[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Strongest MS Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 41
Is this unit the currently strongest MS in Gundamverse or the title still belong to G-Self?
>>
Novel Turn A>anime Turn A>00 Qanta>Devil Gundam>G-Self Perfect Pack
>>
File: Turn A vs Turn X q.jpg (587 KB, 3036x2140) Image search: [Google]
Turn A vs Turn X q.jpg
587 KB, 3036x2140
>>13558028
>still G-Self
hahaha
>>
Nether Gundam
>>
>>13558028
I almost for get the Extreme gundam is technically the strongest, but it's not really fair when you consider that its concept is pretty fanfic tier
>>
File: ELS_00Q.jpg (90 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
ELS_00Q.jpg
90 KB, 500x679
q
>>
File: awakened.jpg (351 KB, 1200x1064) Image search: [Google]
awakened.jpg
351 KB, 1200x1064
>>13558112
I RAISE YOU A UNICORN!!!
>>
File: Fry 2.gif (301 KB, 270x271) Image search: [Google]
Fry 2.gif
301 KB, 270x271
>>13558044
>Qan[T] over Turn X and Devil Gundam
>Turn X not on the list
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
Tryon 3
>>
>>13558080
>its concept is pretty fanfic tier
This means nothing since mere competence is often declared "fanfic tier".

Please explain the Extreme Gundam. (That name is pretty funny though.)
>>
>>13558028
I know it's irrelevant but this guy is pretty much the worst 3000 in the game, outclassed even by some at lower cost
>>
>>13558044
Novel Turn A > Newtype Magic (green Unicorn, souls of the dead Zeta, Judau'd ZZ, Axis shock Nu) > Turn A = Turn X > 00 Quanta > G-Self Perfect Pack
No Devil, didn't watch G
>>
File: beginning30.jpg (24 KB, 639x355) Image search: [Google]
beginning30.jpg
24 KB, 639x355
Say if the Beginning 30 was really a mobile suit, could it be one of the strongest?
>>
>>13559796
Probably like an upgraded and better all-rounded Legillis, since the bits can act as shields.

A strong unit, yes, but nothing like the absolute beasts of mobile suits.
>>
>>13559697
I HEARD KOYASU!
>>
>>13559796

It would definitely be high in the lists. Seems to be similar in tech to the V2.
>>
>>13559697
>Turn-X riding Mammoth Gundam
Now this is power levels
>>
>>13559719
It's an original mecha with numerous variants in the EXVS series. The good guy one can SHINING FINGAAAAAAAAA, for starters.
>>
>>13558074
Tomino himself said that the G-Self is the strongest mobile suit and he made both series so im sure he gets to pick.
Though i'd argue for the Turn A otherwise
>>
File: 1f12[1].jpg (115 KB, 864x611) Image search: [Google]
1f12[1].jpg
115 KB, 864x611
Bigger is always better!
>>
>>13559949
Literally every single MS posted in this thread could solo both of those at the same time
>>
>>13558080
Didn't it get put into a lockdown by Jesus Yamato who kept disarming him everytime he pulled a new weapon? And that faggot Fon Spark couldn't be beat and somehow escaped his simulation/alernate universe?
>>
>>13559857
It's definitely stronger than the v2 though in terms of capabilities,its design look similar too, I'm tempted to call it more of a V3
>>
File: Zanspine.jpg (96 KB, 562x800) Image search: [Google]
Zanspine.jpg
96 KB, 562x800
>>13560134
V3 already exists, it's called the Zanspine and has triple WoL. The WoL can be "thrust vectored" and even handheld as giant beam sabres.
>>
>>13560280
I thought the V2 could always do those with it's WoL
>>
>>13559933

He did a bad job showing why in that case. I really don't think we have to take his word on something like that though personally, since relative strength is by its nature open to interpretation unlike the order two shows take place in.
>>
>>13560379
On paper the G-Self Perfect Pack sounds rock solid. It has all the benefits of every single pack that the G-Self had with none of the drawbacks, plus new stuff like the omnidirectional lasers and Copy+Paste Shields.

I'm not entirely sure how that'd fare compared to the MLB or the nanomachine's auto repair but in all other factors I could see it having the edge on the Turn A.
>>
>>13561916

The thing is its not very destructive. Or at least, it's never indicated within the show to be. It's never even shown to be super-fast compared to anything else in universe. Yea it's got shields and lasers and stuff, but so do plenty of units. And the Turn-A comes across much more impressive even discounting the Moonlight Butterfly given that it's beam shielding can cover literally miles of battlefield, it's beam cannons have a huge blast area several times the size of the Turn-A itself and so on.
>>
File: wolsaber.webm (1 MB, 640x520) Image search: [Google]
wolsaber.webm
1 MB, 640x520
>>13560349

It can, but it has to turn its body.
>>
File: Gundam-gp02-dwg3.jpg (2 MB, 2650x1988) Image search: [Google]
Gundam-gp02-dwg3.jpg
2 MB, 2650x1988
>destroys two thirds of the EFF in a single hit
I think we ought to consider the GP02 more.
>>
>>13562107
Well, that's less because of the GP02's own strength and more about how, you know, nukes are kinda powerful.
>>
File: fuckseed.jpg (61 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
fuckseed.jpg
61 KB, 400x400
00 Raiser wins.

Trans-Am would fuck anything in it's path.
>>
>>13562162
By that logic the 00 Quan(T) still beats it.
>>
>>13562162
>>13562177

Both 00 Raiser and the Qan[t] proved pretty limited within their own entries. The 00 Raiser drew against a machine that didn't even have true furnaces and the Qan[t] needed help to blow a hole in a big ass fortress. Trans-am wasn't doing much to help in either situation. They're good machines, but they're pretty limited and trans-am only provides a short, temporary boost.
>>
File: Turn A Gundam.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Turn A Gundam.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
People say Turn A is the most powerful but beyond the I-field and Moonlight Butterfly, which is very limited in its applications, it's just a tougher RX-78 with a meaner beam rifle.
>>
File: 649452772751.png (409 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
649452772751.png
409 KB, 576x432
Could we count mobile fighters?

I would think God Gundam is a good contender if not not maybe Devil Gundam
>>
>>13562287

> beyond the things that make it powerful it's not actually powerful

How very well reasoned.

> it's just a tougher RX-78 with a meaner beam rifle

That can also turn invisible, fly within atmosphere, has a much higher thrust output and has two massive beam cannons built in to it's chest.

Also, why do you think the moonlight butterfly is very limited in it's application? It can be used to create shielding, break shielding, as wings to help flight, as blades to cut enemies and to straight up eat all technology within at least a planetary radius. Which is not only powerful it's pretty varied in it's application. The only system in Gundam that's more varied is probably GN particle technology.

