[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was telling a friend of mine about how annoying I find Amuro.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 21
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
I was telling a friend of mine about how annoying I find Amuro. From the very beginning of Gundam, he´s been one of the most goddamn annoying characters.

Who's the most annoying twart in Gundam for you, /m/?
>>
>>13562144
You.
>>
File: 1448491470402.jpg (119 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448491470402.jpg
119 KB, 1440x1080
>>13562149
That's a given, anon.
>>
>>13562149
>OP is amuro
>he hates himself
>he imagines that he is not Amuro so he can hate himself.
>>
File: 03.jpg (52 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
52 KB, 500x487
Took until CCA, but he finally became a badass.
>>
>>13562182
>amuro is trying to make himself feel better.
>>
>>13562182
Amuro was pretty unquestionably badass since, like, the end of the Ral arc.
>>
File: camillechar.jpg (23 KB, 562x413) Image search: [Google]
camillechar.jpg
23 KB, 562x413
>>13562190
He was a sadsack on a rebound for most of Zeta.
It's really no wonder that Kamille defaulted back on Char as his mentor, because for once it seemed like he had his shit together.
>>
File: image.gif (13 KB, 309x372) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
13 KB, 309x372
What's going on in this thread, guys?
>>
File: image.png (31 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31 KB, 300x150
>>13562345
I wanna know too!
>>
>>13562345
>>13562352
MAH FAMILY IS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAD!!!
>>
File: image.png (306 KB, 664x674) Image search: [Google]
image.png
306 KB, 664x674
>>13562358
Huh?
>>
>>13562144
I can't name a single UC TV series protag who's not an annoying little shit. I'm amazed this franchise managed to get popular enough to get all those great OVAs and those amazing AU series.
>>
>>13562144
youve just started watching gundam havent yo OP
>>
>>13562502
>all those great OVAs and those amazing AU series
is this bait?
>>
File: 1347979421219.jpg (14 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1347979421219.jpg
14 KB, 200x200
>>13562144
>>
>>13562502

i am amazed how your mom conceived you even though she was a whore.
>>
File: Bright-noa.jpg (64 KB, 500x850) Image search: [Google]
Bright-noa.jpg
64 KB, 500x850
>>13562345
>>13562352
>>13562362
None of you better start anything in this thread or I'll "correct" you.
>>
>>13562345
i was almost "reeee"-ing at the screen during this entire sequence
>>
>>13562517

I don't see how he could make it more obvious.
>>
File: V7ULZKF.jpg (75 KB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
V7ULZKF.jpg
75 KB, 1919x1080
>>13562502
These gundam needs more no nonsense badasses like mika
>>
>>13562663
>>13562700
G - badass
Wing - no fun allowed
X - badass
Turn A - no fun allowed
SEED and Destiny were still bad, that's a given.
00 - badass
AGE - no fun allowed
BF - badass
BFT - no fun allowed
Greco is also shit.
IBO - badass

If you exclude the UC-tier series the pattern holds up for AU.
>>
>>13562782
Turn A was all fun, all the time
>>
>>13562586
Katz and Riddhe are /r9k/ers for sure.
>>
>>13562663
>>13562700
I wish Heero had stayed Mika tier instead of falling into the war is bdong trope
>>
>>13562586
>>13562345
one of the major reasons I like Victory over Zeta is because they don't have as much retarded moments like these than in Zeta.

Almost all episodes in Zeta that features a woman-centric plot outside of Emma are hard to stomach.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 640x640
>>13562585
Dad! Stop embarrassing me in front of my waifu and her cool friends!!!
>>
>>13562801
to be fair he didn't fell as hard for muh understanding as hard as say Setsuna.

the good thing about Heero is that he is (mostly) reasonable and will not follow a one way road when there are clearly better options available.
>>
>>13562585
Honestly, he should've done that. It could only do good to them.
>>
>>13562352
Quess wouldn't be nearly as annoying if she had a lickable pussy
>>
>>13562144
Did you drop 079 before like episode 16? Amuro stops being a whiny lil shit once Ral comes in and beats his tight boipussy so hard he finally becomes a man.
>>
>>13562144

Shiro, he just loves for very shallow reasons and he feels entirely phony.
>>
>>13562345
Oh, this insufferable fuckbag.

If Zeta Gundam has one problem it's that everyone just does whatever the fuck they want, and even if they get corrected, a brig threat or tossed in the brig, nobody ever seems to learn anything or expect any change.

>Kamille already sees through Sarah's ploy
>Knows that Katz has a thing for her
>"Katz, stay away from her"
>"But here's the key to her room"
>>
>>13562144
Amuro is great. Fuck you.

