[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the SDF-1 feel like it was only a 1.2 km long ship to you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: sdf-1-macross.jpg (779 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
sdf-1-macross.jpg
779 KB, 1680x1050
Did the SDF-1 feel like it was only a 1.2 km long ship to you?

It seemed like they should have given it bigger official measurements with all the empty space inside.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (12 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
12 KB, 240x180
yeah it was a little ridiculous. Macross City was all in the "legs" of the ship. on several levels.

see this picture.

the city is built around the ship and so are those runways.

heavy airplanes like airliners and cargo planes. They need at least 2.5 km of runway.

one thing to remember about Macross. the only consistent thing is the inconsistency. all explained away as all macross shows and movies are actually "in universe shows and movies, of actual events in the macross universe".
>>
>>13565060
Well VF's are not regular jets so they dont need all that space to park, specially with the gerwalk mode
>>
>>13565060
The vertical height alone accounts for enough volume to hold Macross City.
>>
>>13565001

Sci Fi Writers Have No Sense Of Scale
>>
>>13565141
Plus a lot of the city was destroyed during the fold and was simply left behind.
>>
>>13565001
Did they ever show the macross firing those four guns on the side?
>>
>>13565141

That's assuming that the legs are hollow which is't the case. Whatever cargo hold is in there is a mere fraction of the kilometer length of the ship.
>>
>>13565208
>Whatever cargo hold is in there is a mere fraction of the kilometer length of the ship.
If I remember correctly, the engines of the legs are actually smaller than one would expect, and since the legs are, I dunno, 400m long, by stacking the city up, it could work.
Remember, they had to remodel the interior to fit the city in.

/r/ing the picture of the cross section of the Macross' legs, I know someone has it.
>>
>>13565176
They show every gun firing every fight anon, its macross
They also were fired onscreen in the end of plus
>>
>>13566027

This one?

>some multiple storey buildings, a stadium, several shelters
>at least a dozen blocks of houses
>enough ceiling height to fly around in

no way that area is smaller than 500 square meters.
>>
File: macross-dyrl-internalcity.jpg (338 KB, 1024x663) Image search: [Google]
macross-dyrl-internalcity.jpg
338 KB, 1024x663
>>13566105

Forgot the image.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 611x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 611x480
>>13565001

It's nice when photos look real.
>>
>>13569919
I don't know about all of them but he definitely said that for DYRL.
>>
>>13569919
Next, I’d like to ask about DYRL… The design for Exedore is green all throughout the rest of the Macross shows. How is this explained in terms of the timeline?

>You know… This is something I have trouble getting people to understand in magazine interviews. For example, you’ve got World War II, and then you have lots of movies based on that event, right? They are all fictional. They’re all based on a war that actually took place, but they are all different. For example, in period dramas you have Oda Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu, but there are so many Oda Nobunagas and Tokugawa Ieyasus. The producers look at the real event and adapt the character according to their wishes. The actors and lines also change, so the character changes. It’s that kind of feeling. OK, so in the timeline you have a movie called DYRL that was released, does that mean that the TV series is the true story? Well, you have the SDF-1 that supposedly fell from the sky, and then a story was made about the subsequent history and was televised. Then that became a movie. Then later, there was a “Macross 7 incident”, and a TV series was made about that. That’s basically how I see it.

So… “Macross 7” is also a TV series broadcast within the Macross timeline?

>That’s right, that’s the interpretation. It’s not just the movie, they are ALL works of fiction.
>>
File: 1411320115125.jpg (1 MB, 2150x3055) Image search: [Google]
1411320115125.jpg
1 MB, 2150x3055
>>13570013
None of them are real?

>None of them are real.

In the teaser for DYRL, there is a line that goes, “I am Lynn Minmay, I will be playing the lead in this movie”. It does make you feel that there was a TV show which then became a movie.(perhaps) the movie ended up being a hit, which led to the TV series being made.

>Exactly. That’s what I have trouble getting people to understand. The real truth is somewhere else. They studied the history and made the fiction after the fact. While reasoning the facts, they have to make many compromises, like the limitations of a TV format, like the fact they have to sell toys, and so they have to adapt the story that way. So, in that respect, it doesn’t matter if all the productions differ.

The same goes for Macross Plus, too?

>Yeah, that too. You have a similar incident that occurred. There may have been some virtual reality character like Sharon. Like, “she probably did exist”.
>>
>>13570013

That's just a handwave for autist nerds who obsess over canon shit, which unfortunately are the market for mecha anime.
Intelligent people just judge shows on their own, without having to know if the events of one episode contradict the canon of a fucking cartoon made for teenagers.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.