>>13562307

Devil is a better unit than the God Gundam. Domon can't beat the Devil in a straight fight, he has to confess his feelings to Rain to damage the core of the unit by removing it's human element and making it vulnerable enough to defeat.
>>
>>13562383

The strength of the Devil Gundam is heavily dependent on the pilot forming it's core. Master Asia believed a better martial artist meant a better core, so he was training Domon to become the new core via the 13th Gundam Fight, including fights against the Devil Gundam itself. Which indicates that some of those fights against the Devil Gundam may have been thrown to help Domon develop as a martial artist. Regardless Ulube believed that a woman would form a stronger core (can't recall his reasoning off hand) and when Rain became the core, her desire to run away from Domon because of what her family had done to his meant that the Devil Gundam became impossible for Domon to beat. Even outside of that desire to distance Domon from her though she was using the Devil Gundam on a level that it hadn't been used previously in the series and even all the Gundam Fighters working together weren't able to stop it as it took over Earth. Whether that was because she was a woman or because she wasn't holding back to help train Domon or what isn't indicated that I recall, but there was definitely something going on there that made it much, much stronger than the God Gundam.
>>
>>13562287
>Invisibility
>Atomic Holocaust
>Powered by a Tiny Black Hole
>Nanomachines able to auto repair everything without human help
>Latest human-machine interface
>Most upgraded technology of all gundam universes

And why would you exclude the most powerful aspects of Turn A and X?

The I Field is the most powerful form of shielding in the Gundam universe, and the Moonlight Butterfly is able to turn to dust technology from Earth to Jupiter radius.

So It's the best Gundam, maybe Turn X is superior to it by a tiny margin, but there is no proof to support that.

>>13562307
In previous thread it was stated that the force of mobile fighters lies in their pilots, not the machines technology. It's a matter of "fighting spirit" and that's why G Gundam is Super and not Real.
>>
>>13559933
Not only did he do a pretty bad job showing it, Tomino does not own Gundam. He does not even choose what's canon or not. For better or worse all of that belongs to Sunrise.
>>
Also, strange that nobody is mentioning Wing Zero Custom, with Zero System able to anticipate every move made by its enemies, and the Twin Buster Rifle, able to blow up a large colony with a single shot.

Also its speed and durability are top notch.
>>
>>13562307
Would the Devil Gundam even count as an Mobile Suit/Fighter?
>>
>>13562433
>Ulube believed that a woman would form a stronger core (can't recall his reasoning off hand)

I believe he had access to the actual design plans of the Ultimate Gundam, as it was before it crashed on Earth and became the Devil Gundam. Something in there told him he needed a woman, and I believe a fertile woman of prime breeding age as well, to get the best performance. Now why Doman's father made it that way with the help of Kyoji I have no idea.
>>
>>13562383
>>13562433
It's indicated that a female core simply is stronger in all regards than a male one. Whatever mechanism the Devil Gundam uses to draw strength from its core responds much better to a woman's body and mind than a man's, no matter how strong the man in question.

The only fight that was properly thrown was the one in Tokyo. In Guyana Domon severely wounded it, but didn't actually kill it (indeed, minutes later the Four Heavenly Kings came calling to kill him), while in Hong Kong he was provided with a direct hit on its core courtesy of Schwarz. Domon could consistently drive the Devil Gundam back, but even with Kyoji as the core he couldn't kill it unassisted.
>>
>>13562434
>Earth to Jupiter radius.

Not really, only the earth. If not, the Moon would have been fucked.
>>
The G-Self is like a scout-type version of the Turn A.

But considering the Regild Century is after Correct Century, it could be stronger... But it doesn't have nanomachine that regenerates or moonlight butterfly, so no. Still, it's like a mass-produced miniature White Doll.
>>
>>13562590
The Moonbase stayed underground, so that's why it was saved.
>>
>>13560117
It doesn't help that Fon Spaak is another creation of Extreme's writer.
>>
File: 15154181541818.jpg (22 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
15154181541818.jpg
22 KB, 488x488
>>13562606

>RG is after CC

What?
>>
>>13562613

Nothing about the Moonlight Butterfly operating beyond the Earth is mentioned in show and certainly nothing about reaching to Jupiter, which comes from the gunpla manual. There's also nothing in the show about a miniature black hole powering it. The Turn-X is also probably better since while the Turn-A can turn invisible, the Turn-X can split in to 7 different and independently controllable parts without a newtype pilot and can absorb energy from other units, pilots or even cities. It's a good trade off.

>>13562606

Nice fan-fiction. The G-Self has little to nothing in common with the Turn-A. The G-Lucifer has more in common with the Turn-A than the G-Self, since it at least displays a Moonlight Butterfly derived ability. About the closest thing I can think of that the G-Self has in common with the Turn-A is that the G-Self's laser spam attack looks stylistically similar in it's effect to the Turn-A's chest cannons. They both shoot out a lot of smaller lasers. Even then they're different though, since the G-Self spreads them all around it, while the Turn-A shoots them in an arc in front of it.
>>
strike freedom with seed mode kira would own all of them
>>
>>13560280
No the V3 exists as an SD from some one off G Gen game for the wonderswan. It's basically an advanced V2 AB whose packs are integrated into the body.
>>
File: Msn-04ii.jpg (632 KB, 1158x760) Image search: [Google]
Msn-04ii.jpg
632 KB, 1158x760
Broken enough for you?I personally think it can rape the shit out of both the Turn A and Turn X,really,seeing as the Moonlight Butterfly isn`t a casual weapon and is both hard to pull out and plain impossible to unless both the Turn A and Turn X work together.
>>
>>13562736

> seeing as the Moonlight Butterfly isn't a casual weapon and is both hard to pull out and plain impossible to unless both the Turn A and Turn X work together

I really wish people would actually watch the series before making stupid comments like this. Both the Turn-A and Turn-X use the Moonlight Butterfly independently on more than one occasion. In fact, not only does it get used independently, it gets used casually by Merrybell, Joseph and Gym in both units. It can and is also used to do more than start the process of eating all technology on Earth. Loran uses it as an impromptu beam shield, Gym uses it to break the i-field barrier Harry and his SUMO squad put around the Turn-X, both units display a small version of it several times when flying in the last couple of episodes and yes, Merrybell tests the actual destructive capabilities of it by flying over an entire mountain range and destroying the settlements within it.
>>
>>13562638
https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/tomino-said-g-reco-takes-place-around-500-years-after-turn-a/
>>
Turn A = Turn X > Devil > 00 Qan[T] > Hi-ν >G Self Perfect

inb4 hurr durr wing zero because of muh zero system
>>
>>13558044
>fully-functional Turn X not trumping over everything in the list
>>
>>13562757
I may need to rewatch.Because I don`t remember seeing it used in most of these ways,you described.
>>
>>13562833

You don't even need to re-watch much if that's all you're interested in - just the last 7 or so episodes, from the first time Gym uses the Turn-X forward really. Even just the last 3 episodes is probably enough, because it's at that point that a lot of it happens.