>>13562502
Fuck you too.
>>
>>13563834
He was probably hoping that Katz getting laid would make his balls drop
>>
It's a toss-up between Katz and Shinn.
Actually I think I'll have to give it to Shinn because at least Katz had the original MSG where he wasn't an insufferable shit.
>>
Judau killed any hope of me enjoying ZZ.
>>
>>13562144
OP
>>
>>13564195
Can't self-insert in an Alpha male friend?
>>
File: 1407034165007.gif (131 KB, 478x329) Image search: [Google]
1407034165007.gif
131 KB, 478x329
>>13562144
Tomino.
>>
>>13564216
Is your definition of an alpha man just someone who's a dick to authority figure?
>>
>>13564256
>doesn't notice working for a living to protect your family
yup, he's a betta
>>
>>13562586
I could forgive Katz letting her go the first time because he's just a dumb teen run by hormones but to do it a second time after he knows for sure she's just going to betray everyone pissed me off. Even the most horny teen in the universe should be smart enough not to trust that bitch again.
>>
>>13562182
too bad CCA is a trainwreck of a film
>>
File: 1395980309286.jpg (93 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1395980309286.jpg
93 KB, 960x720
This little shit.

Runners up are Shakti, Loran, and Bellri.
>>
>>13564597
You're a bad person

My pick would be Kou, disliking carrots isn't really enough to carry a character
>>
>>13562144
everyone in IBO

except Guts. bless his Graze
>>
>>13564596
Still better than trainwreck G-rectum, fuccboi
>>
>>13564864
I don't think anybody would argue against that, so why would you bring it up?
>>
>>13564881
You shouldn't have responded. Whether it's love or hate anyone who randomly brings up G Reco is more than likely a shitposter trying to derail the thread into arguing about the show.
>>
>>13564881
Educating /m/
>>
>>13564881
Just reminding /m/ that G-rectal is a fucking piece of trainwreck shit and they should stop infesting IBO threads with their garbages
>>
>>13565104
If you're going to try false flagging as a group you dislike then you shouldn't mention said group's name. It just makes it incredibly obvious.
>>
>>13562213

What. Even as a PTSDing wreck of a human being he was still making bitches wet and schooling Char with fucking transport planes. They had to shelve him quick so it didn't become Zeta Amuro-Saves-the-Fucking-Day Gundam. Shit would have been wrapped up in like five episodes.
>>
>>13565661
>They had to shelve him quick so it didn't become Zeta Amuro-Saves-the-Fucking-Day Gundam. Shit would have been wrapped up in like five episodes.

Isn't that basically what happened with SEED Destiny?
>>
>>13565761
Yep. The difference here was Tomino realized Zeta was Kamille's story, not Amuro's, so he shelved him quick.

But Fukuda (and the fans) decided that his precious Kira needed the spotlight back, so he turned the protagonist into a villain.
>>
>>13565761
Not really. The show followed Athrun more than Shinn from the very first episode. Sunrise just marketed Destiny to look like a Zeta remake so people assumed that Shinn would be the new MC instead of a grunt for the villain. This, of course, caused massive butthurt amongst people who didn't like Kira and wanted to see him put in his place and replaced.
>>
>>13566081
>The show followed Athrun more than Shinn from the very first episode.
But then they heavily sidelined Athrun once Minerva left Orb. He doesn't even ever get one proper fighting scene in the Savior. There was the one Kira episode in that stretch, but outside of that the focus was clearly on Shinn, and it continues on him until Kira is defeated, when it changes to Kira. The show never could keep any consistent focus.
>>
Most of 00's main cast.
>>
>>13566040
Fukuda didn't turn Athrun into a villain.
>>
>>13566173
Yeah, Shinn did have an arc, but it's not comparable to Kamille being the center of Zeta from the very beginning. Shinn got focus, but Kamille was the unquestionable main character, and i want to say Kira showed up considerably sooner than Amuro did. Considering the differences in their character, motivations, and story arcs I don't see why everyone wants to equate Shinn to Kamille. The only thing they have in common is "titular mobile suit of the second series in a Gundam timeline".
>>
File: Mobile-suit-gundam-zz-1.jpg (254 KB, 1000x726) Image search: [Google]
Mobile-suit-gundam-zz-1.jpg
254 KB, 1000x726
>>13562502
You must have skipped ZZ
>>
>>13562502
Uso wasn't annoying
>>
>>13566259
Setsuna was ok but only because he spoke so little and when he did it was to remind the audience what he is
>>
File: sideb002_A.jpg (285 KB, 620x760) Image search: [Google]
sideb002_A.jpg
285 KB, 620x760
>>13566081
People thought he was the new main character because we were told he was the new main character from the beginning, and promotional material (At the time) treated him like the new main character.
It's really not alien for people to expect that the new main character does more of the being the focus, because that's generally what you do when you throw in a new main character, otherwise, there's no point.

