[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today (November 26th, 2015) marks the 11th anniversary of Diebuster.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: MED-DVD2-14776.jpg (38 KB, 239x300) Image search: [Google]
MED-DVD2-14776.jpg
38 KB, 239x300
Today (November 26th, 2015) marks the 11th anniversary of Diebuster.
I didn't see any posts about it so I figured I'd make one.
>>
File: Tycho_Science_22.jpg (820 KB, 2000x1281) Image search: [Google]
Tycho_Science_22.jpg
820 KB, 2000x1281
Tycho a cute
>>
I actually like Diebuster>Gunbuster
>>
Gunbuster was better and anyone who thinks otherwise is a dumb adhd MAL kiddie who should stick to a/z
happy anniversary
>>
>>13552261
Gunbuster is better, but Die is also fun
Let's appreciate Diebuster without comparisons
>>
>>13553759
I had a MAL and I still didn't like Diebuster.
>>
How did Lal'C even know to rip open Dix-Neuf's chest plate thing, take a degeneracy generator from one of drones that made up Diebuster and jam it into Dix-Neuf?
>>
>>13555061
She did't have special snowflake powers anymore so she had to use hard work and guts
>>
Awesome, stellar show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4CGPX9qaYQ
>>
>>13552275
Came here to post this.
>>
>>13555061

Dix Neuf told her too.

and when DN tells you to do something, you better do it
>>
General relativity was laid down by Einstein in four lectures on consecutive Thursdays of November one hundred years ago. We got two birthdays for the price of turkey.
>>
better than Gurren lagann ethierway
>>
File: chewchu.gif (144 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
chewchu.gif
144 KB, 180x180
I enjoyed Nono, the shenanigans, and metaphors, but overall I thought Diebuster was a weaker than Gunbuster. My little brother really enjoyed and I did too, but maybe I need to see it again because it was way more nonsense than expected. It had the punch and pep, yet, it made less sense than FLCL and Gurren Lagann. Great anime still, waaay better than the average schlock. Strong character design; and Lal'C and Nono are 2cute4me.

Really, I just want to know who made Nono and why. Also, why does she know about Noriko? So she's a robot and no one analyzed her? What's the big deal about Tycho's second mech? It's not a big deal because the show is great overall, but Nono's creation is what stands out to me overall.

...and what are the best Nono doujins to fap to?
>>
>>13555833
>Spoiler

You monster.
>>
>>13556024
But she's as good as Noriko for different reasons.
>>
I haven't seen Diebuster yet, but I saw Gunbuster a few months ago and loved it.
>>
>>13553747
This. It did everything better, a perfect sequel.
>>
>>13555833

>Who made Nono and why

Mankind and as a means to defeat the Space Monsters, duh. What do you think Buster Machines are good for? Cooking?

>why does she know about Noriko

Seeing how Noriko saved mankind's ass when Buster Machines were still in the single digits and she is a single digit Buster Machine as well, but one that does not require a pilot, they probably fed her datadumps about heroic deeds and acts so the AI within the Buster Machine fulfills its purpose, protecting mankind from Space Monsters

>She's a robot and no one analyzed her

Diebuster very heavily implies that a LOT of knowledge got lost over time and mankind changed inbetween Gun- and Diebuster. People had no clue mankind set up a form of "containment system" to keep mankind within its own solar system, people also had no clue about the origins of Buster Machines.

The BGM is half a note higher due to that as well.

>What's the big deal about Tycho's second mech?

Her first one got blown up and so she was a Topless that couldn't do shit, hence the need for giving her one as Topless can only serve for a limited amount of time? Wasted potential to not have a Topless in their prime with a Buster Machine.

You are a heathen for even wanting to do what you did in that Spoiler.
>>
Anyone else feel like rewatching it? I also would like to make it clear that Stardust Tears > Groovin' Magic
>>
>>13556511
Normally i wouldn't say anything in a thread like this, it's not meant for me. But you have to acknowledge that a common complaint about Diebuster is "it's a good show but a bad sequel". Like, i would probably enjoy Diebuster a lot more if it wasn't a sequel to Gunbuster, but because it was I hated it.
>>
>>13552261
Gunbuster is better.
>>
>>13558770

maybe the last half yeah but the first 3 episodes are non stop crybabying. Die is much better paced
>>
>>13558788
>Die is much better paced
Nah, Diebuster suffer from trying to do too much with little time, what the fuck was the point of that bazillion characters when only 5~ got developed? That said, I do agree that the beginning of Die was better than the one from Gun.
>>
Surely we can all agree that the one ending to both shows is the best ending of any anime?
>>
>Nono_walk.gif is absent.

Plz
>>
File: Nono_walk.gif (974 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Nono_walk.gif
974 KB, 500x500
>>13559115
i gotchu senpai
>>
File: nono.jpg (793 KB, 827x1169) Image search: [Google]
nono.jpg
793 KB, 827x1169
I love Nono, she's cute, CUTE
>>
File: she sees your dick.jpg (21 KB, 150x178) Image search: [Google]
she sees your dick.jpg
21 KB, 150x178
>mfw i watched Diebuster right after Gunbuster
No warning of tonal shift was enough
>>
Diebuster is a shit stain on Gunbuster's continuity
>>
>>13559818
Nice bait
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.