You're not alone though. Tomino doesn't really draw attention dramatically to what his units are doing a lot of the time the way a director like Fukuda does, so you don't get the action stopping so everyone can comment on the latest new or cool thing the Turn-A has done. As such, a lot of it's aspects tend to be forgotten by viewers. And I count myself among them, because I certainly didn't remember a lot of stuff after my first viewing of the show. If you watch it looking for that kind of thing though it is surprising how often it does something that is actually pretty cool.

I think that's why the theory that the Turn-A and Turn-X had incomplete Moonlight Butterfly systems and so on sprang on. People just half remembering stuff and trying to argue from there instead of re-watching it to verify stuff.
>>
>>13562849
I see.I just read the wiki on this desu.And I didn`t really see it in the show after that,for some reason.But,regardless,the Nightingale can still pound a lot of other MS into the ground(space rubble really).On that topic,didn`t you notice how some really broken space MS(Nightingale,Kshatriya) become pretty useless on the ground?
>>
>>13562942

> I just read the wiki on this

The wiki is monopolized by a bunch of retards who'll bear no changes to their precious database regardless of how wrong it is from my understanding. It's a useful place for some purposes, but there's a lot of incorrect information there too and I wouldn't be surprised to see Turn-A is among those with badly informed articles.
>>
>>13562982
Well fuck me up the ass with a spear,then.So,where do I get knowledge of apocrypha?Nightingale still broken as fuck.
>>
File: why.jpg (33 KB, 336x490) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
33 KB, 336x490
>>13562606
>Regild Century is after Correct Century
>>
>>13562681
Most of Turn A/X feats doesn't come in the show, but from the novel and gunpla manuals, as you said. Show Turn A/X weren't showing their full potential and they are NOT the only canon source.

But It's confirmed that the full range of a complete Moonlight Butterfly is from Earth to Jupiter.
>>
File: Gx-9901-dx-cannon.jpg (923 KB, 1451x1842) Image search: [Google]
Gx-9901-dx-cannon.jpg
923 KB, 1451x1842
Has there ever been anything like the satellite cannon after Gundam X?
>>
File: Turn-A's true state.jpg (119 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Turn-A's true state.jpg
119 KB, 1366x768
>>13563531

> they are NOT the only canon source

What other canon source is there? I wouldn't be counting the gunpla manual personally, since those are prone to making up their own bullshit - like the AGE-FX being declared as the most powerful Gundam ever or something, despite just being a generically fast suit with bits.

That said, Gym does indicate that the Turn-X isn't operating at full capacity in the show even after his Moonrace engineers tune it up. I wouldn't be taking any of the Jupiter stuff or teleportation talk as canon though, at least not for this kind of argument, since really, what it does in the show is the best gauge to have in a strongest mobile suit thread.

>>13563564

The 00 Raiser could do a huge beam or sword during trans-am, but I think that's about it.
>>
>>13558028
>strongest MS in Gundamverse
Depends on if you're talking actual canon or not. Actual canon strongest MS is the G-Self, word of god. Non-canon there are probably dozens of Donut Steel gundams that all claim ridiculous superiority over everything in the history of ever.
>>13563531
>Show Turn A/X weren't showing their full potential and they are NOT the only canon source.
lol no. animated = official.
On top of that, the novel you turnfags love to wank to wasn't written by Tomino, and Tomino says the strongest in history is the G-Self.

Oh, btw, the "MLB reached Jupiter" is just an asspull to explain why the Jupiter Empire isn't still there. Even in a giant super robot setting, the necessary volume of nanomachines needed to reach jupiter is absurd.
>>13563564
No, that's the biggest of the big guns. Wing fans will argue that the Twin Buster Rifle is more powerful but more focused, but the on-screen fact of the matter is that TBR took three shots to breach the shields on Barton's complex and left MS standing less than 100m away, while the Satellite Cannon glassed a whole island in one shot.
Oh, and Turnfags will insist that the Turn A's rifle is colony-laser-tier because of that non-canon novel because they refuse to accept anything being stronger than their beloved buttfly.
>>
File: 4646451511464.jpg (408 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4646451511464.jpg
408 KB, 1920x1080
>>13562779

TOMINO
Really this fucking guy I will still Say Turn A is after G Reco
>>
>>13563647

> word of god is G-Self is strongest

I like how you argue that we should take Tomino's word on the fact G-Self is strongest despite doing nothing impressive in animation then dismiss the word of Sunrise and other official personnel (they're hired by Sunrise, therefor official too) when it comes to the Turn-A just because it's not in the animation. Make up your mind dude.

And I say that as someone who doesn't want anything from the novels or gunpla manual regarding Turn-A to be used in claims about it's relative strength. If that means it's not the strongest then so be it. I'm with you completely on that, but your (and I'm pretty sure you're the same anon who regularly complains about this) butthurt about Turn-A discussion is just sad at this point. You're as bad as the people you claim to dislike.
>>
>>13563600
>>13563647
Are you OP?

lel keep on dreaming that Tomino is the one deciding what's canon and what's not, also when did HE say that everything not written by him is not canon? Are you THAT much of a fag?

>What other canon source is there? since those are prone to making up their own bullshit - like the AGE-FX being declared as the most powerful Gundam ever or something, despite just being a generically fast suit with bits.

AGE FX is the strongest suit in the AGE universe, so it's not wrong.

Get over it Turn X/A are the strongest suits.
>>
>>13563668
>Make up your mind dude.
You're overthinking it. The word of the director *is* canon. A novel written based on ideas the director decided *not* to use is not canon. Simple as that.

But just to hammer it in further, there are two ways of looking at it:
1: creator and/or official source statements are canon
2: on-screen feats only

If 1, then Tomino has declared G-Self to be stronger than Turn A.
If 2, then Turn A is clearly outclassed by 00Qan[t], Awakened Unicorn, and G-Self.

So either way you look at it, the Turn units are not the most powerful. They're just good suits carrying a WMD, nothing more.
>>
>>13564064

> The word of the director *is* canon. A novel written based on ideas the director decided *not* to use is not canon

Except you don't get to decide that. Nor does Tomino for that matter, if what you are going by is the "word of god/canon" for what is/isn't strongest or what have you. Sunrise or Bandai are the only ones who get to decide that. Tomino can say something is canon in one of his shows, but they can over-ride him if and as they please because they own the franchise.

