[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /m/ Now that I'm done dicking around with Gundam 00,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
Hey /m/

Now that I'm done dicking around with Gundam 00, I kinda want to go back and watch the original Gundam series as I have never seen it... or anything UC related.

Question is, what should I watch? The original series from the 79 or the compilation movies?
>>
File: gundam quality.jpg (37 KB, 639x478) Image search: [Google]
gundam quality.jpg
37 KB, 639x478
Watch the episodes. The compilation movies are kinda screwy.

Do not be upset by QUALITY. Enjoy QUALITY for what it is.
>>
File: both.jpg (42 KB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
both.jpg
42 KB, 480x336
The series has better character development but the movies has better pacing and animation (especially the third one).
>>
Series then movies later.
>>
Watch the fucking series. People who talk shit about the series and "filler" are idiots who couldn't pick up on the fact that there's actually a fair amount of nuance to the writing, characterization, and world building.
>>
Watch the series, movies are fine to watch after if you want but they aren't a good substitute for the TV series.
>>
File: Gundam watchlist.jpg (2 MB, 2800x3000) Image search: [Google]
Gundam watchlist.jpg
2 MB, 2800x3000
Watch the series.
Obligatory list.
>>
>>13555428

Movies. Always.
>>
I'm watching it now for the first time as well and I don't mind the QUALITY.
>>
>>13556483
>and world building.
I think this is the biggest part, the compilation movies work fine as a recap but most people either start with the series or never watch it so they don't pick up on how much information there is.

You see people post on /m/ ignoring a lot of the stuff stated in 0079 all the god damn time.
>>
File: 1443147952466.png (77 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1443147952466.png
77 KB, 250x250
>>13555428
0079 (TV) -> Zeta (TV) -> ZZ -> CCA
Wait six months or so. Watch other UC series, movies and OVAs in the meantime. All in production order, of course.
0079 (movies) -> ANT
>>
what is the best 720p quality release for the original

i can't torrent for the time being as well
>>
>>13560289
If it is gundam, the answer is always encodergasm/rx782
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.