[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What /m/ show has the best sound design?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
>>
>>13540005
I doubt it's the best, but I'm really enjoying Comet Lucifer's.

For all of its downsides, I recall Evol as being pretty well edited on the audio side.
>>
The 10 best, in this order
1) FLCL
2) Cowboy Bebop
3) Gurren Lagann
4) Shin Getter Robo Armaggedon
5) Mobile Suit Gundam
6) Eureka Seven
7) GaoGaiGar
8) G Gundam
9) Macross 7
10) Mazinkaiser SKL
>>
>>13540005
Not saying it's the best by far, but Tekkaman Blade I and II's audio design are both fantastic.
>>
>>13540131
Are you not confusing sound design for sound track? Macross 7 had horrible sound design.
>>
>>13540468
It had a terrible soundtrack too
>>
>>13540468
>>13540484
As expected from someone listing Armageddon
>>
>>13540186
Blade?

The one where the lead yells so loud the microphone breaks?

Yeah, nah.
>>
>>13540468
the new guy's still learning audio nerding

like listing FLCL, there's some ugly as fuck cuts fitting the songs to fit the show

honestly I try to avoid thinking too hard about audio quality on stuff I watch, there's some really god-awful material out there if you look at it in a wave editor, like there's a giant pop in Kamen Rider Kabuto ep 1 that's present in the the dub and the moonspeak versions
>>
Some of the sound effects in Knights of Sidonia were pretty great. Especially the massive laser cannons.
>>
>>13540005
Transformers Armada. They used every sick mecha sound all the time. Even if it was just a head turn, the SFX would be something super dramatic.

Also Gundam SEED sounds interesting, at least. Sans for that one explosion sound. You know the one.
>>
>>13540571
Yeah that's true, there were some really satisfying things there.

>inb4 sound in space
>>
>>13540563
>like listing FLCL, there's some ugly as fuck cuts fitting the songs to fit the show
Woah, hold up. Like where? FLCL has the right songs in exactly the right places.
>>
>>13540733
all over episode 3
Also, MSG has shit design.
>>
>>13540498
Armageddon had a perfect soundtrack
>>
File: 1385221067360.jpg (131 KB, 558x700) Image search: [Google]
1385221067360.jpg
131 KB, 558x700
Shin Getter's the only album where nearly every song is worth a listen.

It's that good.

I don't know about sound design though.

But I know who's terrible at it.

anything by Knack
>>
>>13540761
MSG's dub has great sound design though; everyone's on point and those tracks sound great. The insert song used when Sla-Slei-blond douchebag who kissed Mirai and just sort of talked to WB crew sounded a little off, but no complaints with the audio.

>All over episode 3
I mean, nothing comes to mind as especially awkward.
>>
>>13540784
>MSG's dub has great sound design though
>dub
Well I didn't list that, now did I?
>>
>>13540805
I thought it was implied.
>>
I wanna be dorkly too
>>
>thread about sound design
>Fags posting about soundtracks
>>
>>13540816
>thought it was implied
No, and it's still not that good.
>>13540820
Delete this
>>
>>13540733
Hybrid Rainbow comes to mind immediately for stuff that had standout editing points.
They're well placed, but there's some ugly edits to fit them in place.

As for Gundam, my research indicates that stock Sunrise scrape-y metallic whooosquoooshwooosh noise for a thing about to explode is a misthreaded reel-to-reel with a light feedback loop for the echo.
>>
>>13540830
>/m/
>knowing what they are talking about
>>
File: 1381433449279.gif (497 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1381433449279.gif
497 KB, 240x180
>>13540005
Votoms
>>
>>>/wsg/840765
Madhouse always impresses me with their audio.

It'd have been cool if peak Madhouse had ever done a proper mecha series.
Or did they and I just didn't realize?
>>
>>13541071
>>
I really liked Majestic Prince's sound effects.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.