On-screen feats are definitely what counts, which is why G-Reco isn't strongest because on screen it's done fuck all impressive. It doesn't matter what Tomino's said, because his word carries as much weight of Sunrise and Bandai and they all have different ideas on various aspects of the franchise. So if you're going by word of god then you end up with several different answers to most questions because each aspect of god disagrees or just plain doesn't consult with the others.

> Turn-A is clearly outclassed by 00Qan[t], Awakened Unicorn and G-Self

Awakened Unicorn I can see an argument for, even perhaps the Qan[t], but G-Self: are you kidding me? The most impressive thing it does is some laser spam to beat the Gaitrash. It's a good suit, but it is not even in close to the same league as the other two you mentioned. And don't give me that bullshit with the photon torpedoes. Bellri clearly had them set to full power given his annoyance with himself afterwards as well as his words and they just barely take out a handful of suits. They're a good crowd weapon, but they're nothing on the level of the Awakened Unicorn, Qan[t] or Turn-A.
>>
>>13564096
>Except you don't get to decide that. Nor does Tomino for that matter
Sure...that's why everyone laughed at Tomino for being wrong about G-Reco happening after Turn-A, right?
>The most impressive thing it does is
Just for clarity, I did not actually like G-Reco. I'm not trying to champion it as best or anything, but that thing is crazy stupid strong. The knock-back from that hit in the G-Self/Elf Bull fight is well over a kilometer. No one in any Gundam ever smacked someone and sent them flying a mile, not even in G.
>>
>>13564096
>Awakened Unicorn, Qan[t] or Turn-A.
One of these things is not like the others.
One of these things does not belong.
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?
>>
>>13564164

> Sure...that's why everyone laughed at Tomino for being wrong about G-Reco happening after Turn-A, right?

As soon as he said it people wondered how long it would be before Bandai or Sunrise would over-ride it in some manner and while it's generally accepted, there are still plenty of people who dislike it or don't actually think it makes sense.

> The knock-back from that hit in the G-Self/Elf Bull fight is well over a kilometer

Strength is only one aspect of power though, and in a mobile suit, not even a terribly important one. That said, several other units have pushed around ships much larger than them without any issue which from a purely strength perspective is just as impressive. I mean, if you're going to make that argument, Nu pushing back Axis makes it the strongest more than likely, because that's way more impressive and the psycoframe is the main reason it could do it.

>>13564178

I can't actually, they're all very impressive suits, if in different ways. Why don't you try coming out and actually giving your argument instead of playing coy and clever?
>>
>>13564096
For the last time, where did Tomino say that his word was the one who counts?

Where did SUNRISE say that Turn A Novels weren't canon?

The right answer is obviously nowhere.

>Turn-A is clearly outclassed by 00Qan[t], Awakened Unicorn and G-Self

>G-Self

Oh god.

All of these machines would turn to dust due to Moonlight Butterfly, the only one who has a slight chance is the Qan[t], just because it can teleport, but Dark History Turn A can teleport as well so...

But I'm sure that this will not convince the canonfags, so let's state a logical fact.

Turn A Gundam is stated to be the end of all Gundams Timelines.

Then CC happened, with all the devolution in technology. But Turn A/X being relics of the past have ALL Timelines the technology (if not better version of it) installed.

If Regild Century comes before CC then you already have your answer.

If Regild Century comes AFTER CC then you have to take into account that G-Self Technology isn't on par with Dark History, because it's trying to regaining what was lost via Dark History AND RG wars, who made Earth a barren land. It's pretty much a Warhammer 40k kind of situation. 25 millenia comes before 41 but in terms of technology 25k technology is superior to 41k.
>>
>>13562814
Why the fuck is Hi Nu on the list? It's shit. Not even the best unit in UC.
>>
>>13564306
There's only one reason Nu or any of its variants would be included: Axis shock psycoframe magic
>>
>>13564343
Which has to do with more than Nu itself. V2, Unicorn and F91 blow it away. That's only talking UC suits. You go into AU and you have tons of suits more deserving than Hi Nu.
>>
>Tomino says G self is strongest, so it's the strongest

So if the director for Gundam Seed came forward and said that the Strike Freedom is the ultimate mobile suit, would you believe him too?

My point is that we can't just take the directors word for it- it makes more sense to compare directly what every suit can do in the shows they appeared in.

No matter how you look at it, the G-self has nothing nearly as broken as galaxy-wide technological destruction, or phasing/cross-galaxy teleportation.

Hell, it doesn't even have an unlimited power source.

The only way I could imagine the G-self being superior to every other suit is if it just plain outspecs them, just like how nothing could stop the Vagans before the invention of the DODS rifle. But after watching G Reco and seeing how the apparent strongest Gundam was nearly beaten by the Kabakali, I can't help but feel underwhelmed.
>>
Depends on how you define strongest.

00 Qan[T] would win if they all faced off. Turn A and Turn X have the most propensity for mass destruction, even if they aren't that good one-on-one. Unicorn is straight-up Newtype hax and can tank colony lasers. G-Self sucked shit.
>>
File: 1385432000720.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1385432000720.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
As far as the present in which the narrative takes place, no Gundam series has ever come close to meeting or surpassing Future Century technology. Correct Century DID have more advanced technology during the Dark History, but most of it is destroyed, lost, or unused for some reason. Future Century is the only timeline to have ever invented artificial gravity. Think about that for a bit.
>>
>>13564613
>Turn X isn't that good one on one
it has a fuckton of guns
>>
>>13565162
G Gundam is a super robot show so it doesn't matter
>>
>>13565362
Compared to the 00 Qan[T], it's no contest.
>>
>>13565162
UC already had Earth gravity in the lunar crater cities.
>>
>>13565443
Which could be chalked up to animators not giving a damn.
>>
>>13565451
Sure. Justify it that way if you need to. It's the same shit, really.
>>
File: frodo.jpg (89 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
89 KB, 400x399
>>13565453
If they have artificial earth gravity on the moon, why do they float in their spaceships and why do they need centrifugal force to simulate gravity on their colonies when they could apparently build G-Gundam style colonies?
>>
>>13565463
The same reason why G Gundam still had people floating in their spaceships.

It's also ostensibly cheaper to have centrifugal gravity than a gravity generator.
>>
Turn A
Turn X

00 Qan[T]
Devil Gundam

God Gundam
Master Gundam

Awakened Unicorn/Banshee

V2 Gundam AB
AoTB Gundam
Wing Zero
00 Raiser
G-Self
>>
>>13559719
Literally Kamen Rider Decade with Gundams
>>
>>13564096
>Sunrise said that they will make Gundam IBO
>Fuck Sunrise. It is not them that can decide what is Gundam and what is not. My professional opinion said that Barbatos is a descendant of Acguy.
This is you.

