[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shin Mazinger after the last battle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: godscrander.jpg (37 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
godscrander.jpg
37 KB, 640x424
Go Nagai noob here (only saw some Getter).
Just finished “Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!” ep 26, and I’m like, wat.
Is that really the last episode? Any sequel (even in manga)?
Since I liked the whole show, I’m just a bit surprised by the ending.
Is there anything “too deep for me” to understand, related to some larger Go Nagai’s World?
>>
The last episode (and the first episode done in media res) is a reference to how Mazinger Z ended with the introduction to the Mykene Empire and Great Mazinger.
>>
>>13565830
It's meant to mirror Mazinger Z's original ending, with Z trashed and Great swooping in to save Kouji's ass.
This is complicated by the lack of a Shin Great, and the fact that Tetsuya would have to be a robot protagonist. Also Kenzo being a headcrab.
>>
>>13565830
The last episode was the intro to the first one Mazinger loses which would have segued into Shin Great Mazinger like the original series.
Shin Great never ever
>>
Did Imagawa ever think a Great-hen could be produced?
I mean, Great wasn't popular and Japan hated Jun for being half-black. It was only when Kouji showed up that ratings for it (and Grendizer) picked up.
>>
>>13565830
>Go Nagai noob here (only saw some Getter).

Hey that's cool we all start somewhere. Welcome to the club, friend.

>Just finished “Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!” ep 26, and I’m like, wat.

Hah hah, yeah that was a ride alright.

>Is that really the last episode? Any sequel (even in manga)?

Regrettably. There's the ZERO manga you may want to check out though. Kaizer SKL also exists and might wet your whistle.

>Since I liked the whole show, I’m just a bit surprised by the ending.

I think we all where. Though the original 70s show ended on a somewhat similar note and set up Great. I think they where banking on that to happen here.

>Is there anything “too deep for me” to understand, related to some larger Go Nagai’s World?

not really. Lot of reboots and half finished projects. You should go watch the recent Jeeg show.
>>
>>13565853
Well he was suppose to make a reboot of the original series and it ended like that so why should he differ?
Oh and
>imagawa
>following his shit up
>>
>>13565861
I'm sure imagawa is still working on Giant Robo:Tower of Babel, the actual 2nd half of Shin Getter:Armageddon, G Gundam:14th G-Fight and Shin Great Mazinger. It's just taking a long time because Imagawa wants to take his time to get it right!
>>
>>13565861
It's not Imagawa's decision.

If he gets hired for a sequel, he would do it.

>>13565871
Tower of Babel was done in manga format.
>>
>>13565931
A Tower of Babel equivalent to The Day the Earth Burned was done, not the OVA one's.
And the manga is kinda crappy.
>>
>>13565842
>Mazinger Z's original ending
Shin was based off the manga, which had no ending

>>13565853
I really wish someone would do something for Great. At least Grendizer got Grendizer Giga.
>>
>>13566293
The manga did have an ending, it just continued immediately into Great Mazinger.
>>
>>13565853
>and Japan hated Jun for being half-black
This is literally something you just made up
>>
>>13566342
The manga had no ending. There was an ending to the story, but it was in the first few chapters of the Great Mazinger story and not in the original manga itself
>>
>>13565830
The show bomb and we haven't heard word about a sequel in years.
>>
>>13566293
>>13567382
Shut the fuck up about things you don't know about spic.
>>
>>13567398
The favored scapegoat of DP fans who don't like people talking about their series
>>
>>13565830
Presumably, Great Mazinger shows up and saves the day before jobbing as hard as possible for the next 30 years.
>>
>>13568894

Shin Kaiser Hen when?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.