[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished this. Are there even any better /m/ movies? Like,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: DYRL CoverBeta.jpg (49 KB, 396x470) Image search: [Google]
DYRL CoverBeta.jpg
49 KB, 396x470
I just finished this. Are there even any better /m/ movies? Like, holy shit, I didn't think it would even measure up to the series but this managed to be even better
>>
>>13569310
Many
>>
I know, it can stand up there with popular sci-fi films. It has a better story than most. It's quite unique. I have never seen the iriginal series though.
>>
We remember love
>>
It isnt better than the series though
The songs are worse and the final battle is less cool
>>
>>13569310
I know, right? Macross movie is amaaaaazing. Akira and Megazone 23 are really good too, but honestly nothing tops DYRL.

>>13569329
Lying ass
>>
File: FRESH DRINK!! OH!.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FRESH DRINK!! OH!.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
I felt the same the first time I watched DYRL. It's easily on par with the best Western sci-fi films and it's rather a shame that nobody knows of it outside of retro anime fandom merely because it's Japanese. But we remember love. :)
>>
>>13569652
>It's easily on par with the best Western sci-fi films

Agree. There's a few other anime movies I rank like that:
-The first Galaxy Express 999 movie
-Arcadia of my Youth
-First two Space Battleship Yamato movies
-Gundam movie trilogy

Japan's sci fi game was strong in the late 70s/early 80s.
>>
>>13569770
Can I watch any of those without watching the series?
>>
>>13572527
You can watch the Gundam Trilogy without the series.
>>
Im getting real sick of this Macross fag
>>
>>13572560
Same.
>>
>>13569310
>but this managed to be even better
DYRL left out everything that made SDF Macross so good. Visually it's amazing but it falls short in all other areas.
>>
>>13572533
Yeah, I know and I have. What about the others?
>>
>>13572560
>>13572891
Well how about both of you just ignore it?
>>
>>13573175
This. I made the mistake of watching DYRL before SDF and felt like it was lacking. It works great as a companion piece though.
>>
>>13573274
Hard to do with the cancer dangling in front of your face day in and day out.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (148 KB, 1378x1378) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
148 KB, 1378x1378
Is there a definitive DYRL BluRay rip that most of /m/en stand behind? Haven't been on here in ages due to life but don't want to miss out on my annual watch this Valentines. Have an old 5.4gig file sitting on my hard drive but the picture quality still doesn't do the animation justice (blurred edges and a lot of grain).
>>
File: yatsura.png (2 MB, 1023x762) Image search: [Google]
yatsura.png
2 MB, 1023x762
>>13569310

>type in do you remember love into youtube
>first result

This was a mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZeiV_r-2sY
>>
>>13574044
5/10 is an appropriate score though
>>
>>13573396
Grain is good, denoise filters are fucking disgusting.
>>
>>13573396
That one is what I watch. But it isn't perfectly encoded and it is the censored version. I don't believe there is an uncensored version available anywhere though, or at least not in HD.
>>
>>13569310
DYRL is fucking amazing, but you have to watch the series to get the most out of it.
>>
>>13569770
These along with The Five Star Stories and Zeta Gundam: A New Translation.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.