[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finished Votoms few days ago. I didn't really like how it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: bottoms.jpg (181 KB, 850x685) Image search: [Google]
bottoms.jpg
181 KB, 850x685
Finished Votoms few days ago. I didn't really like how it ended but overall liked the show. Gave me some L-Gaim and Layzner vibes. I heard it has spinoff series. Are any of them any good? What other series like this would you recommend? Not sure if it's anything like this, but I feel I should watch Ideon to become real /m/an.
>>
Mellowlink is good and so is Lost Ambitions.

I've dabbled in everything else and can't say its anything really good and the story goes in directions I rather not say. In my head canon Votoms ended at the main series, and Mellowlink coincided.
>>
Oh and I really dig power armor stuff like Tekkaman, Detonator Orgun and MD Geist. Is there more of that stuff?

I have no idea what to watch first. I really like some 80s and 90s stuff.
>>
>>13537006
There's bubblegum crisis,madox, apocalypse zero
>>
>>13536997
>Layzner vibes
Well yeah, they have the same director.

If you haven't seen Galient or Dougram, watch those as well. Same guy, same period.
>>
>>13536997
Mellowlink is good.

The rest are nothing special.
>>
Have you watched Big Battle, The Last Red Shoulder, and Roots of Ambition? Great OVAs that are all connected to the original storyline. They are definitely worth the watch.
>>
>>13537005
>Lost Ambitions

What the fuck?
>>
>>13538359
Roots of Ambition
I goofed.
>>
>>13537643
I second this, and then watch Mellowlink after. I would recommend taking a brake from Votoms for a while so you don't get burnt out on it, then watch the other OVAs like Pailsen Files and Shinning Heresy.
>>
>>13536997
>I didn't really like how it ended

Care to elaborate?
>>
>>13538458
Not him but when you suddenly explode the scope of a piece of fiction it can kind of cheapen the experience.

I didn't mind the ending myself but it was not the most memorable part of the series.
>>
>>13538458
I liked Votoms when Chirico was portrayed only as extremely skilled normal human being with PTSD and I don't think it was good idea to make him PS.
>>
>>13538437
>Shining Heresy
Is there a reason to be this cruel?
>>
Does anyone have the torrent for the tv series all I can find is the OVAs.
>>
>>13540676
http://bakabt.me/torrent/147778/soukou-kihei-votoms-armored-trooper-votoms-remastered-h264-g-p
>>
>>13541622
Thank you!
>>
>>13539566
If it weren't for the ending; I'd say it was great. On it's own merits it is well animated and written well enough. However, it kinda ruins things for Chirico and his story up to that point.
>>
>>13536997
>I didn't really like how it ended

What?!? WHAT!?!
>>
>>13543278
>>13538835
>>
Come on Japan, why you haven't made a new Votoms anime?

It's
>>
>>13536997
Is the pic in OP is obari bottoms ?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.