desu senpai
dont appreciate ur homophobia either btw
>>
>>13570907
>show goes to reaffirm that Kudellia is importan
Because Kudellia IS extremely important and politics are 90% of the show.

> various factions want to use her
Well, yes, in a good political thriller almost everyone is using almost everyone

>and she is oblivious.
Have we been watching the same show? She's ridiculously observant and logical for gundam heroine.
>>
>>13587681
>Well, yes, in a good political thriller almost everyone is using almost everyone
That's also true of a bad political thriller. Which this show is.
>>
>>13587692
I feel like this is either bait or going to become "nuh huh/ah ha" situation. Just saying it's bad isn't enough you have to give a reason.
>>
>>13587211
>feels more methodical and strategic.
Honestly, I like that quite a bit. IMO Gundam isn't supposed to be rule of cool mech show, there's Gurren Lagann for that, it's supposed to be more war story told from soldier's POV with mechs. I wish they'd show aerial overview of the battles more, to be honest, to give better insight into strategic positions of factions.
>>
>>13587699
>Just saying it's bad isn't enough you have to give a reason.
No, I don't. If it's shit, it's shit. Simple as that.
>>
>>13582293

You've got to be kidding. AGE was awful. Now, I think IBO is a bit too pretty-boyish for me, but I think it's one of the better Gundam shows we've got so far.

I mean, we were all there for AGE. AGE had a lot of bad in it, and it's high point was the Gundam Seed rehash of the second arc. AFter that, it was downhill all the way.

Here, I really like the mecha designs and the combat. It's not as unashamedly peacenik in it's outlook the way previous Gundam shows have been. I don't want to bring up G-Reco, because I find the show personally incomprehensible - not bad, per se, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

I honestly think this is one of my favorite AUs so far. It's sufficiently gritty, plot-wise...And I'm glad the pendulum has finally swung, and we're getting more stuff like this and Thunderbolt. I was afraid that 00, then AGE, would ruin Gundam for me. (AGE came pretty close to turning me off the franchise for good.)
>>
>>13587731
>but I think it's one of the better Gundam shows we've got so far.
How to spot a newfag
>>
>>13583063

I don't know, I like a soldier who doesn't really have a problem with doing soldierly things. All the hand-wringing gets really old after a while.
>>
File: mr fanservice.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mr fanservice.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>13587725
You just don't like that anime started pandering to girls like they've been pandering to dudes for decades.
>>
>>13583063
Ibo is 2seasons. How is it people cant see this based on the model kit schedule?
>>
>>13587681
>Because Kudellia IS extremely important and politics are 90% of the show

Yes, and that's nice, now only if it'd go about being interesting like a good political thriller instead of just beating me over the fucking head with the same plot point every ten minues.

>Well, yes, in a good political thriller almost everyone is using almost everyone

Yes and like >>13587692 same goes for bad ones. Which this is. Exposition is fine, but when half of it is the same points over and over again it gets old. This is far from the only one to do it but given the length it has, can it afford to rehash this all the time.

>Have we been watching the same show? She's ridiculously observant and logical for gundam heroine.

I'll give you that she is better than most Gundam Heroines, but most of them have been dog shit so it's not an acomplishment. Look I agree she is better, and I actually find her to be one of the things I like about the show, but when the whole property thing was going on, for example and she's left if I recall correctly thinking about what that meant she obviously doesn't know she's being played to some degree, which she is, and that's fine she doesn't par for the course in shit, but doesn't need to go over it, again and again, sometimes multiple times an episode.
>>
>>13587731
>but I think it's one of the better Gundam shows we've got so far.
It's amazing how a show that looks like shit and does nothing remarkable can be considered best anything. It'll probably past once its done and people realize how lackluster it is much like Wing.
>>
>>13587737
>anyone that disagrees is a newfag
>check my hot opinions out
>>
>>13587740
>I like flat characters
All I'm seeing from reading here.
>>
>>13587737

Oh, come on. I've watched every AU, and they've been fucking awful every time. The only one that wasn't horribad was G Gundam for the sheer balls-out craziness of it. Fuck, on hindsight even the sillier UC entries (Turn A, ZZ) are beginning to look worse and worse to me in hindsight.

Seriously, I have no idea what you faggots want. I personally want something that's more mature in mood and tone, and not to have armed pacifist philosophy shoved in my face. I mean, let's be honest: We're watching for the giant robot fights. Isn't it better if both parties go into it with the mutual goal of fighting?

It's like sex. It's hard to get into sex when one party is screaming and crying. That shit's not arousing. It's way better when both people are down to fuck.
>>
>>13587744
But it isn't.
>>
>>13587753
>It's like sex.
No it is not. War is not like sex. It's more like rape.
>>
>>13587751

Please, no more. You've had your fun for almost a full decade. We've had the most fucking awful protagonists ever, and their faggotry began to infect Universal Century media with Banagher, The Most Boring Man Alive.

