[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So while poking around Turn-A episodes the other day I spotted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Turn-A has an AT-Field.jpg (1 MB, 1366x7680) Image search: [Google]
Turn-A has an AT-Field.jpg
1 MB, 1366x7680
So while poking around Turn-A episodes the other day I spotted this which I think is an interesting thing I've never seen anyone mention about CC suits. Going by what Harry says the SUMOs and possibly any Moonrace suit capable of using their barrier technology work partially off the stamina of the pilot in the unit. The Turn-A is implied to work this way too, though Loran himself doesn't really seem to know what he did.

I had always assumed those missiles were being eaten by the Moonlight Butterfly given the curtain of light effect going on, but Harry seems to think it's a separate barrier system. Then again, a similar effect is seen at a few other points, including when Gym breaks Harry and the SUMO teams combined barriers and he specifically mentions that he's using the Moonlight Butterfly at the time to do that. When he does so a huge curtain of light spreads across the entire battlefield and is shown to cover what looks like at least a few miles. It doesn't eat any technology, just covers that area and presumably stops any attacks directed at it within that area.

So it would appear there are multiple "levels" (to pick a somewhat appropriate word) to the system, with one being both a barrier and a barrier breaker. Harry's words seem to indicate he thinks this particular function off the pilot's stamina regardless, but he could be wrong. Still, if that does then there would be a theoretical limit to the nanomachines at least in that one function - whatever about when eating technology. Maybe that particular level of functionality doesn't require pilot energy to work, or maybe the pilot in the past stayed awake or alive long enough to cover the Earth.

Anyways, thought it was something some anons might find worth discussing.
>>
It occurs to me that it could be why the Turn-A cockpit leaves those marks on the pilot's back: they could be the point through which the system synchronizes and forms symbiosis with the pilot.
>>
>>13555128
Pretty sure that barrier is just an incomplete MLB. The only barrier I recall the SUMOs using is the I-field/stasis beam from the handheld generator.
>>
>>13555326

That is the only one the SUMO has but Harry states outright that using the barrier at the end of the previous episode left him physically drained and that he was just barely standing for the one remaining scene he has in the episode (where he flirts with Kihel) after which he collapsed. Which is why he's in the infirmary in the pictured scene in the first place.

It doesn't look the barrier is an incomplete moonlight butterfly so much as just an alternative (and safer) way to use it's component systems.
>>
>>13555355
I guess this is where Turn A's EN drain ability in SRWZ3-2 came from, then?
>>
>>13555355
Maybe it's just using its i-field beam drive system to produce an absolutely massive i-field instead of just using it to move joints and for propulsion.
>>
>>13555128
Whatever, Harry's fabulous pajamas are more important.
>>
Basically some crystal Unicorn level shit.

But the real important thing here is this>>13555642
>>
File: 1418774643757.jpg (130 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1418774643757.jpg
130 KB, 960x720
>>13555642
>Harry's fabulous pajamas are more important.
Imagine his underwear

Truly the king of stylin'.
>>
>>13555297
It leaves those marks because Loran piloted it naked, Look at the back of his pilot suit
>>
>>13555128
Which release is this?
>>
>>13555642
Yea, Harry has some fantastic pajamas.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.