[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You see this shit? This is how bad Athrun fucked up. He could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
You see this shit? This is how bad Athrun fucked up.

He could have been THE LEGEND. "The man, the myth, the legend...Alex Dino". But no, he had to show his ass in front of Gil instead of accepting this beast of an MS and then doing whatever he wanted with it later. Then the final battle would have been Strike Freedom vs ZAKU, Legend vs Destiny.
Fucking Athrun, man....what a fuck-up.
>>
Autism aside, something about this picture pisses me off immensely.
>>
>>13556917
probably the nubs.
i should have posted this one instead
>>
It's the nubs.
>>
Legend wasn't remotely suited to Athrun's melee-fast piloting style.

Also not pink enough.
>>
>>13556911
>But no, he had to show his ass in front of Gil instead of accepting this beast of an MS and then doing whatever he wanted with it later.
Is Legend a better unit than Infinite Justice? Going by specs, IJ has a lot more versatility.

>Then the final battle would have been Strike Freedom vs ZAKU
Come on, man. Rey jobbed enough in Legend against Strike Freedom. You want to make FLAWLESS VICTORY even more one-sided?
>>
>>13556911
>Strike Freedom vs ZAKU
Pffthahaha. Kira won't even know that he blasted Rau's successor.
>>
More importantly, he could have ran away with the Legend instead, depriving ZAFT of a powerful mobile suit.
OR if he knew that he had to bail right then and there, he could have pretended to be happy and then bail instead of revealing he thought ZAFT was full of shit right to Gilbert's face, who could have just had him executed on the very spot for talking shit. It's not like he couldn't just reveal that Athrun was caught talking with the Archangel!

But the fact of the matter is that this entire sequence is being written by meta-knowledge, so Athrun HAS to escape, but he HAS to get shot down so he can get dragged to the Archangel, and it doesn't matter how it happens or if it makes any sense or not, just that it has to happen.

So yes, even though there was the chance that the much more powerful Destiny and Legend Gundams could have just captured the GOUF, find out what he knows and execute him, or something, he has to be shot down on the spot. This is so those guys from the archangel or terminal or whatever just so happened to be watching the battle could come, and they knew that they had to rescue whoever was inside the GOUF, despite not knowing anything about that's going on inside of ZAFT at the time.

People keep saying that Kira should have died on episode 34, but they're wrong. The character that died in that explosion was Shinn. From that point on, he never asks questions and seldom does anything independently, everything has to come from Rey
Even though family is probably one of the most important things to Shinn, he will take down Meryin along with Athrun, instead of trying to get an explanation. Hey, Rey's telling him to do it, so he'll do it!

Oh, let's not forget that Lunamaria had been out of battling for so goddamn long, that we have to have scenes where Shinn has to tell her how to do aerial combat, I guess.

This show is a mess.
>>
>>13556925
Was Assram's piloting ever melee until the end of Destiny? It's been a while, but I don't recall the Justice engaging in spectacular close quarters combat, the Savior certainly didn't, and the one moment where the Aegis shined as a melee suit was when he finally tried to kill Kira. For over half the show, he basically sticks to keep-away and some half-assed shots.
>>
>>13559207
The idea of Athrun as some melee god only came up as an idea because Freedom shoots, so Justice MUST do melee really good!

If you look at their weapons, Justice has more guns than Freedom does. But if you subtract the weapons that don't really matter, Justice has beam boomerangs while Freedom has railguns. So they put that idea in the series around the sequel
>>
>>13559270
It's actually quite ironic since Kira goes out of his way to cut down enemy mechs with beam sabers while Athrun doesn't.
>>
File: 20120817171106-58740.jpg (29 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
20120817171106-58740.jpg
29 KB, 400x225
>>13559207
>It's been a while, but I don't recall the Justice engaging in spectacular close quarters combat
It did though. Justice probably spent most of its time with the dual saber out and repeatedly destroyed the EA trio's weapons in melee. SEED just didn't have so much flashy fuck chuuni anime ninja sword fighting and samurai melee duels like newer series.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21371849
>>
>>13559770
>SEED just didn't have so much flashy fuck chuuni anime ninja sword fighting and samurai melee duels like newer series.
I disagree, Kira literally stole a move from Rurouni Kenshin when he dismantled the Savior.
>>
>>13559788
Destiny is a series that comes after SEED you retarded cock gurgling tripshit.
>>
>>13559798
still, most of the Freedom's melee shots are of that nature. Just cutting them down like nothing. Especially with how the Freedom draws its swords and how they're mounted. It actually draws its sword like a sheathed katana
>>
>>13559207

Justice didn't really do anything flashy with Melee (or flashy anything really. Athrun didn't even get a final battle in Seed) but it did use the saber and boomerang more than it used it's rifle and cannons.
>>
Athrun's not a Newtype, can't use it properly. Besides that, Infinite Justice is supposed to be higher spec anyways.
>>
>>13559837
>still, most of the Freedom's melee shots are of that nature. Just cutting them down like nothing.
Considering SEED's shonen anime feel to it, it doesn't surprise me.