Enough of that shit. Even non-Gundam shows started thinking - "Hey, wouldn't it be great if the hero bitch-cried or was a giant faggot all the time?" - and that trend couldn't end soon enough for me.
>>
File: never critique anime ever.jpg (147 KB, 774x692) Image search: [Google]
never critique anime ever.jpg
147 KB, 774x692
Someone should add "exposition" to this.
>>
>>13587753
>That shit's not arousing.
Normalfag please.

>Isn't it better if both parties go into it with the mutual goal of fighting?
Ok, so then let's see a fight in IBO
>>
>>13587765

There was that duel with the enemy commander, and the recent fight against the girl piloting what was basically a Raptor from ZoE. Those were good.

I'm surprised by how little complaints I have with fights so far.
>>
>>13587774
The animation is sht
>>
>>13587764
>pretentious = this appears to have a message of some sort

That made me laugh for how true it is. Not that a lot of shit isn't pretentious but on here everything is.
>>
>>13587744
Gundam has literally been pandering to girls for decades. It's not been heavy, and it isn't now, but enough to establish some footholds outside the core demographics of the shows.
>>
>>13587764
The overuse of many of these buzzwords bothers me, because it makes it very difficult to express when there's a real issue with one of them. Especially pacing, because many anime have serious pacing problems.

I still have no idea what "forced drama" is supposed to mean in the context of fiction.

Calling things that already have been, or eventually will be explained "plot holes" may be the worst though. Fucking frodoposters man.
>>
>>13587948
>"forced drama"
I hate this one. I think most people mean to say it's something that doesn't feel natural, but it's fiction, wtf? Even if it's going for "realism" it's still a made up tale and happens just as the author/director/producer wants it to.

The only way I might agree with using "forced" as a criticism is if a character starts acting in a manner that is completely inconsistent with his/her character progression AND there isn't any elaboration as to why, or illustration that they got mind controlled or something. Not that it even needs to be immediately explained either, it could come close to the finale or whatever.

>because many anime have serious pacing problems.
It's true. Especially adaptations.
>>
Do you faggots like ANY mainline Gundam series since 00? AGE was shit, G-Reco was shit, IBO is shit, seriously.
>>
>>13587981
No. And AWotT sux
>>
>>13587981
00 was shit too
SEED was shit
Turn A was shit
X was shit
Wing was shit
G was shit
>>
>>13587985
>Wing was shit
Wew with a capital 'W'

Robotech fags need to go
>>
>>13587981
0079 had terrible shitty animation and bad fights.
Zeta has awful Tomino dialogue and characters doing stupid things everywhere.
ZZ is pants on head retarded, also not canon.
CCA has Quess being an irritating cunt and a bullshit ending.
0080 is muh revisionist history and edgy forced drama.
0083 has Nina being a backstabbing cunt and is shit outside of the animation.
08th MS Team has muh Romeo and Juliet and a Ball being invincible for no reason. Fucking plot armor.
Unicorn is Zeon apologism everywhere and stupid Newtype bullshit.
F91 is just 0079 rehashed.
Victory is muh dead wimmenz.
G is awful super robot bullshit.
Wing is shitty teenage garbage.
X is muh Oldtype wank and shitty rehashed Wing reject designs.
Turn-A is boring as fuck and Loran being the first useless pacifist cuntbag.
SEED is teenage drama fujoshit.
Destiny is teenage-ier, drama-ier fujoshit.
00 is autistic lead pilots and the worst second season of anything ever.
AGE is everything wrong with all of the above and more besides.
G-Reco? More like "gee, I wish I'd watched anything other than this".

And now IBO is even more shit.

Tomino was right: Gundam was a mistake.
>>
>>13588110
Oh, and let's not forget:

Build Fighters was Build Knuckle spam all day every day.
BFT was even worse Build Knuckle spam.
SD Gundam is for dumbass kids and snapfags.
Gunpla Builders was like Build Fighters only shorter and dumber.
Crossbone was stupid edgy pirate bullshit mary sue protagonists.
Battle Assault was shit.
Musou is musoushit.
EXVS and G Gen are crossover wankery shit.

I probably missed a game but it doesn't matter, if it has Gundam in it it's garbage.
>>
>>13588136
>Gunpla Builders
Have seen it recently,best laugh I had in recent year.
Now , any interest in build fighters has lessened if it is like gunpla builders but more gundam references and "plastic model is serious business " played for 51 episodes.
For me, it will become too stale.

Should I give a try?
>>
>>13588110
Why do we like Gundam again?
>>
>>13588979
We don't.
>>
>>13588998
I do
>>
>>13588979
we dont.
>>
>>13589000
faggot
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.