>Tomino said to Akiman to create the strongest Gundam ever.
>Akiman quoted it on his Twitter account that G-Self is the strongest Gundam ever.
>No, fuck Akiman. They didn't get to de ide what is strong an dwhat is weak. In fact Acguy is the strongest unit ever.
Or this is the better example in case you didn't understand how underage you are.
>>
>>13564536
Akiman already said that there is G-Self Perfect Pack V2 that didn't get to be used in the series. Maybe it is actually that strong.
>>
>>13561945
Full power anti-matter mines are probably rather destructive. MLB probably trumps the G-Self but G-self is overall better spec-wise I imagine.
>>
>>13565885
For those who don't speak toku?
>>
>>13562307
The God is able to jump from South America into space and exit the atmosphere in order to slingshot itself off the laser ring to get to Hong Kong in a matter or minutes. Honestly, it probably could've just jumped to HK with specs like that. I imagine if it full power leapt at another suit with a punch it'd be too much for most suits to deal with.
>>
>>13568888
It couldn't exit the atmosphere without help later in the series.
>>
>>13568917
And yet right after the Shining gives its life for Domon to get into the God and Rain send her brainwaves to Domon so he can pilot it, he jumps clearly out of the planet and slingshots himself to HK.
>>
>>13568933
That isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about Domon trying to get into space after the final battle. He needed the capsule because God couldn't do it alone. The capsule got destroyed by Walter and he had to use Fuunsaki.
>>
>>13568874
I haven't seen any kamen rider but it's pretty much if you took turn A but it incorperated all the systems of previous gundams through different backpacks
>>
>>13568988
But I'm telling you he's clearly capable of it as of episode I think it's 25? Just because it's inconsistent doesn't make it wrong.
>>
>>13569007
Which is contradicted later in the series when he explicitly can't.
>>
>>13563651
Kek. This guy thinks his fanfiction is relevant.
>>
>>13563707
In CC they are the strongest suit but not in the entire Gundam history
>>
>>13564536
Phasing is just used for running away/exploration so your opinion is a moot.
>>
>>13565443
Not in Turn A
>>
File: 1435794068446.png (814 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1435794068446.png
814 KB, 1280x960
>>13563647
>but the on-screen fact of the matter is that TBR took three shots to breach the shields on Barton's complex and left MS standing less than 100m away

The Tallgeese III had more impressive firepower then. It oneshot a colony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk3PY4gO8v4
>>
>>13569063
>but the on-screen fact of the matter is that TBR took three shots to breach the shields on Barton's complex and left MS standing less than 100m away
wait people still don't get TBR wasn't at full power and WZC was damaged all to hell?
>>
>>13563647
No MS were left standing after the TBR fired in EW. They were all wiped out by the blast. The TSC is definitely stronger than the TBR but WZ wasn't shooting at a normal shelter. It was shooting at a nuclear bomb shelter. Aside from the TSC which can't be used in most situations the DX isn't even in the competition for strongest suit.
>>
>>13569074
I understand that, however the discussion was about on-screen performance. Tallgeese III outperformed WZC in terms of on-screen performance with the Meca Cannon vs the TBR.
>>
>>13569188
what about WZC blowing up that piece of libra with the full power shot?
>>
>>13569188
WZ took out a resource satellite and a colony in Wing 24.
>>
>>13562307
One of the problems God has is that almost all of its weapons are caused by the pilot. I mean, let's look at the things inbuilt in God:

>Vulcans
>Machine Cannons
>Two Beam Swords
>God Finger (it can use the last two things in tandem to make a bigger beam saber, but it's not by some incredible amount like SFS was)

It's got great specs, but it has very little AoE and it is fully reliant on the pilot to actually do shit.
>>
>>13558028
Unicorn Gundam with a Realized Newtype at the controls. Purely because of psychowave hacks trumping literally everything else.
>>
>>13559933
Tomino also said that G-Reco takes place after Turn A even though that doesn't make any fucking sense at all. I'd take his word with a grain of salt.

He also can't stop fucking up every Late U.C. Gundam show he's involved with for some reason. This doesn't have any relevance to the conversation, but it just bugs the hell out of me.
>>
>>13569365
That's pretty much all of the G Gundams though, or at least the ones that matter.
>>
>>13562450
Much as I love WZC, and top-tier as it is in its own continuity, it doesn't really measure up when compared to weaponized nanites and quantum teleportation effects.
>>
>>13562814
Too late, see >>13562450
>>
>>13565443
That always bugged me, going to be honest.
>>
There has never been a mobile suit that could escape earths gravity under its own power. After thirty-five years of AUs and time skips, not once has there ever been a mobile suit that just could just fly up and out of the atmosphere and into space without the need for some other ship to carry it.
>>
>>13564188
Not that guy, but Qan[T] isn't even remotely on the level of the G-Self or Awakened Unicorn, let alone the Turn-A. It has some swords, a gun, and can combine the swords into a bigger gun. It can teleport, but not very often and it requires setting up a ring with the bits beforehand, so it's not like it's ideal for dodging attacks. It moves faster and shoots more in Trans-Am, but that still only lasts for three minutes. It's a communication tool much more than it is a weapon, relying mainly on having superb agility to win fights.

Technologically speaking, G-Self demonstrates phenomenal capabilities with the Perfect Pack that suggest it's the most advanced MS purely from a technological standpoint. In a straight fight, though, the Turn-A's features are much more powerful than the G-Self's, it can repair itself, and it's not limited by Photon Batteries for power. Most importantly, there's nothing the G-Self has that could respond to the Moonlight Butterfly.

