[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tengan toppa gurren lagann
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: latest-3.jpg (358 KB, 1280x1590) Image search: [Google]
latest-3.jpg
358 KB, 1280x1590
Gurren lagann art thread? I really like this mechanism anime. Mostly because it breaks science itself to a degree so insane that the final episode is unfathomable. And the movie "lagann-hen" cranks that up to infinite numbers of badassery. So tell me /m/ do you like this anime? If so why?
>>
>>13538622
>lagann-hen
Is that worth watching?
Since it's a joke spin off I didn't feel like I needed to see it but I've seen it referenced here a few times recently.
>>
i hear reddit loves it.
>>
>>13538632
It's the second compilation movie, which changes enough to be worth a watch. It cuts down on the worst part of the show (political stuff after the timeskip).
>>
>>13538622
Fuck off normie
>>
>>13538800
Also makes the space travel portion of the second half of the show more tolerable.
>>
File: 1421470248969.jpg (64 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1421470248969.jpg
64 KB, 848x480
>>13538622
It was great for its time.
>>
>>13538622
>mechanism anime
Sperged a bit, ngl.
>>
It's bretty gud
>>
It's pretty alright. I don't see why people feel so strongly about it either way.
>>
>>13538622
Better than the series that predate it that it "ripped off", especially Getter, and usually hated around here due to the hipster mentality, though most do have legitimate reasons to dislike it.
>>
>>13538800
But I like politics.

But Lagann-hen is worth it for the more over the top, and superior, version of the final battle.
>>
>>13540428
masterfully done, here's your first (You).
>>
>>13540553
Some great argument skills there. Truth hurts that much?
>>
>>13538622
Mediocre at best, which says a lot
>>
>>13540559
how's your day, spic?
>>
>>13540548
>more over the top, and superior, version of the final battle.
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. It's definitely much prettier, and has a lot of great additions that make it well worth watching like seeing Nia in her own mech, but it doesn't get me pumped like the original one did. The final charge towards the Anti-Spiral is miles better in the show, and it just feels everything in the series built up to this moment.
>>
Loved it, especially its tribute to Getter Robo.
>>
Overrated as hell, but pretty good.

don't really feel like it's a true super robot show cause it lacks the kind of GAR you get from Gaogaigar
>>
>>13538800
It also cuts down on the best part of the show (Simon punching the fuck out of Rossiu, any moral justification for Rossiu's shittiness)
>>
>>13538622
>>13538632
>>13540548

Lagann-hen a shit

Enjoy your final battle that goes against the themes of the show
>>
>>13543108
>Enjoy your final battle that goes against the themes of the show
You had that in the final episode though.
>>
>>13543168

Do tell me more about how your epic battle that devolves into just two men blindly beating the shit out of each other and trying to re-enacting a battle from 7 years ago captures the theme of progress and surpassing one's limits
>>
>>13543197

And it still flew in the face of other themes of the show. You can bash the battle in the movies all you want, but it was just an even bigger, even stupider version of the already big, already stupid battle.

> trying to re-enacting a battle from 7 years ago
really, cuz that battle was as many humans as possible in a major battle with untold legions of beast man, and the simon vs genome fight was a minor part of it. Whereas the final battle in the last episode was
>I fite you in IRL, bro. I quick scope you.

Reducing the antispirals to a hivemind, and therefore functionally one single character was a mistake. It was just a one on one fight more or less. The final battle had Size, but it didn't have the scale of the battle in ep 15. And the movie just took the stupid one on one battle, and made it bigger. I fail to see how it ruins what was a shitty 'battle' to begin with. All people give a damn about that fight is
>OMG BIGGEST FITE EVER!
So they took it and made it even bigger.
>>
File: Gamebryo.jpg (33 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
Gamebryo.jpg
33 KB, 480x358
>>13538622
I liked it. Mostly because I'm a sucker for gattai in any form.
You read Getter yet, OP?
>>
>>13543443
>filename
Ha.
>>
>>13538787
This
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.