But you know what, I'm torn on Shinn. I like him, and I think up until the great derailing, he's a decentish character. But that's just the thing, he's decent at best. Most of my like of the character comes from auxailary material like Super Robot Wars, which is official fanfiction at best. When you look back at Gundam SEED Destiny, it comes off like they never had a plan for him in the first place, like they don't know what to do with him. I'd say that's because in the middle of bringing up this new character and his friends, rather than building up the new cast and new situations, they're trapped in the world of the old characters, and ever pace they take is dictated by whatever the old characters are doing. To put this into perspective, outside of the Extended, Shinn's only significant foes are either Kira or Athrun, instead of his own.
>>
File: shinn202.jpg (51 KB, 418x557) Image search: [Google]
shinn202.jpg
51 KB, 418x557
>>13568595
When you look at Kamille and Lt. Quattro, you get the idea that Kamille actually has respect for the guy, even though they don't always seem eye to eye, and there are times when Kamille gets pissed off at Quatrro and lashes out at him. Quattro rarely gets mad at Kamille, because he knows what he's going through is the same horseshit him and Amuro went through, and he actually spends a good majority of the series trying to guide him, and when Kamille starts getting uppity, Quattro could give a fuck less, because he has more important shit to do than to babysit Kamille, and even if he doesn't, SOMEONE is going to give Kamille a hard-time over his bullshit. When Kamille's complaining about someone, something or some event, there's someone he can confide in and/or someone or someones who will call him out on his bullshit.
Hell, we even get the idea that Kamille's gotten a bit mature when you compare him to Katz, who can't seem to stop getting himself into trouble

But on GSD, the only characters that really exist on the Minerva are Talia, Arthur, Shinn, Rey, Lunamaria, Meryin and Athrun. 3 of these characters hardly have any input outside of what's going on in battle, and you rarely get to see Shinn actually talk to the rest of the gang. Keep in mind that this battleship only has about 4 mobile suits on it, five if so guest shows up. So we have him with Athrun most of the time, and for whatever reason, there has to be some sort of weird edge between the two, like they can't decide if Shinn has any respect for Athrun or if he can't stand him. You hardly get the feeling that Athrun actually cares about anyone on the Minerva at all, or that he's just there because the script says so. He doesn't take any time to really chat it up with any of the main characters outside of Talia and Shinn. Everyone had regular reactions with Quattro, even if they didn't agree with him on what they were talking about.
>>
>>13568602
Do you remember Madd Aves? Yeah, he was the head mechanic, and only really showed up in the first 13 episodes. Do you remember Chen Jian Yi, Malik Yardbirds, or Burt Heim? They work on the bridge of the Minerva. I don't even think they're mentioned by name in the series. Shaun, Dale? They were GuAIZ R pilots, killed by Auel and Sting on episode 4. They don't bother giving them faces.
This series puts no effort into building up new characters. There are more scenes of the minor characters of the Archangel talking than any of the newer ones.

One of Astonaige's first scenes is him meeting Kamille, them shooting the shit about mobile suits and namedropping ZETA GUNDAM which appears some episodes later. After Kamille comes back to space, he has a big dumb fight with Torres and Saegusa on the bridge to show that Kamille's annoyed, and everyone gets sent to the brig, and they drop their argument after they remember that Kamille went to Hong Kong and might have some new holo-tapes on him. When they get out of the bridge, Torres brags that they couldn't fight a decent war without the two of them, and Saegusa tells him to knock it off. I mean, these characters aren't deep, and they don't have anything plot relevant to say that often, but at the very least they're around, and makes it feel like the ship is full of humans. GSD doesn't bother because there's no time for these kind of interactions because it has a whole other side to juggle and put focus on.
>>
>>13568621
Shinn has all the pieces of a good character are there, but there's no direction, and for all of his highs and lows, instead of trying to build something with him, they just tossed it out. Add that he doesn't even make for a GOOD villain protagonist, and you have a waste on your hands. I can't for the life of me put any idea on why Shinn would think the Destiny Plan is a good idea or what he has to do with it in the first place, just that he's the antagonist now and that's all that's important.

When I think about SRWZ, I think Shinn's a great character, but that's because he actually has...humans to react with, peers, detractors, superiors that actually give a shit.I heard that his voice actor thinks of that as the real Shinn, and I don't blame him. If you've been following the LP, the story actually bothers making him.... a human, and give some sort of balancing point on why he would consider sticking around with ZAFT during the Destiny Plan.

The actual series? He's not great, and they go to ruin him even after that. I find it hard pressed to find a decent character in the cast. If you were to call him a shit character, I wouldn't disagree. I think there are worse, but still, I can see it.

In a way, I love this picture. I love it because, besides the fact that it looks cool, it's a attempt at trying to runback the new discovery that people actually liked this character, but you'd actually need a rewrite to actually fix it. Showing this isn't going to make up for the lackluster battles at the end of the series. This series couldn't even deliver on the fights at the end of the series. Even AGE could pull that off.

This series has some good points here and there, but when you think about it, someone dropped the ball real hard here. This should have been a decent series, but it wasn't. This is like an amateur's attempt at a Gundam series, and Gundam isn't a high-brow series.
>>
File: saji.jpg (43 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
saji.jpg
43 KB, 704x396
No one will ever be as awful as this motherfucker.
>>
File: Ol31YDp.jpg (191 KB, 1189x1069) Image search: [Google]
Ol31YDp.jpg
191 KB, 1189x1069
>>13569927
>>
>>13562144
Shut the fuck up. Amuro is supposed to be a little shit for a while, that's the point. By the time he faces Ral he's a grown ass man.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.