>Especially with how the Freedom draws its swords and how they're mounted. It actually draws its sword like a sheathed katana
Exactly. Mobile suits in general usually carry the beam sabers on the back, or on the wrists. Freedom has them on the sides.
>>
>>13559770
>>13559341
>>13560039
All this talk about beam sabers made me realize something. I might be wrong, but it seems that Barbatos is the first protagonist Gundam, in the 35 years of franchise, that doesn't have beam sabers at all. Each and every one of them has had it (including units that don't really need them, like Exia).
>>
>>13556911
>nubs everywhere

triggered.jpg
>>
>>13559770
>Justice probably spent most of its time with the dual saber out and repeatedly destroyed the EA trio's weapons in melee.
No, it didn't.
He did more damage with the beam boomerangs and shield than he did with the beam sabers to those three.

It took them tag-teaming Calamity to take one of them out.
>>
>>13560537
it'll get one. probably hidden.
>>
File: 1448415405968.jpg (97 KB, 814x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448415405968.jpg
97 KB, 814x1000
>>13556921
Or this one...
>>
File: 1281295154638.jpg (168 KB, 766x1024) Image search: [Google]
1281295154638.jpg
168 KB, 766x1024
>>13560574
Or this!
>>
>>13560537
>>13560547
>Barbatos gets a new mace
>launching spike has been replaced with a beam
>>
>>13560537
More like IBO is the first Gundam in all 35 years that doesn't have any beam-based melee weapons. So far, anyways. It's not even just that the weapons are physical, but that they don't even vibrate or heat up in any way. Maintenance on those weapons must be absolute hell.

>>13560501
>Mobile suits in general usually carry the beam sabers on the back, or on the wrists. Freedom has them on the sides.

There are a few with skirt-mounted sabers. The Zeta is a good example, God and Shining come to mind but they're Samurai inspired... I feel like there are others? Regardless, point is that it had been done before Seed.
>>
>>13560626
>So far, anyways. It's not even just that the weapons are physical, but that they don't even vibrate or heat up in any way. Maintenance on those weapons must be absolute hell.
Mace is fine since it's just for blunt force only. I imagine the sword's maintenance would be costly, though.
>>
>>13560638
The swords, the axes, and even the lances. Could you imagine if the thing ever fractured or split anywhere? Or if the mace or hammer (thinking Gusion here) had the shaft buckle? Reattaching massive solid metal or laminate pieces just sounds so incredibly laborious. And the sword, Kimaris' sword folds. It's naturally compromised by design.

Fuck it, I'mma not think about this any more.
>>
Legend was actually a cool redesign of Providence. It improved on it in every way. I don't like the knuckle mounted beam shields on it or Destiny though.
>>
>>13560574
So, those top dragoons, why they different from the others?
>>
>>13560678
They can grow beam spikes for penetrating beam shields and stabbing shit.
>>
>>13560045
Shouldn't be a problem, considering Gil was going to give it to Athrun to begin with. Also considering that there were only three newtypes in the world before Kira learned to newtype, and two of them are dead, it doesn't make sense for ZAFT to have built an ms that only newtypes can use. Since there's no minovsky they're probably just remote controlled.
>>
>>13560736
Chances are that they overcame the newtype issue. While the added spatial awareness would definitely help, the Dragoons could operate on the same kind of independent AI that the Fatum backpack supposedly had.
>>
>>13560781
Legend's DRAGOON System is an enhanced version of that used by the ZGMF-X24S Chaos Gundam, which can be used by ordinary pilots due to the use of an improved quantum communication system among other modifications, and is now enhanced with easier controls.
>>
>>13560799
The fuck is a quantum communication system and how is it help in controlling funnels
>>
>>13560829
Dunno, I just copy and pasted the info from wiki.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/ZGMF-X666S_Legend_Gundam
>>
>>13560829
>The fuck is a quantum communication system
A system for controlling fannels.
>how is it help in controlling funnels
quantum communication
>>
>>13560829
DRAGOONs use quantum entanglement for communication to get around the radio interference properties of N-Jammers. CE tech is ludicrously advanced in certain fields, particle physics is one of them. They can produce antimatter on demand for the Archangel and Minerva's main guns, and produce quantum entanglement systems for DRAGOONs, but they can't build a fusion reactor or antimatter reactor to get around N-Jammers because reasons.
>>
File: bestest.jpg (36 KB, 272x400) Image search: [Google]
bestest.jpg
36 KB, 272x400
>>13560838
Thanks for being honest

>>13560841
Go away

>>13560849
Okay, so it helps to send signals from the suit the each funnels. And then suddenly normal people without "high spatial awareness" can control funnels ? How ? I mean in UC newtypes directly control funnels with their thoughts via psychic brain wave. How do people in Seed control their funnels ? Do they just click the target and the AI automatically adjust the position of each to funnel attack said target ?

But you know what, I'll stop asking question because technology in CE is poorly explained and inconsistent .
Nix Providence is best Providence by the way.
>>
>>13560933
They have to input the xyz coordinates of where they want each DRAGOON to go and where it should aim at. Newtypes can do this much more easily than non-Newtypes. The Atlantic Federation once built a DRAGOON-using mobile armor that had three pilots, one to handle inputs for each dimension of space. By the time of the Chaos, they were able to build AIs good enough that they could handle most of the controls about where to position each DRAGOON and the pilot mostly just had to tell them the general area of where to go.
>>
>>13560933
God i'd almost forgot how bad that librarian shit was.

Only good thing to come out of it was more Puru.
>>
>>13560654
>How to run a business with no money . pdf
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.