The only other contender to the throne is Awakened Unicorn, which is effectively a god. Even Turn A doesn't demonstrate the ability to defeat an entire fleet just by literally waving its hand and making it so. In terms of the feats displayed on-screen, while Turn A has the more impressive singular feat of wiping out all technology from Earth to Jupiter in a single stroke, there's no doubt from what Awakened Unicorn does that it's capable of the same feat if it so desired, though it might take longer. In a fight between the two, Unicorn would be capable of shutting down Turn-A before it could activate the Moonlight Butterfly just as easily as anything else.
>>
>>13569666
I could have sworn there was a few Wing and 00 units that could do it.
>>
>>13569688
The Awakened Unicorn could also probably beat any other mobile suit if the pilot decided mind rape was a viable tactic. I mean, shit, the Angel Halo was built on a similar principle. Psychofields be scary whack, yo.
>>
File: Gundam Sentinel -141.jpg (2 MB, 2584x2153) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Sentinel -141.jpg
2 MB, 2584x2153
>>13569666
V2 could with its minovsky drives and the EX-S was specifically stated to have enough fuel to escape the Earth's atmosphere and fly to the Moon.
>>
>>13569666
Couldn't the Zeta Plus C1 Hummingbird?
I'm sure one of the Zeta variants could
>>
>>13569666
Kyrios Gust explicitly can, by extension Harute with the GN Boosters should be able to as well since the boosters were developed from the Gust.
>>
>>13569666
>Speed King
>>
>>13569700
Tallgeese and Wing have, but with the assistance of additional boosters and fuel.
>>
>>13564188
>Nu pushing back Axis
The mobile suit didn't do that. Newtype hax and the flying letter T did that.
>>13564299
>Where did SUNRISE say that Turn A Novels weren't canon?
Only material animated by Sunrise is official. Unofficial material inherently cannot be canon. This isn't a difficult concept.
>>
>>13564536
>if the director for Gundam Seed
There's a subtle difference here. This isn't a case of one director saying his MS is stronger than the other director's. Tomino already had the strongest MS to his credit, and he said that this one is stronger than his previous creation. He's only one-upping himself.
>>
File: 1301723360385.png (335 KB, 744x415) Image search: [Google]
1301723360385.png
335 KB, 744x415
>>13569857
I suppose that technically counts because the aide of another ship was stipulated.

But then again, that means this could count too.
>>
File: Turn-A's Golden Abs.jpg (105 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Turn-A's Golden Abs.jpg
105 KB, 1366x768
>>13568836

Actually, I was saying that ultimately Sunrise is the arbiter of what is and isn't canon. Nice strawman though. And also that a creator doesn't get to decide what is and isn't the strongest regardless of whether it's their work or not, at least for the purposes of discussion threads, since on-screen feats are a more empirical grounds to base such things on and really the only thing that provides any kind of grounds for discussion in the first place. Writer fiat might settle arguments faster, but doesn't actually provide any kind of base to discuss things on.

>>13569688

> Technologically speaking, G-Self demonstrates phenomenal capabilities with the Perfect Pack that suggest it's the most advanced MS purely from a technological standpoint

Such as? About the most impressive things it has are the copy/paste shield, the omni-directional lasers and the photon torpedoes and the Turn-A displays a much more advanced looking shield late in the show given that it manages to spread one so wide without compromising it's quality while it's abdominal cannons look like a directed version of the omni-directional lasers in effect. The photon torpedoes are cool, but they're just an advanced minovsky application and not actually photon based in any way according to fluff released for the show. They're also not nearly as strong as >>13568866 and others believe in my opinion, given that Bellri's comment and actions following their use indicate they were used at full strength and while they'd be good for taking out multiple enemies, not really any beam spam based attack, like it's own omni-directional lasers.

There's also the Turn-X, which can not only absorb the energy of both living and non-living systems by touch (including the energy of an entire city) but can break in to 7 separate parts, all independently controllable with built in weapons for at least the legs and without any need for a newtype pilot. That is far more advanced than the funnels of the perfect pack.
>>
>>13562120
That's kinda like discarding the G-Self's backpacks because they're not inbuilt specs. Except the whole mobile suit was built around the nuclear launcher. So yeah, given another generation in that line of research and I'm sure they would have a version that doesn't lock up after being caught in the blast.
>>
>>13564613

> Unicorn is straight-up Newtype hax and can tank colony lasers

Not really. Even with two Unicorn type suits working together they barely stopped the colony laser and it's heavily suggested the main reason even that was achievable is because Marida's newtype ghost was there to help them. She appears to Banagher as it's happening after all. I mean take a look at it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6qNmzmThLQ

And yea, I apologize for linking such a shitty video, but it's the only one on Youtube that I can find. Anyways, the laser is threatening to get through the final shield despite Riddhe taking control of the psycoframe like Banagher and then the Unicorn start's crystallazing and Banagher looks confused for a second before Marida appears to him and starts talking about how reality and time are an illusion and miracles can happen and so on. It's almost certainly her that's responsible for the major part of it, not Banagher or even the Unicorn itself.
>>
>>13570331

In that case the Mebius from SEED is stronger, since it can launch a nuke without needing huge shields. And most of the EA's mass produced suits like the Dagger and Windam could mount two nuclear missiles if I recall. Even some Zakus could early in the war one week war I think. And Turn-A can stock 4 of them in it's chest silo, even if it doesn't normally have them. There's probably other instances too.
>>
>>13569876

> The mobile suit didn't do that. Newtype hax and the flying letter T did that.

There's more psycoframe material in each suit than in the flying letter T (they just fashioned the remaining material after making the psycoframe cockpit in to the T) and the suits with their psycoframe material is what amplified and allowed the newtype hax to occur in the first place, including passively collecting the will of all humanity (despite the fact much of humanity had no idea it was in danger and needed to hope for a miracle) from thousands of miles away. If Amuro hadn't been in the Nu that miracle wouldn't have happened, so it really something you can attribute to the suit.
>>
>>13559741
You don't even mention what game you're referring to.

TGII is bullshit in there anyways.
>>
>>13570469
Brother there is literally only one game that has OP pic related
>>
>>13570472
Shit, I thought that was Strike Freedom. Fuck it, when's Maxi Boost gonna leave Asia so I can play that?
>>
>>13570353

Use this instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ONmz4XhyDo
>>
>>13564299
>If Regild Century comes AFTER CC then you have to take into account that G-Self Technology isn't on par with Dark History
Funny, because G-Self/Lucifer attained the tech of MLB. There is no reason for them to become dissolved by MLB.
>>
>>13570498

G-Self never shows any moonlight butterfly tech anon, what are you on about? It's also never suggested that having said tech makes you immune to it as a weapon. It is what ultimately defeats both units after all, with each Turn unit assimilating the other using their nanites.
>>
>>13570519
He probably meant for G-Lucifer. It is mentioned by Tomino in the interview from
Yoru no G-Reko Kenkyuukai ~Tomino Yoshiyuki-hen~ August 27, 2015, Gundam Channel smartphone app.
>>
>>13570588

