[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sokyu no fafner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: img6107.jpg (56 KB, 600x377) Image search: [Google]
img6107.jpg
56 KB, 600x377
Worth watching?
>>
Yeah.
Though note that the three episode rule doesn't work here (it doesn't really work in general but here it's even worse) because they ended up changing the writing staff after ten episodes.
>>
>>13536838
>Though note that the three episode rule doesn't work here (it doesn't really work in general but here it's even worse) because they ended up changing the writing staff after ten episodes.

So what does that mean, it gets better or worse?
>>
File: Fafner Guide.png (4 MB, 949x1072) Image search: [Google]
Fafner Guide.png
4 MB, 949x1072
here u go. If you don't feel it by episode 6, maybe try RoL. It's a little more tonally "there"

>>13536864
Better, massively better.
There was a writer swap/firing.
>>
>>13536864

Better. It's not that I disliked the original writer, but honestly those first 10 episodes weren't that interesting.
>>
>>13536885
How could you dislike EDGEWORKS?
>>
>>13536900

It's not edge, it's that the show makes it so that you only know as much as Kazuki does for the first 10 episodes. Which amounts to jack and shit.
>>
>>13536908
No, I was referring to the old writer's company, EDGEWORKS.

Also, yeah, I feel that what the hell is going on thing. I did like that they delayed the infodump til you were removed from the island
Ends up quickly narrowing the focus for all the hype that came along in the second half.
>>
>>13536864
It goes from ok to really fucking good
>>
>>13536908
wasnt that the point? like the kids have no idea what is happening. i mean one day shiny gold aliens appear and you end up piloting a giant robot to fight and if that wasnt strange enough you find out half the world is destroyed and the suddenly your island starts moving to flee the monsters. i didnt know about the whole writer change thing i just thought those early episodes were to show the kids re adjusting after having their peaceful lives stripped from them and taking in their new world. The opening is basically just scenes of the kids living their lives on the island and then suddenly, BLAM a robot bursts out of the ocean
>>
>>13537054
>wasnt that the point?
Yeah, it just didn't necessarily need 11 episodes to do it. Not that I mind, but I can understand the complaint.
>>
File: BestGirl.jpg (90 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
BestGirl.jpg
90 KB, 225x350
As someone who just recently blitzedthough the entirety of the first season in few days, I'd say it's totally worth it even with the slog that is the first 10 or so episodes due to how strong the second half is.

Second half also introduces the best girl in the franchise, so there's that too.
>>
>>13536826
It's gotten to the point in Exodus where I consider it to be better than Evangelion. So yes.
>>
File: 4758-139353487.jpg (21 KB, 209x350) Image search: [Google]
4758-139353487.jpg
21 KB, 209x350
>>13537442
you're right anon
>>
OP Dont read this post im about to make

>>13537442
It's a real shame that your waifu is dead anon hahaha
>>
File: motto motto.jpg (78 KB, 1365x591) Image search: [Google]
motto motto.jpg
78 KB, 1365x591
>>13537444
trips confirm.
>>13537459
>yfw in a single episode she and Kenji went from solid, to fucking supreme.
>>
>>13537442
Best girl is a ball
>>
>>13537444
>It's gotten to the point in Exodus where I consider it to be better than Evangelion.
It's more fun. It feels like a combination of a lot of awesome mecha shit and everything is hype.
>>
>>13537547
>more fun
I guess you could call it that. It's like I'm having a heart attack every episode holy fuck this emotion rollercoaster has me on edge but I want more.
>>
>>13537442
>>13537542
but she died
>>
>>13537542
>Best girl is a ball
yeah shes a lot of fun
even though she started out a bit edgy, she's become a much more rounded character now. Its been a smooth transition too, i'm really excited to see how she'll roll as shit goes down in the coming episodes as things come full circle
>>
>>13537576
dude fuck off with the spoilers
>>
>>13537610
that episode was a month ago
>>
>>13537664
This thread was made by someone who hasn't seen the show.
>>
>>13537610
everyone eventually dies in fafner...so dont cry..
>>
I started watching MJP, how similar is it?
>>
>>13537476
>Seri will never devour your INOCHI

It hurts to live.
>>
>>13537792
MJP is Fafner with a relative absence of despair despair. Also so wacky XD hijinks for the first 8 episodes or so.
>>13537801
( ._.) ( ;_;)
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.