[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what this means? HG Zaku RD-4 coming soon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: y1h8iibs.gif (2 MB, 293x400) Image search: [Google]
y1h8iibs.gif
2 MB, 293x400
You know what this means? HG Zaku RD-4 coming soon.
>>
>>13553422
I am completely okay with this.
>>
File: Untitled.png (602 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
602 KB, 800x600
>>13553422
Yeah the way the chart changed them up, I think that was first, then the one from origin and then the traditional dom prototype. I thought the one in op pic was the rick dom fitting test unit personally.
>>
>>13554109
It makes no sense though. We go from fully functional Rick Dom legs to proto-dom legs now.
>>
>>13554161

That's because MSD's maybe-retcons are retarded.
>>
>>13554161
The thing is in the original form it went gouf for earth combat, then dom, then rick dom but this way it has it either at same time or rick dom first.
>>
File: 04.png (601 KB, 960x1088) Image search: [Google]
04.png
601 KB, 960x1088
>>13554109
Made a quick edit to the chart using the Zeonography (Katoki) Dom Prototype.

The oddest thing about this new model is the YMS-08 code, which belongs to the Efreet.
>>
>>13554451
well we do know the gouf was the base unit used to modify and tune so they might make origin or gap filling hgucs down the road or just say hey these are the units in order.
>>
File: 1338577658793.jpg (30 KB, 567x490) Image search: [Google]
1338577658793.jpg
30 KB, 567x490
It means Bandai fucked up everything beyond all reasonable incompetence.

>Zaku RD4
>Zaku RICK DOM 4
>flying around a couple weeks after the Dom is in mass production but early enough for space converted Doms not to be ready
>literally has production Dom legs with rockets stuck in them which are clearly more developed than any pre-Dom variant that existed until now
>oh lol it's the prototype for the prototype for the prototype of the Dom
>>
>>13554909

08th MS Team in a nutshell.
>>
The idea of MSD is that its the EF looking through old MS degign documents of things that only existed on paper or only got a basic prototype.

Plus the whole alt universe thing of Origin.
>>
>>13554943
But it worked in 08th. Some other things were iffy but the RD4 was perfectly justified until now.
>>
>>13554994
this, almost all details from 08th claimed that this was testing the rick dom space rockets as they considered the doms on earth a success.
>>
>>13554909
yea getting real tired of this proto-prototype shit.

As if all the GM variants and Zeon model numbers is still not enough to clog up the OYW timeline
>>
Zeon MS design philosophy: We need something new. Lets create ten different production lines with no compatibility at all.

Federation MS design philosophy: We have one base MS. Lets make 20 variants when we have barely field-tested the thing yet.
>>
Was there a release date for the HG prototype dom and zaku?
>>
>>13555666
Feddies were more like we need to get our own mobile suit program going make some prototypes. Prototypes super expensive only ace pilots will get production models if lucky. Bunch of spare gundam parts left over on earth while Amuros unit along with guncannon and tank were on side 7 for further testing so lets slap something together birthing ground gundam. They decide in order to get suits for all pilots then need to further streamline the suits so more spare parts go into ground gms for testing on earth. A new unit with the gundams learning system was made for space testing the gm early type. Both still cost to much so they combined their efforts and birthed the original Gm. The E type frame would later be reused and refined for type c, striker, later gm sniper custom units (katoki design) and so on. While the normal gm went on to have special units similar to the zaku 2, snipers, desert etc.

From what my head cannon put together they originally used normal gm frame for sniper custom, then when type c frame rolled out they used those modifications on the type c frame as well. From what I gather and why I put it together like that is how the gm sniper 2 custom came to be. They wanted a less expensive sniper custom unit, with just the modifications on standard gm I doubt it would be more expensive then the frame the sniper 2 created. Yet the type c frame and their variants are far more expensive then sniper 2, command units, etc.

So basically, prototype, spare parts, this shits to expensive, this is ok but still to expensive. This will do vary modular, dom introduced well shit. Gm cold climate made to help combat faster dom. Late war tons of gms, shift gears spend a little more for type c frame just as modular far superior. Hot damn gm sniper custom is like hotcakes lets refine it with cold climate frame in mind. etc etc.
>>
>>13556829
For fuck's sake, man, your English is fucking terrible. And confusing too.

>From what my head cannon
This shit already has a development timeline, courtesy of the Master Archive GM artbook (look for a download of the scans).

>From what I gather and why I put it together like that is how the gm sniper 2 custom came to be. They wanted a less expensive sniper custom unit, with just the modifications on standard gm I doubt it would be more expensive then the frame the sniper 2 created.
Wrong. Taken from Mark Simmons' analysis of the artbook:
>The book notes the irony that the Sniper Custom and Sniper II appeared at the same time, which thus rules out any possibility that the Sniper II was based on feedback from the Sniper Custom. What it suggests instead is that the specifications for the Sniper Custom had been decided at an earlier point, and so the Augusta developers quickly whipped up a GM Command variation which conformed to these specs, completing it around the same time the upgrade kits were completed.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.