We'll he did mention the Lucifer by name so I'm sure he meant that too, he just seemed to mean both so I'm pointing out that while the G-Lucifer shows it, the G-Self doesn't, at least to my recollection.
>>
>>13563651
I wish there were more people like you who would just make their own view on the matter and not care either way, instead of getting angry to the point of insults because of a cartoon.
>>
>>13570330
>>13569688 here, apologies. I meant more that G-Self Perfect is the most feature-packed MS. Omnidirectional lasers, copypaste shield, funnels, energy missiles, superstrength, cannons, whatever other shit I forget, it has basically every possible method of fighting in conventional combat. But while the G-Self has more features, the Turn A has BETTER features. It doesn't need all that shit because its beam rifle hits like a colony laser and its Moonlight Butterfly lets it do just about anything it needs to, or just lets it skip conventional combat altogether if collateral damage isn't a concern. Like Awakened Unicorn, Turn A is at the top of all MS because all the weapons in the world can't help you if it decides to just skip the battle and unmake you.
>>
>>13569365
Isn't the Shining Finger/God Finger not explicitly part of the suit? Didn't Domon teach Allenby to do it in the Nobel?
>>
>>13570330
Didn't Bellri state the photon torpedoes were <30% power?
>>
File: 20100625.jpg (805 KB, 1446x1050) Image search: [Google]
20100625.jpg
805 KB, 1446x1050
Ideon.
>>
>>13573324
Anon, that's Gigantis
>>
>>13558074
>gunpla manual
>canon
>>
File: ahahahahaha.jpg (39 KB, 519x450) Image search: [Google]
ahahahahaha.jpg
39 KB, 519x450
>>13564299
>Turn A Gundam is stated to be the end of all Gundams Timelines.
>>
>>13565162
>Future Century is the only timeline to have ever invented artificial gravity.
You fucking retarded!? Most of the colonies within the Gundam franchise had artificial gravity within their colonies.
>>
>>13569910
Holy shit, is that an animated Crossbone Gundam?
>>
>>13573499
>Centifugal force
>Artificial gravity
Hurr
>>
>>13569110
Not to mention the fact that X is just a mediocre mobile suit without its Satellite Cannon.
>>
File: Gundam_X_Flash_System.jpg (684 KB, 3033x2144) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_X_Flash_System.jpg
684 KB, 3033x2144
>>13573510
It's incredibly powerful in its original specification, with the flash system and an army of bit mobile suits each armed with a satellite cannon. The DX can't really compare to it in its peak.
>>
>>13563651
>The world is square because I say so.

>>13571129
If only all of that is canon. Turn A only edges against G-Self is its nuclear weaponry and MLB.
>>
>>13558112
The thing with ELS Qan[T] is that literally no one knows what it is capable of besides Quantum Teleportation.
>>
File: The Heart of the Flower - yoyo.jpg (2 MB, 1417x1761) Image search: [Google]
The Heart of the Flower - yoyo.jpg
2 MB, 1417x1761
>>13573684
Given the nature of ELS, and the bit at the end of the movie, we can safely guess that it can transform parts of its body on the fly.
AKA Nanomachines Son
>>
>People still argue with the "NUH UH ONLY STUFF ANIMATED COUNTS" fag

Well then, I guess the Crossbone units and most of the Astray frames are non-canon.

As are Hi Nu Gundam, Nightingale, anything from Gundam Sentinel or Hathaway's Flash, those Gundam 00 side manga, etc.
>>
>>13573730
>Gundam 00 side manga
From what I've heard of the character, I'd prefer that Fon Spaak be considered non-canon.
>>
File: g3-saviour-ground.jpg (45 KB, 298x400) Image search: [Google]
g3-saviour-ground.jpg
45 KB, 298x400
G3 saviour would wreck all these shitty gundams like if it was nothing.
>>
>>13569365
so all that means is the king of hearts could pretty much wreck nearly all the MC gundams with their main pilots. you can talk up how great and powerful gself or turn a are but in the respective series they would have lost to Domon or Heero in WZC
>>
>>13569666
burning gundam boosts out of the atmosphere, hits the beam rings belts around earth and slingshots back into earth to get to neo hong kong faster, also survives re-entry like nothing.
>>
>>13573730
>Crossbone units and most of the Astray frames are non-canon.
Congrats on finally realizing the truth. They are about as canon as Gundam 00F and its variants.
>>
>>13573760
But he needed the flower carrier/Fuunsaki to get into space to fight the Devil Gundam/Rain combo.
>>
File: portrait00217.png (22 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
portrait00217.png
22 KB, 256x256
>>13569666
Une did it in the Wing in order to save Trieze from the Libra's main cannon.
>>
>>13569110
>No MS were left standing after the TBR fired in EW
Uh...Mr President...that's not...entirely accurate.
>>
>>13573608
>Turn A only edges against G-Self is its nuclear weaponry and MLB.
And a cow. No other MS have ever been shown to be able to equip a cow OR do laundry.
Clearly Turn A is bestest, clearly.
>>
>>13573746

That shit looks like it's falling apart.

Are the Federation in G-Savior with no money left?
>>
> G-Self's "photon shield" covers entire surface of the mobile suit.
> Chest Beam
> V-Fin Beam
> Whole body Beam (or you can say afterimage)
> Omnidirectional Laser

G-Self confirmed Super Robot, unfortunately, lack of power source.
>>
>>13575542
Did you not see those fly onto the screen? They weren't there initially. They came after the shot and were blown up by the next one without even being hit.
>>
>>13573257

Pretty much all of any mobile fighter's best attacks (bar gunfu users like Gentle Chapman) are something the fighter inside is simply channeling through the suit and not innately part of the suit from my understanding. It's pretty unique in that sense, since the suit just exists to amplify the fighter's power, not to enhance his combat options as it were.

>>13573268

No. He says he's going to test them out and then fires them off. There's some shots of Aida and others talking and then it cuts back to Bellri saying that he could have sworn they weren't set at full power as he pulls his helmet off and that's it. The wording suggests to me that they were actually at full power, but other people disagree. He never gives an exact percentage unless the subs are wrong though.

>>13573446

A lot of the chat in the thread is just going off stuff in the show and not the gunpla manuals. It's still a very powerful unit in show if you look at the things it does.

>>13573608

The Turn-A in show has better beam shields, better power source, more advanced movement systems and at least a comparable set of cannons to what the G-Self has, even with the perfect pack. About the only thing the perfect pack has over it really is the photon missiles. Oddly enough the most advanced technology in G-Reco isn't in any of the mobile suits, it's the water balls - which are basically a complete break from our current understanding of physics, since at the moment there's really no way to properly compress liquids or even vague theories about how it could be done.

I wouldn't count the nukes among the Turn-A's arsenal though personally, since Loran would never voluntarily equip them and they weren't really part of it's load-out normally in show. The Moonrace presumably would happily provide normal missiles though.
>>
>>13575862

>>13573684

I would assume it was at least capable of doing anything the 00 Raiser was personally, since there's no point in upgrading otherwise and the Qan[t] is supposed to be a proper version of the 00 without the need for a Raiser add on.

>>13573755

This isn't a "best pilots" thread anon. And while there's a good chance Domon would beat the Turn-A in the God Gundam he probably has a better chance on foot since he's still absurdly powerful even on his own and the nanomachines can't effect living cells removing one of the unit's greatest strengths as a factor entirely. Heero has no chance in the Wing Zero or Custom though. It doesn't matter how fast he is, an area of effect attack like the moonlight butterfly doesn't leave gaps to exploit and the Turn-A isn't slow enough to be hit by the twin buster rifle.

>>13575554

It also doubled as a bridge to replace a missing section in another episode.

>>13575795

Did the whole body beam damage any suits when it was fired off actually? I can't recall off hand and I'm just curious whether it was an actual beam (my assumption) and thus able to cut stuff or just kind of a shadow attack more for surprise.
>>
>>13575885
>Did the whole body beam damage any suits when it was fired off actually?
Omnidirectional Laser is come from G-Self surface area, maybe there is a button or slider to control how much damage that will be done.
>>
>>13575907

I meant the beam it fires off in the shape of the G-Self itself. It fires it off while still on Earth if I recall, in the first ten episodes.
>>
>>13575914
What's shown in the episode seems to be a feint only. It used twice I think, when G-Self use Tricky Pack and when facing Barara on space.

But I assume that it sheds from Photon Shield, just like other attacks mentioned, so its damage power can adjusted by the pilot, maybe.
>>
>>13562434

>Based off of tech from the Turn X which was found drifting into our solar system, may have itself been a fucking mook mecha and when recovered looked as it it had its clock WELL rung by...SOMETHING far more powerful than itself.

Will we ever find out what?
>>
>>13573324

/thread

This is what kicked the Newtypes that left Sol's system with the army of X's they built.
>>
File: Ideon.jpg (912 KB, 914x1280) Image search: [Google]
Ideon.jpg
912 KB, 914x1280
>>13577001
You know exactly what it was.
>>
>>13575795
Doesn't it also use a tractor beam or something to paralyse one suit for a short amount of time?
>>
>>13577016
All hail the universe ending GM Gundam.
>>
>>13577591
Tractor beam come from its backpack. Not from G-Self itself.
>>
>>13581024
Ah my bad. I didn't realise anon was only listing things the suit has naturally.
>>
>>13562590

it's like you're being a dipshit on purpose.
>>
>>13575795
I heard the power source is Photon Energy, the same one that Mazinger used.
>>
>>13581409
Except that G-Self lacks the ability to regenerate its own energy and requires external factors to do so.
>>
File: Turn-A is pretty tough.jpg (167 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Turn-A is pretty tough.jpg
167 KB, 1366x768
I know that the Turn-A is usually held to be quite a slow and fragile machine, at least in the anime and I'd like to talk about that for a second.

First, it's fragility: during episode 45 of the anime Gym attacks the Turn-A using what is called the "Bloody Siege" - where it breaks apart in to it's various parts and fires a blast from each of them at an opponent. This traps the Turn-A, but more importantly about 30 or 40 separate beam attacks are fired off at the Turn-A during this scene, none of which leave even a scratch on the suit. We're talking Gundam Wing levels of plot armor and damage soaking here. For reference, Gym uses the same attack on both Poe and Harry in their SUMOs in episode 49, only hitting them each once for a few seconds sustained fire (instead of multiple blasts over a longer period), but it leaves both units seemingly unresponsive (since both fall to the ground immediately after and aren't moved again) and both pilots very weak sounding.

The suit doesn't even stop responding, since Loran still is able to move it even by the end after repeated attacks. When Gym grabs the head with the shining finger hand and starts squeezing though he panics and jettisons the core fighter since he presumably cannot see a way to escape that hail of fire using the entire suit. This by the way could be noted as a weakness of Loran: that he has panicked during particularly unexpected and brutal attacks.

The unit also takes several missiles to the torso at another point in the show. All of which stands rather at odds with Harry being able to damage the head with a simple punch. I suppose it's possible he uses some kind of i-field barrier on the SUMO's fist before doing it, but nothing indicates that. It's just an oddly weak moment for the suit given how much punishment it can take outside that specific episode.
>>
File: Turn-Acceleration (TV).jpg (115 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Turn-Acceleration (TV).jpg
115 KB, 1366x768
>>13586380

About the only real explanation I can come up with is that the unit was weak following several centuries or millenia of hibernation and the armor had become thin during that time, with the punch to the head resetting it's systems and causing it to repair not just the head, but the entire rest of the unit over the following episodes too. That's pure fanwank though too, and there's nothing in the show to corroborate it that I can recall.

As such, the best way to explain is perhaps by saying that the Turn-A has an Achilles head.

As to it's speed, during episode 48 Joseph flies past Sweatson Sutero using the Moonlight Butterflies' wings, but does so so fast that the unit itself is never on screen. Even when pausing the action and going frame by frame through proceedings the unit is never actually drawn, only the Moonlight Butterfly trail it leaves behind in it's wake. Even that is on screen for only 8 frames, one third of a second of the show. Of which, only 2 frames are actually the unit itself passing, the other 6 frames of which is it's long wake fading in to the side of the scene. Pic related is the first frame of it's passage, where you'll see the unit is invisible it's going so fast.

The Turn-A and Turn-X both fly what seems to be at least a few miles in a second or so during the final scene of the same episode too.

Now, I don't know how fast that is relative to other units and I imagine the Wing at least has to be faster still given the scene of Lady Une bailing out of hospital and taking the Wing to space to save Trieze during the last few episodes of Wing (it had a booster I think, but still) - I'm just pointing out that the Turn-A isn't actually that slow as I've occasionally seen it called by other posters.
>>
File: Turn-A's huge chest.jpg (211 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Turn-A's huge chest.jpg
211 KB, 1366x768
>>13586418

Also of note: the Turn-A didn't come out of the statue with it's two abdominal cannons. It originally had some more missile racks in their slot in the chest, which it uses in defense of the Willgame. Apparently Gym switched them out for a pair of beam cannons when his technicians were tuning up the suit. Beam cannons that appear to be more effective than the Turn-X's own ones given that one shot from the Turn-A's beam cannons destroyed the Turn-X's backpack where dozens of shots from the Turn-X's limbs left no damage on the Turn-A.
>>
>>13586380
I think the beams used by the Turn X in that way are much weaker than say the turn a beam rifle.
>>
>>13586545

They're strong enough to disable a SUMO in one hit, so I think they're plenty strong. The SUMO's aren't even bothered by the Kapools or Zakus during the show for instance. Both units pour sustained fire at them with no effect.
>>
File: RB-79F.jpg (12 KB, 279x292) Image search: [Google]
RB-79F.jpg
12 KB, 279x292
>>135580
>>
>>13575606
In V they are barely managing themselves let alone creating a High-Speed Ultra Maneuverability Mobile Suit
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.